PDA

View Full Version : 411 motorspeedway for "THE HANGOVER" ?

1forthe$
12-02-2016, 08:05 AM
I have never been to this track before, can anyone give me any insight on it? Does this particular race usually draw a pretty good field of cars ? does this track normally provide good racing? if it were a 5 hour drive for you, would you go or maybe save your money for Talladega Short Track ?

Thanks to anyone that can give me some insight !

squaredup12
12-02-2016, 08:33 AM
We usually will make the 2-hr drive from our house to 411 without really batting an eye at it...5-hrs, that might be a stretch personally. That being said though, the racing that i've seen there has always been excellent. Track crew does a great job with track prep as well.

luv racin
12-02-2016, 09:23 AM
I usually travel 4 hours for this track on special events throughout the season. I wouldn't hesitate. I have seen DoD videos of the TST races in January and 411 is usually not a train race. Usually a racey place. They had over 200 cars last year among 7 divisions. It starts at noon of the day and wasn't over til 7 or 8 last year but it would be worth the drive in my opinion. Location is excellent as well. Knoxville is maybe 15-20 mins up the road while there are plenty of places to eat within few mins of the track if I'm not mistaken.

1forthe$
12-03-2016, 02:28 PM
thanks for the info guys. 411 looks like it could produce awesome racing on youtube, but after giving it 24 hrs thought, I think I will go to TST in January and maybe wait on 411. Hopefully catching the Gateway nationals in a couple weeks will hold me over till 2017 haha.

squaredup12
12-03-2016, 03:45 PM
411 will probably do the Frostbuster 50 race again in February, and they usually host a couple of good Southern Nationals shows each year.

fastford
12-04-2016, 11:35 AM
thanks for the info guys. 411 looks like it could produce awesome racing on youtube, but after giving it 24 hrs thought, I think I will go to TST in January and maybe wait on 411. Hopefully catching the Gateway nationals in a couple weeks will hold me over till 2017 haha.

come on down my friend, we will be glad to have you. with close to 400 cars some times and 4 days of pounding the track, you cant expect it to be in as good of shape as a regular sat night show , but we get to see folks that we only see once a year and we have a blast . as far as racing goes, the best racing is the heats on Saturday , but i enjoy the whole week end......

B_K
12-04-2016, 12:40 PM

That's the right choice. 411 is good and in this instance might produce a better race, but the Ice Bowl must be experienced at least once.

It's a happening!

nuff said
12-04-2016, 03:20 PM
........+1