PDA

View Full Version : Davenport to Barry Wright

DarrellGoode
11-01-2016, 07:38 PM
With JD going back to BW, where does that leave Jimmy Owens? Doesn't he drive for Barry Wright? Will they be teammates or is Owens out? I haven't heard anything... Also with Overton going to the 116, JD was supposed to drive the car at Gateway in December. So will Overton go to St. Louis in December?

B_K
11-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Owens switched chassis months ago.

dirtdobber45
11-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Jimmy is in a rocket or was. Who knows for 2017

chasefrehley
11-02-2016, 12:55 PM
This is a hard to believe, we all watched Devin Moran drive his a$$ off ALL YEAR in his BWRC. Then doesn't even get considered for this ride. This is just really hard to see this kid not get a call. JMO

Josh Bayko
11-02-2016, 01:05 PM
This is a hard to believe, we all watched Devin Moran drive his a$$ off ALL YEAR in his BWRC. Then doesn't even get considered for this ride. This is just really hard to see this kid not get a call. JMO

I tend to think geography works against Devin in this instance. He's in Ohio, BWRC is in South Carolina. You're going to want a driver that's somewhat local. In situations like this, talent is only part of the equation.

TS FAN
11-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Is this a good move for Davenport? Seriously, I follow races but not so much teams in LM. It looks to me that everyone is about a second a lap behind Bloomie to boot. LOL

hoodpin
11-02-2016, 03:05 PM
This year everyone was behind Bloomer, but it'll come full circle and the others will catch up to him. Yeah the geographic difference is the killer for Moran for the BWRC ride. I feel Devin Moran would be a great fit for Best Motorsports ride. Both in Ohio, and Best Motorsports obviously have great equipment.

TS FAN
11-03-2016, 03:58 PM
I hope there are teams that catch up to Bloomie. He stunk up more than a few shows this year. Kind of Kid Rocket. But I thing I noticed about Josh is he often came from a few rows back and was really fast nearer the end of the races. It did provide for some good racing. I am a big fan of Devon BTW.

dirtdobber45
11-03-2016, 04:30 PM
This year everyone was behind Bloomer, but it'll come full circle and the others will catch up to him. Yeah the geographic difference is the killer for Moran for the BWRC ride. I feel Devin Moran would be a great fit for Best Motorsports ride. Both in Ohio, and Best Motorsports obviously have great equipment.That would make perfect sense

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Is this a good move for Davenport? Seriously, I follow races but not so much teams in LM. It looks to me that everyone is about a second a lap behind Bloomie to boot. LOL

I think they will do very well. Bloomer is about a 3 tenths to a half second better than the field in a lot of Lucas shows. About the same advantage Davenport had last year.

Stede Bonnet
11-05-2016, 04:41 PM
With JD going back to BW, where does that leave Jimmy Owens? Doesn't he drive for Barry Wright? Will they be teammates or is Owens out? I haven't heard anything... Also with Overton going to the 116, JD was supposed to drive the car at Gateway in December. So will Overton go to St. Louis in December?

JO became a rocketeer at the North/South, but still struggled to find any speed. I went back on Lucas Oil TV and rewatched several races before he switched and the car didn't seem to be the issue to me, he had several part failures and engine woes. Switching cars won't fix luck and engines failures... JMO

tsand
11-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Chris ferguson has a decision to make stay with the family owned team or do what's BEST for him.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Chris ferguson has a decision to make stay with the family owned team or do what's BEST for him.

I hope all works out for chris whatever he choses

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-05-2016, 06:15 PM

I thought he was was underfunded???

tsand
11-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Ever thought that the reason Devin didn't get the ride is because someone else is paying the bills. One thing I know if barrys running a house car someone beside him is footing the bill. Barry knows the first rule of racing that if you made your money by selling racecars you don't spend it back by racing them.

toyracer
11-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Who has offered Fergy a ride?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Rumor had it he was offered CBR ride but cant conferm

tsand
11-05-2016, 08:18 PM
The answer is in capital letters.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-05-2016, 08:22 PM
The answer is in capital letters.

Best or cbr

CBR is to many politics would not be a smart move.

Stede Bonnet
11-06-2016, 06:50 AM
Best or cbr

CBR is to many politics would not be a smart move.

I don't know who I'd chose if given those choices. CBR(IMHO), especially the #15 car seems to be snake bit. Add to that they change things often and in whole sale fashion. The fact that Bshepp left BEST after giving them and he his best year to date says a lot. I wonder if maybe Bshepp discovered that they had cheated his tires without his knowledge??? This would explain his sudden departure from the suit and why he left the team at seasons end. I'm only speculating, but his behavior suggests he wasn't happy with the situation and he comes across to me as an ethical upright sort of man so... I know Fergy is a born again Christian and I'm not sure either situation is one that aligns with his principles and beliefs perfectly. Of the 2 I think CBR might be the better, but that is something we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

calverton
11-06-2016, 07:03 AM
BSHEPP has always been a straight up guy just like his daddy but not near the temper

kidrock
11-06-2016, 08:47 AM
In my opinion BShepp left best motor sports and the law suit so, he could race more races around central Illinois and we all know central Illinois is UMP land. Like I said just my opinion.

dirtdobber45
11-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Will Bshepp run a series or pick and choose

thexfactor0210
11-06-2016, 09:20 AM
I think B Shepp said he is running Lucas next year again

kidrock
11-06-2016, 09:55 AM
I think B Shepp said he is running Lucas next year again

I believe you are correct but, I think he will run more races around central Illinois when he is not running the lucas races and will he run the whole year if he is not in the top 5 or 10 in points

Nasty55
11-06-2016, 10:06 AM
I believe you are correct but, I think he will run more races around central Illinois when he is not running the lucas races and will he run the whole year if he is not in the top 5 or 10 in points

Kid My guess is he will be Running the whole yr with the Lucas guy's and will be in the top 6... Brandon is better at his age i think than what his dad was at that age... and his dad was D@mn good as well... I still remember when steve jumped up on the Hood of Erb's Car lol

kidrock
11-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Kid My guess is he will be Running the whole yr with the Lucas guy's and will be in the top 6... Brandon is better at his age i think than what his dad was at that age... and his dad was D@mn good as well... I still remember when steve jumped up on the Hood of Erb's Car lol

I think your right if stays in the top 5 or 10 he stays with the tour but, if not I think he will drop of the tour. like I said JMO.

zyoung25
11-06-2016, 11:06 AM
The drivers at Boywer will be the same as last year. I hadn't heard anything about Ferguson and Brock deal though. With him working a full time job, I can't see him leaving everything behind to join a team based in northern Ohio, stranger things have happened though.

Bubstr
11-06-2016, 12:27 PM

I agree. There are a lot of Tue. threw Sunday 5k & 10k races to pad what he makes with the tour, not that it's easy money. I really don't think, they thought out that law suit before they jumped in.

cutman
11-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Who gets the Best ride will be interesting. Will they follow a tour or go regional racing?

kidrock
11-06-2016, 01:12 PM
I agree. There are a lot of Tue. threw Sunday 5k & 10k races to pad what he makes with the tour, not that it's easy money. I really don't think, they thought out that law suit before they jumped in.

I believe he knew he was leaving Best Motorsports when he dropped out of the law suit. That's why I think he will run more races around this area and in this area its UMP land.

Snake X3
11-07-2016, 09:14 PM
The drivers at Boywer will be the same as last year. I hadn't heard anything about Ferguson and Brock deal though. With him working a full time job, I can't see him leaving everything behind to join a team based in northern Ohio, stranger things have happened though.

I would think the Rumley ride would be perfect for him if they are going racing at all. He's in the area. He can't really tour, so they do the standard Fergy schedule of regional and big shows. It sounds like what the Rumleys wanted to do.

toyracer
11-08-2016, 10:42 AM
I am hearing Fergy is a possibile candidate to replace BShepp. Not CBR.

Anybody know when decision is coming?