PDA

View Full Version : Forrest Lucas and Trump

RRRKKK
11-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Saw on a Trump website that Forrest Lucas in being considered for appointment to the Secretary of Interior.

HoosierDirtFan
11-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Saw on a Trump website that Forrest Lucas in being considered for appointment to the Secretary of Interior.

seen that yesterday as well. How about that. A motorsports person in the white house / on the presidential staff.

calverton
11-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Look up protect the harvest

Live4DLM
11-10-2016, 03:18 PM
That would be great!!! Dirt tracks all over US need protections against EPA and Liberal A-holes trying to get them shutdown for noise and other crap like that!!! I hope Trump $hit cans liberals out the EPA, VA, DOJ and DOD

Krooser
11-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Enviro wackos are going nuts that an 'oil man' may become secretary of the interior.

GEAR_HEAD
11-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Enviro wackos are going nuts that an 'oil man' may become secretary of the interior.

It's time that we start drilling all of our own oil in the gulf and Alaska, build more refineries, then give the middle east a giant middle finger.

calverton
11-10-2016, 09:24 PM
You got that right gear head

kd1
11-12-2016, 12:28 AM
I like this thread!

calverton
11-12-2016, 04:14 AM
Enviro wackos are going nuts that an 'oil man' may become secretary of the interior.only because they are assuming and you know what happens when you assume

Nasty55
11-12-2016, 06:05 AM
only because they are assuming and you know what happens when you assume

Yeah we do Litey you either end up face down a$$ up on a sidewalk in stlouis for one of the Homo's of StLouis to step up Behind you or Else Johnny Huck and Sergio Cum pay you a visit!!

calverton
11-12-2016, 07:08 AM
wtf does that mean

kidrock
11-12-2016, 08:01 AM
yeah we do litey you either end up face down a$$ up on a sidewalk in stlouis for one of the homo's of stlouis to step up behind you or else johnny huck and sergio cum pay you a visit!!

lmao.............................................. .................................

Driver50x
11-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Where is the "Like" button? I like everything in this thread!!

calverton
11-12-2016, 03:57 PM
LMAO NO HUMBLE BEGINNINGS HERE http://www.lucascattlecompany.com/ranch-news/313-forrest-lucas-entrepreneur-blends-success-downhome-style

oldfart50
11-13-2016, 06:14 PM
They are shutting down the NHRA team and one of the reasons is his possible appointment. This may not be good news for racing...

Clayton_Wetter
11-13-2016, 07:36 PM
wtf does that mean

It means you need to check into a mental ward!!! :)

calverton
11-13-2016, 08:36 PM
I did and found you there ,you need to wear pants more often

vande077
11-14-2016, 10:27 AM
This is bad for a multitude of reasons.

Reason #1, HUGE conflict of interest as he's the CEO of an Oil Company and the Dept of the Interior's job is to protect lands. This just means more stagnation in Congress and nothing getting accomplished.

Reason #2 - means he has to step away from his business. That means whoever he hires to be CEO could say that racing is a waste of their advertising $$'s and do away with Lucas Oil LM's, ASCS Sprints, Motocross, Drag Boats, Tractor Pulls, etc., etc., etc.. Bad for racing.

Reason #3 - it's short term (8 years max, 4 years if only 1 term and less than 4 years if Trump changes his mind) - so lose his support of racing for an appointment that could go away in a year (or take 3 years to get through Congress and then Trump not get re-elected at all and he's replaced by someone else).

Reason #4 - no offense to others on here, but he's no spring chicken. Seems like EVERYONE in the Government skews to the above 60 age bracket (and a lot above age 70). How is this good? At some point we have to start getting some younger people in there (what's the average age of Congress, 70??).

I personally am an independent, I've voted Republican, Democrat and 3rd Party in my lifetime. Sometimes the people I've voted for have won, sometimes they haven't, but everytime I've always given the victor a chance to prove themselves. Unfortunately, that didn't happen with most people with the last President and won't with this one either.

Sadly there is so much hate (on both sides) that they have blinded themselves to facts. Same thing will happen with Trump I'm afraid and we'll go through this all again in 4 or 8 years. And until the people get their heads out of their a$$e$ and realize the President has no power to change law (that lies with Congress), that nothing will change. We keep electing the same worthless people to the House and Senate and expect change because we elected a new President....

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-14-2016, 11:54 AM
I can't see the end of LOLMDS as any kind of catastrophe for late model racing.

When series I liked died, racing continued on.

vande077
11-14-2016, 12:16 PM
I can't see the end of LOLMDS as any kind of catastrophe for late model racing.

When series I liked died, racing continued on.

To me, it's not the series dieing, it's the $$$ Lucas is pouring into a number of racing endeavors. That goes away and it's bad for racing (last I checked there isn't tons of companies clamoring to be on the side of a Late Model, Sprint or Modfied (or a NASCAR Cup car for that matter, more companies are leaving them every year).

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-14-2016, 12:53 PM
To me, it's not the series dieing, it's the $$$ Lucas is pouring into a number of racing endeavors. That goes away and it's bad for racing (last I checked there isn't tons of companies clamoring to be on the side of a Late Model, Sprint or Modfied (or a NASCAR Cup car for that matter, more companies are leaving them every year).

When the dollars dry up for the 1% crowd, the costs go down for everyone else. That money only reaches a handful of teams. It does nothing for the average racer.

Bubstr
11-14-2016, 01:15 PM
Seems speculation and assumptions and a few stirring the pot with them are the source of all the hate. Has anyone heard Trump say he didn't like a ethnic group? He did say he didn't like people coming into this country illegally. With good cause. It lowers the base pay of every one with a job in this country. This slows the circulation of money. Therefore it hurts our economy. The big thing is, It's illegal. That is far different than being racist against Central and South American people.

Since it is very hard to vote against your own pocket book, we may speculate as to What a Oil Man would do in this position, but it's only speculation. Lucas seems to be a very intelligent person, going by his achievements. I believe he would make intelligent decisions. The ego of trump makes me believe, he will do anything he can to prove he can make America great again. It also makes you believe he won't stand for decisions that are bad for us. I'll give him a chance. I gave Obama a chance, till he let the insurance companies write the Affordable Care Act and put a hardship on about 1/3 of the labor in this country. The lower 1/3 can not afford Insurance and they can't afford the fine they will get in April and still not have insurance. Obama Care did some good things, but not to address cost in any way, was not one of them. Just ask,, why you can not buy from any other state. Competition brings prices down. Insurance companies don't want competition. It makes you wonder, how much they donated to get that bill passed.

As long as people want racing and racers want to race, we will have racing.

NormP
11-14-2016, 08:06 PM
When the dollars dry up for the 1% crowd, the costs go down for everyone else. That money only reaches a handful of teams. It does nothing for the average racer.

The 1% crowd doesn't fool with late models.

Other than Forrest Lucas, I can't think of anyone involved in late models that would approach the top 1% of moneymakers in the country.

Barbecueboy
11-14-2016, 09:58 PM

Other than Forrest Lucas, I can't think of anyone involved in late models that would approach the top 1% of moneymakers in the country.

I don't know what number you have to be to be a one percenter, but people like Boyer,Baird,and that labonte crowd have to be down in the cul de sac somewhere.

Barbecueboy
11-14-2016, 10:03 PM
Forrest Lucas will do the right thing for racing.....

calverton
11-14-2016, 10:09 PM
I don't know what number you have to be to be a one percenter, but people like Boyer,Baird,and that labonte crowd have to be down in the cul de sac somewhere.cul de sac a couple hundred miles away maybe

NormP
11-14-2016, 11:11 PM
I don't know what number you have to be to be a one percenter, but people like Boyer,Baird,and that labonte crowd have to be down in the cul de sac somewhere.

I'm talking the true 1%er Warren Buffet/Carl Icahn/Bill Gates crowd.

Boyer, Baird, Reece, Harrod, those are just wealthy guys that like late models. Definitely rich, but not the 1% like the news and whiny college kids refer to.

They are probably the 1% of dirt late models though.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-14-2016, 11:15 PM

I was talking about 1% of LM racers. But, it only takes around a half million to be top 1% in the US.

t3r3e3
11-14-2016, 11:30 PM

Clint Bowyer, and up until 2 years ago, Don Blankenship...

t3r3e3
11-14-2016, 11:35 PM

Boyer, Baird, Reece, Harrod, those are just wealthy guys that like late models. Definitely rich, but not the 1% like the news and whiny college kids refer to.

Those guys are the .01%. The absolute top of the bell curve. The wouldn't put money into racing, because we all know Motorsports operations are not moneymaking ventures. NFL franchises are another story entirely, and it's why many billionaires clamor for NFL (or Premiere League) franchises. Those types of sports ventures are a sure moneymaker, and also give the billionaires a competitive rooting interest against other billionaires.

NormP
11-15-2016, 05:01 AM
I was talking about 1% of LM racers.

Yeah, the Baird or Bowyer types like Barbecueboy mentioned. But I think you're always going to have those guys.

Barbecueboy
11-15-2016, 07:54 AM
cul de sac a couple hundred miles away maybe

The one percenters have very large lots....

Barbecueboy
11-15-2016, 07:56 AM

Got it......bill gates probably has a full 4/10 track with full life size remote control 850 hp late models.

calverton
11-15-2016, 07:57 AM
lmao like my brother but he didn't may that much you know location location loacation