PDA

View Full Version : North Georgia Questions

badacefaist19
11-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Questions: Is NGS still having the Turkey Rumble on November 12? Are they going to practice on it the night before? Will they rework the track completely after practice is over? Is 81 allowed to race?

If the answers are: yes, no, yes, yes, I will be there with a sh1t eating grin on my face. If the answers are yes, yes, yes, yes, I will be there with a smile on my face. If the answers are yes, yes, no, yes, then nothing is changed and I will be there watching the polesitter win every race with sigh. If the answers are yes, yes/no, yes/no, no, then that is ridiculous. If the answer starts with no, then nobody is going and it sucks.

RayCook53fan
11-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Per their Facebook post this morning, the Turkey Rumble has been cancelled due to Senoia Scheduling on top of them a $10k to win show. So I assume there will be no grins from you! lol

dirty bert
11-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Why would the 81 not race

B_K
11-02-2016, 03:42 PM
No,no,no,yes

You knew that wouldn't last long. If a man is practically begging for cars, puffing out your chest for no good reason is detrimental.

MI Dirt Fan
11-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Per their Facebook post this morning, the Turkey Rumble has been cancelled due to Senoia Scheduling on top of them a $10k to win show. So I assume there will be no grins from you! lol

Well that's naughty of them

badacefaist19
11-03-2016, 09:26 AM
Another year of disappointment at NGS. I mean, I always spend my dollar down there to do my part of supporting my local track. At some point we have got to get the ball rolling on getting some good races rolling through there like there used to be. Granted, the national series running 100 race schedule all over the world every weekend is killing the local tracks for bigger races, because NOBODY shows up. But you got to work with some other tracks and get the stuff fixed. Work with Smoky Mtn. Work with Dixe. Work With Rome. Work with Blueridge. Plan some big races that go back to back nights or something. I mean plan races when the national tours are close. Get the Ray Cook 40 race schedule to include you in the thing. Come up with some extravagant race like the places in Mississippi and up north do, you know throw some money around, there is plenty of money in our county, start asking different people for it, not just the auto parts stores. Pay more than $3,000 for a "big race". It ain't worth it to these regional guys to show up for a $3,000 to win show if they know they have to qualify on the pole to win.

Prep the track to either be extremely fast (cushion, wide open) or extremely slow (like 15 second laps) the in between sucks, and cars cannot pass very good. Everybody hugs the bottom and follows each other.

I'm just extremely frustrated with the place, because I know how dang good it can be. I am not bashing anyone or anything, I am just putting my two cents out there from a fan with no money perspective. Just thoughts really. Nobody else is saying anything, so I will.

B_K
11-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Lots of issues to overcome at NGS. It's fallen off of most people's radar, because you never know when they're actually going to race. Some think promotion is having a facebook page and hanging a sign. I'm not saying that's exclusive to NGS, but in general. It would be a long, slow, expensive recovery. I don't see anyone willing or able to get the job done right now.

Hope I'm wrong. Still love the place.

garacefan11
11-03-2016, 09:56 AM
In Senoia's defense they probably had no idea that Notth Ga was racing.. like B K said promotion isn't a Facebook page. Would it take dollars? Yes, but mostly it would take a lot of effort and want to. It's really hard for me to believe that the staff wants North Ga to succeed. It looks to me like they just want to have a race every now and then just to say they did it.

It would be great if somebody that wanted the track to do well took it over. I know I'm being hard on the promotion and I know there are a million excuses, as there are with everything in life, but answer me this: how many races have taken place since July 1 2016? The ship has sailed.. they quit that place a long time ago.

Now I'm ready for a "Well get your check book out big boy" response..

dee81fan
11-03-2016, 11:30 AM
This place is the best racetrack in our state. It has been the pinnacle of racing in our state and still has that pontential and fan base. All of you guys are right about what this place needs to improve. I miss being able to get see the best track with best racers every Saturday night. I hope it gets better and would love to see the throttle stomping wide open 3/8 mile be back on top.. I hope someone soon puts this track back on top.

Hoosier
11-04-2016, 04:36 PM
"This place is the best racetrack in our state. It has been the pinnacle of racing in our state and still has that potential and fan base."

I think you exaggerate.

To improve, they must get a new ticket selling procedure. I suggest about six people walking the line, accepting exact change only. Only those needing change stop at the left side of the booth. Others show a ticket and sail in in the right lane.

nuff said
11-04-2016, 04:50 PM
If N. Ga is the best track in the state I would hate to see the worst one.Lots of potential,track is fun to race on but management has been questionable for a looong time.Some have their hearts in the right place and have tried hard but it never seems to come together.
As stated above,it's off most peoples radar and it will need a magic wand to get back to being a profitable venture and that's the bottom line.

dee81fan
11-04-2016, 07:13 PM
It can be the best track in Georgia. It may not be now and it very well may never be again. NGS was for sure the best track for a long time..

nuff said
11-04-2016, 08:33 PM
We all have opinions.I hope they get things turned around and someone makes a go of the place,way too many tracks closing for good.I just never could get to like the place for various reasons I won't get into.NGS does have some dedicated fans.

flagone
11-04-2016, 08:47 PM
We will open the 2017 campaign there March 4th. And we will also have a 2nd date TBA soon.

nuff said
11-04-2016, 08:50 PM
That's good news

B_K
11-05-2016, 06:12 AM
There's some(one) in this thread that believe what makes a good race track is, not one spec of dust, a full salad bar at the concession stand, air conditioned bathrooms and done by 8:30. That's only good enough if they get in free as well as they think copy and pasting of others articles makes them media. They've been more than a joke for a while.

What is now the best track in GA imo was fairly recently terrible. Things go in cycles. When the racing surface is good at NGS it can hold its on with any. All the other stuff is fringe.

And no Nuff Said, I'm not talking about you above.

GRT24
11-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Until the Youngs decide to sell instead of lease it no one will put the money in it that it needs. It's like totally remodeling a house you rent. It just won't happen.

badacefaist19
11-08-2016, 07:31 AM
I somewhat agree with that. There's got to be money sunk into it and big races to draw the fans. Prolly will take a magic wand. Might need to be sold to a big timer. Who knows. I do know that it is wicked fast when the track is right, and its awesome to see. Glad to hear the news about the race on March 4.

weatherman85
11-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Only been to N. Ga a couple of times for some Ultimate shows and visually the supers look like they're going faster there than any track I've ever been to. This is IMO of course. Looked like they never did let up.