PDA

View Full Version : McCreadie officially in Longhorn house car

dalemcfan
12-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Per Longhorns facebook page, McCreadie named driver of Longhorn house car. Running Lucas

dirtdobber45
12-04-2016, 06:02 PM
Congrats to him. Any word about who all will sponsor him?

jlacey
12-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Best of luck to TMac. I said before in another post i think he'll be strong next season. Hes definitely overdue

chupp n bloomer fan
12-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Good to hear, good for him, I think he'll be really good.

bleedblue55
12-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Congrats to him. Any word about who all will sponsor him?

Press release says Sweeteners Plus, Carl Myers, and Vic Coffey with CME have agreed on sponsorship

slmcrewchief99
12-04-2016, 07:58 PM
TRINITY, N.C. — Looking to parlay their recent success into a national touring series championship, Longhorn Chassis has announced a new partnership with dirt late model veteran and 2006 World of Outlaws Late Model champion Tim McCreadie.

The Watertown, N.Y. driver has a storied resume and joins the North Carolina based chassis manufacturer as its house driver for 2017.

The new alliance, fueled by McCreadie’s longtime marketing partner Sweeteners Plus as the primary sponsor, will team up to pursue the 2017 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Championship.

“It’s no secret that there is a good working relationship between Tim and Longhorn”, said Longhorn’s Justin Labonte. “Tim works as hard as any driver I have ever met and he is a great fit for our program. His passion for success is unparalleled and his feedback has been extremely valuable in developing our new dirt late model chassis. We look forward to working with him and Sweeteners Plus in our collective pursuit of the 2017 Lucas Oil Championship.”

McCreadie, who worked very closely with the Longhorn stable in the late stages of 2016, finished third in the 2016 LOLMDS standings before debuting a new Longhorn Chassis during the World Finals at The Dirt Track @ Charlotte. McCreadie secured a Fast Time Award and two top-10 finishes (seventh & second) at Charlotte. One week later, the team then reeled off two preliminary victories and a strong runner-up finish in the National 100 at East Alabama Motor Speedway.

“First and foremost, I would like to thank Ann & Carl Myers and Sweetners Plus for all the support they have given me over the years,” said McCreadie. “I also have to thank Vic Coffey here at Coffey-McCreadie-Enterprises. I am grateful for the opportunities that these relationships have afforded me and my racing career.”

“With that said, Vic and I are very humbled that the Labonte family and Longhorn Chassis would include us in their plans to further the development of their chassis as their house car team. I can’t wait to get the 2017 season rolling and pursue the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series championship.”

While a complete 2017 schedule and the remainder of the team’s marketing partners are still being finalized, McCreadie will compete in numerous Crown Jewel and special event races that do not conflict with the 2017 Lucas Oil schedule.

The team will kick off its 2017 LOLMDS campaign on Feb. 10 at the Super Bowl of Racing at Golden Isles Speedway.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Congrats to tmac and longhorn for teaming up to concour the 2017 lucas oil title. This is exactly what he needed. Good luck in 2017!!

kidrock
12-04-2016, 08:40 PM
I agree and well deserved. Tim is well respected in the dirt late model world and represents his sponsor's and the sport very well. The labonte's are well respected in the racing world as well so, it should be a great fit for both. Looking forward to them to make some noise in 2017

calverton
12-04-2016, 08:44 PM
maybe can have a JD or close to it

pa_dirt
12-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Any word if rumley is going to be the crew chief on the house car?? He seemed to be working closely with him at charlotte.

stevensracing_6
12-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Any word if rumley is going to be the crew chief on the house car?? He seemed to be working closely with him at charlotte.You would think that would be the go to decision but since he said they wanted to scale back the time spent on racing I wouldn't see him taking on that position

Kevinm022
12-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Thia is great news, interested to see how the partnership all plays out and who they will have on the crew. I really think with a solid crew behind him he could have one hell of a year

NY DIRT
12-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Does Rumley still work at the Longhorn shop?

goincircles
12-05-2016, 05:10 PM
maybe can have a JD or close to it OMG J.D. why you want T Mac to tear the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) right rear quarter and tail section off the car the real reason Rumley is not doing much is they were tired of numbnuts tearing stuff up geeeez

calverton
12-05-2016, 05:48 PM
but a win is a win and sheet metal is cheap

chupp n bloomer fan
12-05-2016, 06:28 PM
OMG J.D. why you want T Mac to tear the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) right rear quarter and tail section off the car the real reason Rumley is not doing much is they were tired of numbnuts tearing stuff up geeeezLol, I'm going with no. Litey came back with his usual intelligent response, but I'll give ya a better one. JD drives hard, but I'm sorry, he doesn't tear sh!t up. With the rule changes, they were behind the eight ball, and never recovered. And when you don't run like ya did the previous year, you get frustrated, pi$$ed, and just ready to say fuk it. All that money and time and the results weren't anywhere close to the same. Though them were very abnormally high results.

They are both good drivers, though TMac certainly doesn't drive as hard as JD. Good luck to both next year.

a25rjr
12-05-2016, 06:35 PM
I believe this will be the first nail in the coffin for Longhorn....no disrespect to tmac.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-05-2016, 07:16 PM
I believe this will be the first nail in the coffin for Longhorn....no disrespect to tmac.

Ok einstein, just cuz your red azzed for longhorn doesnt mean you will get what you want. All you want them to do is fail or fold.
T-Mac will have his best shot at a title in 17'. You can get red azzed when he beats ur boy also. You got to feel confident in your ride before you can preform consistantly. That is what tmac will have in the lhhc. Accept it.

ptown
12-05-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm going to miss that old hauler he's been dragging all over the country for the last 20 years.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-05-2016, 07:36 PM
I'm going to miss that old hauler he's been dragging all over the country for the last 20 years.

Who knows they might use it!

calverton
12-05-2016, 07:37 PM
I ve met Tim a few times seems like a nice guy his daddy would chum up my buddy Mike Hammerlee when Mike was young and good

Clayton_Wetter
12-05-2016, 07:39 PM
but a win is a win and sheet metal is cheap

A win is a win just as long as it's not Bloomquist or Jimmy Johnson. I see.

a25rjr
12-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Ok einstein, just cuz your red azzed for longhorn doesnt mean you will get what you want. All you want them to do is fail or fold.
T-Mac will have his best shot at a title in 17'. You can get red azzed when he beats ur boy also. You got to feel confident in your ride before you can preform consistantly. That is what tmac will have in the lhhc. Accept it.

Nope, not at all.......if jd and kevin couldn't get it done, why would tmac be able to do it? Where's their engineering going to come from?

Highside Hustler25
12-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Don't chastise me but I wish Tim was back with Rocket in the new chassis. I understand why he left to begin with but he knew them well and they seem to be the hot ticket right now.
No matter what he's in, wish him the best of luck. It would be great to see T Mac contending for a Championship in Lucas Oil.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Nope, not at all.......if jd and kevin couldn't get it done, why would tmac be able to do it? Where's their engineering going to come from?

It wasnt ALL RUMLEY longhorn does have others at there facillity that can get the job done. Kevin had a majority of the imput and set up on the cars but there was someone other that kevin that set sold units up

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Don't chastise me but I wish Tim was back with Rocket in the new chassis. I understand why he left to begin with but he knew them well and they seem to be the hot ticket right now.
No matter what he's in, wish him the best of luck. It would be great to see T Mac contending for a Championship in Lucas Oil.

I thought that to when lanigan left and timmy came back to rocket but that dnt work out for him. So i dnt blame him for leaving new chassis or not

Barbecueboy
12-06-2016, 07:38 AM

Some time personalities get in the way.......

This will be good for tmac and longhorn.........

calverton
12-06-2016, 08:15 AM
A win is a win just as long as it's not Bloomquist or Jimmy Johnson. I see. close as long as they don't cheat boo yah

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Some time personalities get in the way.......

This will be good for tmac and longhorn.........

Yes your are right there bbq. Some people are difficult.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-06-2016, 10:18 AM
close as long as they don't cheat boo yahOr sue the government because you cannot walk.

Josh Bayko
12-06-2016, 10:40 AM
I hope for Tim's sake he finds the consistency he's looking for.

Bubstr
12-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Just by TMac's body language and what he has said in the last month or two, I don't believe he has had the kind of support from a chassis builder, as he is getting from Longhorn. T Mac has had a rough spell for him and if he ever completely gets out of that rut, watch out.

This sport has the ability to make strong people cry for Momma and never see it coming. Drivers and crew. It's not about getting knocked down. It's about getting back up.

Barbecueboy
12-06-2016, 04:24 PM
I hope for Tim's sake he finds the consistency he's looking for.

Just having a consistent crew ( same guys traveling with you) will be huge for them.....IMO, t Mac is a streaky , confidence kinda driver.

When he has confidence in himself, his piece and his team and he gets on a roll.........he is very very tough.

Bloomer or Josh may very well win the thing , but the 39 team is going to be a handful for somebody next year...........write it down.

Still saying Timmy lands on top at the end of next year.

Barbecueboy
12-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Yes your are right there bbq. Some people are difficult.

Huge egos don't normally co exist for long periods of time together........but when they do and can, magic is often made.

Senroc-Systems
12-07-2016, 01:40 AM
It's been asked earlier in a few different threads but no difinitive answer has been given.

Does Kevin Rumley still work for Longhorn Chassis?

calverton
12-07-2016, 06:22 AM
or sue the government because you cannot walk.no it's called the govt won't fix their d@mn streets , guess what now its fixed

dirtdobber45
12-07-2016, 10:12 AM
no it's called the govt won't fix their d@mn streets , guess what now its fixedThe sidewalks in St. Louie?

chupp n bloomer fan
12-07-2016, 04:05 PM
no it's called the govt won't fix their d@mn streets , guess what now its fixedRight, if I seen a street all fuked up, I'd just keep walking hoping for the best.

Kwd1253
12-07-2016, 07:47 PM

Well they had bad luck this pass season. Also I think more stuff happened in the back ground between Kevin and jd bumping heads. year before it was all fun, this year more pressure on them. Think with tMac having the right support not just him and one other person he will do better. Also with Josh on Lucas tour I don't see Scott repeating he had this year.