PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of any new drivers who may be going to LOLMDS?

2thextreme
10-29-2016, 10:59 PM
I overheard Scott Bloomquist in his interview with James Essex say at Portsmouth, OH that he thought there'd be more people joining LOLMDS next year.I wonder if it Josh Richards might be? I think he has reached the pinnacle in the WoO series and clearly has everyone outclassed in that series. Could he be ready to step up to the LOLMDS and try and conquer that series like he did this year with WoO. Of course, year before last, Shane Clanton won the WoO championship.I hate to learn that JD and BWRC will not be chasing the LOLMDS circuit next year. He is quite a driver, indeed.

Centeroff
10-29-2016, 11:26 PM
Xyreme, you officially opened up a can of worms. There are people on here that swear the WOO is competitive as Lucas but I agree with you. WOO is the Xfinity series compared to Lucas being sprint cup. Josh will win his fair share wherever he goes but why risk those seconds and 3rds when you can dominate the xfinity of dirt? Josh is gonna stay right where he is. Bank on it!

RoundNrOUND
10-29-2016, 11:41 PM
As someone who races for a living I'll tell you, whether I'm headed to a Lucas or WoO race I'm prepared the same. But, Lucas has the biggest competition without a doubt. If you're Clanton or Richards why would you leave? What is there to gain? It sure as hell isn't money.

2thextreme
10-29-2016, 11:43 PM
Yes...probably! LOL! No doubt, I think Lucas is the more prestigious one of the two overall. I just think they have a more talented group that race LOLMDS. I'm not sure if it is the better funded guys run the series or what but overall, I think they are more of the Creme de la Creme so to speak.I've also heard accusations that the WoO is governed a great deal by his dad and Rocket Chassis, etc. How much truth their is to all that, I am not sure.I know Josh was out of racing for a year or two and he's probably trying to build his bank account up somewhat. He has had a TREMENDOUS YEAR when it comes to winning money, etc. But, I think when you reach the pinnacle of one group (in this case for Kid Rocket, the WoO), you'd move over to LOLMDS. Perhaps they'd like to see Bloomquist move over to their sanctioning body but there is seemingly so much bad blood between Scott and the WRG, etc., I simply don't see that happening.I'm surprised to know that the WoO championship pays 100K to win, whereas Lucas Oil only pays $75K. Not sure about all that.I'd just be curious to know if Bobby Pierce (isn't he a driver? WOW!) or who might be moving over to follow Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series.

RoundNrOUND
10-29-2016, 11:51 PM
If you have a ride like O'Neal or Lanigan, a son of a rich father maybe, but when you're actually living off what you make in that car then why would you follow Lucas over WoO? Pride is great and wanting to beat the best is the dream but if I can't eat then all that doesn't matter much. If you look at what those guys in the bottom half of that top 10 in Lucas actually brought in, it doesn't go that far. Any of those guys could most likely go and finish top 5 in WoO and make more money. All the while still meeting up with the best of the best on occasion(like Eldora) and still get to race for a living.

RoundNrOUND
10-29-2016, 11:55 PM
As far as Richards having major pull at WoO, of course he does. Just like Scott has that pull at Lucas. They should have that say on some things if for any other reason they run those tours and have for many years. Politics are a part of life, including racing.

2thextreme
10-30-2016, 12:01 AM
Yep, I think you are right. No doubt, some of those guys didn't make that much money on the circuit. The stage used to be set for the BEST OF THE BEST (offered up by The World 100, The Dream 100, The North South 100 and the DTWC).Unfortunately, with Bloomquist being out of the Eldora shows due to the lawsuit, we don't really get to see the stage set like we'd like to.

joshroth14
10-30-2016, 12:06 AM
I think you will see more guys fall off of the series rather than join the series. Davenport, Lanigan and Francis I wouldn't expect to run next year. I think the only guy who possibly could join the series would be McDowell but thats probably a long shot. I would say maybe even Bloomquist running the full season could be in jeopardy if he decides to have surgery on his shoulders. He has torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders so if he opts to have it fixed he could miss speedweeks.

RoundNrOUND
10-30-2016, 12:08 AM
If polled every driver that races shows like that my bet is they would say they're glad Scott isn't there, if they're being honest with you and themselves. Bad for the fans and I get that but good for all the other racers.

RoundNrOUND
10-30-2016, 12:11 AM
I don't know for an absolute doubt but my bet is Lanigan isn't going anywhere this year other than right where is at now. There will be a couple new faces jumping on board if things fall into place.

jlacey
10-30-2016, 12:20 AM
Theres definitely some favoritism towards 1 driver as alot of us witnessed tonight. A move that got another driver dqd for doing the same thing came with no penalty this time.

jlacey
10-30-2016, 12:22 AM
Just going off his interview friday night Lanigan made it sound like he isnt going anywhere. But thats just my take on it

2thextreme
10-30-2016, 03:32 AM
Are you at liberty to say what happened? I didn't get to see any of the races, so I'm really not sure what you are making reference to, jlacey. Thank you...

zyoung25
10-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Lanigan will be back for next year, Francis is making a chassis change, but will continue to be teamed with TLR. I haven't heard what kind of chassis he will be in. If he's still carrying that optima sponsorship, he won't be going anywhere either. I'd like to see him go on the outlaw tour.

McDowell will probably never tour again. With him owning Boyds, and only having one car, I can't see him traveling anymore than he wants too.

jlacey
10-30-2016, 08:35 AM
Are you at liberty to say what happened? I didn't get to see any of the races, so I'm really not sure what you are making reference to, jlacey. Thank you...

No prob just didnt wanna seem like i was picking on this driver anymore than i already have, ive seen some of my favorite drivers do the same thing and it bugs me then too. Richards had a flat, drew the caution. Which is fine considering he had nowhere to go. Problem was he didnt make it back out in the time allowed so they gave the 1 to go sign. Now he comes out and immediately stops on the track to bring the yellow back out, soon as the yellow comes hes back on the gas. Alot of fans were confused since another driver was dqd earlier in the night for the same thing, some of the words i heard a few of them use were favoritism and crooked

calverton
10-30-2016, 08:44 AM
yes that would be bull crap

lokwaidid
10-30-2016, 09:19 AM
if bloomquist does have surgery and doesn't heal the quick, and davenport doesn't race the series, I would think the car counts would go up. I also think the racing would be more competitive without them. both of them were always thought of as the favorite at any track. if they were gone i'd have to think of landers as one of the top in points

jlacey
10-30-2016, 10:29 AM
I have a feeling that TMac will have a good 2017, with or without Bloomquist and JD.

Krooser
10-30-2016, 10:43 AM
The guys run these series based on business decisions. Few care about what the name is on the series.... it's about traveling expenses, purses, sponsor commitments, etc.

One of my early racing partners favorite sayings was 'you can't eat points'... we raced wherever the money was best, the tech was fair and the chances to make some $$$ was good... and we raced for $100 to win features!

calverton
10-30-2016, 10:53 AM
you gotta love the tracks that give double points for a weekly show lol

klemmabyna
10-30-2016, 06:34 PM
after reading the drivel of certain 4m members concerning how great the lucas oil champion is and how inferior the WoO series is, maybe some lucas racers ought to consider WoO!!!

sorry. that was uncalled for.

Clayton_Wetter
10-30-2016, 06:39 PM
after reading the drivel of certain 4m members concerning how great the lucas oil champion is and how inferior the WoO series is, maybe some lucas racers ought to consider WoO!!!

sorry. that was uncalled for.

That's okay. Burn calverton's ear off!!! hahahhahaahahahaa

dirtdobber45
10-30-2016, 07:08 PM
If WoO would have a tv deal like Lucas they would have more caliper drivers. Sponsors like having their name pop up on tv for free. And not a show on the internet, on real tv.

Josh Bayko
10-30-2016, 07:32 PM
If WoO would have a tv deal like Lucas they would have more caliper drivers. Sponsors like having their name pop up on tv for free. And not a show on the internet, on real tv.

The WoO is on TV today. Multiple times. And it's caliber, not caliper.

dirtdobber45
10-30-2016, 08:10 PM
The WoO is on TV today. Multiple times. And it's caliber, not caliper.Sorry caliber..lol but is WoO on tv as much as Lucas?

W2Racing09
10-30-2016, 08:17 PM
Theres definitely some favoritism towards 1 driver as alot of us witnessed tonight. A move that got another driver dqd for doing the same thing came with no penalty this time.

If you are talking about the Sprint driver bringing out an intentional caution and being DQed from the heat and Richards not being DQed:

The race was already under caution, not green like the Sprint race was. Also, there were several Late Models over the weekend that brought out cautions intentionally and then drove away into the pit area, etc. or to catch the field. The WoO Sprints and WoO Late Models do not have the same staff making the decisions. I didn't see any Late Models DQed for bringing out a caution intentionally.

Josh Bayko
10-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Sorry caliber..lol but is WoO on tv as much as Lucas?

Not generally, but that's mostly because the company doesn't own a TV station and camera crews like Lucas.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-31-2016, 03:30 AM
No prob just didnt wanna seem like i was picking on this driver anymore than i already have, ive seen some of my favorite drivers do the same thing and it bugs me then too. Richards had a flat, drew the caution. Which is fine considering he had nowhere to go. Problem was he didnt make it back out in the time allowed so they gave the 1 to go sign. Now he comes out and immediately stops on the track to bring the yellow back out, soon as the yellow comes hes back on the gas. Alot of fans were confused since another driver was dqd earlier in the night for the same thing, some of the words i heard a few of them use were favoritism and crookedThey all do that sh!t. You see what you wanna see, JD, Bloomer, you name it, they do that dumb stuff too. Not just Josh. But that's the status quo for 4m.

AndyB
10-31-2016, 11:04 AM
Its gonna shake out to where there is 10 or so quality teams follow both series the whole way because of the show up money and point fund money is based off the top ten. There may a less competitive well funded car or two try to run the whole deal if there is an uncontested rookie of the year title available. But even in the regional series, there is usually as many follow the whole deal as there is decent pay in the point fund. It kind of just works itself out about the first 1/3 of the way in.

george w
10-31-2016, 01:27 PM
Per the usual I'd guess the best idea we'll get is after speedweeks like any other year......

onlyfacts
10-31-2016, 04:35 PM
They all do that sh!t. You see what you wanna see, JD, Bloomer, you name it, they do that dumb stuff too. Not just Josh. But that's the status quo for 4m.I think Jlacey has a man crush for Josh and tries to over come it with hate.O'Neal did it at Eldora under green to change tires and nothing was done. All mighty Bloomquist caused a caution under green at Portsmouth and drove away....didn't have a flat or anything. Josh had a LR tire going down and didn't get the two laps to change it because it wasn't completely flat. So I don't blame him. While we are condemning and b1tching I don't understand why Lanigan and Casebolt wasn't disqualified.... WOO rules state if you hit someone on the caution or after the race you are disqualified. That was pretty obvious after the race between those two.

dirtdobber45
10-31-2016, 05:45 PM
Not generally, but that's mostly because the company doesn't own a TV station and camera crews like Lucas.I believe they should. It would help get more sponsors for the teams and for WoO.

calverton
10-31-2016, 05:48 PM
Sorry caliber..lol but is WoO on tv as much as Lucas?duh they don't own a tv network either if lucas really wanted to promote DLM they would have them on also HE11 i can't even get mavtv and neither can anybody that has DISH so tell me how great it is

Senroc-Systems
10-31-2016, 05:54 PM
I believe they should. It would help get more sponsors for the teams and for WoO.

The parent company of Craftsman Tools has the resources, and if they are paying attention to what their competition is doing, it's a " no brainier". Good call dd45!

dirtdobber45
10-31-2016, 05:57 PM
duh they don't own a tv network either if lucas really wanted to promote DLM they would have them on also HE11 i can't even get mavtv and neither can anybody that has DISH so tell me how great it isYea DISH sux

Clayton_Wetter
10-31-2016, 06:21 PM
Lucas and WoO. It only makes common sense that when one series becomes more loaded with talent than the other that some drivers will shift to the weaker one at the time. You can't have all of the best running together and getting a smaller piece of the purses for the entire season. Both pay about the same, but the WoO schedule does have more traveling miles for sure.

Clayton_Wetter
10-31-2016, 06:24 PM
duh they don't own a tv network either if lucas really wanted to promote DLM they would have them on also HE11 i can't even get mavtv and neither can anybody that has DISH so tell me how great it is

If you want racing get the internet sites. Do some of you people think that racing is the only thing there is??? Good grief!!!

If there was money and demand for these dirt races don't you think they would be going after it? Well, sorry but it's a fringe few that watch these races.

DISH is not bad when compared to all of the others. They all are lacking.

Josh Bayko
10-31-2016, 06:25 PM
I believe they should. It would help get more sponsors for the teams and for WoO.

You're overthinking this. The only national level sponsors in dirt racing are teams with NASCAR ownership, save for Richards/Sheppard.

almost broke
10-31-2016, 08:16 PM
Heard the other day Steve Francis has took the big valvoline sponsorship from Richards and shepherd and will field his own cars and run Lucas next year. And there is a newer s and s hauler out on 60 by his shop and it's not tims his is a 5150

onlyfacts
10-31-2016, 09:01 PM
Heard the other day Steve Francis has took the big valvoline sponsorship from Richards and shepherd and will field his own cars and run Lucas next year. And there is a newer s and s hauler out on 60 by his shop and it's not tims his is a 5150What kind of odds do you have on this happening? Are you an out of work comedian?

Barbecueboy
10-31-2016, 09:13 PM
You're overthinking this. The only national level sponsors in dirt racing are teams with NASCAR ownership, save for Richards/Sheppard.

And Pearson Jr.

Josh Bayko
10-31-2016, 09:51 PM
And Pearson Jr.

Yeah, I forgot him.

zyoung25
10-31-2016, 10:06 PM
Heard the other day Steve Francis has took the big valvoline sponsorship from Richards and shepherd and will field his own cars and run Lucas next year. And there is a newer s and s hauler out on 60 by his shop and it's not tims his is a 5150

Don't know about the sponsorship, the hauler is the one Madden had last year that he was leasing off of Lanigan until his new one got done. He will still be with Tim.

Centeroff
11-01-2016, 01:20 AM
Everyone one here would love to see the blue rocket and the zero battle for a points championship week in and week out. If Josh left WOO or Scott left Lucas it would hurt both series deep to the bone. Why do you think Lucas loves Scott and WOO loves Josh? If it don't make dollars it sure don't make sense! After watching how good the 1 has been lately, I'm not sure any driver in the country can outrun Josh week in and week out. Richards is a wheelman and those XR1 chassis are flat out rolling. I know the speed gets a little better every year but these guys have some work if they wanna catch those rockethorns.. Didn't give them the credit they deserve until I watched Richards at the Pittsburgher and BShep back it up at Portsmouth. Imo, they are the best chassis on the market.

Snake X3
11-01-2016, 06:45 AM
As a fan, I would love to see Richards and Clanton follow Lucas and a couple of the Lucas guys go over to WoO. This is only so there would be an end to the debate over which driver is the best in the country in a given season. I'm sorry, but I just can't tab Josh as "Driver of the Year" when he can't race in the most of the biggest events and runs against weaker competition on a weekly basis.

As someone that wishes to see DLM grow, I'd like to see the bigger paying events and competition more equal. When WoO's season finale pays no more than a regular show and very few of the big races being sanctioned by WoO, it just takes away from the status of the series. If the two series were more equal in terms of prestige and competition it would be a boon for the sport.

One idea I have been thinking about to get around the issue of the best drivers running different series would be (for lack of a better term) a Crown Jewel Cup. Lucas does something like this for their series, but in order for it to mean something it would require either dual sanctioning of the Crown Jewel events or WoO and Lucas to agree not to schedule against each other for the biggest events. Seems like Lucas guys are always there for the biggest WoO events, but Clanton and Richards rarely make the biggest Lucas events....which is pretty sad. Perhaps one way to deal with that is to give provisional for the top 3 in each series for Crown Jewel events. I hate provisional, but if that is what it takes to get the best of the best at the biggest races so there is a higher number of events that have all the top drivers racing, so be it.

onlyfacts
11-01-2016, 07:51 AM
As a fan, I would love to see Richards and Clanton follow Lucas and a couple of the Lucas guys go over to WoO. This is only so there would be an end to the debate over which driver is the best in the country in a given season. I'm sorry, but I just can't tab Josh as "Driver of the Year" when he can't race in the most of the biggest events and runs against weaker competition on a weekly basis. As someone that wishes to see DLM grow, I'd like to see the bigger paying events and competition more equal. When WoO's season finale pays no more than a regular show and very few of the big races being sanctioned by WoO, it just takes away from the status of the series. If the two series were more equal in terms of prestige and competition it would be a boon for the sport. One idea I have been thinking about to get around the issue of the best drivers running different series would be (for lack of a better term) a Crown Jewel Cup. Lucas does something like this for their series, but in order for it to mean something it would require either dual sanctioning of the Crown Jewel events or WoO and Lucas to agree not to schedule against each other for the biggest events. Seems like Lucas guys are always there for the biggest WoO events, but Clanton and Richards rarely make the biggest Lucas events....which is pretty sad. Perhaps one way to deal with that is to give provisional for the top 3 in each series for Crown Jewel events. I hate provisional, but if that is what it takes to get the best of the best at the biggest races so there is a higher number of events that have all the top drivers racing, so be it.Not going to argue with you just going to state the facts... Richards raced Bloomquist 13 times with Lucas and won 6 of the 13. 12 of those 13 were top 3 finishes only one time wasn't a top 3 that was at Knoxville when he had just passed Bloomquist for 2nd when he ran out of fuel with 3 laps to go. Out of those 13 races Bloomquist finished in front of Richards 3 times one of the three was when he ran out of fuel. Out of those 13 Lucas races that Richards raced Bloomquist Won 1. And on the WOO events that Bloomquist raced it was pretty much the same.. Please explain what Lucas Crown Jewel Events that Richards didn't make not just this year but ever.... Between Bloomquist and Richards this year the only one that missed making a Crown Jewel race was Bloomquist at the Dream.. .oh by the way you may want check out the story that DOD did last week on Crown Jewel winners history under 30 years old .... Richards and Bloomquist has the same amount at age 28 which is Richards age. Moyer had none at age 28. Hard to compare a drivers career to someone that is almost a whole generation older. Let's compare Bloomquist career of what it was at age 28 to Richards at age 28.

klemmabyna
11-01-2016, 08:07 AM
Klemmabyna, you think Richards is better than zero?? Yea right, at what?? Just another silver spoon that got a chance. He can't find a way to win the big races so I'd say your betting on a dead horse. If your gonna call someone a (masterbaiter) atleast learn how to spell it dumbas$!! You guys kill me. You do your homework on a guy and still fuk it up. Is oldfan your dad?? I love when uneducated people try to make a point but all they make is the point of how stupid grown men can make themselves look. Hey Einstein, better luck next time ya idiot!!
Everyone one here would love to see the blue rocket and the zero battle for a points championship week in and week out. If Josh left WOO or Scott left Lucas it would hurt both series deep to the bone. Why do you think Lucas loves Scott and WOO loves Josh? If it don't make dollars it sure don't make sense! After watching how good the 1 has been lately, I'm not sure any driver in the country can outrun Josh week in and week out. Richards is a wheelman and those XR1 chassis are flat out rolling. I know the speed gets a little better every year but these guys have some work if they wanna catch those rockethorns.. Didn't give them the credit they deserve until I watched Richards at the Pittsburgher and BShep back it up at Portsmouth. Imo, they are the best chassis on the market.glad to see you have become enlightened.

Snake X3
11-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Not going to argue with you just going to state the facts...

:rolleyes:

NormP
11-01-2016, 03:20 PM
What kind of odds do you have on this happening? Are you an out of work comedian?

It's not any more far-fetched than some of the other rumors that float around here. Considering how long Francis had the Valvoline sponsorship before, and his hometown connection to it, it's not a completely crazy thought. It's just a matter of how Valvoline and Optima would affect each other if he keeps the Optima sponsorship. I can't imagine either one would want to play second fiddle.

W2Racing09
11-01-2016, 03:26 PM
It's not any more far-fetched than some of the other rumors that float around here. Considering how long Francis had the Valvoline sponsorship before, and his hometown connection to it, it's not a completely crazy thought. It's just a matter of how Valvoline and Optima would affect each other if he keeps the Optima sponsorship. I can't imagine either one would want to play second fiddle.

Not to mention the performance side of things, I would think they would want to be on two of the winning-est cars in DLM competition in the country, not one of the winning-est cars in DLM B-Main competition in the country.

NormP
11-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Your perception of who is more competitive might not mean anything to someone at Valvoline that has the say-so in whose car the sticker goes on. To quote Josh Bayko, you're over-thinking this. And as usual, letting your worship of Mark Richards override your objectivity.

NormP
11-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Please explain what Lucas Crown Jewel Events that Richards didn't make not just this year but ever.... Between Bloomquist and Richards this year the only one that missed making a Crown Jewel race was Bloomquist at the Dream.. .

Well I'm not a huge fan of Bloomquist, but you're missing some facts. We have only to go back approximately 2.5 months to find a Crown Jewel race that Little Richards missed at Florence Speedway. And it was a Lucas one as you requested.

Josh Bayko
11-01-2016, 06:13 PM

It's also entirely possible, likely even, that Valvoline will be on all three cars next season (Richards, Sheppard, Francis). I mean, they're a multi-billion dollar company.

zyoung25
11-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Valvoline was also helping out the Conleys this past season, to what extent, I'm not sure. They always mentioned them in the races they won, so it must be enough for them to remember.

dirtdobber45
11-01-2016, 06:20 PM
You're overthinking this. The only national level sponsors in dirt racing are teams with NASCAR ownership, save for Richards/Sheppard.Who cares about national sponsorship(they all do but)? Id say Reece Baird and a few others like having their names flash across the tv screen just like Valvoline and Lucas does.

Centeroff
11-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Onlyfacts, you can't compare apples to oranges. Bloomquist had two world 100s under his belt at age 28. Josh can never close the deal on the big one. Josh wasn't gonna outrun Scott at Knoxville. Scott would lose a spot or two and then run the leader down 4 seconds. Scott had around 150 wins at the age of 29. Scott won numerous 10k races in the 80s and that would be 30k today. Scott won like 40 races or something around 1990 and has an over 70% win ratio the first time he ever ran a new track. Do you believe anybody in the sport has better resources that Richards? Absolutely not. Scott had one car back in those days and maybe 1 engine and a lapped out backup. If bloomer was so dam hard headed he could have sat in any seat in the business. Josh is tough and Scotts better days are behind him. The man is 53 years old. There is only one goat and he wears long hair and drives a black car

dirtdobber45
11-01-2016, 07:22 PM
There is only one goat and he wears long hair and drives a black carThanx c-off for the compliment.... j/k...lol

dirtdobber45
11-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Wasnt the first globe he won with a broke arm?

calverton
11-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Onlyfacts, you can't compare apples to oranges. Bloomquist had two world 100s under his belt at age 28. Josh can never close the deal on the big one. Josh wasn't gonna outrun Scott at Knoxville. Scott would lose a spot or two and then run the leader down 4 seconds. Scott had around 150 wins at the age of 29. Scott won numerous 10k races in the 80s and that would be 30k today. Scott won like 40 races or something around 1990 and has an over 70% win ratio the first time he ever ran a new track. Do you believe anybody in the sport has better resources that Richards? Absolutely not. Scott had one car back in those days and maybe 1 engine and a lapped out backup. If bloomer was so dam hard headed he could have sat in any seat in the business. Josh is tough and Scotts better days are behind him. The man is 53 years old. There is only one goat and he wears long hair and drives a black car please wipe your chin

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Onlyfacts, you can't compare apples to oranges. Bloomquist had two world 100s under his belt at age 28. Josh can never close the deal on the big one. Josh wasn't gonna outrun Scott at Knoxville. Scott would lose a spot or two and then run the leader down 4 seconds. Scott had around 150 wins at the age of 29. Scott won numerous 10k races in the 80s and that would be 30k today. Scott won like 40 races or something around 1990 and has an over 70% win ratio the first time he ever ran a new track. Do you believe anybody in the sport has better resources that Richards? Absolutely not. Scott had one car back in those days and maybe 1 engine and a lapped out backup. If bloomer was so dam hard headed he could have sat in any seat in the business. Josh is tough and Scotts better days are behind him. The man is 53 years old. There is only one goat and he wears long hair and drives a black car

And theres only 1 CHODE named centeroff

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-01-2016, 07:46 PM
please wipe your chin

Hes tryn but he cant find it

Centeroff
11-02-2016, 02:42 AM
Sideways, I will gladly wear a CHODE tee shirt to speedweeks when you decide to show off that 125lb doll baby with the DD up top! God only made 9 women that are 125lbs and DD and liegays happened to marry one! Lol. We all instantly smelled a rat the milasecond you posted that BS. I have been dealing with idiots like you my whole life. This is site is for racers schmo, not a place to come and lie to make friends. I'm sure you bounce from here to Facebook but if your gonna come on here spitting lies every other post, you should stay on Facebook ya fukn drama filled idiot! Lol. Still love ya "ole pal"

W2Racing09
11-02-2016, 09:09 AM
Your perception of who is more competitive might not mean anything to someone at Valvoline that has the say-so in whose car the sticker goes on. To quote Josh Bayko, you're over-thinking this. And as usual, letting your worship of Mark Richards override your objectivity.

I don't think I would consider it my perception, or anybody's perception of who is competitive. It is factual information, Francis struggles to make shows on a regular basis, while Richards and Sheppard are winning on a regular basis. How many times do you see pictures of Josh Richards' car around the internet? Infinitely more than I see the Steve Francis car that is for sure. The amount of residual advertising achieved when sponsoring drivers like Richards and Sheppard is night and day compared to what it would be with Francis. He does not even have many fans, there would be no upside to the deal at all. That is why (just like when this same rumor popped up last year) it is a joke. As Josh Bayko said, if anything it is more likely they will sponsor all three cars.

Barbecueboy
11-02-2016, 09:23 AM

Beat me to it........

cutman
11-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Sideways, I will gladly wear a CHODE tee shirt to speedweeks when you decide to show off that 125lb doll baby with the DD up top! God only made 9 women that are 125lbs and DD and liegays happened to marry one! Lol. We all instantly smelled a rat the milasecond you posted that BS. I have been dealing with idiots like you my whole life. This is site is for racers schmo, not a place to come and lie to make friends. I'm sure you bounce from here to Facebook but if your gonna come on here spitting lies every other post, you should stay on Facebook ya fukn drama filled idiot! Lol. Still love ya "ole pal"

You don't need God to get some DD's. Mine will have a set of fun bags soon 😜

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-02-2016, 10:25 AM
You don't need God to get some DD's. Mine will have a set of fun bags soon 

Both d's together make dd's right lol

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-02-2016, 10:27 AM

Get the ones where you can pump them up if you want to go bigger at some point or you can leave them where there at then you dont need to do complete surgery.

Highside Hustler25
11-02-2016, 10:39 AM

So true:)

http://www.4m.net/images/attach/jpg.gif

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-02-2016, 11:18 AM

You mean 8 cuz your the 9th there big queef!

You have been dealn w idiots since you been looking in the mirror!

NormP
11-02-2016, 01:33 PM
I don't think I would consider it my perception, or anybody's perception of who is competitive. It is factual information, Francis struggles to make shows on a regular basis, while Richards and Sheppard are winning on a regular basis. How many times do you see pictures of Josh Richards' car around the internet? Infinitely more than I see the Steve Francis car that is for sure. The amount of residual advertising achieved when sponsoring drivers like Richards and Sheppard is night and day compared to what it would be with Francis. He does not even have many fans, there would be no upside to the deal at all. That is why (just like when this same rumor popped up last year) it is a joke. As Josh Bayko said, if anything it is more likely they will sponsor all three cars.

Like I said, what you think may not matter to the person who is in charge of assigning that sponsorship. The valvoline decal was on Francis' ride before little Richards ever climbed into a race car. There is probably a reason for that. And it is not factual that Francis "struggles" to make shows on a regular basis.

Try to approach this from an objective standpoint. We all know you think the Richards clan can do no wrong and is the top of the heap, but beyond that, I'm not sure how much you understand the relationships. Who do you think drove the rocket house car with valvoline sponsorship before Richards? And where did that sponsorship go when said driver left the program?

Centeroff
11-02-2016, 01:54 PM
I can't see paying 5-10k for something everyone in the grandstands is gonna be drooling over lol. My wife turns enough heads as it is with her 34 Cs. My dad always said get a ugly woman so nobody else would wan her lol

W2Racing09
11-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Like I said, what you think may not matter to the person who is in charge of assigning that sponsorship. The valvoline decal was on Francis' ride before little Richards ever climbed into a race car. There is probably a reason for that. And it is not factual that Francis "struggles" to make shows on a regular basis.

Try to approach this from an objective standpoint. We all know you think the Richards clan can do no wrong and is the top of the heap, but beyond that, I'm not sure how much you understand the relationships. Who do you think drove the rocket house car with valvoline sponsorship before Richards? And where did that sponsorship go when said driver left the program?

I'm not saying that my opinion should matter to them. Although I would no longer be a Valvoline customer were they to drop Richards and Sheppard that money is just a drop in the bucket for a big company. If a more beneficial sponsorship target came along it would definitely be a smart business decision to pursue it. Dropping Richards and Sheppard in place of Francis does not do that. He is significantly less marketable than Richards and Sheppard, and in addition he wins a fraction of the amount of races which leads to less press and less visibility for his team and sponsors. I'm absolutely not being biased right now, there is no logical way of looking at a decision like that in any way being beneficial to anyone but Francis. Now if the decision maker is somehow related to Francis then there is at least an explanation.

As far as it not being a fact that Francis struggles to make shows, all it takes is a quick look through the DoD LOLMDS results this season to determine otherwise. Not only did he miss the World Finals on Saturday night, but he has used several provisionals with the LOLMDS this season, he has several times transferred to the main using one of the final spots in a consi and he has also missed qualifying altogether for some major events (such as the Dream).

Basically, in this sport people see what the winning drivers are doing and they do it. Whether that means going out and buying a new chassis, new shocks, new products, etc. That is how this sport is no matter how much sense it makes. If Valvoline wants to sell VR1 Oil, and other products to Dirt Racers then they certainly want to be involved with a winning team.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Barbecueboy
11-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Sometimes this is just painful to watch.........

If everybody in the room can see it but you can't.......it's probably not " everybody else" that's incorrect.

Love how folks that have been watching slm racing for 4 or 5 years think they can tell people that have been watching or involved for 40 or 50 how dirt racing is suppose to go..........laughable

Carry on.

jog49
11-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Whew! I'm just relieved to hear Centeroff talk about a wife. All of his conversations on this message board would have lead one to think that he could "hold one in his mouth until the swelling went down", and it wasn't about boobs!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Whew! I'm just relieved to hear Centeroff talk about a wife. All of his conversations on this message board would have lead one to think that he could "hold one in his mouth until the swelling went down", and it wasn't about boobs!

He can thats his talent. Hes been w bloomer so long hes got it down pat.
The babe is a cover to hide his true identity

dirtdobber45
11-02-2016, 08:24 PM
So true:)http://www.4m.net/images/attach/jpg.gifNice...yummy

calverton
11-02-2016, 08:53 PM
I can't see paying 5-10k for something everyone in the grandstands is gonna be drooling over lol. My wife turns enough heads as it is with her 34 Cs. My dad always said get a ugly woman so nobody else would wan her lol you are lying

mud duck
11-03-2016, 02:53 AM
I'm not saying that my opinion should matter to them. Although I would no longer be a Valvoline customer were they to drop Richards and Sheppard that money is just a drop in the bucket for a big company. If a more beneficial sponsorship target came along it would definitely be a smart business decision to pursue it. Dropping Richards and Sheppard in place of Francis does not do that. He is significantly less marketable than Richards and Sheppard, and in addition he wins a fraction of the amount of races which leads to less press and less visibility for his team and sponsors. I'm absolutely not being biased right now, there is no logical way of looking at a decision like that in any way being beneficial to anyone but Francis. Now if the decision maker is somehow related to Francis then there is at least an explanation.

As far as it not being a fact that Francis struggles to make shows, all it takes is a quick look through the DoD LOLMDS results this season to determine otherwise. Not only did he miss the World Finals on Saturday night, but he has used several provisionals with the LOLMDS this season, he has several times transferred to the main using one of the final spots in a consi and he has also missed qualifying altogether for some major events (such as the Dream).

Basically, in this sport people see what the winning drivers are doing and they do it. Whether that means going out and buying a new chassis, new shocks, new products, etc. That is how this sport is no matter how much sense it makes. If Valvoline wants to sell VR1 Oil, and other products to Dirt Racers then they certainly want to be involved with a winning team.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I'm not saying the rumor is true or not. But, would it really hurt for Francis to get the sponsorship over Josh?? Your sort of making it sound like Steve is not worthy?? There's a lot of guys out there that don't win ever week W2. But, they also need sponsorship get up and down the road. Its obvious everyone knows where your love is directed. But, it's not like Mark will fold and the house car won't be out there on the track if Valvoline leaves. To make the statement, you won't buy Valvoline if they leave Josh is stupid!! The sport needs sponsorships no matter who's car their on!! And they should be supported, even if you don't love the driver. There are other drivers out there besides Josh and BShepp you do realize that don't you?

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2016, 08:43 AM

That purchase often ends poorly.

MissouriMadMan
11-03-2016, 08:44 AM
back to the original post...... don't know if anyone heard anything while out at the World Finals but if Jesse Stovall could secure some more sponsorship he would like to run more national shows. two years ago he had 19 wins running MLRA and MARS and only running the in Midwest and won the MLRA points this year. not sure if he could run full time nationally but I did hear the team is going to head either out west this winter/spring or head southeast and see how it goes, don't think they have made there minds up yet with what direction to go after the first of the year, but would really like to branch out from the Midwest.

W2Racing09
11-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Sometimes this is just painful to watch.........

If everybody in the room can see it but you can't.......it's probably not " everybody else" that's incorrect.

Love how folks that have been watching slm racing for 4 or 5 years think they can tell people that have been watching or involved for 40 or 50 how dirt racing is suppose to go..........laughable

Carry on.

Do you think DLM racing just exists in its own world where big companies throw money at "The Good Guys" and don't expect anything back in return? I don't claim to be a DLM expert, but I do claim to be pretty well versed in advertisement and marketing.

There is no upside to dropping Richards and B.Shepp in exchange for Francis. There are few drivers where there would be an upside, maybe Pierce, or someone like that but certainly not Francis. This isn't Reece Monuments or Seubert Calf Ranches or something like that. The person making the decision on which cars to sponsor is accountable to someone unlike those businesses, and decisions need to be rationalized and make sense. You can't just say I like Francis better or something like that.

If you have reasoning behind the decision beyond "You don't know the history" or something like that then by all means lets hear it but so far all you both have done is tell me that I'm being biased in saying that Richards and B.Shepp are much more competitive than Francis (which is actually fact not opinion), and that Francis had the sponsorship before (a long time ago).

Thanks,
Jeff.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-03-2016, 08:51 AM
back to the original post...... don't know if anyone heard anything while out at the World Finals but if Jesse Stovall could secure some more sponsorship he would like to run more national shows. two years ago he had 19 wins running MLRA and MARS and only running the in Midwest and won the MLRA points this year. not sure if he could run full time nationally but I did hear the team is going to head either out west this winter/spring or head southeast and see how it goes, don't think they have made there minds up yet with what direction to go after the first of the year, but would really like to branch out from the Midwest.

I thought he looked good at world finals. Car was fast

W2Racing09
11-03-2016, 08:58 AM
I'm not saying the rumor is true or not. But, would it really hurt for Francis to get the sponsorship over Josh?? Your sort of making it sound like Steve is not worthy?? There's a lot of guys out there that don't win ever week W2. But, they also need sponsorship get up and down the road. Its obvious everyone knows where your love is directed. But, it's not like Mark will fold and the house car won't be out there on the track if Valvoline leaves. To make the statement, you won't buy Valvoline if they leave Josh is stupid!! The sport needs sponsorships no matter who's car their on!! And they should be supported, even if you don't love the driver. There are other drivers out there besides Josh and BShepp you do realize that don't you?

I don't think it would really hurt the Richards team, with B.Shepp going back to his own stuff though I'm sure every little bit of sponsorship helps. I don't necessarily think Steve is unworthy, he had Optima Batteries this season and that is a good sponsor too.

I go out of my way to patronize companies that support my favorite drivers, series, tracks, (sports teams, and anything else). Josh Richards is my favorite driver so I buy Valvoline stuff even when it costs more for my daily drivers. I also make sure to support companies like Bad Boy Off Road, Craftsman (I've bought Craftsman exclusively since they began sponsoring WoO -- aside from Power Tools), and Morton Buildings is currently in the running for the Pole Barn I'm having built in the Spring (although a local company that also supports racing is probably who I will go with considering price and the customer service I've received so far). If Valvoline were to drop Richards and B. Shepp I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them anymore -- in fact I would probably start buying more AMSOIL (which is what I already use for pretty much all of the other synthetics that I buy) since they sponsor Billy Moyer Jr which is another driver I'm a fan of.

Barbecueboy
11-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Do you think DLM racing just exists in its own world where big companies throw money at "The Good Guys" and don't expect anything back in return? I don't claim to be a DLM expert, but I do claim to be pretty well versed in advertisement and marketing.

There is no upside to dropping Richards and B.Shepp in exchange for Francis. There are few drivers where there would be an upside, maybe Pierce, or someone like that but certainly not Francis. This isn't Reece Monuments or Seubert Calf Ranches or something like that. The person making the decision on which cars to sponsor is accountable to someone unlike those businesses, and decisions need to be rationalized and make sense. You can't just say I like Francis better or something like that.

If you have reasoning behind the decision beyond "You don't know the history" or something like that then by all means lets hear it but so far all you both have done is tell me that I'm being biased in saying that Richards and B.Shepp are much more competitive than Francis (which is actually fact not opinion), and that Francis had the sponsorship before (a long time ago).

Thanks,
Jeff.
No upside ????

Here are a couple.

Gets Francis cheaper.
Rewarding the longtime Francis loyalty.
Other sponsor synergized relationships , maybe it's just a good fit for Steve , his current group of new sponsors and the valvoline guys again.

So to say there is no upside is a bit of a stretch........actually it's not even stretch, it's just incorrect.

I ,like others though think it will be a multi pronged approach with the valvoline guys expanding sponsorship , not cutting it back.( but all you assumed was that I just think they are bailing on your guy Richards).........objectivity blinded by the rose colored rocket glasses again, because I never once even came close to saying anything of the sort.

What kills me about you sometimes is the condescending nature of your posts......as if you have to explain to us how it all works.

Like your claim of having a marketing background.....to hear you talk and to read your stuff you make it sound as if you have that market cornered on 4m.

I am in that business, so I kinda know how that marketing stuff goes Jeff, I got my degree in 1985....about 10 years after seeing my first late model dirt track race with my father.

Happy you are enthusiastic and passionate about the sport.......but give the guys that have been around it a little while some credit.

I've learned the hard way that just because you have an assumption about someone or something, it doesn't always make it so.

given you two examples of that in this very post.

Barbecueboy
11-03-2016, 01:54 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

And the valvoline on Steves car, wasn't exactly a long time ago............think you mentioned your first slm race was in 2012 maybe???

So for you, yeah......maybe it was a long time ago.

I remember being at Charlotte when he wrapped up the championship in the beitler car....and it wasn't all that long ago...believe the valvoline sticker was on the car....but maybe I'm wrong.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Since when does DLM racing move the needle for Valvoline and make product fly off the shelf? I have a hard time thinking there is much impact.

Josh Bayko
11-03-2016, 02:15 PM
Since when does DLM racing move the needle for Valvoline and make product fly off the shelf? I have a hard time thinking there is much impact.

I doubt it moves the needle much, if at all for Valvoline. However, it certainly doesn't hurt them to give out a few sponsorship in DLM racing, because it's rather affordable (in the grand scheme of motorsport sponsorship) advertising.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2016, 02:23 PM
I doubt it moves the needle much, if at all for Valvoline. However, it certainly doesn't hurt them to give out a few sponsorship in DLM racing, because it's rather affordable (in the grand scheme of motorsport sponsorship) advertising.

Agreed. But I guess my point was that if it doesn't move the needle, performance of the car is very unimportant.

W2Racing09
11-03-2016, 02:35 PM

No upside ????

Here are a couple.

Gets Francis cheaper.
Rewarding the longtime Francis loyalty.
Other sponsor synergized relationships , maybe it's just a good fit for Steve , his current group of new sponsors and the valvoline guys again.

So to say there is no upside is a bit of a stretch........actually it's not even stretch, it's just incorrect.

I ,like others though think it will be a multi pronged approach with the valvoline guys expanding sponsorship , not cutting it back.( but all you assumed was that I just think they are bailing on your guy Richards).........objectivity blinded by the rose colored rocket glasses again, because I never once even came close to saying anything of the sort.

What kills me about you sometimes is the condescending nature of your posts......as if you have to explain to us how it all works.

Like your claim of having a marketing background.....to hear you talk and to read your stuff you make it sound as if you have that market cornered on 4m.

I am in that business, so I kinda know how that marketing stuff goes Jeff, I got my degree in 1985....about 10 years after seeing my first late model dirt track race with my father.

Happy you are enthusiastic and passionate about the sport.......but give the guys that have been around it a little while some credit.

I've learned the hard way that just because you have an assumption about someone or something, it doesn't always make it so.

given you two examples of that in this very post.

If you are involved in this business then you should know that the "upside" you mentioned isn't exactly the type of stuff you list in a board meeting when you are explaining to your boss why you just spent $25-30k of the advertising budget on a Dirt Late Model - aside from the less expensive part, which isn't necessarily true since nobody knows the specifics.

Also, I made sure to quote the actual person who stated that Francis was taking the Richards/Sheppard sponsorship to clear up any confusion there. More power to them if they want to additionally sponsor someone -- like they have with the Conley's, Cody Mahoney, Gregg Satterlee and others in the past as well. I wasn't arguing that they shouldn't sponsor Francis, I was arguing that dropping your two high profile/marketable drivers and in exchange sponsoring Francis does not make much sense.

As I've said previously, the condescending part is coming from your head. My posts are not meant to be condescending, but there is nothing I can do to stop you from feeling that way beyond saying I'm sorry that you feel that way.

Thanks,
Jeff.

NormP
11-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Agreed. But I guess my point was that if it doesn't move the needle, performance of the car is very unimportant.

That was going to be my point to Jeff when I got home from work, but you beat me to it.

Valvoline is a multi-national company with God only knows how much money going out for everything under the sun. Dirt Late Model racing is a pretty small segment of autosports. So I don't think Valvoline is as concerned about who the best in the business is as Jeff thinks they are.

As far as the sponsorship goes, there is a pretty decent history with Steve Francis the hometown guy, and I think Jeff is completely overlooking that. And as BBQ boy said, it wasn't that long ago that the big V was on his car. He only let it go because he was going to CBR with the Georgia Boot ride. It wasn't yanked from him by anyone.

Josh Bayko
11-03-2016, 02:38 PM

I tend to agree. Relationships tend to matter more. And let's be serious here, Steve Francis hasn't exactly set the world on fire the last few years, but he's still fairly competitive on the national scene. Sure, Richards was better in 2016 and will be going into the future, but it's completely unfair to compare anybody's stats to Richards (other than Bloomer) at this point.

And I maintain that Valvoline will likely be on both Francis' and Richards' cars in 2017. Visibility on both tours that way.

W2Racing09
11-03-2016, 02:40 PM

They use Josh Richards and the Rocket House Car quite extensively in the Team Valvoline "Club" that they have. You can join there and watch educational videos about things like changing gears in a DLM, etc. Josh Richards has done a decent sized series of videos for them on there. I do think unlike a lot of DLM cars there is a decent reach for Valvoline in conjunction with the Rocket House Car (which is pretty much the featured car on the WoO series and is in a lot of their advertising). It is definitely a small piece of the pie for them, but I would say they probably recognize the value of it as well more so than they do with some of the smaller teams they also sponsor.

Barbecueboy
11-03-2016, 04:02 PM
If you are involved in this business then you should know that the "upside" you mentioned isn't exactly the type of stuff you list in a board meeting when you are explaining to your boss why you just spent $25-30k of the advertising budget on a Dirt Late Model - aside from the less expensive part, which isn't necessarily true since nobody knows the specifics.

Also, I made sure to quote the actual person who stated that Francis was taking the Richards/Sheppard sponsorship to clear up any confusion there. More power to them if they want to additionally sponsor someone -- like they have with the Conley's, Cody Mahoney, Gregg Satterlee and others in the past as well. I wasn't arguing that they shouldn't sponsor Francis, I was arguing that dropping your two high profile/marketable drivers and in exchange sponsoring Francis does not make much sense.

As I've said previously, the condescending part is coming from your head. My posts are not meant to be condescending, but there is nothing I can do to stop you from feeling that way beyond saying I'm sorry that you feel that way.

Thanks,
Jeff.

IF, I'm involved in the business of marketing??????

( insert long sigh here^^^^^^^)

I wouldn't know anything about sponsoring drivers, series or events either......please do learn me some stuff on that side of it.

( insert same sigh here^^^^^^)

Barbecueboy
11-03-2016, 04:07 PM
That was going to be my point to Jeff when I got home from work, but you beat me to it.

Valvoline is a multi-national company with God only knows how much money going out for everything under the sun. Dirt Late Model racing is a pretty small segment of autosports. So I don't think Valvoline is as concerned about who the best in the business is as Jeff thinks they are.

As far as the sponsorship goes, there is a pretty decent history with Steve Francis the hometown guy, and I think Jeff is completely overlooking that. And as BBQ boy said, it wasn't that long ago that the big V was on his car. He only let it go because he was going to CBR with the Georgia Boot ride. It wasn't yanked from him by anyone.

Jeff said it was a long time ago.......so it must have been a long time ago.

Fugetaboutit........it's jeffs world, we are all students.in it.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-03-2016, 04:20 PM
I think Jlacey has a man crush for Josh and tries to over come it with hate.O'Neal did it at Eldora under green to change tires and nothing was done. All mighty Bloomquist caused a caution under green at Portsmouth and drove away....didn't have a flat or anything. Josh had a LR tire going down and didn't get the two laps to change it because it wasn't completely flat. So I don't blame him. While we are condemning and b1tching I don't understand why Lanigan and Casebolt wasn't disqualified.... WOO rules state if you hit someone on the caution or after the race you are disqualified. That was pretty obvious after the race between those two.Apparently you missed the part where Bloomer's crew guy put his kill switch in a spot very easy to hit on accident. That is what happened at PRP to Bloomer. He knew it needed moved and they never did it.

W2Racing09
11-03-2016, 04:59 PM
IF, I'm involved in the business of marketing??????

( insert long sigh here^^^^^^^)

I wouldn't know anything about sponsoring drivers, series or events either......please do learn me some stuff on that side of it.

( insert same sigh here^^^^^^)

You are the one who capitalized the IF not me. I'm just pointing out that being involved in the business you know this stuff. You are overlooking your knowledge of this because you have a bias in the opposite direction (against Mark Richards). If you are not being biased then how could you say it would be a good decision?

28 Year old driver, with lots of fans who drivers for arguably the best team in DLM racing in terms of wins.

23 Year old up and coming driver, with TONS of fans and has a few wins including one of the biggest DLM races of the season.

Vs.

50 Year old driver, with a few loyal fans who had several solid top 5 runs this season but no wins (to my knowledge).

If you are going to spend the time and money to sponsor DLM racing to me it is only logical to get the most bang for your buck. If there are other factors at play then I totally understand the reasoning, but short of Francis being the last name of the decision maker here I couldn't imagine it happening.

I'm certainly not looking down on your DLM knowledge (I watched my first DLM race in 2012). You shouldn't act like my opinion does not matter just because of that fact though, our opinions are equally valid regarding DLM racing 2016 as I expect we have both watched and followed the racing about as much as anyone possibly could. My posts are me expressing my opinion, and explaining how I got there. That is how I learned to operate on the internet, if you don't want the explanation then skip it (it's often times in parenthesis which makes that pretty easy).

Thanks,
Jeff.

Hoosier_Dirt
11-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Steve Francis switching to Rockets next season??

Josh Bayko
11-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Steve Francis switching to Rockets next season??

Word on the street is that a chassis change is happening, and no, it's not Rockets.

cutman
11-03-2016, 05:20 PM
You are the one who capitalized the IF not me. I'm just pointing out that being involved in the business you know this stuff. You are overlooking your knowledge of this because you have a bias in the opposite direction (against Mark Richards). If you are not being biased then how could you say it would be a good decision?

28 Year old driver, with lots of fans who drivers for arguably the best team in DLM racing in terms of wins.

23 Year old up and coming driver, with TONS of fans and has a few wins including one of the biggest DLM races of the season.

Vs.

60+ Year old driver, with a few loyal fans who had several solid top 5 runs this season but no wins (to my knowledge).

If you are going to spend the time and money to sponsor DLM racing to me it is only logical to get the most bang for your buck. If there are other factors at play then I totally understand the reasoning, but short of Francis being the last name of the decision maker here I couldn't imagine it happening.

I'm certainly not looking down on your DLM knowledge (I watched my first DLM race in 2012). You shouldn't act like my opinion does not matter just because of that fact though, our opinions are equally valid regarding DLM racing 2016 as I expect we have both watched and followed the racing about as much as anyone possibly could. My posts are me expressing my opinion, and explaining how I got there. That is how I learned to operate on the internet, if you don't want the explanation then skip it (it's often times in parenthesis which makes that pretty easy).

Thanks,
Jeff.

60+ year old driver? Are talking about Francis or Delmas?

Josh Bayko
11-03-2016, 05:26 PM

He must be talking about Delmas. Steve ain't even 50 yet.

Clayton_Wetter
11-03-2016, 05:39 PM

Neither I would say. Delmas won races this season. Francis is 49.

NormP
11-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Word on the street is that a chassis change is happening, and no, it's not Rockets.

There aren't many left to try without going back to some of the ones he's run before. Pierce or Longhorn I guess, unless he wants to surprise people and go with something like a Swartz.

I'm not sure it's a chassis issue with him anyway.

W2Racing09
11-03-2016, 06:59 PM
He must be talking about Delmas. Steve ain't even 50 yet.

I was talking about Francis, I meant to type 50+. Im pretty bad at judging ages I thought he was at least early 50s

W2Racing09
11-03-2016, 07:00 PM
There aren't many left to try without going back to some of the ones he's run before. Pierce or Longhorn I guess, unless he wants to surprise people and go with something like a Swartz.

I'm not sure it's a chassis issue with him anyway.

I would really like to see someone run a Swartz on a national series. I think they would make some noise.

ready2rd
11-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Far as the Valvoline Deal if my memory serves me correct a very very close friend of The Francis Family brought VALVOLINE into dirt racing and still remains a family friend now how many know who this family friend is, if its true that the Valvoline Sponsor does return to Francis i am confident that same friend helped with this deal.

onlyfacts
11-03-2016, 07:21 PM
I was talking about Francis, I meant to type 50+. Im pretty bad at judging ages I thought he was at least early 50sFrancis is 50+

cutman
11-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Francis is 50+

Turns 50 next September

zyoung25
11-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Francis is not going back to rocket anytime soon. The news will be out soon on what his plan is, I was wrong about him and Logan teaming again too, it will his team.

As far as Francis having "a few loyal fans" is very laughable. I still see Francis plenty of Francis shirts in the stands around in my area weekly, even some on the street.

cutman
11-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Francis is not going back to rocket anytime soon. The news will be out soon on what his plan is, I was wrong about him and Logan teaming again too, it will his team.

As far as Francis having "a few loyal fans" is very laughable. I still see Francis plenty of Francis shirts in the stands around in my area weekly, even some on the street.

Any word if Optima is back with Steve?

NormP
11-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Francis is 50+

You might consider a name change lol.

Barbecueboy
11-03-2016, 09:04 PM
You might consider a name change lol.

Very clever........lol worthy.

Barbecueboy
11-03-2016, 09:14 PM

Vs.

50 Year old driver, with a few loyal fans who had several solid top 5 runs this season but no wins (to my knowledge).

Thanks,
Jeff.

After that, I'm convinced we aren't even talking about the same things.......just of the opinion you should " check yourself , before you wreck yourself sometimes.

#whosjudging?

zyoung25
11-04-2016, 02:30 AM
Any word if Optima is back with Steve?

It sounds like they are.

Necrosis
11-04-2016, 05:04 AM
I was told that when Optima was with Carrier Jr, that it was a $50k/year sponsorship. Anyone know how accurate that is?

zyoung25
11-06-2016, 05:14 PM
Sounds like there could be a duck waddling around on the outlaw tour next year.

cutman
11-06-2016, 06:08 PM
I was told that when Optima was with Carrier Jr, that it was a $50k/year sponsorship. Anyone know how accurate that is?

Not sure on the $, but you must follow the Lucas tour

Nasty55
11-06-2016, 07:58 PM
if bloomquist does have surgery and doesn't heal the quick, and davenport doesn't race the series, I would think the car counts would go up. I also think the racing would be more competitive without them. both of them were always thought of as the favorite at any track. if they were gone i'd have to think of landers as one of the top in points

If Bloomquist does have the surgery on his Rotator Cuff's he shouldn't miss but about3 months total of the racing season.... 6 weeks per shoulder unless he is a whinny A$$ crybaby about it....