PDA

View Full Version : LRF Shock

SmithGT
11-15-2016, 08:27 PM
I want to try a LRF shock to help keep the car hiked. Gotta be non-adjustable oil shock. Can someone point me in the right direction for what I need to get?

Matt49
11-16-2016, 02:55 PM
I would start with about a 5 compression 0 rebound. These numbers being somewhat arbitrary as all shock valving numbers are. Just keep in mind that you are going to lose some initial LR drive by adding a shock to the front.

Krooser
12-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Am I correct in thinking that a LR traction shock with a high compression number would encourage the rear suspension to 'pogo stick' on a rough track? I have to think that you would lose traction with that rear end bouncing up and down...

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-27-2016, 05:25 AM
Am I correct in thinking that a LR traction shock with a high compression number would encourage the rear suspension to 'pogo stick' on a rough track? I have to think that you would lose traction with that rear end bouncing up and down...

Yes and no. When the bars are driving the chassis up in the lr corner, you have basically a rigid construction anyway. But yes, over damping is bad for traction.

Krooser
12-31-2016, 02:07 PM
Matt… I may have an AFCO shock that will work for you. I bought a box of shocks and all the Afco's are 5-0, 6-0 etc. They have the old style piston dsign but can be converted to shim stack technology… cheap to you!