PDA

View Full Version : Window net

LIS20
11-13-2016, 01:17 AM
What is the recommended/usual way of mounting the lower rod/strap on a window net - everything shows the top mount but nothing about the lower mount -- thanks in advance

AmickRacing
11-17-2016, 02:43 PM
I've used a piece of 1" aluminum strap through the bottom of the net, riveted to the inside of the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit.

My preferred way is to rivet that same 1" strap to the outside edge of the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, then put the door (make sure the door has a hem so it doesn't cut the net). Now the door does most of the holding, but the strap is still under there to help hold it also.

Krooser
11-17-2016, 05:36 PM
I use a 1/4" diameter steel rod shaped into a 'u' and welded to the top door bar.

LM14
11-19-2016, 10:56 PM
I weld a piece of 1/2 OD x 3/8 Id tubing to the door bars where the bottom of the net falls to. Then I use a 1/4" rod thru the net and use a cotter pin thru each end of the lower bar. That way you can remove it if needed for repairs. We couldn't attach it to any sheetmetal by the rules, had to be cage on both top and bottom.

SPark