PDA

View Full Version : Eric Wells Bags $10,000 Payday in Fall Classic at Ponderosa

Ben Shelton
11-07-2016, 03:16 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 7, 2016

Eric Wells Bags $10,000 Payday in Fall Classic at Ponderosa

Hazard, Kentucky (10/07/16) – Eric Wells continued his late-season surge on Saturday night by pocketing $10,000 behind the wheel of his Penske Shocks #18 Longhorn Race Car/ Cornett Racing Engine Super Late Model. The victory, which is his second of the season, came at Ponderosa Speedway in the 26th annual Fall Classic.

“This car has just been incredible the last few months,” said Wells. “I can’t say enough about my crew, my sponsors, and everybody that helps me on this car. I just hate that the season is over because we’ve really found something here.”

Opening the Southern Nationals Bonus Series weekend, Eric Wells headed to Ponderosa Speedway (Junction City, Kentucky) on Friday night for the Hugh “Junebug” Rowland Memorial. With 39 Super Late Models registered, Wells landed a runner-up finish behind Donald McIntosh in his heat race, securing his spot into the opening night A-Main. With $3,000 on the line, Eric advanced five positions in the 30-lap feature, posting a 2nd place finish behind Tim Dohm with Corey Conley, Steve Francis, and Chris Ferguson rounding out the Top 5.

Returning on Saturday night for the 26th annual Fall Classic, Eric started the night with a heat race win, which put him on the pole for the main event. Jumping into the lead at the drop of the green flag, Wells led every lap of the 50-lapper, registering his second victory of the season. Kent Robinson, Jason Welshan, Donald McIntosh, and Steve Francis completed the Top-5 finishers. Wells was awarded a $10,000 payday for his triumph in the A-Main.

Full results from these events are available at www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

Wells 2016 campaign has now come to an end. The team is already focused on preparing for Speedweeks in Georgia and Florida. Keep your browser pointed to www.EricWells18.com for the latest team news and updates.

Eric Wells would like to thank his sponsors and marketing partners including Wells Motorsports, Longhorn Race Cars, Cornett Racing Engines, Schaeffer's Lubricants, Penske Shocks, Will Kinzer Foundation for Autism, All Star Performance, Print Worx, Hoosier Tire, Convenient Lube and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Eric Wells and Wells Motorsports, please visit www.EricWells18.com .