PDA

View Full Version : Billy Moyer jr

dirtdobber45
11-11-2016, 08:54 AM
I might have missed this but how does Billy jr win the WoO rookie title? Wasnt he on tour before and dropped out?

AnnouncerLife88
11-11-2016, 09:05 AM
I might have missed this but how does Billy jr win the WoO rookie title? Wasnt he on tour before and dropped out?Most series have rules where if you haven't run X amount of races you can still be eligible for the Rookie Of The Year consideration. I don't know how many WoO races Billy ran before this year but that's usually the case. Was good to see him improve the way he did over the course of the tour though, he'll be one to watch in 2017.

kidrock
11-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Most series have rules where if you haven't run X amount of races you can still be eligible for the Rookie Of The Year consideration. I don't know how many WoO races Billy ran before this year but that's usually the case. Was good to see him improve the way he did over the course of the tour though, he'll be one to watch in 2017.

I agree he ended the year running much better.

dirtdobber45
11-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Yes he did have a better second half this year. But I thought he ran half the series a couple of years back then dropped off for 'personal reasons'

bleedblue55
11-11-2016, 09:32 AM
I believe he announced a run for Lucas ROY and not WOO two years back. Think that was also the year BMJ had a deck height or similar issue at East Bay during a rain make up day race. Senior was quite irate about the situation and actually loaded up and refused to run the remaining races. Irony was that Moyer Sr. had been so dominant early in the week that he still won the speedweek title without running the last 2 races. I remember Steve Norris going to get the trophy and as we were kidding him about it. That pretty much put an end to the ROY campaign for Jr. in Lucas.

Ryan21mid
11-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Billy won the Lucas ROY in 2013.

bleedblue55
11-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Billy won the Lucas ROY in 2013.

Thanks, I didn't look back to check anything just going by recall about the East Bay incident.