PDA

View Full Version : Casebolt

goincircles
11-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Steve is selling both new 2016 chassis but no motors anyone know plans for him?

dirtfan
11-02-2016, 02:49 PM
seen on twitter just selling old stuff and buying new

cutman
11-02-2016, 03:01 PM
All new Rockets going to be filling the shop

zyoung25
11-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Those cars are only good for one year, then it's time to buy new again. #keepinthecostdown

Drop Shock
11-02-2016, 07:06 PM
All cars are like that now. If someone is winning big races in a car thats more than two years old, or has over 45 races on it then they really have their stuff together. EPJ's guy told me at Tyler County that they were running their 3rd new car of the year. Every time O'neal or Lanigan run good they talk about having a new car as well. I guess its the type of tubing most are using, but everyone in the pits will tell you there is nothing like having a fresh car.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Dont the xr1 rockets have different type metal they use so they last longer?

aflack83
11-02-2016, 07:24 PM
I'd like to have the funds some of these guys have lol

Bigracer93
11-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Yeah the new LH, Rockets, and Pierce and built out of a different type of tubing

Pitboard
11-02-2016, 07:56 PM
SIDEWAYS, actually as I understand it, it's the opposite. The XR1 are built out of a new tubing that flexes and does NOT last as long. From what I've heard, they are fast as heck out of the box, but they wear out in a hurry.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-02-2016, 08:01 PM
SIDEWAYS, actually as I understand it, it's the opposite. The XR1 are built out of a new tubing that flexes and does NOT last as long. From what I've heard, they are fast as heck out of the box, but they wear out in a hurry.

Oh ok i heard the other way around but i know nothing about them and was just wondering

zyoung25
11-02-2016, 08:03 PM
All cars are like that now. If someone is winning big races in a car thats more than two years old, or has over 45 races on it then they really have their stuff together. EPJ's guy told me at Tyler County that they were running their 3rd new car of the year. Every time O'neal or Lanigan run good they talk about having a new car as well. I guess its the type of tubing most are using, but everyone in the pits will tell you there is nothing like having a fresh car.

Lanigans newest car is made of the same tubing that the xr1 is made of, i think it's the only one of its kind. As far as I know, only one longhorn is built out of that same stuff, and it just won at Charlotte over the weekend. Pearson had one car that got bent earlier this year, and from the news I got a couple weeks ago. Since they got that car back, it gets better everytime it hits the track. They also got a new black diamond at the beginning of the year. They only had 2 longhorn cars.

I believe that tubing is called Docol, it's made overseas.

cutman
11-02-2016, 08:36 PM
I believe there will be a docol car from a small time builder hitting the track in my area next year

dirtdobber45
11-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Lanigans newest car is made of the same tubing that the xr1 is made of, i think it's the only one of its kind. As far as I know, only one longhorn is built out of that same stuff, and it just won at Charlotte over the weekend. Pearson had one car that got bent earlier this year, and from the news I got a couple weeks ago. Since they got that car back, it gets better everytime it hits the track. They also got a new black diamond at the beginning of the year. They only had 2 longhorn cars.I believe that tubing is called Docol, it's made overseas.I think its made in Sweden.

RoundNrOUND
11-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Like him or hate him but Bloomquist cars don't wear out unless they get wrecked. The most repeatable chassis from car to car ever made.

Head bolt
11-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Revelution race cars are being built out of docol tubing, since back in the spring..

Senroc-Systems
11-02-2016, 11:35 PM

We're getting into a very complicated area here. The flexibility in chassis are more in the triangulation of the overall construction than in the material it's made from. With that said.we'll need some guys like bubstr or MasterSbilt racer to explain the pro's and con's of the material differences.

Now, today's DLM chassis is stiffer than ever because of the evolution if the springs and shocks. A chassis that flexes is almost impossible to calculate. The builders want to eliminate as many variables as possible. IE: make the cars stiff and control the movement with the springs, shocks and bump stops. Then we have to factor in static vs dynamic numbers

Like I said, it's gonna get complicated from here forward.....

Krooser
11-03-2016, 01:22 AM
We always built our cars to be stiff so we could spring the cars to be softer and to try to gain grip on the track. Recently I read an article, just a few years old, that quoted current builders saying they want to build a car with torsion designed into it and leave the rigidity to the pavement guys.

The last several years has seen R8 Docol move from Cup racing into short track chassis. Arguably stronger than DOM it's also somewhat more expensive.

The Rocket chassis I have seen seem to be built like a ModelT... those were called flexible flyers... not much triangulation. Other cars, I think the XR1 is one, have much more triangulation built into the car to give it more strength. More flex means the car will not be repeatable year after year hence the guys who can afford it buy a new chassis every year or maybe even sooner.

I guess I'm too old school to be able to comprehend having to do that...

https://www.ssab.com/GlobalData/News-Center/2016/01/18/08/06/Racing-into-the-future-with-Docol-Tubing

bleedblue55
11-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Lanigans newest car is made of the same tubing that the xr1 is made of, i think it's the only one of its kind. As far as I know, only one longhorn is built out of that same stuff, and it just won at Charlotte over the weekend. Pearson had one car that got bent earlier this year, and from the news I got a couple weeks ago. Since they got that car back, it gets better everytime it hits the track. They also got a new black diamond at the beginning of the year. They only had 2 longhorn cars.

I believe that tubing is called Docol, it's made overseas.
Lanigan, Oneil, and Bagley all had the brand new, latest and greatest chassis from Stuckey at Charlotte. I'd be willing to guess if Madden had the newest piece from Longhorn that the factory backed effort driven by McCreadie did too.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2016, 08:26 AM
How much docol is going into these cars varies wildly. In some cases, only a few tubes. As was pointed out above, the tubing type has little to do with how much the car flexes. It is the geometry. Meaning triangulation and how thick the actual tube is.

A lot of cars are being built stiffer in the front with the rear clip being used as the torsion absorption part of the chassis.

The idea of the docol is that it has a higher yield than mild steel, just as moly does. But, the process to make it is supposed to yield a more consistent end product. If you buy tubing all the time, you will see that the cheaper stuff varies a lot from batch to batch.

bob62
11-03-2016, 08:46 AM
Seems like their just going back 10-11years when the chassis wasn't built like a F1 car. How much faster would the latest rocket chassis be compared to a brand new black front 2005 rocket (a favorite in the day) with all the latest runing gear e.g. shocks,suspension parts, engines etc

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Seems like their just going back 10-11years when the chassis wasn't built like a F1 car. How much faster would the latest rocket chassis be compared to a brand new black front 2005 rocket (a favorite in the day) with all the latest runing gear e.g. shocks,suspension parts, engines etc

That black Rocket can't carry any speed thru the corners like the new cars. Front geometry not as good and ground clearance a huge issue.

GRT62
11-03-2016, 05:27 PM
SIDEWAYS, actually as I understand it, it's the opposite. The XR1 are built out of a new tubing that flexes and does NOT last as long. From what I've heard, they are fast as heck out of the box, but they wear out in a hurry.Josh Richards actually said on David Stremmes podcast that the car they ran at Charlotte had over 5000 laps on it.

dirtdobber45
11-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Josh Richards actually said on David Stremmes podcast that the car they ran at Charlotte had over 5000 laps on it.So he ran one car all year basically?

calverton
11-03-2016, 07:44 PM
he didn't say that

bleedblue55
11-03-2016, 08:50 PM
he didn't say that
Yes he did. When Stremme asked him about his car he said it had something like 5000 laps on it.
https://twitter.com/MRNRadio/status/793551694663745536 Go to the 21 minute mark and hear for yourself.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Dam that pretty dam good

GRT62
11-03-2016, 09:05 PM
So he ran one car all year basically?Yea I guess Rumley only built them one longhorn lmao

Tireguy17
11-04-2016, 06:16 AM
Yes he did. When Stremme asked him about his car he said it had something like 5000 laps on it.
https://twitter.com/MRNRadio/status/793551694663745536 Go to the 21 minute mark and hear for yourself.

Josh has 68 nights on his schedule this year, some being multi-day shows. 5000 laps is a 70 lap/night average. Meaning he would have had to run 1 car all season to put 5000 laps on it. #notbuyingit

calverton
11-04-2016, 06:44 AM
thats why he has 2 cars in the trailer yep not buying it either yep he sure said but we know how racers are

parocket
11-04-2016, 07:04 AM
Don't forget testing laps boys, these guys get an easy 200 in on a given evening after a weekly show.

calverton
11-04-2016, 07:43 AM
Very very true

powerslide
11-04-2016, 10:05 AM
Josh has 68 nights on his schedule this year, some being multi-day shows. 5000 laps is a 70 lap/night average. Meaning he would have had to run 1 car all season to put 5000 laps on it. #notbuyingit

He put the new XR1 cars together at the very end of last year. Maybe its the same car.

CIRF
11-04-2016, 10:22 AM
As someone who has been detatched from the day to day operations of a dirt late model team for going on 20 years now I'm obviously out of touch and know nothing of the modern geometry and nuances of the present day dirt late model chassis.

Back when I was involved with a DLM no one was talking about triangulation as referenced to a DLM racecar. Someone help me out with an explanation in layman's terms that a complete outsider like myself can comprehend and understand.

Thanks.

powerslide
11-04-2016, 10:47 AM
-------
\ |
\ |
\ |
\ |
\ |
\|
How many of those are built into the chassis. It's no trick terminology, means exactly what is said, more triangles make it stiffer. I will try to post some pics if I can find any.

powerslide
11-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Well that didn't work at all....

powerslide
11-04-2016, 11:02 AM
http://www.racingjunk.com/Late-Models/182733904/2015-Rocket-.html#2
This is the old style. See how most areas are square, not much triangulation.

dirtdobber45
11-04-2016, 11:19 AM
thats why he has 2 cars in the trailer yep not buying it either yep he sure said but we know how racers are
Don't forget testing laps boys, these guys get an easy 200 in on a given evening after a weekly show.Yeah Im with yall on this..one car...just dont see that happening

CIRF
11-04-2016, 12:27 PM
http://www.racingjunk.com/Late-Models/182733904/2015-Rocket-.html#2
This is the old style. See how most areas are square, not much triangulation.

Thanks ps. I feel a bit dumb right now!! LOL!

I was thinking the meaning of the term triangulation as having a completely different connotation, but had I given it a bit of thought I'd have figured it out.

nuff said
11-04-2016, 01:28 PM
There was a picture of the 1 car's shop circulating on here at the beginning of the year with like 7 cars complete or virtually complete.I'm sure he only used 1 of them.lol

pap
11-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Don't forget, they do a lot of testing.... Thinking back to Febuary, I think they were down there in Florida for 2 weeks testing the house car. He even drove someone else's crate car at Bubba's while he was there. So maybe 5K laps isn't so unreasonable........just saying

chupp n bloomer fan
11-04-2016, 07:48 PM
So a person who could give a sh!t less what you believe tells you the car has about five thousand laps on it and you all call BS. No reason to lie, they are selling like hot cakes. And it doesn't matter if you have 50 cars at your disposal. If you find one you just like the most, and are comfortable with it, you run it till it is no longer worth a sh!t.

But then again, I'm sure Josh as no idea wtf he is talking about.

Senroc-Systems
11-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Well said C&Bfan! I talked to Josh for about 15 minutes at Merritt (last weekend in August) early in the afternoon. He said then they had 49 races on that car....and here's what's gonna kill the haters....they have not made a bar change since Golden Isle! Spring, shock, bump stops, j bar, and Fifth coil only! It's pretty obvious it's working pretty good, and C&Bfan is right.....they're gonna ride that horse till it drops!

Finnfan
11-04-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm not much of a mechanic and I somewhat understand the dynamics of how triangular geometry helps stiffen a DLM chassis, but can I just say how GREAT it is to finally have a 3 page thread with an interesting discussion/debate about CARS AND RACING without all the BS that 4 or 5 posters dissolve every thread into!!!!!

Threads like these are what the 4m forum should be and what make it interesting. Can I get an Amen?

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-04-2016, 08:09 PM
So a person who could give a sh!t less what you believe tells you the car has about five thousand laps on it and you all call BS. No reason to lie, they are selling like hot cakes. And it doesn't matter if you have 50 cars at your disposal. If you find one you just like the most, and are comfortable with it, you run it till it is no longer worth a sh!t.

But then again, I'm sure Josh as no idea wtf he is talking about.

There are more liars in racing than any other activity I have ever been a part of. Not saying that is the case here. But if something in racing doesn't seem right, it usually isn't.

calverton
11-04-2016, 08:14 PM
More than fishermans tell me its not so

dirtdobber45
11-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Maybe with this new type of tubing you can do that (run that many laps). If it is true teams could budget their money a whole lot better

zyoung25
11-04-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm not much of a mechanic and I somewhat understand the dynamics of how triangular geometry helps stiffen a DLM chassis, but can I just say how GREAT it is to finally have a 3 page thread with an interesting discussion/debate about CARS AND RACING without all the BS that 4 or 5 posters dissolve every thread into!!!!!

Threads like these are what the 4m forum should be and what make it interesting. Can I get an Amen?

I agree. No name calling or talking about anything that isn't about racing.

Senroc-Systems
11-04-2016, 08:23 PM

Amen Brother! But you know it can't last......one of the morons has already arrived!

The other's will be along shortly! Lol......

Senroc-Systems
11-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Maybe with this new type of tubing you can do that (run that many laps). If it is true teams could budget their money a whole lot better

When these new cars retail for $42,000 for a roller, just about everybody has to make them last.

powerslide
11-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Same video bloomquist says he's got a car 3 years old. Why believe one but not the other? Once you figure a car out drive it til it's not winning or trashed. jmo

cutman
11-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Isn't Dustin Linville's car pretty old? I believe he has sold 2 newer ones and has that old one running pretty good.

zyoung25
11-04-2016, 10:49 PM
I think Linville has a 2011 car. He sold the 14 swartz and the new pierce he had earlier this year.

The old green car that Feger ran is a 2011 pierce car. He had more success in it than anything he's had in the last year or so. Tim Lance has been driving it some this year.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-05-2016, 03:42 AM
There are more liars in racing than any other activity I have ever been a part of. Not saying that is the case here. But if something in racing doesn't seem right, it usually isn't.Of course there are, but in this case it does him no good to lie. He doesn't give a sh!t wether anyone believes she is not a virgin, and instead is Jenna Jameson. Basically telling you she fits like a glove, well not OJ's glove.;)

chupp n bloomer fan
11-05-2016, 03:42 AM
Well said C&Bfan! I talked to Josh for about 15 minutes at Merritt (last weekend in August) early in the afternoon. He said then they had 49 races on that car....and here's what's gonna kill the haters....they have not made a bar change since Golden Isle! Spring, shock, bump stops, j bar, and Fifth coil only! It's pretty obvious it's working pretty good, and C&Bfan is right.....they're gonna ride that horse till it drops!Thank you and exactly my point.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-06-2016, 07:48 AM
Of course there are, but in this case it does him no good to lie. He doesn't give a sh!t wether anyone believes she is not a virgin, and instead is Jenna Jameson. Basically telling you she fits like a glove, well not OJ's glove.;)

No. Actually, that would be a very solid sales pitch.

onlyfacts
11-06-2016, 08:28 AM
They could be like one of the other chassis builders and every other week say "We got a new piece" to sell cars. Making customers think they need the new favor of the month. I talk to Josh and all of his crew at the track and I don't see any reason for them to lie about that. One of the WOO regulars that runs a different chassis told me he has watched Josh and crew all year and they hardly make any changes. If they were trying to lie to sell more cars wouldn't they say they got something new every week.

calverton
11-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Thanks ps. I feel a bit dumb right now!! LOL!I was thinking the meaning of the term triangulation as having a completely different connotation, but had I given it a bit of thought I'd have figured it out.imagine that

calverton
11-06-2016, 11:31 AM
They could be like one of the other chassis builders and every other week say "We got a new piece" to sell cars. Making customers think they need the new favor of the month. I talk to Josh and all of his crew at the track and I don't see any reason for them to lie about that. One of the WOO regulars that runs a different chassis told me he has watched Josh and crew all year and they hardly make any changes. If they were trying to lie to sell more cars wouldn't they say they got something new every week.the UMP mod champion is the same way no changes to the car only changes to the driving style

cutman
11-06-2016, 12:18 PM
They could be like one of the other chassis builders and every other week say "We got a new piece" to sell cars. Making customers think they need the new favor of the month. I talk to Josh and all of his crew at the track and I don't see any reason for them to lie about that. One of the WOO regulars that runs a different chassis told me he has watched Josh and crew all year and they hardly make any changes. If they were trying to lie to sell more cars wouldn't they say they got something new every week.

Seems like Lanigan uses the "got a new piece" term quite often

chupp n bloomer fan
11-07-2016, 03:41 PM
No. Actually, that would be a very solid sales pitch.Man, you got a hard on for Rocket, so be it, I just don't see him fibbing about it. Word would get out pretty quick if they are one in done junk.

Josh Bayko
11-07-2016, 06:28 PM
A touring regular 's idea of a used up car is a lot different than the average weekly racer's idea of a used up car. Casebolt's "used up" stuff will be a much needed upgrade for some weekly super or crate racer.

dalemcfan
11-08-2016, 06:54 AM
This is probably the most replies ever to a thread that started out about Steve Casebolt. LOL.

Krooser
11-11-2016, 02:18 AM
I'm Steve Casebolt and i approve this message..

http://www.buildyourownracecar.com/race-car-chassis-basics-and-design/