PDA

View Full Version : rumley LR

thinkstomuch
11-04-2016, 07:05 AM
Read the DOD article and it reminds of the suspension deal on the LR in 2015. Does anyone actually know what they were doing, I mean they never really announced it? Then at the end of 15' it sounded like they could build the same thing even with the new lucas rules but it would cost more. Did they? if so what happened, did others get it too or find another way to the same deal.

calverton
11-04-2016, 07:08 AM
listen to bshepp from the DTWC on DOD

pa_dirt
11-04-2016, 08:03 AM
I'm not a subscriber to dirtondirt but I'm am curious what bshep had to say.. and while we are in the rumley subject I'm also curious what there plans are going to be in 2017 ( I can't read that article either)

Thanks

Josh Bayko
11-04-2016, 09:00 AM
I'm not a subscriber to dirtondirt but I'm am curious what bshep had to say.. and while we are in the rumley subject I'm also curious what there plans are going to be in 2017 ( I can't read that article either)

Thanks

For the 2017 plans, they are gonna step back some and run shows they want to. I'd imagine a schedule like they ran with Steve Shaver is pretty likely.

BTExpress
11-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Any rumors of who they will select as a driver for 2017?????

Mantis
11-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Drivers.

They mention the possibility of working with multiple drivers.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Pop rumley is retiring from racing. Kevin is going to work for someone. Jd is teamed up w bwrc for 2017. Prolly only a select few local races for the #6 if they run any.

Tireguy17
11-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Pop rumley is retiring from racing. Kevin is going to work for someone. Jd is teamed up w bwrc for 2017. Prolly only a select few local races for the #6 if they run any.

From the DoD article it doesn't sound like Leroy is ready to retire....Just slow down.

dirtdobber45
11-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Pop rumley is retiring from racing. Kevin is going to work for someone. Jd is teamed up w bwrc for 2017. Prolly only a select few local races for the #6 if they run any.Do you know who is Kevin going to work for?

justtktk
11-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Rocket!!! The R in XR is for Rumley! Put your XR-1 on a Longhorn jig.. Identical!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Do you know who is Kevin going to work for?

No i do not. I was told that pop was ready to retire and the equiptment is his and that kevin was going to work for somebody but they didnt specify and i dnt ask.

Now if they run a few races in 2017 idk.

a25rjr
11-04-2016, 11:52 AM
No i do not. I was told that pop was ready to retire and the equiptment is his and that kevin was going to work for somebody but they didnt specify and i dnt ask.

Now if they run a few races in 2017 idk.

I thought you were Public Relations Director for Team Rumley/Davenport..??? :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-04-2016, 11:54 AM
I thought you were Public Relations Director for Team Rumley/Davenport..??? :)

No you thought wrong. See what happens when you think!
I only know bits and pieces here and there.

Why arent you hunting?

thinkstomuch
11-04-2016, 12:15 PM
calverton "listen to bshepp from the DTWC on DOD" --- All I heard was tires and XR1 unless I'm def and can't hear between the lines

dirty-white-boy
11-04-2016, 12:38 PM
You would have thought Bloomer drove for them by the comment "when you have the best driver in the country". Rumley found something using his brain that worked and DOMINATED with it. Now they are back to a level playing field and not on top every night they would rather quit and move on. Suck it up Sally! JD is a great wheelman BUT hes not a consistent one. Just watch Bloomer's car and his at the same time and you will see what i mean. But yea im sure its the car and not the driver! lol

modman1010
11-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Look what a bloomer car did for landers lol can't say the cars aren't superior to others

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Read the DOD article and it reminds of the suspension deal on the LR in 2015. Does anyone actually know what they were doing, I mean they never really announced it? Then at the end of 15' it sounded like they could build the same thing even with the new lucas rules but it would cost more. Did they? if so what happened, did others get it too or find another way to the same deal.

They were bluffing. Lucas blindly applied enough random rules to stop them.

bleedblue55
11-04-2016, 12:47 PM
Rocket!!! The R in XR is for Rumley! Put your XR-1 on a Longhorn jig.. Identical!

If they're identical I would think that the Longhorns would have run better this year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-04-2016, 01:14 PM
If they're identical I would think that the Longhorns would have run better this year.

They did run well. Tuning is worth a lot more than the collection of welded tubes though. Richards car is tuned much better than the typical xr1.

Josh Bayko
11-04-2016, 02:19 PM
They did run well. Tuning is worth a lot more than the collection of welded tubes though. Richards car is tuned much better than the typical xr1.

Proper tuning is the key to making any chassis work well. The guys that are relentless about doing their homework until they get the car they want it will always be faster than the guys that just follow whatever setup book they get when they purchase a car.

davis2902
11-04-2016, 02:42 PM

The device allowed the LR to hike almost unlimited without adding roll steer.

Necrosis
11-04-2016, 02:53 PM
The front link was to control axle wrap under throttle, and when the rear went into rear steer under power, it'd control it until the body settled, and allow the rear steer to return to neutral after body roll. It was tuned with a biscuit or rear tie-down shock settings.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-04-2016, 04:41 PM
They were bluffing. Lucas blindly applied enough random rules to stop them.Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes. That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.

I am curious if there's anything to outlaw off of the 0 as glaringly obvious as what Rumley had.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Proper tuning is the key to making any chassis work well. The guys that are relentless about doing their homework until they get the car they want it will always be faster than the guys that just follow whatever setup book they get when they purchase a car.It's a Rocket Chassis though. Not a Longhorn, so the same rules don't apply.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes. That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.

I am curious if there's anything to outlaw off of the 0 as glaringly obvious as what Rumley had.

I was not in the downplay camp. My point was that I doubt Lucas ever completely understood it, despite teching the car.

I don't think anything under the zero is obvious. I think he has tuned to another level.

Josh Bayko
11-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes. That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.

Scott was running that droop limiter that looked like a shock. That'll probably get 86'd.

calverton
11-04-2016, 06:44 PM
calverton "listen to bshepp from the dtwc on dod" --- all i heard was tires and xr1 unless i'm def and can't hear between the lineslisten again and this time without a beer lol

dirtdobber45
11-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes. That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.I am curious if there's anything to outlaw off of the 0 as glaringly obvious as what Rumley had.They are...he can only use his big toe on the gas pedal not his whole foot...lol

chupp n bloomer fan
11-04-2016, 07:34 PM
I was not in the downplay camp. My point was that I doubt Lucas ever completely understood it, despite teching the car.

I don't think anything under the zero is obvious. I think he has tuned to another level.Copy. I think very few others other than Rumley himself completely get it.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Scott was running that droop limiter that looked like a shock. That'll probably get 86'd.Agreed. But I thought most of them were running that thing too. Could be wrong, but I thought it was pretty popular.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Agreed. But I thought most of them were running that thing too. Could be wrong, but I thought it was pretty popular.

Some did have it on towards end of season. Some kinda ran better but still didnt put the other chassis adjustments w it to get best performance out of it. If i remember right.

I miss read that post my bad

Josh Bayko
11-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Agreed. But I thought most of them were running that thing too. Could be wrong, but I thought it was pretty popular.

It's a Penske item, so I'm guessing just Penske guys were running them. Other cars are using a spring rod as the droop limiter. That'll probably get the heave ho too.

powerslide
11-04-2016, 08:49 PM
That bloomquist rig sure runs through the small rough patches well. Everybody else is all bound up on the bars jumping up and down and his deal looks like it's on air ride

WisWildManFan
11-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes. That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.I am curious if there's anything to outlaw off of the 0 as glaringly obvious as what Rumley had.Drug testing... Lol For all of you JD had his 15 mins of fame and bloomer responded. 30 straight years of running against the best competition the sport has to offer and rising to the challenge every time. Black sunshine baby

a25rjr
11-05-2016, 09:00 AM
[QUOTE=chupp n bloomer fan;

I am curious if there's anything to outlaw off of the 0 as glaringly obvious as what Rumley had.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the nut behind the wheel! Theyre going to make him wear an eye patch and tie 1 hand behind his back!

Lucas wants to give everybody else a "fair" chance!

Stede Bonnet
11-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes.
Are you insinuating that JD would've continued to dominate if he had kept the device? If so there is no way to prove that and he still had multiple wins and finished second in points. The first part of their year was plagued with part failures, engine failures and bad luck. Anyone with half a brain could see that last year everything went JD's way, with or without the device. He took lots of chances, bounced off the wall and got away with a lot that most with any experience will tell you can not last forever. Last year was a perfect year for JD, this year he didn't catch the breaks like he did in 2015. Did the device aide in his performance? Sure. Was it why he won so much last year and then seemingly faltered this year? I don't think so. JD has immense talent, but he's always taken a lot of risk and made bold moves, which sometimes don't pan out. 2015 the stars just aligned, 2016 they weren't as kind, its that simple. He had something to prove after CBR and he was just in the zone, plain and simple.

That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.
Lucas/WoO felt the way you do, that the gadget was the secret to his success and so they put the KY-BOSH on it or anything like it and a few things that had nothing to do with it, like some of the basic components for a Rayburn swing arm setup. I don't think it was a huge difference, but it gave them the opportunity to exert some authority and change the DLM racing landscape for the foreseeable future. They think they are helping contain costs, but they don't know their history and are only making things even more expensive and probably running off a few more teams over time. Nobody stayed away because Davenport was winning, that's just absurd.

a25rjr
11-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Why arent you hunting?

Next weekend.....My youngest daughter had district volleyball championship playoff, which they won! Two years in a row!

This kid crap is interfering with deadly contact of my shotgun and Mr. Whitetail! lol

chupp n bloomer fan
11-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Are you insinuating that JD would've continued to dominate if he had kept the device? If so there is no way to prove that and he still had multiple wins and finished second in points. The first part of their year was plagued with part failures, engine failures and bad luck. Anyone with half a brain could see that last year everything went JD's way, with or without the device. He took lots of chances, bounced off the wall and got away with a lot that most with any experience will tell you can not last forever. Last year was a perfect year for JD, this year he didn't catch the breaks like he did in 2015. Did the device aide in his performance? Sure. Was it why he won so much last year and then seemingly faltered this year? I don't think so. JD has immense talent, but he's always taken a lot of risk and made bold moves, which sometimes don't pan out. 2015 the stars just aligned, 2016 they weren't as kind, its that simple. He had something to prove after CBR and he was just in the zone, plain and simple.

Lucas/WoO felt the way you do, that the gadget was the secret to his success and so they put the KY-BOSH on it or anything like it and a few things that had nothing to do with it, like some of the basic components for a Rayburn swing arm setup. I don't think it was a huge difference, but it gave them the opportunity to exert some authority and change the DLM racing landscape for the foreseeable future. They think they are helping contain costs, but they don't know their history and are only making things even more expensive and probably running off a few more teams over time. Nobody stayed away because Davenport was winning, that's just absurd.I'm not insinuating, I'm saying you're dam right if him and Rumley weren't painted into a box that yes they woulda continued kickin serious a$$. You think Kevin and JD woulda stopped there. He!! no, if they didn't put the brakes on them, they'd have improved that stuff and more. Kevin is very smart and JD is good and determined. Half a brain eh, well anyone with an intact brain could see his car was entirely better than anyone else's and was so much more forgiving in part because of the homework they had done. It's an opinion based board and that's my opinion. I don't care who agrees or doesn't, just how I see it. I don't dislike JD, but I base my opinions off of facts. Bloomer was the only one slightly in his zip code last year, mainly because JD would overdrive, not because Bloomer was faster. They took stuff away, and Bloomer and Josh and Bobby caught up. Next year, if TMac stays with who he is, TMac will be there.

kidrock
11-05-2016, 10:11 PM
I'm not insinuating, I'm saying you're dam right if him and Rumley weren't painted into a box that yes they woulda continued kickin serious a$$. You think Kevin and JD woulda stopped there. He!! no, if they didn't put the brakes on them, they'd have improved that stuff and more. Kevin is very smart and JD is good and determined. Half a brain eh, well anyone with an intact brain could see his car was entirely better than anyone else's and was so much more forgiving in part because of the homework they had done. It's an opinion based board and that's my opinion. I don't care who agrees or doesn't, just how I see it. I don't dislike JD, but I base my opinions off of facts. Bloomer was the only one slightly in his zip code last year, mainly because JD would overdrive, not because Bloomer was faster. They took stuff away, and Bloomer and Josh and Bobby caught up. Next year, if TMac stays with who he is, TMac will be there.

Well said.............................................. ..................

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-06-2016, 04:05 AM
I'm not insinuating, I'm saying you're dam right if him and Rumley weren't painted into a box that yes they woulda continued kickin serious a$$. You think Kevin and JD woulda stopped there. He!! no, if they didn't put the brakes on them, they'd have improved that stuff and more. Kevin is very smart and JD is good and determined. Half a brain eh, well anyone with an intact brain could see his car was entirely better than anyone else's and was so much more forgiving in part because of the homework they had done. It's an opinion based board and that's my opinion. I don't care who agrees or doesn't, just how I see it. I don't dislike JD, but I base my opinions off of facts. Bloomer was the only one slightly in his zip code last year, mainly because JD would overdrive, not because Bloomer was faster. They took stuff away, and Bloomer and Josh and Bobby caught up. Next year, if TMac stays with who he is, TMac will be there.

My opinion is your fear is completely misplaced. You have no idea to what degree their new parts were maximized. You have no idea the costs that have been added by changing the size of the box but not removing the knowledge gained. The rule changes were like a McCarthy era red scare. It limited the evolution of the car to a better machine, as should have happened.

It started us down a slope where people demand rule changes every time a guy wins most of the races.

And, Kevin is smart sure. But he couldn't even keep Davenport from being mad because the car was so bad at times this year. One super idea doesn't make an unbeatable super genius. Why couldn't that genius, with all the new technology he supposedly thrust upon the sport, engineer and test his way to victory?

And what about those people who said the late season rainouts saved Davenport from losing the 2015 title? He wasn't exactly smoking everyone at the end of that season. You don't make rules on what you think will happen. You make rules based on facts. Things you know.

Stede Bonnet
11-06-2016, 06:36 AM
My opinion is your fear is completely misplaced. You have no idea to what degree their new parts were maximized. You have no idea the costs that have been added by changing the size of the box but not removing the knowledge gained. The rule changes were like a McCarthy era red scare. It limited the evolution of the car to a better machine, as should have happened.

It started us down a slope where people demand rule changes every time a guy wins most of the races.

And, Kevin is smart sure. But he couldn't even keep Davenport from being mad because the car was so bad at times this year. One super idea doesn't make an unbeatable super genius. Why couldn't that genius, with all the new technology he supposedly thrust upon the sport, engineer and test his way to victory?

And what about those people who said the late season rainouts saved Davenport from losing the 2015 title? He wasn't exactly smoking everyone at the end of that season. You don't make rules on what you think will happen. You make rules based on facts. Things you know.

Very well said.............................................. .................................................. ..

My personal opinion is that if JD had been in the #116 all year instead of the #6 that he very well may have repeated his Lucas title. If you read Rumley's parting comments after getting singled out by Lucas he never felt welcome with the tour again and it never was his intention to follow the tour. So you add it up and you have a car owner/crew chief who doesn't want to do what he's doing, he feels like he was put under extra scrutiny and singled out for being smart and having an education, he's newly married and things aren't going well. Motors are blowing, brakes are failing, parts are falling off and everyone is looking to you to duplicate the magic of the previous season. The driver is getting pissed for all the same reasons and all that hard work isn't fun anymore. In hindsight I wish JD and Company had come up short, maybe them the powers that be wouldn't rewritten the rules in Knee-jerk fashion because an exceptionally talented driver and team got on a hot streak. Moyer has done it many times, Bloomquist has done it many times, but because this group(Davenport & Rumley's) were viewed as outsiders from nowhere, they rewrote the rules for what I only consider to be a single season hot streak, a perfect storm.

SFrancisFan15
11-06-2016, 03:26 PM
I think Shirley would be a great fit in the 6 car.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Very well said.............................................. .................................................. ..

My personal opinion is that if JD had been in the #116 all year instead of the #6 that he very well may have repeated his Lucas title. If you read Rumley's parting comments after getting singled out by Lucas he never felt welcome with the tour again and it never was his intention to follow the tour. So you add it up and you have a car owner/crew chief who doesn't want to do what he's doing, he feels like he was put under extra scrutiny and singled out for being smart and having an education, he's newly married and things aren't going well. Motors are blowing, brakes are failing, parts are falling off and everyone is looking to you to duplicate the magic of the previous season. The driver is getting pissed for all the same reasons and all that hard work isn't fun anymore. In hindsight I wish JD and Company had come up short, maybe them the powers that be wouldn't rewritten the rules in Knee-jerk fashion because an exceptionally talented driver and team got on a hot streak. Moyer has done it many times, Bloomquist has done it many times, but because this group(Davenport & Rumley's) were viewed as outsiders from nowhere, they rewrote the rules for what I only consider to be a single season hot streak, a perfect storm.

Pretty good acessment there. Im thinking your right on alot of things here

Nasty55
11-06-2016, 07:42 PM

I think you pretty well spoke the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth in this statement right here Stede... Kevin Rumley is one of the Smartest if not thee Smartest Engineer to ever step into the Dirt Racing World and turn it upside down! All Good thing's come to an end though and everyone on this team hit the ground running with the exception of Leroy he hit the ground with that easy step of his... They will all be ok..

Nasty55
11-06-2016, 07:45 PM
I think Shirley would be a great fit in the 6 car.

I would agree with you SfrancisFan if they purchased a couple new Longhorn's for him to drive..... Because the 2 that they have now i would Venture to say are about worn out From JD " Have NO Fear " Davenport Running them Hard 2 yr's straight....

Stede Bonnet
11-07-2016, 01:15 PM
I would agree with you SfrancisFan if they purchased a couple new Longhorn's for him to drive..... Because the 2 that they have now i would Venture to say are about worn out From JD " Have NO Fear " Davenport Running them Hard 2 yr's straight....

If they were running 2 year old "Tour" cars, then that explains a lot, Gizmo or No-Gizmo. They may be well designed cars, but they've been well used too. Very few cars today are built to last that long running at that level, Bloomquist Zero cars are the only ones I know of built to last multiple seasons, the rest are "Crash & Trash" as far as I know.

a25rjr
11-07-2016, 03:21 PM
It seems to me Davenport had lost his edge about halfway through last year. Bloomquist had got on a roll and dominated the last half. Most likely he would have won the championship if the last 2 races hadn't been rained out. JD ended up winning by only 55 pts.

Also, it could have been politics talkin, but JD in a Speedweek interview, claimed they were working in other areas and the lr was a smokescreen!

chupp n bloomer fan
11-07-2016, 03:29 PM

And what about those people who said the late season rainouts saved Davenport from losing the 2015 title? He wasn't exactly smoking everyone at the end of that season. You don't make rules on what you think will happen. You make rules based on facts. Things you know.Fear, fear implies personal, what these guys do doesn't affect me personally.

They admitted freely why they were off this year. The rule changes threw them for a loop, and then they chased their tails in the 6 and never really gained that magic back. They got too far away from square one.

I think, which I know you don't agree with the rule changes anyhow, that because they started off this year still good, they thought they were still kosher. And before they knew it, season is in full swing and they started running like any normal driver. Then the frustrations kick in, impatience, blame game, and on and on.

I don't think he whipped up anything else because he didn't have ample time to test anything, the new rules, and by the time it was evident they weren't unstoppable anymore, they were frustrated and burnt out with each other.

He had that 2015 championship won, had the gap been closed, yes, but he had it. Yes you don't like the rules, I do, and if they can find something obvious on Bloomers car, take a look at ways to curtail it too.

While at the same time walking that fine line to NOT BE NASCAR. No dam NASCAR.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-07-2016, 03:33 PM

My personal opinion is that if JD had been in the #116 all year instead of the #6 that he very well may have repeated his Lucas title. If you read Rumley's parting comments after getting singled out by Lucas he never felt welcome with the tour again and it never was his intention to follow the tour. So you add it up and you have a car owner/crew chief who doesn't want to do what he's doing, he feels like he was put under extra scrutiny and singled out for being smart and having an education, he's newly married and things aren't going well. Motors are blowing, brakes are failing, parts are falling off and everyone is looking to you to duplicate the magic of the previous season. The driver is getting pissed for all the same reasons and all that hard work isn't fun anymore. In hindsight I wish JD and Company had come up short, maybe them the powers that be wouldn't rewritten the rules in Knee-jerk fashion because an exceptionally talented driver and team got on a hot streak. Moyer has done it many times, Bloomquist has done it many times, but because this group(Davenport & Rumley's) were viewed as outsiders from nowhere, they rewrote the rules for what I only consider to be a single season hot streak, a perfect storm.Pretty good post.

manwplan
11-08-2016, 07:25 AM
No doubt the design Rumley had last year was revolutionary. However answer me this, where was his genius the past 15 years running the 6 car? Everyone acts like he burst on the seen as an engineer in 2015. The truth is he is a smart guy that stumbled onto something period. Just like Skip Arp was a smart guy that stumbled onto something back in 1998. Just like most successful racers are smart guys that stumble onto things.

cutman
11-08-2016, 08:43 AM
No doubt the design Rumley had last year was revolutionary. However answer me this, where was his genius the past 15 years running the 6 car? Everyone acts like he burst on the seen as an engineer in 2015. The truth is he is a smart guy that stumbled onto something period. Just like Skip Arp was a smart guy that stumbled onto something back in 1998. Just like most successful racers are smart guys that stumble onto things.

He didn't work on the late model till 2014 I believe. Kevin that is

Stede Bonnet
11-08-2016, 02:28 PM

2015 was the first year Kevin Rumley raced full time to make a living. He left his day job at CV products with savings to run 1 season full bore. Kevin has worked on his dads car since he was little, a long time. I don't think he stumbled on to it(the device), he just made time to realize the design he had. I believe Lanigan had a similar contraption on his cars when he was hot in 13' or 14', but it wasn't as sophisticated or elaborate as the Rumley piece. 2016 his heart wasn't in it and the equipment was exhausted from everything I've read that's been written or conveyed thru interviews. I'm glad its over, just hate the BS rules that resulted from it. Any breakthroughs or increases in performance will only be more expensive and require engineers, data acquisition and testing from here on.

Senroc-Systems
11-08-2016, 03:21 PM
2015 was the first year Kevin Rumley raced full time to make a living. He left his day job at CV products with savings to run 1 season full bore. Kevin has worked on his dads car since he was little, a long time. I don't think he stumbled on to it(the device), he just made time to realize the design he had. I believe Lanigan had a similar contraption on his cars when he was hot in 13' or 14', but it wasn't as sophisticated or elaborate as the Rumley piece. 2016 his heart wasn't in it and the equipment was exhausted from everything I've read that's been written or conveyed thru interviews. I'm glad its over, just hate the BS rules that resulted from it. Any breakthroughs or increases in performance will only be more expensive and require engineers, data acquisition and testing from here on.

Why all the sugarcoating? Rumley left CV to take over Longhorn Chassis. The "racing for a living" just isn't true. It's a huge advantage for producing their product, and in turn gave him and JD the track time and seat time to continue to develop their product. You stated " his heart wasn't in it"....why not? He surely couldn't be burned out after only two seasons. 20 or 30 or more of his competitors have been doing it for multiple decades....... With less resources. He develops a suspension piece that got him an advantage, they ran with it, and had a huge amount of success. Hats off to him! But he's no different than anyone else. He's a sore loser. No other way to describe it. Now what? Is he going to stop building Longhorns?

I just don't get it. Pull the boots on, put that big brain to work and prove to the DLM world your past success isn't hinged on one suspension piece. JMO

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Why all the sugarcoating? Rumley left CV to take over Longhorn Chassis. The "racing for a living" just isn't true. It's a huge advantage for producing their product, and in turn gave him and JD the track time and seat time to continue to develop their product. You stated " his heart wasn't in it"....why not? He surely couldn't be burned out after only two seasons. 20 or 30 or more of his competitors have been doing it for multiple decades....... With less resources. He develops a suspension piece that got him an advantage, they ran with it, and had a huge amount of success. Hats off to him! But he's no different than anyone else. He's a sore loser. No other way to describe it. Now what? Is he going to stop building Longhorns?

I just don't get it. Pull the boots on, put that big brain to work and prove to the DLM world your past success isn't hinged on one suspension piece. JMO

Took over Longhorn? That just isn't true. That is the Labonte's business.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Fear, fear implies personal, what these guys do doesn't affect me personally.

They admitted freely why they were off this year. The rule changes threw them for a loop, and then they chased their tails in the 6 and never really gained that magic back. They got too far away from square one.

I think, which I know you don't agree with the rule changes anyhow, that because they started off this year still good, they thought they were still kosher. And before they knew it, season is in full swing and they started running like any normal driver. Then the frustrations kick in, impatience, blame game, and on and on.

I don't think he whipped up anything else because he didn't have ample time to test anything, the new rules, and by the time it was evident they weren't unstoppable anymore, they were frustrated and burnt out with each other.

He had that 2015 championship won, had the gap been closed, yes, but he had it. Yes you don't like the rules, I do, and if they can find something obvious on Bloomers car, take a look at ways to curtail it too.

While at the same time walking that fine line to NOT BE NASCAR. No dam NASCAR.

What you are asking for is exactly what NASCAR has become. Expect more of it this winter. I am unsure how technically aware you are with the cars.

What do you like about the rules, exactly? There are essentially two rules now. "We would like you to run a spec car, but we wont build you a car." "If your car goes too fast, we will write more rules."

Senroc-Systems
11-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Does that need to be re-phrased for you? He excepted a job at Longhorn .....as the top guy. He brought an engineering mentality, along with free reign design wise to help their struggling chassis business. Is that better for you. You and I both know what I meant......

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Does that need to be re-phrased for you? He excepted a job at Longhorn .....as the top guy. He brought an engineering mentality, along with free reign design wise to help their struggling chassis business. Is that better for you. You and I both know what I meant......

He doesn't work at Longhorn, to my knowledge. He took a contract to redesign the car. He did. Job over.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2016, 03:58 PM
Which is why it is 100% plausible he did the same thing at Rocket.

Senroc-Systems
11-08-2016, 04:16 PM
MB......did you see the Casebolt thread where I named two members by username, to explain a very complicated question being asked on one of the best threads we've had in a long time? Did you wonder why I mentioned your name? Because it's obvious you're very knowledgeable on the technological advances in our sport. I admire that. I look forward to seeing your responses, because they're helpful. It's also obvious you can't afford to compete anymore, and that has made you bitter. You are not the only talented guy out there who is in that boat. There are hundreds of us, so don't be nasty to everyone who's opinion differs from your own.

manwplan
11-08-2016, 05:28 PM

And you would be wrong. I remember him working on the 6 as far back as 2004 when Steve Lucas drove it. I've seen pictures on Dod of him in victory lane in 2011 when Shaver drove it. So where in the world other than making crap up could you possibly come up with that answer?

And to Stede I don't give a crap when he started "full time". You mean his genius only kicked it when he went "full time" in 2015. BS!

calverton
11-08-2016, 05:34 PM
http://www.onedirt.com/videos/dirt-track-racing-all-videos/behind-the-scenes-at-longhorn-chassis/

calverton
11-08-2016, 05:35 PM
http://www.dirtondirt.com/National_6417.html