chip1*
11-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Tony will have a 2017 Rocket with power from Andy Durham

WisWildManFan
11-30-2016, 10:58 AM
What shows will he be running. I imagine double duty at world finals

squaredup12
11-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Any word on sponsors? Will they run parallel sponsorship with Stewart-Haas Racing?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-30-2016, 01:41 PM
I would guess Prolly bass pro

Tireguy17
11-30-2016, 02:00 PM
Hoping he goes by his alias Smoke Johnson

Barbecueboy
11-30-2016, 02:24 PM
Hoping he goes by his alias Smoke Johnson

That would be killer.......

Clayton_Wetter
11-30-2016, 04:23 PM
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart LLC. hahahahaaa

cutman
11-30-2016, 04:26 PM
What happened with the mastersbilt he was tinkering with?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-30-2016, 04:31 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Must have just been a restore for his collection

HoosierDirtFan
11-30-2016, 04:41 PM

That was a Crate car.

Krooser
11-30-2016, 08:52 PM
Now if he runs the WoO circuit that will be a big draw at the gate.... maybe get some of those other washed up NASCAR shoes in dirt cars and they'd fill the stands again... how about a 'senior tour'? That would be even better...

I'm a frickin' marketing genius....

MI Dirt Fan
11-30-2016, 09:07 PM
I posted awhile back that Tony was basically quoted in saying, he was running 40-50 Sprint car events this year and told his team to order the equipment. According to an ESPN article.

calverton
11-30-2016, 09:11 PM
and his late model will be a crate to run close to home

dirt crow
12-01-2016, 07:57 AM
The question is, will he give himself provisionals at Eldora?

calverton
12-01-2016, 08:02 AM
In a crate wow how is that going to work out

vande077
12-01-2016, 08:07 AM
and his late model will be a crate to run close to home

They run Crates in Indiana?

Tony doesn't live in NC, he resides in his boyhood home in Columbus, IN and has for the last few years. He flies in for the race weekends and meetings in NC he has to at in person.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-01-2016, 08:41 AM
They run Crates in Indiana?

Tony doesn't live in NC, he resides in his boyhood home in Columbus, IN and has for the last few years. He flies in for the race weekends and meetings in NC he has to at in person.
The super late is nearly dead in the Hoosier state.

Senroc-Systems
12-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Calverton.....why in the hell would you copy and paste all that? A simple "yes they do" would have answered the man's question just fine. Now......you claim to be knowledgeable about dirt racing (even though everyone here knows you're an irritating idiot) why in the hell would Tony Stewart run crate lm's at Brownstown? And if he did,why would he need a new Rocket with Andy Durham power? Is Andy Durham on the "certified rebuilder" of a GM crate engines list? I know this is going to be a tall order, but think about it........... No........think about it some more..........New XR1, New Ford Andy Durham engines, he owns Eldora .......are you starting to get the picture?

I can't wait for this response. I'm sure it's going to be good.

What a butt plug.......

ptown
12-01-2016, 09:15 AM
If he's going to run a late model I hope when things don't go his way Tony don't go all postal crazy like he did in that sprint car.

jensenracing18
12-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Calverton.....why in the hell would you cut and paste all that? A simple "yes they do" would have answered the man's question just fine. Now......you claim to be knowledgeable about dirt racing (even though everyone here knows you're an irritating idiot) why in the hell would Tony Stewart run crate lm's at Brownstown? And if he did,why would he need a new Rocket with Andy Durham power? Is Andy Durham on the "certified rebuilder" of a GM crate engine? I know this is going to be a tall order, but think about it........... No........think about it some more..........New XR1, New Ford Andy Durham engines, he owns Eldora .......are you starting to get the picture? I can't wait for this response. I'm sure it's going to be good. What a butt plug....... Tony started restoring an older masterbuilt last summer that he planned on running a few local Crate shows with he was posting pictures of his progress on facebook... it looks like the new XR1 will be for super shows when he isn't running his sprint car or the crate.. I'm sure he will have at least 1 of everything in the garage so he can pick and choose where to run when he is free.. hell why wouldn't he what a great retirement

jensenracing18
12-01-2016, 09:30 AM
some quotes from Smoke on why he would want to run at brownstown.... “I’m partial to this place,” Stewart said of Brownstown Speedway. “I used to come here all the time. The one summer my dad and I quit racing, my buddy and I used to come here every Saturday night. That’s when Roger Williams promoted here. I ended up dating his niece because of being here. This place has always been cool to me. We wanted to get a date last year, but by the time I bought the All Stars, the schedules were pretty set.” Stewart said his fondest memory at Brownstown Speedway was winning in Barnett’s car, which was built by CJ Rayburn. “Yeah, I could see myself coming back,” Stewart said. “Next year, starting after they drop the checkered flag at (Homestead-Miami Speedway), I get to start doing whatever I want whenever I want again. I get to go have fun again.”

Josh Bayko
12-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Is anybody actually surprised that Tony would get a new Rocket? I mean, he's tight with the Rocket gang.

MI Dirt Fan
12-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Calverton.....why in the hell would you copy and paste all that?

The funny part is he even edited his comment and still came up with all that.

MI Dirt Fan
12-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Why does he still claim he is going to be at the NASCAR race every weekend because he is still a team owner but not a driver.

Senroc-Systems
12-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Jensenracing, I know all that. I saw the pix. We're taking about Tony Stewart here. He's not retiring, he's done driving a NASCAR cup car full time. He still owns the team, he's still a high level guy, and will have the highest level equipment in both Sprint cars, and LM's. He now owns the ASCoC Sprint car series, and Eldora. His last LM foray was Rocket cars,with Cornett power , prepared by Mark Richards, hauled to the track by MRRE, crew chiefed by Josh Richards. That is what the thread is about, not Tony running a crate car at Brownstown, which the village idiot would have you believe.

Senroc-Systems
12-01-2016, 09:56 AM
Also, no where in that statement does it say anything about a crate car. The "getting a date" is referring to the All Stars Sprint Series. The Steve Barnett reference is referring to his relationship ship with Steve back when Tony Had the JD Byrider cars, which Steve Barnett maintained and hauled for Tony.

CIRF
12-01-2016, 10:14 AM
Unless something changes or an out of court settlement is reached stewy might have to forgo some of his racing activities in lieu of being present at some New York State civil litigation proceedings.

rickybrown1952
12-01-2016, 01:07 PM
Will he possibly run a Late model at the Dome?

CIRF
12-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Will he possibly run a Late model at the Dome?It's probably doubtful. According to what I've been hearing there is an outside chance that Stewart would show up and drive a midget at Du Quoin for the December 17th running of the Knepper 55 in the Southern Illinois Center. Stewart is confirmed to compete at The Chili Bowl in January and there is speculation that he would race at Du Quoin as a tune up of sorts for The Chili Bowl. We shall see.

Also, the past few years he's raced at the indoor midget show over the New Years holiday at Ft. Wayne, Indiana but haven't seen any confirmation on that, either.

TackyTracker
12-01-2016, 01:51 PM
he will put fans in the stands and we need that

chupp n bloomer fan
12-01-2016, 04:26 PM
he will put fans in the stands and we need thatAnd they aren't real fans, they won't last long. They are stargazers.

CIRF
12-01-2016, 04:37 PM
And they aren't real fans, they won't last long. They are stargazers.Very, very good point cnbf.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Very, very good point cnbf.And we will see how many fans he has left after he crashes someone just about every week.

jeffreymo
12-01-2016, 04:57 PM
And we will see how many fans he has left after he crashes someone just about every week.

Unfortunately, some "fans" love that crap.

CIRF
12-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Unfortunately, some "fans" love that crap.Your absolutely right, Jeff. However, I'd like to think that dirt racing fans are a bit more informed and fair minded than to be accepting of such behavior. But then again, the mentality that is on display here on a regular basis tends to fly in the face of that thought!! LOL!!

Clayton_Wetter
12-01-2016, 05:40 PM

Not really.

Senroc-Systems
12-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Not really.

Wait......... What?

ptown
12-04-2016, 12:34 PM

Every Lucas, WOO and Summer Nationals race I've been to have been packed, they don't need crazy Tony or that idiot Kenny Wallace in his mortified.

Bubstr
12-04-2016, 01:31 PM
And they aren't real fans, they won't last long. They are stargazers.

Really, if he puts a fanny in the stands, It's good for racing. It is up to the track to keep them coming back. Everyone comes for a reason. We don't get to pick the reason. Since when is it ok to come see Bloomquist, Moyer, T Mac Pierce or Owens, but not ok to come for Stewart? If they come for wrecks or just the 3 and 4 wide that cause them.

Sorry, you can't come to the race, because you have a 14 on your T shirt. LOL

calverton
12-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Wait......... What?don't mind clayton he is stargazed for hendricks racing and bloomer he loves cheaters I GUESS

calverton
12-04-2016, 03:10 PM
every lucas, woo and summer nationals race i've been to have been packed, they don't need crazy tony or that idiot kenny wallace in his mortified. kenny wallace is great for the sport a true ambassador but carry on

Highside Hustler25
12-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Is anybody actually surprised that Tony would get a new Rocket? I mean, he's tight with the Rocket gang.
Most folks would have been shocked if he went any other direction than to Mark Richards. Pretty much knew that would happen.

And they aren't real fans, they won't last long. They are stargazers.
Stargazers indeed but it's $$$ at the gate along with food and beer sales. Can't go wrong there.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Really, if he puts a fanny in the stands, It's good for racing. It is up to the track to keep them coming back. Everyone comes for a reason. We don't get to pick the reason. Since when is it ok to come see Bloomquist, Moyer, T Mac Pierce or Owens, but not ok to come for Stewart? If they come for wrecks or just the 3 and 4 wide that cause them.

Sorry, you can't come to the race, because you have a 14 on your T shirt. LOLYes, really. These so called fans(stargazers), will watch bipolar Tony a couple times and when the novelty runs off, be gone. I agree, I don't care the reason they come either, but they are short term fans, if they aren't already coming to the races.

I don't care what's on your shirt, 0, 14, 21, 32, 39, 49, 99, whatever, watch the races. I don't go to the races to see any particular driver, I want good racing with at least a full field of quality cars, no matter the class or series.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Calverton.....why in the hell would you copy and paste all that? A simple "yes they do" would have answered the man's question just fine. Now......you claim to be knowledgeable about dirt racing (even though everyone here knows you're an irritating idiot) why in the hell would Tony Stewart run crate lm's at Brownstown? And if he did,why would he need a new Rocket with Andy Durham power? Is Andy Durham on the "certified rebuilder" of a GM crate engines list? I know this is going to be a tall order, but think about it........... No........think about it some more..........New XR1, New Ford Andy Durham engines, he owns Eldora .......are you starting to get the picture?

I can't wait for this response. I'm sure it's going to be good.

What a butt plug.......Lmao, hilarious.

Barbecueboy
12-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Yes, really. These so called fans(stargazers), will watch bipolar Tony a couple times and when the novelty runs off, be gone. I agree, I don't care the reason they come either, but they are short term fans, if they aren't already coming to the races.

I don't care what's on your shirt, 0, 14, 21, 32, 39, 49, 99, whatever, watch the races. I don't go to the races to see any particular driver, I want good racing with at least a full field of quality cars, no matter the class or series.

The last paragraph sums it up nicely c and b......I'm 110% with you on that deal.

CIRF
12-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Yes, really. These so called fans(stargazers), will watch bipolar Tony a couple times and when the novelty runs off, be gone. I agree, I don't care the reason they come either, but they are short term fans, if they aren't already coming to the races.

I don't care what's on your shirt, 0, 14, 21, 32, 39, 49, 99, whatever, watch the races. I don't go to the races to see any particular driver, I want good racing with at least a full field of quality cars, no matter the class or series.Well said cnbf!

The last paragraph sums it up nicely c and b......I'm 110% with you on that deal.Me too!

stevensracing_6
12-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Lmao, hilarious.Lol....butt plug....lmao