PDA

View Full Version : TDR closing shop

Ryan21mid
12-05-2016, 09:38 AM
The Dillon's have ceased operations but Shane McDowell has purchased all the equipment and everything will continue to operate under the SMR banner in 2017.

Full story: http://www.onedirt.com/news/shane-mcdowell-racing-to-launch-in-17/

Tireguy17
12-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Glad they will be able to continue to race together, Shane and Dale have built their racing operation into a lethal race team.

dirtdobber45
12-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Good to hear...wonder why TDR close shop?

Ryan21mid
12-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Good to hear...wonder why TDR close shop?

Grandpa had to buy Ty a Cup ride for next year so they're putting all their focus on Napcar going forward.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Grandpa had to buy Ty a Cup ride for next year so they're putting all their focus on Napcar going forward.Fukin funny and so true.

Glad Shane and Dale can continue on. They are a great combo.

klemmabyna
12-05-2016, 07:06 PM
not surprised. and if I had childress money and grandkids, i'd do the same.

been a good operation for all parties.

expect the shane and dale to continue on as they did prior to hooking up with the Dillon kids.

Josh Bayko
12-05-2016, 07:19 PM
I expect Dale to win more races now. They can concentrate on his racing full time now.

WisWildManFan
12-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Grandpa had to buy Ty a Cup ride for next year so they're putting all their focus on Napcar going forward.Hasn't been very impressive in trucks or xfinity but gets to jump to cup. Ryan Newman will be out of a ride before long.

zyoung25
12-05-2016, 08:01 PM
I heard this after the dtwc. I know the hauler got sold to regional team near me. After it got sold, I knew it wouldn't be long before the news got out.

NormP
12-05-2016, 10:49 PM
The Dillons are moving all the way to Winston Cup level? I thought the dirt on dirt story said they were racing some lower division. Monster Energy or something.

Cardirt0
12-05-2016, 10:53 PM
The Dillons are moving all the way to Winston Cup level? I thought the dirt on dirt story said they were racing some lower division. Monster Energy or something.

Monster Energy Is the New S for Cup Now....

NormP
12-05-2016, 11:07 PM
I see. I haven't followed Nascar since the mid-90s. Didn't realize the cup had a new name. Doesn't sound right to the ear.

Only reason I even knew who the Dillons are is because of their grandfather.

TackyTracker
12-05-2016, 11:09 PM
didn't newman & smoke get into something this year on Cup??

Cardirt0
12-05-2016, 11:33 PM
didn't newman & smoke get into something this year on Cup??

They crashed each other out of a race....Then played dirty mouth to each other and then Kissed and made up the next week ...LOL

Cardirt0
12-05-2016, 11:35 PM
I see. I haven't followed Nascar since the mid-90s. Didn't realize the cup had a new name. Doesn't sound right to the ear.

Only reason I even knew who the Dillons are is because of their grandfather.

We All just found out last week that it was them for the New S....Sprints gone and they will not use the word cup in the new name....

Bigracer93
12-05-2016, 11:41 PM
They are keeping all of the partners/sponsors that they got through TDR so they will be fine

Centeroff
12-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Fellas, there is no justice in life and surely not racing. Where I come from you don't deserve anything, you get what you earn. That isn't the case for the Dillon brothers. These kids woke up with a silver spoon in their mouth and it's all because of a man named Dale Earnhardt. He paved the way for those little brats to run midpack. They aren't the only ones, racing is 90% a rich kid sport. That is why I pull for drivers who had to work and drive their as$es to get a seat. Richards had the opportunity and man can he get the job done. Other than Petty most of your all time greats were kids with talent. Earnhardt, Johnson, Stewart, Harvick, Gordon, the Allisons, Yarbrough, Edwards. These guys had to work for what they got and they had the skills that pay the Bills. Seems like the silver spoon kids never make it. Look at Kyle Petty, Paul Menard, John Andretti, the Dillon bros and on and on. The Macdowell bros had to work for everything they have and I wish them the best. Both of those men are class acts and deserve to run up front. I know I used to give JD a hard way to go but after talking with him and finding out a little about his background where he had to work for everything and he earned every top notch ride he drove, I like the man. That's why racing is such a great sport. It gives the man who drives a street stock and works a 9-5 job hope to one day make dreams come true. Who are some major touring drivers that started at the bottom and made it? Just curious?

RoundNrOUND
12-06-2016, 04:07 AM
Come on man, that deal worked out great for a long time for the McDowells. That was a long run in this sport and it set them up moving forward very well. As long as Shane is around then Dale will be just fine.

squaredup12
12-06-2016, 06:51 AM
Being from Dale's hometown, I'm curious to see how long he keeps it up before he hands the ride off to an up-and-comer and starts focusing all his time and effort on Boyd's...

cutman
12-06-2016, 08:08 AM
Fellas, there is no justice in life and surely not racing. Where I come from you don't deserve anything, you get what you earn. That isn't the case for the Dillon brothers. These kids woke up with a silver spoon in their mouth and it's all because of a man named Dale Earnhardt. He paved the way for those little brats to run midpack. They aren't the only ones, racing is 90% a rich kid sport. That is why I pull for drivers who had to work and drive their as$es to get a seat. Richards had the opportunity and man can he get the job done. Other than Petty most of your all time greats were kids with talent. Earnhardt, Johnson, Stewart, Harvick, Gordon, the Allisons, Yarbrough, Edwards. These guys had to work for what they got and they had the skills that pay the Bills. Seems like the silver spoon kids never make it. Look at Kyle Petty, Paul Menard, John Andretti, the Dillon bros and on and on. The Macdowell bros had to work for everything they have and I wish them the best. Both of those men are class acts and deserve to run up front. I know I used to give JD a hard way to go but after talking with him and finding out a little about his background where he had to work for everything and he earned every top notch ride he drove, I like the man. That's why racing is such a great sport. It gives the man who drives a street stock and works a 9-5 job hope to one day make dreams come true. Who are some major touring drivers that started at the bottom and made it? Just curious?

It's not the kids fault. More power to them

calverton
12-06-2016, 08:13 AM
is it the drivers fault or maybe RCR has a hard time competing with Gibbs Penske and Haas

Centeroff
12-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Every driver Childress had in the last 20 years has won in the sprint cup series except Austin Dillon. That includes Robby Gorson and even Paul Menard. You can't sacrifice your company to make sure your grandchildren are well taken care of. In life you have to make good business decisions. Those grandchildren of his are the reason he lost Harvick. Austin has 6 top 5 finishes in his career. That won't cut it. Sponsors wanna win and Richard should know better

WisWildManFan
12-06-2016, 10:47 PM
they are one step above danica

Centeroff
12-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Wis, I agree lol

Senroc-Systems
12-07-2016, 01:03 AM
they are one step above danica

No, they're not.......Danica can hustle her own sponsorship. Both Dillon boys are counting on Grandpa.

WisWildManFan
12-07-2016, 03:45 AM
No, they're not.......Danica can hustle her own sponsorship. Both Dillon boys are counting on Grandpa.They can both drive circles around her. Her gig is almost up she will be replaced by a younger better looking female in the near future. Go daddy saw the light

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-07-2016, 06:52 AM
They can both drive circles around her. Her gig is almost up she will be replaced by a younger better looking female in the near future. Go daddy saw the light

I bet if she let you have a peak at what shes got you would have a different look on this subject.

calverton
12-07-2016, 07:02 AM
Every driver Childress had in the last 20 years has won in the sprint cup series except Austin Dillon. That includes Robby Gorson and even Paul Menard. You can't sacrifice your company to make sure your grandchildren are well taken care of. In life you have to make good business decisions. Those grandchildren of his are the reason he lost Harvick. Austin has 6 top 5 finishes in his career. That won't cut it. Sponsors wanna win and Richard should know betterIf Robby Gordon was so good why is running off road desert trucks on asphalt, and guess what family first good for him

calverton
12-07-2016, 07:06 AM
Danica 24 th in points A Dillion 14 th and alot more top tens the Danica https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Dillon

Josh Bayko
12-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Every driver Childress had in the last 20 years has won in the sprint cup series except Austin Dillon. That includes Robby Gorson and even Paul Menard. You can't sacrifice your company to make sure your grandchildren are well taken care of. In life you have to make good business decisions. Those grandchildren of his are the reason he lost Harvick. Austin has 6 top 5 finishes in his career. That won't cut it. Sponsors wanna win and Richard should know better

Dave Blaney never won a Cup race driving for Childress.

calverton
12-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Dave Blaney only raced one year for Childress the rest of the years was with Bill Davis

Josh Bayko
12-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Dave Blaney only raced one year for Childress the rest of the years was with Bill Davis

That doesn't matter. I was refuting dipsh*t's statement that every Childress driver in the last 20 years won in Cup.

calverton
12-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Guess what centeroff dillion finished ahead of menard and and newman plus he is younger and more marketable

calverton
12-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Maybe bloomer can take over the ride lmfao

WisWildManFan
12-07-2016, 09:18 AM
I bet if she let you have a peak at what shes got you would have a different look on this subject.Her bank account lol... All I'm saying is it's a lot like bartenders and waitresses that at a certain point your tip $ is gonna start drying up and it will go to a younger girl. Guess that's what happens when u make a living off your looks. At least gravity won't be an issue for her.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Maybe bloomer can take over the ride lmfao

Yea just dont unhook parts lol

calverton
12-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Lmfao. Ss lol

chupp n bloomer fan
12-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Maybe bloomer can take over the ride lmfaoYou get your new Bloomer Fathead yet?

dirtdobber45
12-07-2016, 05:09 PM
You get your new Bloomer Fathead yet?Calve and SS both have life size in their bedroom and pose beside them at least ten times a day...lol

Centeroff
12-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Bayco, if your saying you would let Harvick walk to let your grandchildren run midpack for you,, well, no further questions your honor. If they weren't direct descendants of the old man they would be bagging groceries at Walmart. The year Childress dominated the nationwide series and Austin won the title, Kyle Busch won more races than Austin. I'm pretty sure Stenhouse Jr. was second in the points that season. Austin will never win a race except for maybe fuel mileage or a restrictor plate race. He took the lead on 2 tires with 40 to go and crashed like it was the last lap. I'm a firm believer that you have to earn what you get. None of us were lucky enough to have that opportunity so we have to sit and talk about it.

Josh Bayko
12-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Bayco, if your saying you would let Harvick walk to let your grandchildren run midpack for you,, well, no further questions your honor. If they weren't direct descendants of the old man they would be bagging groceries at Walmart. The year Childress dominated the nationwide series and Austin won the title, Kyle Busch won more races than Austin. I'm pretty sure Stenhouse Jr. was second in the points that season. Austin will never win a race except for maybe fuel mileage or a restrictor plate race. He took the lead on 2 tires with 40 to go and crashed like it was the last lap. I'm a firm believer that you have to earn what you get. None of us were lucky enough to have that opportunity so we have to sit and talk about it.

You know jack sh*t about racing.

calverton
12-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Hey centeroff yeah busch won more races than dillion he's not running for a championship where dillion was , and has stenhouse done lately austin was the top rcr car in cup now how does that grab you

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Hey centeroff yeah busch won more races than dillion he's not running for a championship where dillion was , and has stenhouse done lately austin was the top rcr car in cup now how does that grab you

Prolly like a pair of wore out pliers lmao

nuff said
12-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Lately being the top RCR car means about as much as being fastest in hotlaps.

Centeroff
12-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Nuff said you can't tell these guys anything. They are stuck on what they like and to them that's the only way. Dillon can obviously drive a racecar but he isn't anywhere near the top caliber driver and his grandpa just doesn't care. He is in his 70s now and he wants to leave those boys set and that's what he will do but bakedohh those Dillon boys would be lucky to win a Carolina clash race.