PDA

View Full Version : devin moran

jensenracing18
11-10-2016, 07:27 AM
I just saw on his Facebook he sold his hauler and trailer and now has his 1 race old BWRC for sale.. Did the young gun possibly pick up a different ride for next season? Or just upgrading? Anybody possibly hear who is filling the best performance seat yet?

squaredup12
11-10-2016, 07:53 AM
kid's got talent and potential...there's no denying that

zyoung25
11-10-2016, 08:03 AM
They just sold the car hauler part, still have he toter. I know they problems with that hauler several times this year. The gate almost fell on them at the dream while they were working on the car. That hauler was purchased back after Donnie won the mill, we know how long ago that's been. He's got both bwrc cars for sale I seen now, the one only has one race on it. My guess they're gonna get what Barry & Jd stew up together. He had too good of year to walk away from them i like.

Pennsboro23
11-10-2016, 09:46 AM
I agree with zyoung25. My guess would be that Devin and Donnie want to get the new Barry Wright ICON that they're coming out with so that they can be on the same page as JD.

chasefrehley
11-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Tommy Pope owns the cars that Devin drives.

Goferme1
11-10-2016, 10:47 AM
The team website says the hauler is for sale and also he raced a Tommy Pope custom chassis at TST.

squaredup12
11-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Saw on JD's Twitter where Jason Heitt piloted the new ICON for Barry in the steel head race this past weekend at EAMS. I believe the same was the case for the steel head race in the Craig Reese Memorial the previous weekend at Boyd's.

zach51
11-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Per what Jason said at EAMS the car he ran in the supers was a new BWRC too, unless I misunderstood.

squaredup12
11-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Was Jason not driving a car out of the Capital stable at some point this year?

pap
11-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Was Jason not driving a car out of the Capital stable at some point this year?

Yes that is his car. He drove a BWRC in the supers at eams. Steelhead was an xr1, and crates was a 99 GRT.

pap
11-10-2016, 02:09 PM
To clarify, The capital is his.

President Clinton
11-10-2016, 07:34 PM
Moran will be in BW race car.

NormP
11-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Moran has become one of my favorites, seems super nice and humble, and in my opinion he will be winning lots of big races in the next few years.

dirtdobber45
11-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Moran will be in BW race car.
To clarify, The capital is his.Which ever way he goes best of luck to him

chasefrehley
11-11-2016, 07:59 AM
President, I would respectfully disagree.
pap, he has never owned a capital.

RayCook53fan
11-11-2016, 09:03 AM
President, I would respectfully disagree.
pap, he has never owned a capital.

Actually, yes he has previously owned a capital. Not sure if he owns the one he has been driving this year, but he did own the one he drove last year.

kidrock
11-11-2016, 09:25 AM
I would like to see Devin get a really good sponsor because the kid has the talent.

chasefrehley
11-11-2016, 09:45 AM
RayCook53fan, Devin Moran has never owned a capital race car. The only car the team owns is a MasterSbuilt.

Ryan21mid
11-11-2016, 09:51 AM
RayCook53fan, Devin Moran has never owned a capital race car. The only car the team owns is a MasterSbuilt.

Read closer...They're talking about Jason Hiett.

chasefrehley
11-11-2016, 09:57 AM
I see that after, thanks

TS FAN
11-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Devin is a terrific young racer. I am fortunate to get to see him at Florence. I really like him and the sometimes hated Bobby Pierce. They can both wheel a car.

00Hdmn
11-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Devin was a Mastersbuilt guy for most of his career then I think two years ago they went and got a Pierce car and ran it maybe only once and I think it was at Eldora and he crashed it and the car needed a front and rear clip I believe and I don't know if he ever ran it again to my knowledge. Then he was obviously in the BWRC this year and to my knowledge he has never been in a capital car.

President Clinton
11-11-2016, 01:35 PM
As of right now the New BW car is going to 2 guys to use/test before us cornbreaders can even by one. JD and Moran, so without some major change he will be in BW. thanks

dirtdobber45
11-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Is Devin running for Pope agsin next year?

dane31
11-11-2016, 05:24 PM
I know that they were for sale two weeks ago for a fact president Clinton know wonder your wife lost

pa_dirt
11-11-2016, 06:20 PM
To clarify, The capital is his.

I don't think anything is clear...the longer this post gets the more everyone is getting confused lol.. I'm gonna try my best to get everyone on the same page .. first off the capital is Jason Hiett's not the Moran's... secondly Devin is selling his 2 BWRC's not because he's changing manufactures but because he (along with JD) is getting 2 BWRC ICON's (Barry's new design) to help with the t&d of the new chassis design.

Hope this helps.

Last Tru Outlaw 4B
11-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Devin drives for his dad, tommy pope is a major sponsor, Tommy has had devin drive his cars at east Alabama. Should be a good combo with Devin and JD. Looking forward to 2017. And i commend Donnie for how he has brought devin up in his racing career. They may have some money but its not an open check book, and devin pays for all his shirts,hats,ect out of his pocket. So when you buy a shirt or whatever know that its the driver who foots that bill.. A great and humbled racing family..!

chupp n bloomer fan
11-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Devin drives for his dad, tommy pope is a major sponsor, Tommy has had devin drive his cars at east Alabama. Should be a good combo with Devin and JD. Looking forward to 2017. And i commend Donnie for how he has brought devin up in his racing career. They may have some money but its not an open check book, and devin pays for all his shirts,hats,ect out of his pocket. So when you buy a shirt or whatever know that its the driver who foots that bill.. A great and humbled racing family..!Yes. They aren't loaded. Guy I work with, lives near them, grew up around them. There is a huge difference between being well off, and having the funds to follow a national tour for a year. My coworker doesn't get it. I think it's a heckuva plan having JD, Devin, Barry, and Lance with Donnie also getting that stuff ironed out.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Icon = longhorn/bwrc

chupp n bloomer fan
11-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Icon = longhorn/bwrcRocket=Longhorn, Bloomer=Longhorn, Pierce=Longhorn, and on and on. If JD really wanted to stay in a Longhorn, he'd have stayed with Chip Stone and Randy Weaver, the ride was his. Longhorn did not invent dlm racing. I think some really forget that.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Rocket=Longhorn, Bloomer=Longhorn, Pierce=Longhorn, and on and on. If JD really wanted to stay in a Longhorn, he'd have stayed with Chip Stone and Randy Weaver, the ride was his. Longhorn did not invent dlm racing. I think some really forget that.

Yea im suprised jd left longhorn w all the success he had there. You think he would have tryed to work out something.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Rocket=Longhorn, Bloomer=Longhorn, Pierce=Longhorn, and on and on. If JD really wanted to stay in a Longhorn, he'd have stayed with Chip Stone and Randy Weaver, the ride was his. Longhorn did not invent dlm racing. I think some really forget that.

Thats not what I meant.
C&b fan= dic head

chupp n bloomer fan
11-13-2016, 07:30 AM
Thats not what I meant.
C&b fan= dic headI'm deeply hurt:). Then what did you mean? Any other time someone starts something new that isn't named Longhorn they stole it all from Longhorn and are just a$$holes. Read it here from you and a few others loads of times. It's racing, just like in life, things change, you move on, and try to keep improving yourself. And if you don't like the way things are in your life you change them to the best of your abilities.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-13-2016, 07:33 AM
Yea im suprised jd left longhorn w all the success he had there. You think he would have tryed to work out something.What's wrong with this post? A good post, and I'm surprised he did too. How I finished my other post I think is where JD is. With his little boy and I think she's still his fiancé, a regional non touring schedule is probably what he wanted.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-13-2016, 11:22 AM
Im thinking he would have done a regional thing w weaver also. There must have been something more to it than we know.

calverton
11-13-2016, 11:27 AM
probably too much windshield time

dirtdobber45
11-13-2016, 01:26 PM
I heard a rumor that neither Weaver nor Stone were happy with how the car looked after the race at Volunteer. They were happy with the win but not how the car looked afterwards. Now thats a rumor not trying to start any chit.

squaredup12
11-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Randy keeps a clean race car...that I can say for sure having seen him race on numerous occasions. Never have I seen that car start a race without clean body panels, due largely to the fact that Randy races clean and smooth. If Stone had become accustomed to having a driver that could keep body panels on the car, then dirtdobber45 may not be too far off.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-13-2016, 03:25 PM
I heard a rumor that neither Weaver nor Stone were happy with how the car looked after the race at Volunteer. They were happy with the win but not how the car looked afterwards. Now thats a rumor not trying to start any chit.

You have a very good point dd and ik jd runs a car hard but ya cant always win w no bent sheetmetal.

dirtdobber45
11-13-2016, 05:41 PM
I didnt get to go that night but what I heard was both sides of the car had damage.

chasefrehley
11-14-2016, 06:33 AM
Devin will NOT be in the new Icon by BWRC next season. Bank on that.

squaredup12
11-14-2016, 06:42 AM
Ahh, coming in with a new development??

cutman
11-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Devin will NOT be in the new Icon by BWRC next season. Bank on that.

Alright, back on topic! Still gonna be with his own team?

Drop Shock
11-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Heard they were getting Kryptonite cars. That's just a rumor but it wouldn't be too crazy after the year Tyler Carpenter had racing in the same region

cutman
11-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Heard they were getting Kryptonite cars. That's just a rumor but it wouldn't be too crazy after the year Tyler Carpenter had racing in the same region

Now that would be interesting

dirtdobber45
11-14-2016, 04:20 PM
That would be cool. Doesnt the Carpenters build those themselves?

cutman
11-14-2016, 05:14 PM
That would be cool. Doesnt the Carpenters build those themselves?

Yes, they sure do

dirtdobber45
11-14-2016, 06:50 PM
Yes, they sure doThat might benefit both then. Best of luck