PDA

View Full Version : How far are you coming for the Gateway Nationals ?

BigNasty
11-29-2016, 08:49 PM
personally , I'm flying in from South Dakota . Chiefs game on Sunday ! little weekend racecation !!

aflack83
11-29-2016, 09:08 PM
Coming from Kentucky. About a 6.5 hour drive for my brother and I.

calverton
11-29-2016, 09:48 PM
13 miles for me might even come by soul train aka metrolink

plunks7
11-29-2016, 11:32 PM

Good thing!! You might get hurt walking. :)

Iowa around 6 hour drive. Can't wait!!!!

callmez
11-30-2016, 02:38 AM
From Knoxville, TN -- about 7 hours' drive.

zyoung25
11-30-2016, 03:06 AM
A lil under 6.5 from my driveway I'm south central Ohio.

flagone
11-30-2016, 05:26 AM
680 miles from SC

Barbecueboy
11-30-2016, 06:53 AM
64 feet.........from front door to recliner and Samsung plasma 50.......you guys have a ton of fun, see you up there next year, I'm dod ing it in 2016.

Ironic that litey is taking the soul train........what with his word scramble posts and all.

calverton
11-30-2016, 07:11 AM
Good thing!! You might get hurt walking. :) Iowa around 6 hour drive. Can't wait!!!!and may you fall on the ice that weekend

calverton
11-30-2016, 07:13 AM
64 feet.........from front door to recliner and Samsung plasma 50.......you guys have a ton of fun, see you up there next year, I'm dod ing it in 2016.Ironic that litey is taking the soul train........what with his word scramble posts and all.but I AM GOING and you will only get part of the experience

Barbecueboy
11-30-2016, 07:58 AM
but I AM GOING and you will only get part of the experience

I am envious of all that are........except for the face planting on the sidewalk risks and all of that.

I'll suffer through the hi def, walk to the fridge and grill, having the grand babies in my lap experience the best I can......y'all have a ton of fun.

Totally serious here, think hammerle will do pretty good........I think he makes the feature or is a serious threat too.( no, I have not been drinking bourbon for breakfast)
Would be the best story in motorsports for quite some time.

Haven't really been a fan of all the ( for lack of a better word) shell games played out on the net about the tickets , sell out, not sold out, driver entries hype etc., but have been a huge fan of the concept, the fortitude to design the show and see it through.

The names involved behind this are no joke , these guys know what they are doing in their respective roles and I see it being something that will be talked about for a very long time.........

Early Merry Christmas guys....hope somebody gets an early Christmas present in St. Louis when their favorite wins.

calverton
11-30-2016, 08:27 AM
Hammerlee will hard pressed making the amain but just like true racer he is not words but speedway ill words he is one of three finalist this year mike is true to the blue racer and having fun no matter what the outcome, yes the ticket shenigans got me pizzed off also but still going always like to the very first event of its kind

ptown
11-30-2016, 08:31 AM
How many late models and modifieds are gonna be there?

CIRF
11-30-2016, 08:58 AM
We'll be coming about 2 1/2 hours down I-55 for the Friday night action at St. Louis. After the action is over in St. Louis we'll make the 1 hour 30 minute drive East to Whittington, IL to our rooms on Rend Lake. Saturday morning we'll do breakfast in Du Quoin and then go hang around the pit area at The Southern Illinois Center and talk to some old friends we haven't seen in a while. Then around 1 PM when the stands open up we'll tape down a blanket in preparation for the Knepper 55. After that we'll prolly go uptown Du Quoin to the St. Nicholas Brewery for some craft beer and and great food. By that time it'll be near 4PM and the start of hot laps!!

One of the guys in our group who will be with us at Du Quoin will no doubt be checking out the St. Louis event on Periscope periodically to see what is going on over in St. Louis. Nothin' like killin' two birds with one stone!

Hope everyone that attends a race that weekend gets to watch good racing and has a great time whether it be at Du Quoin or St. Louis. It'll be a week before Christmas and a magical time of year made even more magical by the opportunity to watch dirt racing in the Midwest.

Really looking forward to the whole weekend. Merry Christmas!!

westlingracing
11-30-2016, 09:06 AM
About 110mi and making a mini vacation out of it. Staying 4 nights at the Crown Plaza Hotel a block or two away from the race.

dmr37
11-30-2016, 09:07 AM
13 miles for me might even come by soul train aka metrolinkWatch the schedule. Last westbound Metrolink train is at 12:04

muddy mike
11-30-2016, 09:10 AM
coming from Bellvegas. I hope Barbequeboy is right about Hammerle but qualifying is the problem i think he could possibly race his way in if he has a good starting spot in the heats but hes not the best at time trials.

calverton
11-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Nor tacky track for Mike the slicker the better

powerslide
11-30-2016, 10:12 AM
446 mi, with a stop in Eagle Rock Missouri on the way up.

Bubstr
11-30-2016, 11:10 AM
I think the boys from Illinois have a distinct advantage. They seem to be in the minority that race these very short and tight tracks yearly. Pierce, Babb, Erb, Sheppard, Feger, Unzinger and don't rule out Keven Weaver the flat land flash.

One thing is for sure. No one will have book on this track, because it has never been before.

Barbecueboy
11-30-2016, 02:37 PM
How many late models and modifieds are gonna be there?

400 cars total.........entry list has been full since about a week after the event was announced.

150 lm
250 mods is what was reported.

calverton
11-30-2016, 03:57 PM
Going to be interesting

Clayton_Wetter
11-30-2016, 04:09 PM

Your not even going. You're still on house arrest!!!! :)

calverton
11-30-2016, 05:04 PM
Really got tickets for all three nights

Clayton_Wetter
11-30-2016, 05:29 PM
Really got tickets for all three nights

Still up to your scalping game, I see.

calverton
11-30-2016, 05:36 PM
No paid face value and will be there thursday afternoon

calverton
11-30-2016, 05:49 PM
there might a few more southern il boys that will do well also

rickybrown1952
11-30-2016, 06:14 PM
3 hrs from poplar bluff mo Saturday only

Clayton_Wetter
11-30-2016, 06:29 PM
No paid face value and will be there thursday afternoon

Heard you were at Eldora all day Saturday buying tickets from people as cheap as you could and then reselling them for "face value". hahhahahahaahahaaaaa

calverton
11-30-2016, 08:24 PM
Nope not me wouldn't waste my ttimei go for the event and event only

dirt crow
12-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Not going anymore. Talk to alot of people in the know. Good chance it'll be a flop but I hope they're wrong. Be watching at home on dod ppv.

calverton
12-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Every event can be a flop that's the chance you take

CIRF
12-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Not going anymore. Talk to alot of people in the know. Good chance it'll be a flop but I hope they're wrong. Be watching at home on dod ppv.dc, I've been hearing the same thing.

I also hope they're wrong.

calverton
12-01-2016, 02:14 PM
You are not going anyway besides that Lil event in southern il is the flop been there done that

ptown
12-01-2016, 02:46 PM
dc, I've been hearing the same thing.

I also hope they're wrong.

Not going anymore. Talk to alot of people in the know. Good chance it'll be a flop but I hope they're wrong. Be watching at home on dod ppv.

I've said this from the beginning inside racing never works out, yea I know about the Chilli Bowl. I'm glad I wasn't one of those suckers that ran out and spent several hundred dollars on tickets almost a year in advance.....But I do hope it's successful, I'm going to wait and see how things go then make my decision Friday or Saturday morning. The fact there are going to be 250 mortifieds horrifies me.

CIRF
12-01-2016, 02:47 PM
You are not going anyway besides that Lil event in southern il is the flop been there done thatMr. imbecile, how do you know I'm not going?

I have been there and done that almost every time. A whole lot more times than you. I've only missed one of all that have been run in the SIC and that includes the shows run during the fair a few years ago. You're an illiterate half wit that wouldn't know a yawner from the best race ever run.

Now go work your face plant magic and do a bit more brain damage!! LOL!!

CIRF
12-01-2016, 02:49 PM
I've said this from the beginning inside racing never works out, yea I know about the Chilli Bowl. I'm glad I wasn't one of those suckers that ran out and spent several hundred dollars on tickets almost a year in advance.....But I do hope it's successful, I'm going to wait and see how things go then make my decision Friday or Saturday morning. The fact there are going to be 250 mortifieds horrifies me.

The prospect of 250 mortifieds is indeed horrifying!! LOL!!

CMatich
12-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Who are these "people in the know" you speak of dirt crow/CIRF? So far the only person "in the know" that has posted on this has been the actual promoter of the event. If these "in the know" people feel this way, why aren't they expressing their opinions to everyone?

Could this event be a success, failure or so-so? Yes. Nobody knows. No matter what big event we attend there is expenses involved so I'm not sure why that's an issue about attending. Either you can afford to play or not. Does just attending and paying expenses guarantee a great race or that your pro sport team will not lose and ruin your experience etc? No. We all know that going in.

We've all seen great races and bad races from Du Quoin to FALS to Eldora and all points in between. The Dome is really no different.

I guess the biggest issue with this event is the unfathomable costs and logistics to put this event on. One could only imagine. These factors dictate prices to attend as fans and teams but it has to be that way.

All in all it should be a great time in St Louis as us race fans take over:) Be thankful it's being tried and remember there are far more things to be concerned about in the world today.

FourDeepInTheFluff
12-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Will be taking in the early start time for DuQuoin, leave there and try to make it back to STL in time to catch the main event on the evening Saturday.

Ryan21mid
12-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Will be taking in the early start time for DuQuoin, leave there and try to make it back to STL in time to catch the main event on the evening Saturday.

Might be tough to pull off, Gateway starts hot laps at 3, usac starts at 4. All Gateway has to run Saturday is probably 15-20 races total, so if everything goes smooth they should be done at a decent time.

CIRF
12-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Who are these "people in the know" you speak of dirt crow/CIRF?The person I talked to about it is an upper level official at a prominent weekly dirt late model track. I'll take his word on most anything concerning race promotion and organization because he's been very successful over a period of a decade or more.

Could this event be a success, failure or so-so? Yes. Nobody knows. No matter what big event we attend there is expenses involved so I'm not sure why that's an issue about attending.All the research we've done clearly indicates we can attend the Knepper 55 for less than 1/2 of what we'd spend at St. Louis. That is taking into consideration parking, ticket price, and lodging. That isn't taking into account the much higher food and beverage prices that are a sure thing at St. Louis.

We've all seen great races and bad races from Du Quoin to FALS to Eldora and all points in between. The Dome is really no different.I've been to all but one of the Du Quoin indoor shows dating all the way back to the days when they ran 2 nights during the fair on Labor Day Weekend. I can honestly say that there hasn't been a bad one of all of them. There have been several better than others but no real stinkers.

calverton
12-01-2016, 06:26 PM
All the research we've done clearly indicates we can attend the Knepper 55 for less than 1/2 of what we'd spend at St. Louis. That is taking into consideration parking, ticket price, and lodging. That isn't taking into account the much higher food and beverage prices that are a sure thing at St. Louis. so you being a cheap scape around Christmas time that being said you ain't going

calverton
12-01-2016, 06:28 PM
and how would the guy know the track is not even built yet and you do know Matt Curl and Kevin Gundaker and Kelley Carlton are behind this event

FourDeepInTheFluff
12-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Might be tough to pull off, Gateway starts hot laps at 3, usac starts at 4. All Gateway has to run Saturday is probably 15-20 races total, so if everything goes smooth they should be done at a decent time.

This is the plan on 12/1... when we get there it may change. They may run efficiently, but I was at Indy Indoors and there was nothing efficient about the time there. I will bank on that. Regardless, I will be at The Dome on Friday, and DuQuoin on Saturday with plans to make it back to The Dome for the final race of the night.

calverton
12-01-2016, 07:07 PM
I believe it's a midnight curfew at the dome

Barbecueboy
12-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Mr. imbecile, how do you know I'm not going?

I have been there and done that almost every time. A whole lot more times than you. I've only missed one of all that have been run in the SIC and that includes the shows run during the fair a few years ago. You're an illiterate half wit that wouldn't know a yawner from the best race ever run.

Now go work your face plant magic and do a bit more brain damage!! LOL!!

Drain bamage.......lol.

If I could work out going , I would be going........hope it rocks, hammerle for the win.

calverton
12-01-2016, 08:26 PM
I believe you bbq boy CIRF has been bad mouthing this event since the get go and then he says he's going yep going right past it to the other show that weekend

CIRF
12-01-2016, 08:30 PM
This is the plan on 12/1... when we get there it may change. They may run efficiently, but I was at Indy Indoors and there was nothing efficient about the time there. I will bank on that. Regardless, I will be at The Dome on Friday, and DuQuoin on Saturday with plans to make it back to The Dome for the final race of the night.

You might just make it FDITF. Racing is scheduled to begin at 5 PM at Du Quoin and there will be NO SUPPORT CLASSES this year. Midgets only.

I too was at Indy and if that fiasco is any indication I know you'll make it. And don't forget the possibility of the racing action being temporarily suspended due to carbon monoxide. That happened at Indy a couple of times throughout the evening. All depends if the health department is monitoring CO levels. I'll bet they will be. CO has never been a problem at Du Quoin so that shouldn't stand in the way of you making it back to St. Louis.

calverton
12-01-2016, 08:33 PM
they have never ever haa a co problem with super cross at the dome plus it's a lil bigger than a basketball court good greif you gott be desperate for that kind of a event

CIRF
12-01-2016, 08:42 PM
You're wrong mr. face plant! LOL!! Gonna' be there Friday night and then heading to Du Quoin immediately following the completion of racing activities.

No bad mouthin', just stating reality in reference to cost comparison's and considering all possibilities with the memory of Indy still fresh.

FourDeepInTheFluff
12-01-2016, 08:42 PM
You might just make it FDITF. Racing is scheduled to begin at 5 PM at Du Quoin and there will be NO SUPPORT CLASSES this year. Midgets only.

I too was at Indy and if that fiasco is any indication I know you'll make it. And don't forget the possibility of the racing action being temporarily suspended due to carbon monoxide. That happened at Indy a couple of times throughout the evening. All depends if the health department is monitoring CO levels. I'll bet they will be. CO has never been a problem at Du Quoin so that shouldn't stand in the way of you making it back to St. Louis.

This is precisely what we are banking on! It doesn't matter to us if we only make it in time for the main event(s). We have hotel at the Drury Inn next door, so all is well as far as logistics.

CIRF, this microbrew you talk about in Du Quoin, are children allowed? I will be carrying my 11 year old nephew along for the weekend. I did check out their site, but did not find the information needed. I know you have made mention of this brewery before, so since we are not coming from the south this year (we have a dandy burger joint in Carbondale we hit on the way up) we will be trying this brewery out!

See you at the show!

CIRF
12-01-2016, 09:00 PM
they have never ever haa a co problem with super cross at the dome plus it's a lil bigger than a basketball court good greif you gott be desperate for that kind of a eventYou really are an ignoramus, aren't you.

One 750 HP V-8 engine will produce more CO than probably 7 or 8 small motor bike engines. Just one cylinder of that V-8 engine turning 7,000 RPM probably intakes more CFM of air and converts the oxygen in it to CO than one of those motor bike engines. You put 9 or 10 of those 750 HP V-8's on the track for a 10 lap heat race and you've got a lot of CFM of air having it's oxygen content converted into CO. It's a matter of physics.

There is no bigger exercise in futility than attempting to explain or have intelligent reportage' with a fool the likes of litey. Really dumb on my part!!

calverton
12-01-2016, 09:11 PM
You really are an ignoramus, aren't you.One 750 HP V-8 engine will produce more CO than probably 7 or 8 small motor bike engines. Just one cylinder of that V-8 engine turning 7,000 RPM probably intakes more CFM of air and converts the oxygen in it to CO than one of those motor bike engines. You put 9 or 10 of those 750 HP V-8's on the track for a 10 lap heat race and you've got a lot of CFM of air having it's oxygen content converted into CO. It's a matter of physics.There is no bigger exercise in futility than attempting to explain or have intelligent reportage' with a fool the likes of litey. Really dumb on my part!!7 or 8 try close to 40 besides the monster trucks will their this weekend , try 20 4 cyl running around with no leader lol in a place a lot small than the dome and what do get , I almost passed out in duqoiun

Krooser
12-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Just saw that my nephews from central IL are going so I may make the trip, to.. will be 500 miles from central WI... it's 320 to Fairbury... a few more to Bloomington then 160 more to the Gateway.

CIRF
12-01-2016, 09:33 PM
This is precisely what we are banking on! It doesn't matter to us if we only make it in time for the main event(s). We have hotel at the Drury Inn next door, so all is well as far as logistics.

CIRF, this microbrew you talk about in Du Quoin, are children allowed? I will be carrying my 11 year old nephew along for the weekend. I did check out their site, but did not find the information needed. I know you have made mention of this brewery before, so since we are not coming from the south this year (we have a dandy burger joint in Carbondale we hit on the way up) we will be trying this brewery out!

See you at the show!FDITF, I think you'll be able to pull it off barring any inordinate delays at the USAC show.

Not a problem for your nephew entering the St. Nicholas Brewery. It has a fairly extensive menu in addition to the beers available. The environment is heavily geared to casual dining and even has a bit of a family feel to it. They even have a kids menu. The only restrictions I could fathom for the younger folks being in the place would be later on in the evening. Given the fact it's an eatery with a dining area basically separate from the bar area I doubt very much there would be any restrictions in effect even later in the evening. With racing scheduled to begin at 5 PM that wouldn't be a problem even if restrictions do exist, which i don't think they do.

I think you'll like the place. The building formerly housed the St. Nicholas hotel. They have done a tremendous amount of updating and remodeling and according to what we've been told it's still a work in progress. I've also been told by some older folks in Du Quoin that the big names in racing of the 1950's and 1960's championship open wheel circuit stayed in the St. Nicholas the night before racing at the mile track on the fairgrounds. I've been told it got plenty rowdy back in them day's. I've heard story's of Sam Hanks, Tony Bettenhausen and Eddie Sachs, among others were some of the guests at the old hotel back during the years when the championship trail still went through Du Quoin.

We might see you at the brewery, and if not we hope to cross paths at the races!

Travel safe.

CIRF
12-01-2016, 09:46 PM
7 or 8 try close to 40 besides the monster trucks will their this weekend , try 20 4 cyl running around with no leader lol in a place a lot small than the dome and what do get , I almost passed out in duqoiunYour lack of common sense is astounding but not surprising.

What I said is that one 750 HP dirt late model or mortified would easily equal 7 or 8 motor bikes in the amount of CO they produce. So, if that theory is anywhere close to being accurate 5 late models would easily equal 40 motor bikes. The heat races will likely have 9 or 10 late models for probably 10 laps. And, there are usually no more than a couple of monster trucks running at a time. We're talking about a whole different set of circumstances, you moron!

I've been in the Southern Illinois Center many times for midget racing and never have I been affected in the least by fumes. The reason you were on the edge of consciousness was due to the fact that you had bit the sidewalk on the way into the building! LOLOL!!!

turnleftandgasit
12-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Coming down from the Bloomington area. Comped suite at the Casino Queen (thanks father-in-law).

calverton
12-01-2016, 10:03 PM
duqouin is a go cart and you know it

calverton
12-01-2016, 10:05 PM
mortified dare you say that guys like Mike Harrison or Mike Long for that matter the 2 Kennys also from nascar

dirt crow
12-02-2016, 07:23 AM
Who are these "people in the know" you speak of dirt crow/CIRF? So far the only person "in the know" that has posted on this has been the actual promoter of the event. If these "in the know" people feel this way, why aren't they expressing their opinions to everyone?

Could this event be a success, failure or so-so? Yes. Nobody knows. No matter what big event we attend there is expenses involved so I'm not sure why that's an issue about attending. Either you can afford to play or not. Does just attending and paying expenses guarantee a great race or that your pro sport team will not lose and ruin your experience etc? No. We all know that going in.

We've all seen great races and bad races from Du Quoin to FALS to Eldora and all points in between. The Dome is really no different.

I guess the biggest issue with this event is the unfathomable costs and logistics to put this event on. One could only imagine. These factors dictate prices to attend as fans and teams but it has to be that way.

All in all it should be a great time in St Louis as us race fans take over:) Be thankful it's being tried and remember there are far more things to be concerned about in the world today.

Sorry chief. Not outing my sources. Lol

Look. I hope people I've talked to are wrong. Hope I regret not going. Hope it's a huge success, great racing, photo finish, and everyone leaves happy and heads to steak-n-shake pumped. But I'm gonna have to stay home and watch. Too much negative talk and doubts.

But if it's a hit, and they do it again next year, I'm there.

CIRF
12-02-2016, 08:09 AM
duqouin is a go cart and you know it

The whole town is a go cart?! That's one big ass go cart! LOL!!

The faceplant concussion syndrome rears it's ugly head once again.

calverton
12-02-2016, 08:19 AM
duqouin duh as in race track you dipwad

muddy mike
12-02-2016, 08:55 AM
LOL people in the know that cracks me up. they dont know any more than the rest of us do everything is pure speculation at this point so anybody that says they know are full of it because they dont know nobody does yet.

WRC11
12-02-2016, 09:19 AM
Flying down Wednesday from Northern MN!

CIRF
12-02-2016, 12:37 PM
LOL people in the know that cracks me up. they dont know any more than the rest of us do everything is pure speculation at this point so anybody that says they know are full of it because they dont know nobody does yet.You've got a weird sense of humor. LOL!

People who are seasoned in the business of promoting and organizing racing events have a pretty good handle on what is feasible and doable and aren't "full of it", that's for sure. The guy I had the conversation with fits all that criteria. They won't be right 100% of the time but they've got a lot better feel for the whole situation than most everyone else.

Kemper and Indy are still fresh in our memory.

We're going to take a chance on the deal Friday night 'cause a business associate is comping us a couple of tickets and we have a chance to eat and hang out at The Landing for a few hours before 3 PM hot laps. Been a couple of years since we've hung out at The Landing. After the racing is over on Friday night we'll high tail it to Du Quoin where we are pretty much assured of very good and affordable racing on Saturday night!

calverton
12-02-2016, 12:56 PM
We get your point we get your point we get your point chuckie wow you are going to take your chance on FREE tickets you gambler lmfao we call that freeloaders

WisWildManFan
12-02-2016, 01:04 PM
You getting comped to promote that midget race too JC dude

calverton
12-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Chuckie the rambling freeloader

muddy mike
12-02-2016, 02:16 PM
CIRF anybody that knows anything about racing can look at the situation and all thats going into this say its not going to work thats their opinion not fact. it might be a flop and it might be good im sure some problems will come up it happens at all tracks at some point. my guess is thurs will probly be a cluster but hopefully they get it worked out for the next two days. you also keep saying fumes are not a problem at Duqoin well they were bad during the feature last year i was there. what are you going to do if friday is awesome still go to your little midget race. i will be at the dome because im a late model fan and bad late model race is still better than any midget race.

Clayton_Wetter
12-02-2016, 02:45 PM
7 or 8 try close to 40 besides the monster trucks will their this weekend , try 20 4 cyl running around with no leader lol in a place a lot small than the dome and what do get , I almost passed out in duqoiun

Did you get FUMOUS DEGLOOMUS???? :)

calverton
12-02-2016, 02:58 PM
You smoking your weed again

SDLMFAN
12-02-2016, 03:05 PM
BigNasty...I too am coming from South Dakota and am going to the Chiefs game as well....LOL

Clayton_Wetter
12-02-2016, 03:37 PM
You smoking your weed again

Perverton that vehicle must have had a really small tailpipe! You keep that kind of stuff up and somebody will start the engine on you. hhahahahaa

http://www.cubeofyoutube.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/270.jpg

calverton
12-02-2016, 03:50 PM
No need for such thing

calverton
12-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Did you get FUMOUS DEGLOOMUS???? :)Yep almost turned into a midget brain like CIRF

CIRF
12-03-2016, 10:21 AM
CIRF anybody that knows anything about racing can look at the situation and all thats going into this say its not going to work thats their opinion not fact. it might be a flop and it might be good im sure some problems will come up it happens at all tracks at some point. my guess is thurs will probly be a cluster but hopefully they get it worked out for the next two days. you also keep saying fumes are not a problem at Duqoin well they were bad during the feature last year i was there. what are you going to do if friday is awesome still go to your little midget race. i will be at the dome because im a late model fan and bad late model race is still better than any midget race.It's not my opinion mikey, it's the opinion of a well respected track official from a late model track. Sorry, and no offense, but I'll go with his opinion, not yours.

I was there, too. Been to every midget show but 1 they've ever had indoors at Du Quoin. You must be CO sensitive 'cause you're one of the first I've heard complain. Plus, the Perry County health department doesn't monitor the levels inside the SIC. I'll bet they'll be monitoring them in the dome and they most likely will shut down the racing until levels get back to their parameters. That's what they did at Indy. The fumes were not all that noticeable at Indy and they still stopped the racing.

Little midget race? LOLOL!! Right. It's just a USAC National show. There's another "little" midget race a month after Du Quoin. It only draws 340 cars and sells out 15,000 seats all 5 nights and is broadcast live on national TV. You might have heard of it. LOL!

I'll be going to Du Quoin no matter what happens Friday night. There are very few USAC National midget or sprint shows in Illinois and I want to support the ones that are run here. I can, and do, see late models race every week from April to mid September and for the most part only have to drive less than an hour to do so. There is absolutely nothing special about a late model show that can't be matched or surpassed by racing of another genre' on any given night. The difference is I'm open minded enough to understand and appreciate that fact, and you aren't. I like and support all of it when I can.

Hey mikey, you and litey gonna' hook up at St. Louis? You two seem to be kindred spirits of sorts. Ya'll should get along famously! LOL!!

calverton
12-03-2016, 12:20 PM
national tv most people can't get that network besides the gateway even is broadcast world wide for 3 nights streaming which happens to to new way of watching about ready to kick DISH to the curb myself and go free streaming , by the way real race cars don't need to be push started lmao

muddy mike
12-03-2016, 12:21 PM
I been to your little race in Tulsa its a nice little race lol you got free tickets your not supporting anything just another big mouth with a keyboard. Last time I checked this was a late model board. I will leave all the queer stuff to you since that's your thing.

calverton
12-03-2016, 12:35 PM
yeah where is the midget board lmao and I also been to Tulsa and Duqouin this year time for a change in indoor events and one that is a lot closer and CIRF I pay for every event I go to I am not a leach and always wanting handouts

WisWildManFan
12-03-2016, 01:00 PM
I been to your little race in Tulsa its a nice little race lol you got free tickets your not supporting anything just another big mouth with a keyboard. Last time I checked this was a late model board. I will leave all the queer stuff to you since that's your thing.And too much time on his hands

dmr37
12-03-2016, 07:02 PM
what were the problems at the Kemper KC race?

calverton
12-03-2016, 07:35 PM
you be the judge https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yset_chr_syc_oracle&p=kemper+midget+race#id=1&vid=88e02b6e3f13792c794eeebce30400c6&action=click

calverton
12-03-2016, 07:38 PM
indy https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yset_chr_syc_oracle&p=kemper+kc+midget+race#id=1&vid=88e02b6e3f13792c794eeebce30400c6&action=click

calverton
12-03-2016, 08:11 PM
kemper and indy were 1/3rd this size of the dome football field is 120 yrds or 360 feet where the basketball court is 94 ft

calverton
12-03-2016, 08:14 PM
duqouin race is 1/6 th mile dome is just under a 1/4 mile

CIRF
12-04-2016, 08:10 AM
I been to your little race in Tulsa its a nice little race lol you got free tickets your not supporting anything just another big mouth with a keyboard. Last time I checked this was a late model board. I will leave all the queer stuff to you since that's your thing.My, my!! We're very touchy, aren't we. LOL!! You tunnel vision late model geeks get very touchy and defensive, don't ya'!! LOL!! Inferiority complex, or what? LOLOL!!

Only free tickets are to the Friday late model deal. If not for that we wouldn't be going to St. Louis at all.

When you're done pouting, dry your eyes and point out anything that I've said that isn't true or distinctly possible.

And too much time on his handsYou obviously take the time to read what posted, so who exactly has too much time? LOL@U.

DarrellGoode
12-04-2016, 02:36 PM
I'm coming from Paducah,KY!

calverton
12-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Only free tickets are to the Friday late model deal. If not for that we wouldn't be going to St. Louis at all. then you are not a racefan but a leach but carryon

poolcuemaster
12-04-2016, 10:49 PM
personally , I'm flying in from South Dakota . Chiefs game on Sunday ! little weekend racecation !!

my pool playin buddy bignasty from souix falls

powerslide
12-05-2016, 10:33 AM

The prospect of 250 mortifieds is indeed horrifying!! LOL!!

110 modifieds are going home after two qualifying sessions...

Does anyone read anything anymore?

That leaves 40 to run non qualifiers on Thursday and narrows it down to 100-104 for fri/sat depending if the top two in each non-qual decide to do the alphabet soup.

The guys who spin out 3-4times in the feature are not going to be in that top 100-104. I'm going fri/sat staying in some ole gals apartment through airbnb for $50 bucks a night. 20 bars between our place and the venue, gotta hit them all!

CMatich
12-05-2016, 04:36 PM
As I've stated before any race track anywhere can put on a terrible, mediocre, or great show. One of my worst was the late models and WoO sprints on the Indy mile. Cold, damp, windy (enough to collapse wings) and not to mention taking your life in your own hands by staying at the Fairgrounds Inn. Still remember the cab company not wanting to pick us up to go downtown and then on return, waiting to see our room light come on! Also remember seeing the track crew come out with a garden size tractor with a rotary broom on it, trying to get rid of the dust etc. Pretty funny sight seeing something that small on the front stretch of the mile. Afterwards there was no bashing on forums etc. Man, the good old days. You just dealt with it and went to the next track.

What I do find interesting is that, despite a certain opinion, the Du Quoin indoor races have had issues per Mark McKeon of the Area Auto Racing News (a great subscription) on March 22, 2016. Some excerpts.....

"Golobic Grabs Pot O' Gold in Shamrock Classic Midget Marathon"
54 midgets on hand, checkered flag fell at nearly midnight, nearly seven hours after the 5pm post time with Outlaw Kart feature yet to be run.
Main event didn't start until 10:36 pm and was plagued by a number of yellow and red flags.
The yellow and red flags were relentless and sapped the soul from the event.
The track was reworked from the top to the bottom on three occasions, with just a minimum amount of track equipment.

The late Bryan Clauson was the promoter of this event and even this mega dirt star had an outcome he surely didn't want or expect. Sometimes things go wrong, even with the best laid plans.

My point is this. Let's all praise the promoters who try these events, no matter the outcome. Plus is any sporting event really that important to get everyone taking sides like they are? Let's all remember what's truly important and be grateful for what we have and remember those we have lost, while they did their best to entertain us.

zach51
12-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Video of the dirt going down in the dome is on Facebook. That is going to be a very small racetrack from the looks of it.

calverton
12-05-2016, 05:08 PM
Yes they call it a1/5 mile could be some good racing yes there will be some sheet metal torn up that's a given

calverton
12-05-2016, 06:14 PM
we all need to support this event look at the location it's down town in a metro area do think that maybe corp big shots may take a look and see what it's all about

ptown
12-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Video of the dirt going down in the dome is on Facebook. That is going to be a very small racetrack from the looks of it.

Is it going to be as flat as it looks, are those preformed concrete construction barriers the walls?

Clayton_Wetter
12-05-2016, 06:42 PM
we all need to support this event look at the location it's down town in a metro area do think that maybe corp big shots may take a look and see what it's all about

Perverton are you serious?

calverton
12-05-2016, 06:47 PM
yes those walls are concrete and no you can'y move em I would bet what is down right now is base of the track

calverton
12-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Perverton are you serious?yes I am why because my brother told me and he is a big shot at Centeen

zyoung25
12-05-2016, 08:09 PM
It's the first night, I ain't going to look too much into what everything looks like now. My guess there will be some banking, it just takes time.

rickybrown1952
12-05-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm thinking 10 degrees banking in corners

CIRF
12-05-2016, 08:34 PM
What I do find interesting is that, despite a certain opinion, the Du Quoin indoor races have had issues per Mark McKeon of the Area Auto Racing News (a great subscription) on March 22, 2016. Some excerpts.....

"Golobic Grabs Pot O' Gold in Shamrock Classic Midget Marathon"
54 midgets on hand, checkered flag fell at nearly midnight, nearly seven hours after the 5pm post time with Outlaw Kart feature yet to be run.
Main event didn't start until 10:36 pm and was plagued by a number of yellow and red flags.
The yellow and red flags were relentless and sapped the soul from the event.
The track was reworked from the top to the bottom on three occasions, with just a minimum amount of track equipment.

The late Bryan Clauson was the promoter of this event and even this mega dirt star had an outcome he surely didn't want or expect. Sometimes things go wrong, even with the best laid plans.

My point is this. Let's all praise the promoters who try these events, no matter the outcome. Plus is any sporting event really that important to get everyone taking sides like they are? Let's all remember what's truly important and be grateful for what we have and remember those we have lost, while they did their best to entertain us.Yep, the March 2016 show went way, way longer than it should have. I know, I was there for the whole thing. Bryan and his fiancee', Lauren Stewart were none too pleased with how thing progressed. Bryan said so on more than one occasion following the Shamrock Classic.

There are two important points I would respectfully take strong issue with you and Mr. McKeon.

#1. The track prep equipment was not minimal. I don't know where he's coming from on that point but there was 2 separate units tilling the track and the water trucks used were the same ones used to water the mile track and there were plenty of vehicles to run it back in. I also believe the track would NOT have had to be reworked the 3rd time (and maybe not the 2nd time, either) had it not been for the support class. This event was the first time in the history of racing in the SIC that there had been a support class.

#2. Nowhere did Mr. McKeon say that the racing was not very good all night. That is because he'd have been lying if he'd said that. It's one thing to have a long running show that features good racing. It's totally another to have a long running show and the racing is not good, but that was not the case.

Most everyone in attendance that night knew this event had a legacy of being one of the top shows of the year in regards to entertainment and excitement. And when things started to go long everyone also knew that Bryan and Lauren were as frustrated as anyone in the building with how things progressed. I think Bryan and Lauren discovered that support classes aren't the way to go at this event and a myriad of technical problems in the attempt to give the event a super cross motorcycle feel didn't really add to the quality of the show. Even if they'd come off without serious glitches. It's a safe bet had they ever embarked on promoting this deal again none of that would have been part of the proceedings, or at least it would have been held to a minimum.

powerslide
12-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Is it going to be as flat as it looks, are those preformed concrete construction barriers the walls?

No it won't be flat, you build it in stages. Yes they are preformed concrete they lock them together with rebar, they are the same thing as the chili bowl uses and does 2 or 3 high in the corners.

westlingracing
12-05-2016, 08:36 PM
It will be banked 3 blocks high according to Kevin Gundaker, it is going to be as close of a duplicate of Bel Claire speedway as they can get. It should be an excellent show.

Highside Hustler25
12-05-2016, 08:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/GatewayDirt/videos/

rickybrown1952
12-05-2016, 09:18 PM
It will be banked 3 blocks high according to Kevin Gundaker, it is going to be as close of a duplicate of Bel Claire speedway as they can get. It should be an excellent show.If it is 3 blocks high how high is that 6 9 ft or what

calverton
12-05-2016, 10:06 PM
yep, the march 2016 show went way, way longer than it should have. I know, i was there for the whole thing. Bryan and his fiancee', lauren stewart were none too pleased with how thing progressed. Bryan said so on more than one occasion following the shamrock classic.there are two important points i would respectfully take strong issue with you and mr. Mckeon.#1. The track prep equipment was not minimal. I don't know where he's coming from on that point but there was 2 separate units tilling the track and the water trucks used were the same ones used to water the mile track and there were plenty of vehicles to run it back in. I also believe the track would not have had to be reworked the 3rd time (and maybe not the 2nd time, either) had it not been for the support class. This event was the first time in the history of racing in the sic that there had been a support class.#2. Nowhere did mr. Mckeon say that the racing was not very good all night. That is because he'd have been lying if he'd said that. It's one thing to have a long running show that features good racing. It's totally another to have a long running show and the racing is not good, but that was not the case. Most everyone in attendance that night knew this event had a legacy of being one of the top shows of the year in regards to entertainment and excitement. And when things started to go long everyone also knew that bryan and lauren were as frustrated as anyone in the building with how things progressed. I think bryan and lauren discovered that support classes aren't the way to go at this event and a myriad of technical problems in the attempt to give the event a super cross motorcycle feel didn't really add to the quality of the show. Even if they'd come off without serious glitches. It's a safe bet had they ever embarked on promoting this deal again none of that would have been part of the proceedings, or at least it would have been held to a minimum.yeah we will believe you over a professional writer and yes your eyes are brown , by the way if the track can't handle 1 support class well either they can't prepare the track properly or the class need we working

ptown
12-05-2016, 10:08 PM
No it won't be flat, you build it in stages. Yes they are preformed concrete they lock them together with rebar, they are the same thing as the chili bowl uses and does 2 or 3 high in the corners.

It will be interesting to watch the progress, where are they getting the dirt?

calverton
12-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Facebook is going nuts right now

TackyTracker
12-05-2016, 11:35 PM
why do they see Bobby's hauler sitting out front??

calverton
12-06-2016, 06:33 AM
no just the comments about the track

zach51
12-06-2016, 08:29 AM
Question: Bloomquist is pictured on the race teaser but I was under the impression that he wasn't going to go. I'd be surprised if he was going, doesn't really seem like his type of event unless his sponsors want him there. You can bet he won't be taking his best piece if so.

muddy mike
12-06-2016, 08:59 AM
he is on the entry list.

zyoung25
12-06-2016, 09:06 AM
I'm just excited to see Ronnie Johnson again. I haven't seen him action since the late 90s...bring on the flash! It wouldn't surprise me if Bloomquist doesn't show.

There's a guy on here that can anwser this question, and it's not Centeroff, as much as he would like it to be.

westlingracing
12-06-2016, 09:11 AM
Rickybrown
Those concrete baricade blocks are something like 3ft high? So do the math.

TMaCiLLiNi39
12-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Question: Bloomquist is pictured on the race teaser but I was under the impression that he wasn't going to go. I'd be surprised if he was going, doesn't really seem like his type of event unless his sponsors want him there. You can bet he won't be taking his best piece if so.

Not only is Bloomquist coming.... I believe he's running both classes

CMatich
12-06-2016, 09:54 AM
CIRF, don't take "strong issue" with me, I was just passing on what a reporter had written. Also nothing was said about the racing quality, good or bad. The point being made was that any promoter can have an event go not as planned despite their best intentions.

Do find it funny how you stated that late model geeks get tunnel vision, touchy, defensive and have an inferiority complex. Kinda your response to the AARN article.

I will defend you, in that you were called childish names by muddy mike. Seems like people just can't cuss and discuss like adults.

rickybrown1952
12-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Rickybrown Those concrete baricade blocks are something like 3ft high? So do the math.Let's see now I went to a small school in southern Missouri but I think 3×3 is 9 I think Lol

calverton
12-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Wow they have schools in so Mo lol

turnleftandgasit
12-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Quote was, corners would be 7-10 feet deep, depending on what they felt would race best. This was a answer to a FB post on the event site.

rickybrown1952
12-07-2016, 09:31 AM
So if its 8ft at the top and 1ft at the bottom what would be the degrees of banking be I'm thinking about 12 degrees if so should be some REAL good racing

rickybrown1952
12-07-2016, 10:18 AM
Question: Bloomquist is pictured on the race teaser but I was under the impression that he wasn't going to go. I'd be surprised if he was going, doesn't really seem like his type of event unless his sponsors want him there. You can bet he won't be taking his best piece if so.Bloomquist will be there big money and also prestigious race

rickybrown1952
12-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Bloomquist will be there big money and also prestigious raceHey how about that big fancy word for an ole boy that's from way down in the boothill of southern Missouri Lol

calverton
12-07-2016, 10:24 AM
You looked it up

PushinTheLimit
12-07-2016, 11:22 AM
I was trying to find the latest Late Model and Modified entry list and can't find it... anyone know where it is?

rickybrown1952
12-07-2016, 11:32 AM
You looked it upI thought I knew what it was but yeah I did look it up

rickybrown1952
12-07-2016, 11:39 AM
I was trying to find the latest Late Model and Modified entry list and can't find it... anyone know where it is?Look at my name go to my Facebook page I put it on there

zach51
12-07-2016, 01:33 PM
It is the inaugural race, I'm not sure if I'd go as to far as to say it is a "prestigious" event, but I hope it goes well and becomes one. Bloomquist missed a few "prestigious" events this year....oh wait lol

ptown
12-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Any more pictures?

flagone
12-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Scott will be there with a Super and a Modified.

rickybrown1952
12-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Scott will be there with a Super and a Modified.Where did you get this info from

TMaCiLLiNi39
12-08-2016, 05:24 AM
Where did you get this info from

Well Flagone is helping with the event I believe, so he would know...

rickybrown1952
12-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Thanks a lot

powerslide
12-08-2016, 10:12 AM
It will be interesting to watch the progress, where are they getting the dirt?

Not sure on that one. I'm sure Kevin and the guys have contacts in the area and found some good stuff. I know the chili bowl has a place a couple miles from the Expo center where they keep the dirt and use the same stuff every year.

powerslide
12-08-2016, 10:12 AM
Maybe flagone or Ben can enlighten us on where the dirt is coming from?

rickybrown1952
12-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Does anyone have any idea how many laps they will be on Saturday night and how many cars will be in the features