11-29-2016, 06:03 AM
2016 King of Dirt
Scott a close 2nd
Pierce 3rd
Davenport 4th
Madden 5th

deadringer
11-29-2016, 06:18 AM
I disagree. Scott oversees everything as to where JR drives and daddy over sees everything else. Does he deserve to be in the top 3, absolutely, but I cant give him the king. I know I'll take heat over this. If your talking driver of the year I'd give it to him, but the word king makes me think of the best from all sides of racing and that would be Scotty. Just my 2 cents.

Josh Bayko
11-29-2016, 06:41 AM
That's just about right for 2016.

flagone
11-29-2016, 07:08 AM
It is Driver of the Year

zyoung25
11-29-2016, 07:49 AM
You give me a choice of which drivers year I'd rather have on my resume.....I'll take Richards'. He was dominant from get go in Florida in February, and never really hit a dry spell anytime throughout the year.

Even if it was the so called "minor league" to some, he beat Scott head to head more than Scott beat him. So it's hard to not give the nod to Richards.

TackyTracker
11-29-2016, 09:39 AM
I think they got it right

Bubstr
11-29-2016, 10:26 AM
How can it not be right? It's their Driver of the year poll. I do think it was right. For the guy that said Scott did all his own. Maybe next year he will delegate some of it and win Driver of the year like the smart guy did this year. jk

cmmg42
11-29-2016, 11:23 AM
Just put them head to head next year in the Lucas Oil Series and let'em fight each other. The dirtondirt interviews should be good.

Barbecueboy
11-29-2016, 12:00 PM
As much as I would like to argue that there should be someone else at the top for 2016, I can't.........

Josh ......not even close.

jog49
11-29-2016, 01:11 PM
Correct.....but there are those that think the #1 has cruise control and GPS. I'm pretty sure he had to drive that car himself and that said, did a bang-up job in 2016.

george w
11-29-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm not a huge fan of either, if you look at how they decided with the head to head of wins/finishes against each other with the year both of them had i think thats a good way to decipher .....

dirtdobber45
11-29-2016, 02:11 PM
Congrats to Josh. He deserves it

zach51
11-29-2016, 02:14 PM
0....is how many chits Scott gives, which is also his number ironically.

ReignMan23
11-29-2016, 05:16 PM
Congrats to Kid Rocket. Definitely earned it. Bloom is too busy counting his race winnings to care that much about some poll/ranking system. They each ended up with 20 some wins but Scott won the money shows. Hard to compare the 2 being they were the best in their given series. We know Scott will be up front next year, but will Kid Rocket pick up where he left off?We'll see....

Centeroff
11-29-2016, 07:12 PM
The crew at DOD are salesmen. They make a living selling ads on there websight so you gotta pay the bills and go with Rocket. Josh couldn't win the big one this year but he won several races. I'm biased so naturally I'm going with Scott but can't argue the fact that they are 1 and 2 and very far ahead of the rest right now. Just hope we get a see these two race for a Lucas championship next season!

PennDirt
11-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Bloom is too busy counting his race winnings to care that much about some poll/ranking system.

Some? SOME?! This is DoD we're talking about here. Gospel. Creator. Annointer of 35 Crown Jewel races.

http://i.imgur.com/CfG8RJs.png

klemmabyna
11-29-2016, 08:12 PM
my current sobriety prevents me from having a lot of fun with this thread.

fryefan
11-29-2016, 09:16 PM
Josh Richards was clearly the Driver of the Year.

Centeroff
11-29-2016, 10:46 PM
All right fryefan. How was he clearly the driver of the year? Besides the Pittsburgher what did he do? Flopped at the world, dream, DTWC, firecracker, and others. You have to win the big ones to say clearly. I can't say he wasn't the best this year but he definatly wasn't clearly the nations top driver. I'm a zero fan but I can't say he was clearly the best either. I think the 1 and zero were clearly the top 2 but could have went either way. Fact is Josh is only gonna get better and my boy Scott is probably on the downside. Let's just hope we get to see them racing each other for the Lucas oil title next season! Tell you the truth, I hope TMac or a sleeper wins it.

swartzman
11-30-2016, 05:57 AM
The true test will be how josh does without dad being there.. scott makes his decision's and performs. The question now is can josh if he is in a different series away from his dad..

Josh Bayko
11-30-2016, 07:40 AM
All right fryefan. How was he clearly the driver of the year? Besides the Pittsburgher what did he do? Flopped at the world, dream, DTWC, firecracker, and others. You have to win the big ones to say clearly. I can't say he wasn't the best this year but he definatly wasn't clearly the nations top driver. I'm a zero fan but I can't say he was clearly the best either. I think the 1 and zero were clearly the top 2 but could have went either way. Fact is Josh is only gonna get better and my boy Scott is probably on the downside. Let's just hope we get to see them racing each other for the Lucas oil title next season! Tell you the truth, I hope TMac or a sleeper wins it.

The times they actually raced each other, Josh won more races than Scott. You're very stupid.

dirtdobber45
11-30-2016, 08:21 AM
2016 King of DirtScott a close 2ndPierce 3rdDavenport 4thMadden 5thI looked over the wins for the top 5 and heres what I came up with. Josh 27 Scott 20 Bobby 23 JD 20 Madden 12. Now if you break those wins down by money (10k or more) Scott 19 Josh 17 JD 8 Bobby 7 Madden 5. And if you want to break it down even more Scott had 6 wins of 20k+ Josh 3 the rest 1. Im a Bloomquist fan but like I said earlier Josh deserves the title.

Highside Hustler25
11-30-2016, 08:27 AM
I looked over the wins for the top 5 and heres what I came up with. Josh 27 Scott 20 Bobby 23 JD 20 Madden 12. Now if you break those wins down by money (10k or more) Scott 19 Josh 17 JD 8 Bobby 7 Madden 5. And if you want to break it down even more Scott had 6 wins of 20k+ Josh 3 the rest 1. Im a Bloomquist fan but like I said earlier Josh deserves the title.

They all had kick azz seasons. Like Josh said, the head to head battles between Scott and Josh probably determines the winner in this one. Josh pretty much dominated when the 2 were on the track together. All in all, the top 5 all had seasons that most dirt racers can only dream about.

calverton
11-30-2016, 08:29 AM
Hey centeroff what did scott do at the world and dream lmfao

TackyTracker
11-30-2016, 08:44 AM
dude you need to stop

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-30-2016, 08:49 AM
The times they actually raced each other, Josh won more races than Scott. You're very stupid.

Is that not very seasonally weighted? (Florida). Where Richards got a head start and Scott was mostly Scott?

Ryan21mid
11-30-2016, 09:04 AM

Josh was my clear cut #1. He cleaned their clocks on the WoO, won the USA Nationals Pittsburgher, and PDC, dominated both series Speedweeks. Also ran 2nd @ the Dream, 3rd @ DTWC, 2nd @ Firecracker so not sure how he flopped in those?

Josh Bayko
11-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Is that not very seasonally weighted? (Florida). Where Richards got a head start and Scott was mostly Scott?

None of that matters. Head to head, Richards was better just about every time they were on the track together. One notable exception was the Firecracker, but guess who was second that night?

zyoung25
11-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Josh was my clear cut #1. He cleaned their clocks on the WoO, won the USA Nationals Pittsburgher, and PDC, dominated both series Speedweeks. Also ran 2nd @ the Dream, 3rd @ DTWC, 2nd @ Firecracker so not sure how he flopped in those?

The dude is just trying to start an argument, seems to be all that he's good at. He wants to talk smack about the DoD guys, and how their rocket salesmen. Pretty sure Josh was the number #1 rocket salesman this year winning races. The Richards gang don't need help from anyone selling cars, they never have.

W2Racing09
11-30-2016, 10:09 AM

Speedweeks is part of calendar year 2016. Its not seasonally weighted, each win is considered equally. Considering the checks all cash the same, the points all add up the same and the drivers all show up to race I see no reason why Speedweeks wins would matter less.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Bubstr
11-30-2016, 10:50 AM
There is no doubt, all of the top 5 had a tremendous year. Some won more money. Some won more races. Some won more in head to head competition. To me, the number one driver is the guy that will get you to go that extra mile to see him race. Not being a traditional fan of any but a fan of all, I'd say Bobby Pierce was Number one. When he came to race, he wasn't just part of the show. He was the show. All though he didn't win them all, He was fun to watch, coming from deep in the pack, to win or almost win. It gives me the kind of feeling, like Birky's last lap pass of Bloomquist at the World or Knoxville or some of the come from behind wins of JD in 2015. Next year Pierce may be the giant, but this year, he was Jack the Giant killer. I'll vote Pierce, the most fun to watch, if not the best.

birky time
11-30-2016, 11:43 AM
There is no doubt, all of the top 5 had a tremendous year. Some won more money. Some won more races. Some won more in head to head competition. To me, the number one driver is the guy that will get you to go that extra mile to see him race. Not being a traditional fan of any but a fan of all, I'd say Bobby Pierce was Number one. When he came to race, he wasn't just part of the show. He was the show. All though he didn't win them all, He was fun to watch, coming from deep in the pack, to win or almost win. It gives me the kind of feeling, like Birky's last lap pass of Bloomquist at the World or Knoxville or some of the come from behind wins of JD in 2015. Next year Pierce may be the giant, but this year, he was Jack the Giant killer. I'll vote Pierce, the most fun to watch, if not the best.

I agree with this good post i like routing for the underdog

Highside Hustler25
11-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Hey centeroff what did scott do at the world and dream lmfao

dude you need to stop

Exactly. Enough is enough.

Highside Hustler25
11-30-2016, 11:59 AM

Amen to that Bubstr. I've been preaching that all year but get knocked down every time. I'd say 80% of the shows I attended this year, Bobby was the show. Being a Feger fan, it was frustrating at times but the kid is that good so I've got to give him his props.
If their was a award for Most Fun To Watch, I'd give it to Bobby hands down. No contest.

Josh Bayko
11-30-2016, 12:25 PM

Different strokes for different folks. I personally find Dale McDowell to be the most fun to watch. He's just so incredibly smooth with his driving.

Snake X3
11-30-2016, 01:46 PM
How many of those Speedweeks features were much longer than a Bmain? Florida is way over valued for the purpose of determining driver performance for the season. It's great for fans and fun, but if you've got your stuff right out of the gate (house cars have a big advantage here) and you're good at those couple of tracks, you can rack up a lot of wins that would take you two months to get otherwise. I'm not saying they aren't legit wins, but winning 25 lap Speedweek features at three tracks are way over-rated.

I look forward to seeing Josh join the Lucas tour so we can see the guys that want to be contenders for Driver of the Year battle it out. If Shep, Clanton or JD win 20 races on some junior circuit I will be just as frustrated if they are being considered for Driver of the Year...especially if they don't win a good chunk of high dollar races.

NY DIRT
11-30-2016, 01:58 PM
How many of those Speedweeks features were much longer than a Bmain? Florida is way over valued for the purpose of determining driver performance for the season. It's great for fans and fun, but if you've got your stuff right out of the gate (house cars have a big advantage here) and you're good at those couple of tracks, you can rack up a lot of wins that would take you two months to get otherwise. I'm not saying they aren't legit wins, but winning 25 lap Speedweek features at three tracks are way over-rated.

I look forward to seeing Josh join the Lucas tour so we can see the guys that want to be contenders for Driver of the Year battle it out. If Shep, Clanton or JD win 20 races on some junior circuit I will be just as frustrated if they are being considered for Driver of the Year...especially if they don't win a good chunk of high dollar races.

Tell me which track was it that had a 25 lap super late model feature during speedweek last winter? Eastbay, Volusia, or are you just blowing smoke out of your a$$

Barbecueboy
11-30-2016, 02:26 PM
I agree with this good post i like routing for the underdog

Ditto .......

Ryan21mid
11-30-2016, 03:12 PM
11 of 18 Speedweeks races this year were 40 laps or more, 2 were 25 and 3 30 and 1 was 35. Josh out-performed Scott head to head no matter how many laps they ran or what time of year, it is what it is, we're 31 days away from a new season.

W2Racing09
11-30-2016, 04:09 PM

Josh Richards had the third most wins on the LOLMDS this season and he only ran 11 of their races. He set the all time wins record on the WoO, which has a bunch of high quality teams following who are competitive when they race against LOLMDS as well (Clanton, and Overton both have won races Bloomquist, Davenport, Owens, etc were in multiple times this season). He beat Bloomquist head to head by almost a 2:1 ratio.

Also, those Speedweeks races -- the vast majority of them (especially the ones won by Josh) are more than 25 laps. He beat Bloomquist and Davenport in a 60 lap event at GI, and won another there as well. He won two races (110 total laps, $25,000 total) in the first weekend of the LOLMDS season. He won a few shorter races as well at East Bay, but then won three at Volusia that were not particularly short.

After Speedweeks he went on to get a bunch more wins, 6 of which paid more than $10k including the $20k at PPMS, $26k at FALS, and $50k at Cedar Lake (Bloomquist had one $50k win as well). He finished second at the Dream (a race Bloomquist didn't even qualify for) and 3rd at the DTWC (Bloomquist 11th). He lost one big money race to Bloomquist (Firecracker) but otherwise beat him in the rest of the Big Money shows he ran against him. I don't really know what metric you would like to use in determining who the best driver is but I'm not sure how it could come out with anybody but Richards at the top.

dirtdobber45
11-30-2016, 05:32 PM
Josh Richards had the third most wins on the LOLMDS this season and he only ran 11 of their races. He set the all time wins record on the WoO, which has a bunch of high quality teams following who are competitive when they race against LOLMDS as well (Clanton, and Overton both have won races Bloomquist, Davenport, Owens, etc were in multiple times this season). He beat Bloomquist head to head by almost a 2:1 ratio. Also, those Speedweeks races -- the vast majority of them (especially the ones won by Josh) are more than 25 laps. He beat Bloomquist and Davenport in a 60 lap event at GI, and won another there as well. He won two races (110 total laps, $25,000 total) in the first weekend of the LOLMDS season. He won a few shorter races as well at East Bay, but then won three at Volusia that were not particularly short. After Speedweeks he went on to get a bunch more wins, 6 of which paid more than $10k including the $20k at PPMS, $26k at FALS, and $50k at Cedar Lake (Bloomquist had one $50k win as well). He finished second at the Dream (a race Bloomquist didn't even qualify for) and 3rd at the DTWC (Bloomquist 11th). He lost one big money race to Bloomquist (Firecracker) but otherwise beat him in the rest of the Big Money shows he ran against him. I don't really know what metric you would like to use in determining who the best driver is but I'm not sure how it could come out with anybody but Richards at the top.What were the other 3 he won that was over 20k?

a25rjr
11-30-2016, 07:40 PM
Based on the competition, I would give the nod to Bloomer.

btw....Im a josh fan also!

Clayton_Wetter
11-30-2016, 08:07 PM
2016 King of Dirt
Scott a close 2nd
Pierce 3rd
Davenport 4th
Madden 5th

http://creationsafaris.com/images/BM-BaloneyDetector-lg.jpg

I see the usual list of haters chiming in on this one. hahhahhaaaa

Clayton_Wetter
11-30-2016, 08:12 PM
So who decided DoD was entitled to speak for everyone? Just themselves, that's who.

calverton
11-30-2016, 08:17 PM
if you would subscribe you would know that many writers are involved in the voting , don't get your panties all bunch its just a few writers saying that one driver is above the rest no big deal

PennDirt
11-30-2016, 08:40 PM
So who decided DoD was entitled to speak for everyone? Just themselves, that's who.

repped [green]

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-30-2016, 08:47 PM
Speedweeks is part of calendar year 2016. Its not seasonally weighted, each win is considered equally. Considering the checks all cash the same, the points all add up the same and the drivers all show up to race I see no reason why Speedweeks wins would matter less.

Thanks,
Jeff.

It means Richards was better in Feb. No way he outruns zero consistently during the summer of 16.

If Feb is your sample, Davenport beats zero too. And T Mac was ahead or even in points.

W2Racing09
12-01-2016, 09:34 AM
What were the other 3 he won that was over 20k?

I never said he won six races that were over $20k, I said he won six races that were over $10k -- here are the other three.

Illini 100: $15k
Deer Creek: $12k
World Finals: $12k

Thanks,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
12-01-2016, 09:52 AM
It means Richards was better in Feb. No way he outruns zero consistently during the summer of 16.

If Feb is your sample, Davenport beats zero too. And T Mac was ahead or even in points.

If February does not count then why should April, or June, or August? Bloomquist and Richards raced together 23 times throughout the ENTIRE season (from when it started until when it ended) and Richards beat him 16 times out of 23 races.

But just to put your mind at ease.

If we don't consider Speedweeks at all (Richards finished ahead of Bloomquist 3 times at Golden Isles, 3 times at Eastbay and once at Ocala, then he beat Bloomquist twice at Volusia and Bloomquist beat Richards twice at Volusia). If you remove all of those races it will bring the total for the remainder of the year to 12 total races and Richards beating Bloomquist by a margin of 7 to 5 if my math is correct.

However like I said before, the checks cash the same, the points count the same and all the drivers show up after having several months to prepare their equipment. There is no reason not to count the start of the regular season. It certainly counts in every other sport. I can almost see not counting racing in AZ (All of the best are not there, and they go off rules from the previous year) but Speedweeks is the official start to the season.

Thanks,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
12-01-2016, 09:56 AM

Nobody said they speak for you or any of the other people complaining. Its not like the list is official or means anything beyond website clicks and a few shares on Twitter. It gets a lot of attention because most of us respect their opinion and they back up most all of their decisions with facts.

Bubstr
12-01-2016, 11:34 AM
DOD just ran that flag up. It's up to you, if you want to salute it or burn it. Hey, you can even sew up your own flag.

onlyfacts
12-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Speed Sport must have gotten it wrong also.https://speedsport.com/media/videos/video-tops-speed-sport-power-rankings/

rickybrown1952
12-01-2016, 01:11 PM
So is it for sure that Josh will be running the LUCAS Oil Series

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-01-2016, 01:34 PM
If February does not count then why should April, or June, or August? Bloomquist and Richards raced together 23 times throughout the ENTIRE season (from when it started until when it ended) and Richards beat him 16 times out of 23 races.

But just to put your mind at ease.

If we don't consider Speedweeks at all (Richards finished ahead of Bloomquist 3 times at Golden Isles, 3 times at Eastbay and once at Ocala, then he beat Bloomquist twice at Volusia and Bloomquist beat Richards twice at Volusia). If you remove all of those races it will bring the total for the remainder of the year to 12 total races and Richards beating Bloomquist by a margin of 7 to 5 if my math is correct.

However like I said before, the checks cash the same, the points count the same and all the drivers show up after having several months to prepare their equipment. There is no reason not to count the start of the regular season. It certainly counts in every other sport. I can almost see not counting racing in AZ (All of the best are not there, and they go off rules from the previous year) but Speedweeks is the official start to the season.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I didn't say throw it out. But clearly, one small time frame was given a huge statistical overweight when considering head to head performance. That has to be acknowledged when throwing the numbers out there.

W2Racing09
12-01-2016, 02:58 PM
I didn't say throw it out. But clearly, one small time frame was given a huge statistical overweight when considering head to head performance. That has to be acknowledged when throwing the numbers out there.

I don't think they weighted February races anymore than July races or September races. I think you are saying that a race in February should be worth less than a race in July, which I disagree with. Every race, all year should be weighted based on the purse, strength of field, etc. not the month within which it occurs.

Are you saying February should matter less because so many races occur close together and that if someone is more prepared they will be better at all races since there are no breaks? I think that is a big part of racing, if Bloomquist was less prepared going into Speedweeks then that is on him.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-01-2016, 03:41 PM
I don't think they weighted February races anymore than July races or September races. I think you are saying that a race in February should be worth less than a race in July, which I disagree with. Every race, all year should be weighted based on the purse, strength of field, etc. not the month within which it occurs.

Are you saying February should matter less because so many races occur close together and that if someone is more prepared they will be better at all races since there are no breaks? I think that is a big part of racing, if Bloomquist was less prepared going into Speedweeks then that is on him.

The vote is driver of the year. If half your data comes from Feb, it is overweighted. Yes, Richards invested more into Feb than anyone. But that isn't really most of the argument.

zach51
12-01-2016, 03:54 PM
A marketing genius would try to sell an autographed Richards dildo to you guys, they would sell rocket-fast.

W2Racing09
12-01-2016, 04:25 PM
The vote is driver of the year. If half your data comes from Feb, it is overweighted. Yes, Richards invested more into Feb than anyone. But that isn't really most of the argument.

How do you see half of the data coming from February?

Thanks,
Jeff.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-01-2016, 04:29 PM
I think the top 3 is spot on.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-01-2016, 04:31 PM
All right fryefan. How was he clearly the driver of the year? Besides the Pittsburgher what did he do? Flopped at the world, dream, DTWC, firecracker, and others. You have to win the big ones to say clearly. I can't say he wasn't the best this year but he definatly wasn't clearly the nations top driver. I'm a zero fan but I can't say he was clearly the best either. I think the 1 and zero were clearly the top 2 but could have went either way. Fact is Josh is only gonna get better and my boy Scott is probably on the downside. Let's just hope we get to see them racing each other for the Lucas oil title next season! Tell you the truth, I hope TMac or a sleeper wins it.How'd Scott do at Eldora?

chupp n bloomer fan
12-01-2016, 04:38 PM
What were the other 3 he won that was over 20k?

Illini 100: $15k
Deer Creek: $12k
World Finals: $12k

Thanks,
Jeff.Isn't his question races over $20k?

chupp n bloomer fan
12-01-2016, 04:40 PM
There is no doubt, all of the top 5 had a tremendous year. Some won more money. Some won more races. Some won more in head to head competition. To me, the number one driver is the guy that will get you to go that extra mile to see him race. Not being a traditional fan of any but a fan of all, I'd say Bobby Pierce was Number one. When he came to race, he wasn't just part of the show. He was the show. All though he didn't win them all, He was fun to watch, coming from deep in the pack, to win or almost win. It gives me the kind of feeling, like Birky's last lap pass of Bloomquist at the World or Knoxville or some of the come from behind wins of JD in 2015. Next year Pierce may be the giant, but this year, he was Jack the Giant killer. I'll vote Pierce, the most fun to watch, if not the best.Only reason he wasn't higher to me is because he still is staying more regional than the top 2. He won the top race, and the N/S, but I'm guessing his mostly regional schedule is why.

ReignMan23
12-01-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm with you Chup, not sure if Jeff over at W2Racing can read but the question clearly asks to name the 3 other wins OVER $20,000, not under. We should also add extra categories to appease the masses.Driver of the Year-RichardsMost Exciting-PierceMost Money Made-BloomquistDriver of the year and most exciting would both be subjective.Most money made is purely objective.Just figured I'd throw some more gasoline on this blaze of a thread to keep it rollin.

Bubstr
12-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Only reason he wasn't higher to me is because he still is staying more regional than the top 2. He won the top race, and the N/S, but I'm guessing his mostly regional schedule is why.

The regional schedule should be in favor of the regional drivers. Look at all those provisionals they didn't get. They got those wins the old fashion way.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-01-2016, 08:16 PM
The regional schedule should be in favor of the regional drivers. Look at all those provisionals they didn't get. They got those wins the old fashion way.And Bloomer and Richards most certainly got there's the old fashioned way against better competition for the most part. I'm not dogging Bobby, he did very well this year with the N/S and the World.. Their ranking is a national ranking over the entire year. Regionally Pierce and Madden are your top 2.

calverton
12-01-2016, 08:24 PM
I hate provisionals

W2Racing09
12-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Isn't his question races over $20k?

Ah, apologies didn't read his post fully.

I had said Richards won six races that paid more than $10k -- then I listed his three biggest wins. Then the poster asked what the other three that were over $20k were. Since I never said he won 6 over $20k I didn't even finish reading his post and listed the other three over $10k like I had origionally stated.

W2Racing09
12-01-2016, 10:08 PM
I'm with you Chup, not sure if Jeff over at W2Racing can read but the question clearly asks to name the 3 other wins OVER $20,000, not under. We should also add extra categories to appease the masses.Driver of the Year-RichardsMost Exciting-PierceMost Money Made-BloomquistDriver of the year and most exciting would both be subjective.Most money made is purely objective.Just figured I'd throw some more gasoline on this blaze of a thread to keep it rollin.

Lets give everyone participation trophies too.

I explained my post in the message above, and apologized (although I'm not sure where the origional poster was asking about an additional three races over $20k which I never mentioned, I mentioned he had six wins that paid more than $10k, listed three and he asked what the other three over $20k were...)

Also, both Bloomquist and Richards were in the $600k range for money made -- not sure which one was higher.

Thanks,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
12-01-2016, 10:10 PM
The regional schedule should be in favor of the regional drivers. Look at all those provisionals they didn't get. They got those wins the old fashion way.

Look at all the Provisionals Bloomqusit and Richards used too.. barely any. Those Regional wins are against a Regional strength of field too. Which isn't nearly as challenging as racing against Davenport, Clanton, Lanigan, Overton, etc. week in and week out. Pierce had a great season and to be even mentioned in the top three running his kind of schedule is impressive -- but the only possible argument is between Richards and Bloomquist for #1.

Thanks,
Jeff.

calverton
12-01-2016, 10:15 PM
sorry Richards be it with bloomer being illegal as many time as he has as far as 20 k wins its kinda hard when your schedule does not allow it

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-02-2016, 05:38 AM
How do you see half of the data coming from February?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Half the times they went head to head.

dirtdobber45
12-02-2016, 07:45 AM
My apologies fellas I read Jeff post wrong. Josh only had 3 wins over 20k. He did have 6 that were over 10k. My bad

dirtdobber45
12-02-2016, 07:47 AM
And Bloomer and Richards most certainly got there's the old fashioned way against better competition for the most part. I'm not dogging Bobby, he did very well this year with the N/S and the World.. Their ranking is a national ranking over the entire year. Regionally Pierce and Madden are your top 2.Id add McDowell to that mix of regional drivers

nuff said
12-02-2016, 07:54 AM
Ya'll do realize it's DOD's opinion on who they think the driver of the year is don't you ? They are not deciding for each of us individually.If Lucas had a driver of the year I'm sure it would be Bloonquist,WOO would be RichardsThe amount of bickering over someone's opinion is comical.Carry on.

calverton
12-02-2016, 08:03 AM
nuff said lol

W2Racing09
12-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Half the times they went head to head.

The other half of the times Richards still beat him though.

Thanks,
Jeff.

TackyTracker
12-02-2016, 09:56 AM
could Bobby have snuck in there had he not had a flat at the Show Me... memory serves me that Pierce was taking lead over Owens..
Also Bobby really didn't do anything during speedweeks and I wonder had he won a couple shows down there could he have possibly got #1 and been justified
JD was clear runaway in 2015 so it was nice to have more than 1 driver have a chance this year & 2017 can't get here soon enough

zyoung25
12-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Wasn't there another driver of th year award before DoD done it? I thought it was something like, rpm driver of the year?

Whatever happened to that deal?

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-02-2016, 10:33 AM
The other half of the times Richards still beat him though.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Without diving into it, it is certainly less than definitive.

W2Racing09
12-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Without diving into it, it is certainly less than definitive.

He beat Bloomquist 7-5 in the remaining races of the season following Speedweeks. I agree it isn't definitive, but I'm sure that is factored into the reasoning. Without even considering the head to head or Speedweeks it isn't definitive either. But since there is no point to removing either of those facts (Speedweeks, and the Head to Head during and after Speedweeks) then I do think it becomes definitive. Richards had an excellent complete year, at no point in the season was Bloomquist much better than Richards. They both had streaks but during the season they were the only two drivers at their level. Maybe Speedweeks is the deciding factor, but there is nothing wrong with that because those races did occur and Richards was dominant in most of them.

Thanks,
Jeff.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Ya'll do realize it's DOD's opinion on who they think the driver of the year is don't you ? They are not deciding for each of us individually.If Lucas had a driver of the year I'm sure it would be Bloonquist,WOO would be RichardsThe amount of bickering over someone's opinion is comical.Carry on.No, we all had no idea DoD put this out as an opinion based rating.

They ranked it right by anyone who looks at it unbiased.

Highside Hustler25
12-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Let me try to simplify this for some that are seeming to struggle with the facts.

Scott and Josh raced head to head 23 times. Josh finished ahead of Bloomer 16 times. Do the math.

Josh entered 11 Lucas events.

He won 6 of those.

He was top 3 ten times. That means he was top 3 in every Lucas event except for 1.

If their is still any doubt, sorry. You are brain dead.

nuff said
12-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Don't try to use logic and facts with some of this crowd.And remember,races in Feb. don't count.Or maybe it's races in Florida,I'm not sure which.

TerryM
12-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Let me try to simplify this for some that are seeming to struggle with the facts.

Scott and Josh raced head to head 23 times. Josh finished ahead of Bloomer 16 times. Do the math.

He won 6 of those.

He was top 3 ten times. That means he was top 3 in every Lucas event except for 1.

This should be common sense to anyone with half a brain. But. of course, that excludes a few knuckleheads on this site.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Don't try to use logic and facts with some of this crowd.And remember,races in Feb. don't count.Or maybe it's races in Florida,I'm not sure which.Says the guy who had to point out the Captain Obvious.

It's an opinion based site and people are giving their opinions on the rankings by DoD.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-02-2016, 06:47 PM

He won 6 of those.

If their is still any doubt, sorry. You are brain dead.Well said.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-03-2016, 05:48 AM

He won 6 of those.

Josh sure wore Scott out in Speed weeks. That's my math.

dirtdobber45
12-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Let me try to simplify this for some that are seeming to struggle with the facts.Scott and Josh raced head to head 23 times. Josh finished ahead of Bloomer 16 times. Do the math.Josh entered 11 Lucas events.He won 6 of those.He was top 3 ten times. That means he was top 3 in every Lucas event except for 1.If their is still any doubt, sorry. You are brain dead.
Josh sure wore Scott out in Speed weeks. That's my math.Josh wore him out all year...lol Like I said Josh deserves the crown this year. Its not aerospace engineering lol

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Josh wore him out all year...lol Like I said Josh deserves the crown this year. Its not aerospace engineering lol

All year? Um, no. He did wear out a bunch of has been on the woo all year.

calverton
12-03-2016, 09:48 AM
but who kicked both of their butts the few times he raced them

dirtdobber45
12-03-2016, 10:38 AM
All year? Um, no. He did wear out a bunch of has been on the woo all year.He wore Scott out in head to head action. WoO is like you said bunch of has beens.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-03-2016, 11:12 AM
but who kicked both of their butts the few times he raced themWhole year Litey, not two races.

Now that Moyer is really slowing down, you getting you some fresh young meat I see.

dirtdobber45
12-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Now that Moyer is really slowing down, you getting you some fresh young meat I see.That just dont sound right...lol

chupp n bloomer fan
12-03-2016, 01:36 PM
That just dont sound right...lolLmao, no, no it don't, just stating the obvious.

dirtdobber45
12-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Lmao, no, no it don't, just stating the obvious.I know but that was just too funny lol

TUTY
12-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Owens, ONeil, Francis r they has beens?

Clayton_Wetter
12-03-2016, 05:17 PM

He won 6 of those.

You gotta show documentation or we know it's just your agenda once again. hahahahhaahaa

You failed to mention that Bloomquist was not even at one of those races that Richards won, so it was actually dead even in Lucas events in wins.

Clayton_Wetter
12-03-2016, 05:18 PM
but who kicked both of their butts the few times he raced them

So!!! The sidewalk kicks your butt every day!!! hahahhaaaaa

calverton
12-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Not me but you take that chance when you get out mommies basement have you see the sun lately clayton i doubt it

calverton
12-03-2016, 05:25 PM
BOY THAT WAS TOUGH http://www.latemodelracer.com/cgi-bin/yabb3/YaBB.pl?num=1264701292

chupp n bloomer fan
12-03-2016, 06:02 PM
BOY THAT WAS TOUGH http://www.latemodelracer.com/cgi-bin/yabb3/YaBB.pl?num=1264701292The copy and paste King.

Clayton_Wetter
12-03-2016, 06:03 PM
BOY THAT WAS TOUGH http://www.latemodelracer.com/cgi-bin/yabb3/YaBB.pl?num=1264701292

Five wins apiece against each other, Zero was not even in one of the races Richards won.

calverton
12-03-2016, 06:36 PM
five wins apiece against each other, zero was not even in one of the races richards won.oh that's right he got there too late lmfao but 5 wins out of 11 kinda of impressive but this will make yopu feel better richards got lapped at the world 100 by a 19 year old lol

dirtdobber45
12-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Owens, ONeil, Francis r they has beens?We were talking about WoO drivers list not Lucas.

calverton
12-03-2016, 09:26 PM
oneal francis are has been owens not yet but getting close

Snake X3
12-04-2016, 03:43 AM
I don't really know what metric you would like to use in determining who the best driver is but I'm not sure how it could come out with anybody but Richards at the top.

I use the metric of who won the top series DLM series, which was Scott Bloomquist. Week in, week out, Scott competed in the top series. Scott wins.

If WoO was even close to being as competitive as Lucas (as it had been at other times) then it would be different. I think Josh realized that as well and wants to prove he can win at an elite level, which is why he left his daddy's team. I think he proved he's ready to race at that level and look forward to seeing what he can do on the Lucas series.

calverton
12-04-2016, 07:12 AM
top to who