PDA

View Full Version : CedarLake Speedway Masters June15-17 $50,000 to Win, $2500 to start

TUTY
11-06-2016, 09:06 AM
As Late Model numbers drop, they are switching to Modifieds for the car count. The USMTS is running on Thursday night for $3000 to win points race and they normally draw 50 cars for that. I would guess the rules will be very close to USRA rules which will draw 150-200 cars. This is a GREAT move for Cedar Lake and if you haven't seen USRA MODS, they put on a very very good show. Question is, Bloomquist and Owens ran the $20,000 to win Mod show last year at Mississippi Thunder Speedway. How many more Late Model will run this show?

thexfactor0210
11-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Lucas Oil has a 20k to win race at Magnolia that weekend so if they are running the series again next year then they would not be able to unfortunately

TUTY
11-06-2016, 09:20 AM
I see WOO was off last year on this date and LOLMS is at the MAG in 2017.

widlmfan
11-06-2016, 09:32 AM
This show will have only 70-80 mods at it, which is still a great number but these huge money mod shows never pull over 100 mods. Its USMTS on Thursday so will probably be USMTS style on Friday Saturday, which will eliminate any IMCA guy thinking of running it, as well as most of your average Wissota guys.

thexfactor0210
11-06-2016, 09:48 AM
It is too bad they can't find some common ground to let UMP guys like Long, Harrison, Leka, Kinder,etc. race. They may not go anyways, but it would be awesome to see them all race together

Nasty55
11-06-2016, 10:18 AM
It is too bad they can't find some common ground to let UMP guys like Long, Harrison, Leka, Kinder,etc. race. They may not go anyways, but it would be awesome to see them all race together

I do believe that there are some common ground rule's that would allow the UMP mod's to be able to run with the USMTS guy's because we were UMP when we Ran our mod program and we ran with them when they were in our area with little changes to the car..

Ryan21mid
11-07-2016, 09:05 AM
This show will have only 70-80 mods at it, which is still a great number but these huge money mod shows never pull over 100 mods. Its USMTS on Thursday so will probably be USMTS style on Friday Saturday, which will eliminate any IMCA guy thinking of running it, as well as most of your average Wissota guys.

I'd say there will be over 100 mods there. The Junghans Memorial drew 123 for $10,000 before it rained and the makeup drew 92. $2500 just to start the feature is a good payday so I'd expect it to draw the cars.

TUTY
11-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Cedar Lake draws a lot of USMTS cars for the $3000 to win shows. I'm going to guess 125 cars or more. Also would surprise me if Deer Creek or someone puts together a big dollar race before or after the Masters to make it a week long deal.

kazual
11-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Depending on conflicting events, whether they get a few UMP guys and how well the Wissota crowd turns out I would bet over 100 rather than under.

TheHeadHunter
11-07-2016, 10:39 AM
The Masters usually has the UMP hell tour late models that weekend.. So more then likely you will see Pierce,Babb,Feger, Moyer, Weaver, and those guys there.. I know Marlar, Old man Moyer made the trip last year.. If some guys can pull double duty that weekend, it could be a heck of a pay day for them.. But they will get anywhere from 75-100 modifieds, if not more.. And only 30-40 late models..

bloomy18018
11-07-2016, 11:17 AM
The Masters usually has the UMP hell tour late models that weekend.. So more then likely you will see Pierce,Babb,Feger, Moyer, Weaver, and those guys there.. I know Marlar, Old man Moyer made the trip last year.. If some guys can pull double duty that weekend, it could be a heck of a pay day for them.. But they will get anywhere from 75-100 modifieds, if not more.. And only 30-40 late models..

Mods Only.... no Late Models

TheHeadHunter
11-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Mods Only.... no Late Models

So the masters won't include the hell tour this coming year? Or were you just saying the mods are running for the 50g purse? I know the purse was for the mods, but figuring that pierce/babb/weaver ran mods, i was thinking they might pull double duty.. WHo knows..lol.. to early to tell i guess..

CIRF
11-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Is this a 50g's to win mortified race or is it 50g's total purse?

Ryan21mid
11-07-2016, 01:33 PM
50k to win 2500 to start.

CIRF
11-07-2016, 02:01 PM
WOW!! That's a nice purse for a support class!!

Ryan21mid
11-07-2016, 02:39 PM
What classifies the modifieds as a support class? I think that'd be a matter of opinion.

Minny Lakes
11-07-2016, 03:17 PM
The Masters is mods only, it says in the press release.
The $40,000 to win at Mississippi Thunder (100 miles south of Cedar Lake) this September had 100 pre-entries, around 70ish mods showed up.
Based on that, I don't think they will get over 100 modifieds.

Ryan21mid
11-07-2016, 03:26 PM
MTS only paid $1000 to start that race, their purse was way too top heavy so it didn't make the trip worth it for a lot of guys. That wouldn't have even paid our entry fee and fuel/tire bill for the weekend. $2500 to start is substantially better start money and the car count SHOULD reflect that.

CIRF
11-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Where I come from they are a support class. Not a matter of opinion, just a fact.

Waldo
11-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Where I come from they don't run Open Wheel mods, or latemodels weekly, so saying they are a support class is an opinion. That is not a fact.

calverton
11-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Where i come from they are a support class either to lates or sprints

zstine87
11-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Here in NE Indiana many tracks around here they are the head liner class! Many tracks that you go to through out the country the mods can put a better show then any late or sprint car can. just depends not always but sometimes

zyoung25
11-07-2016, 08:30 PM

Some of the usmts guys came to Tyler last year to run the mega 100 that was put on by the renegade series, so it's possible they may get a few ump guys.

Where I come from they are a support class. Not a matter of opinion, just a fact.

They're a support class here in Ohio too. Sometimes it's the best racing. I'm happy to see the mods getting a chance at some big money, I don't know what's not to like about that.

CIRF
11-07-2016, 10:03 PM
Where I come from they don't run Open Wheel mods, or latemodels weekly, so saying they are a support class is an opinion. That is not a fact.I've never attended a dirt show where open wheel modified's were the top division. Not ever. They have only raced in the role of a filler division, so you see, to me they are a support class. That's not being demeaning to them as a class, it's a reality of our particular racing experience. Defensive much?

Here in NE Indiana many tracks around here they are the head liner class! Many tracks that you go to through out the country the mods can put a better show then any late or sprint car can. just depends not always but sometimesI know of some tracks in Minnesota and Iowa where the mods are the headline division. The reason for that is the full on dirt late models and/or 410 sprinters car count no longer warranted them being part of their weekly racing program. The mods are, in fact, the headline division but only in the absence of the full on dirt late's and or 410 sprint cars. Certainly the mods can put on the best show of the night on any given occasion but that isn't what's being discussed here.

They're a support class here in Ohio too. Sometimes it's the best racing. I'm happy to see the mods getting a chance at some big money, I don't know what's not to like about that.I wholeheartedly agree with everything in your post, zyoung.

bloomy18018
11-07-2016, 11:53 PM
So the masters won't include the hell tour this coming year? Or were you just saying the mods are running for the 50g purse? I know the purse was for the mods, but figuring that pierce/babb/weaver ran mods, i was thinking they might pull double duty.. WHo knows..lol.. to early to tell i guess..

Support class will most likely go to the B-Mods... just an educated guess. I would imagine an all Mod show, been there enough times to have a pretty good idea on their format, I did see that the big show will have Double Heats

Nasty55
11-08-2016, 04:11 AM
I've never attended a dirt show where open wheel modified's were the top division. Not ever. They have only raced in the role of a filler division, so you see, to me they are a support class. That's not being demeaning to them as a class, it's a reality of our particular racing experience.

CIRF my friend you need to venture out to some openwheel mod shows more often buddy lol... I remember many time when we how our mod program that we Ran alot of shows with the support classes being Latemodels Limited lates Street stocks and 4cylinder class..

zyoung25
11-08-2016, 05:04 AM
At brushcreek they are the highliner class. But they only get about 15-20 cars a week.

Back when brushcreek would do the heritage race and give away the harley, they would pull right at 70-100 mods, very good cars too. I think they stepped on their weenie so to say when they got rid of that race.

Tireguy17
11-08-2016, 06:15 AM
Instead of talking about whether or not modifieds are a premier division, why not talk about why the decision was made.....Lack of cars running the entire Hell Tour at least thru the 1st weekend to make the trip to CLS. In reality, eliminating CLS from the schedule, which was out of the way logistically, may help get more cars to follow the Tour early on.

calverton
11-08-2016, 07:01 AM
Plus it doesn't help when the locals have different tire rules than the tour

CIRF
11-08-2016, 08:37 AM
CIRF my friend you need to venture out to some openwheel mod shows more often buddy lol... I remember many time when we how our mod program that we Ran alot of shows with the support classes being Latemodels Limited lates Street stocks and 4cylinder class..I humbly stand corrected Nasty. I had no idea that full on late models served as a support class to mods on a regular basis. It's never happened in our part of the country to my knowledge unless it's a specific modified special event, which is a whole other circumstance.

Nasty my friend, I don't have to venture far from home to see openwheel mod shows. Nearly every event we go to throughout the racing season has mods as a support class and as often as not they provide entertaining racing.

Instead of talking about whether or not modifieds are a premier division, why not talk about why the decision was made.....Lack of cars running the entire Hell Tour at least thru the 1st weekend to make the trip to CLS. In reality, eliminating CLS from the schedule, which was out of the way logistically, may help get more cars to follow the Tour early on.You make a very good, and legitimate point, Tireguy.

My intention was not to disparage or demean the mods in any way. As has been said, they sometimes are the star of the event regardless what cars are the headliners. I was only surprised to see the money being put up for a show that involved a division of racecars that in most areas of the country are a support class. If an event as previously described can make all involved some money it surely will become a BIG deal in a hurry, and I hope it does.

calverton
11-08-2016, 08:46 AM
thats why you call them mortifies, that being I go to a show in september that mods are the main attraction or headliner but the late bring the crowd very good show also by the way the prize money doesn't always dictate the kinda car count you get or for that matter the quality

ptown
11-08-2016, 09:51 AM
CIRF my friend you need to venture out to some openwheel mod shows more often buddy lol... I remember many time when we how our mod program that we Ran alot of shows with the support classes being Latemodels Limited lates Street stocks and 4cylinder class..

Put down that medical marijuana pipe and tell us when and where late models (not limiteds) run as a support class to those horrible spinout mortifieds.

CIRF
11-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Put down that medical marijuana pipe and tell us when and where late models (not limiteds) run as a support class to those horrible spinout mortifieds.I generally stay out of these types of retorts but I won't this time.

Come on ptown, you seem like a relatively reasonable guy most of the time. The medical marijuana pipe comment was unnecessary, uncalled for and generally out of line. You can ask your question without that kind of rhetoric unrelated to your inquiry.

Whatever sort of unfriendly back and forth you and Nasty may have had in the past can't possibly warrant that kind of statement.

Barbecueboy
11-08-2016, 10:40 AM
If you are watching a bunch of spin out modifieds, it speaks more to operator error more than it does the class itself........

The modified guys get it done in the region I live in.......they aren't often a headliner but often put on the best shows.

ptown
11-08-2016, 02:35 PM
I generally stay out of these types of retorts but I won't this time.

Come on ptown, you seem like a relatively reasonable guy most of the time. The medical marijuana pipe comment was unnecessary, uncalled for and generally out of line. You can ask your question without that kind of rhetoric unrelated to your inquiry.

Whatever sort of unfriendly back and forth you and Nasty may have had in the past can't possibly warrant that kind of statement.

You should do a search on his posts, he's really nasty, hateful and bitter, especially concerning myself.

Nasty55
11-08-2016, 11:16 PM
You should do a search on his posts, he's really nasty, hateful and bitter, especially concerning myself.

Well it seem's as though you just answered a question that alot of people haven't asked you yet.... You seem to be able to dish it out ptown but from the looks of this post your thin skinned and can't take it? I'm a long way from bitter hateful and Nasty!! I just don't much care for someone who like's little kid's which you seem to do with your obsession with Bobby Pierce! That's where my discontent with you started at a$$clown so don't sit there acting as if you have never leveled any dig's or negativty toward's anyone on this site because if you do your a fukn liar!! Now move along little man before you get your tender little feeling's hurt again!!

fryefan
11-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Put down that medical marijuana pipe and tell us when and where late models (not limiteds) run as a support class to those horrible spinout mortifieds.

It seems as though you have never attended a USMTS race. Maybe if you would go watch them, you wouldn't be exhibiting your lack of knowledge about modifieds that will be at the event this thread is referring to.

PS--I completely understand that they are sometimes pain full to watch at weekly UMP shows, but the USMTS series is very much like the Lucas Oil Late Model or WoO Late Model series when it comes to the quality of the program and the money that the teams have invested in their cars.

calverton
11-09-2016, 08:19 PM
yeah thats why you put them on ump tires and they get their butt handed to them

fryefan
11-09-2016, 08:24 PM
yeah thats why you put them on ump tires and they get their butt handed to them

And when the UMP guys try to run with them on the tire that USMTS requires, "they get their butt handed to them" as well. It is a matter of what they are familiar with.

calverton
11-09-2016, 08:44 PM
yeah the motor might have something do with it also but what happens when you have a ustms driver in a ump car at a ump track and he gets it handed to him yeah it was onlt one ken schraders low dollar cars

Spongebob
11-10-2016, 05:02 AM
This is what I received. Checked the Hell Tour site no 2017 schedule out yet:
http://www.thehelltour.com/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, November 3, 2017
An X.CELERATED Release

CEDAR LAKE SPEEDWAY ANNOUNCES JUNE 2017 “MODIFIED MASTERS” WEEKEND TO PAY AN UNPRECEDENTED $50,000-TO-WIN

New Richmond, WI (November 3, 2017) – Cedar Lake Speedway, in association with DIRT NATION, announce a transformation of the annual Masters weekend set for June 15-17, 2017.

The Open Wheel Modifieds take top and exclusive billing the entire weekend with a $50,000-to-win top prize and a hefty $2500-to-start payday for this elite event.

The Modified Masters kicks off on Thursday, June 15, with a $3000-to-win United States Modified Touring Series event. Friday, June 16 will be Modified Masters Heat Races and June 17 will include B Mains and the $50,000 Main Event. Friday and Saturday of the Modified Masters will be unsanctioned. Offical rules, entry, and event details will be announced at a later date.

“The Masters is a historic event on our schedule that has featured Late Models, Sprint Cars, and Modifieds,” stated Steve Kaufman of Cedar Lake Speedway. “Going into our 19th year of the event, Cedar Lake Speedway wanted to establish a premier Open Wheel Modified race that is a true crown jewel and tremendous payday for the competitors.”

In addition to the massive payday, The Modified Masters will be produced and promoted by DIRT NATION with extensive social media coverage, podcasts, video features, in-house event production, and internet streaming pay per view coverage available at www.dirtnation.tv Follow @dirtnationtv on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, and YouTube for frequent event updates.

Details and Information of the Modified Masters will be shared on the official website at: www.modifiedmasters.com and @modifiedmasters on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and SnapChat.

Cedar Lake Speedway can be reached by Phone at 866-4-CLS-FUN, online at www.cedarlakespeedway.com or on Facebook/Twitter @racecedarlake

##

#modmasters17

Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Instagram
Instagram
Snapchat
Snapchat
A Dirt Nation Production
View this email in your browser
Copyright © 2016 X.CELERATED, All rights reserved.
Thank You for joining the IMCA.TV by X.CELERATED Email List! We will keep you up to date on new footage, events, and breaking news for the IMCA.TV service.

Our mailing address is:
X.CELERATED
20 Aiken Circle
Silver Bay, MN 55614

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

Ryan21mid
11-10-2016, 08:38 AM
yeah the motor might have something do with it also but what happens when you have a ustms driver in a ump car at a ump track and he gets it handed to him yeah it was onlt one ken schraders low dollar cars

How many USMTS drivers do you see running UMP races? Not very many...but when they do they win. Rodney Sanders has won many UMP races as recent as a year or 2 ago, Ryan Gustin won at Volusia a few years back as well, Stormy Scott won one of KY Lake's big mod shows last year too so you're wrong again. Start doing your research.

http://www.stlracing.com/2014/05/27/sanders-wins-monday-special-at-peoria-speedway/

http://www.dirtracingforum.com/showthread.php/12588-Rodney-Sanders-takes-UMP-DIRTcar-Modified-win-at-Bubba-Raceway-Park!

http://www.raceweekillustrated.com/2013/02/13/rodney-sanders-wins-ump-modified-opener-at-volusia/

http://stormyscott.com/news/news.asp?NewsID=20367

CIRF
11-10-2016, 08:59 AM
How many USMTS drivers do you see running UMP races? Not very many...but when they do they win. Rodney Sanders has won many UMP races as recent as a year or 2 ago, Ryan Gustin won at Volusia a few years back as well, Stormy Scott won one of KY Lake's big mod shows last year too so you're wrong again. Start doing your research.

Ryan, just a word to the wise, and you seem to be more wise than most here, DO NOT attempt to logically explain anything to litey/calverton. It is futile. His realm of comprehension is severely restricted by his very tiny brain and very narrow mind. He is not capable of research and couldn't comprehend it even if he was.

We believe he's somehow brain damaged from trying to damage a concrete sidewalk with his face. LOL!!

Ryan21mid
11-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Lmao I'm coming to that realization. It was worth a shot!

CIRF
11-10-2016, 09:18 AM
Lmao I'm coming to that realization. It was worth a shot!

I agree, it was worth a shot because if you can get through to the resident numb skull then there is hope the rest of us can do the same! LOL!

zyoung25
11-10-2016, 09:30 AM
As I've said before.....it's like trying to kick water uphill when you argue with him. Just look over him and don't reply to his posts, easiest way to deal with him.

CIRF
11-10-2016, 12:12 PM
As I've said before.....it's like trying to kick water uphill when you argue with him. Just look over him and don't reply to his posts, easiest way to deal with him.Z, it took me much longer than it should have to heed your advice but I finally came around!! It used to be enjoyable to make fun of him but after a while it becomes a futile waste of time. LOL!!

TUTY
11-10-2016, 07:03 PM
It will be a GREAT show !