PDA

View Full Version : UMP DIRTcar Late Model Summer Nationals 2017 Schedule...

HoosierDirtFan
12-08-2016, 03:40 PM
UMP DIRTcar Late Model Summer Nationals 2017 Schedule...

DATE - TRACK - LOCATION - PURSE TO WIN
June 15 - Kankakee County Speedway - Kankakee, IL - $5,000
June 16 - LaSalle Speedway - LaSalle, IL - $5,000
June 17 - LaSalle Speedway - LaSalle, IL $10,000
June 18 - TBA
June 19 - OFF
June 20 - Jacksonville Speedway - Jacksonille, IL - $5,000
June 21 - Farley Speedway - Farley, IA - $10,000
June 22 - Spoon River Speedway -Banner, IL - $5,000
June 23 - Tri-City Speedway - Granite City, IL - $10,000
June 24 - Fairbury American Legion Speedway - Fairbury, IL - $10,000
June 25 - Tri-State Speedway - Haubstadt, IN - $5,000
June 26 - Peoria Speedway - Peoria, IL - $5,000
June 27 - Plymouth Speedway - Plymouth, IN - $5,000
June 28 - OFF
June 29 - Daugherty Speedway -Boswell, IN - $5,000
June 30 - Terre Haute Action Track - Terre Haute, IN - $10,000 - Co-Sanctioned WOO LMS*
July 1 - Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 - Pevely, MO - $10,000 - Co-Sanctioned WOO LMS*
July 2 - Lincoln Speedway - Lincoln, IL - $5,000
July 3 - Quincy Raceway - Quincy, IL - $5,000
July 4 - OFF
July 5 - Belle-Clair Speedway - Belleville, IL - $5,000
July 6 - Macon Speedway - Macon, IL - $5,000
July 7 - Farmer City Raceway - Farmer City, IL - $10,000
July 8 - Highland Speedway - Highland, IL - $10,000
July 9 - Kickapoo Speedway - Danville, IL - $5,000
July 10 - OFF
July 11 - Hartford Speedway - Hartford, MI - $5,000
July 12 - Thunderbird Raceway - Muskegon, MI - $5,000
July 13 - Merritt Speedway - Lake City, MI - $5,000
July 14 - Oakshade Raceway - Wauseon, OH - $5,000
July 15 - Oakshade Raceway - Wauseon, OH - $10,000

* Co-Sanctioned with the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series.

OTHER RACES MAY BE ADDED / TBA.

turnleftandgasit
12-08-2016, 03:43 PM
This will make a lot of people happy. Miles have to be down by 25 % at least.

Ryan21mid
12-08-2016, 03:55 PM
One thing that sticks out to me. No Fayette County. Especially after the thrilling race there last year, the drivers raved about it. They had posted a while back about trying to get a Lucas race and were threatened that they'd lose UMP if they did so that could have something to do with it...

Rollover
12-08-2016, 03:59 PM
wonder what happened to brownstown? they had been the first race for a while now

HoosierDirtFan
12-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Terre Haute and I-55 Co-Sanctioned with the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series.

cutman
12-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Terre Haute and I-55 Co-Sanctioned with the World Of Outlaws Late Model Series.

I'm going to terre haute for sure and may just head on to I 55. Worth it?

Just The Tip
12-08-2016, 05:58 PM
I'll be making the FALS and Tri-state speedway swing. Lack of Brownstown on the schedule is intriguing as well.

turnleftandgasit
12-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Belleville and Macon back to back......I like that also.

CIRF
12-08-2016, 06:49 PM
We'll be at La Salle, Fairbury, Terre Haute, Mighty Macon and Farmer City.

It's great to see Terre Haute on the schedule again. The only true half mile of the bunch!!

klemmabyna
12-08-2016, 06:51 PM
Dear Mr. Izzo,

Please return to Wilmot on Sunday night, June 18th. This preliminary schedule would allow me to gain my wife and daughter's approval for a 3 day LaSalle/Wilmot racing weekend as a Father's Day present.

I have seen and appreciated your efforts at both venues in the past. I promise if you are able to put together such a weekend, I will be in attendance at all three shows.

Sincerely,
A displaced Dirt Late model fan from SW Iowa, now residing in SE Wi.

Tracy Williamson
(ex-prescott,ia)
Delavan, WI

PS: Might you ever resurrect the Freeport or Pecatonica venues?

I know. just a fantasy on my part.

WisWildManFan
12-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Wilmot show has been dog sh!t every year. Sounds like sycamore or angell park in running.

klemmabyna
12-08-2016, 07:21 PM
WisWildManFan: I disagree with your Wilmot assessment. of course i'm starved for racing here. but I've been able to see pierce, Eckert, weaver etc. take the checkers. and even if the race at the front wasn't close, there was intense action back in the field.

Clayton_Wetter
12-08-2016, 07:50 PM
wonder what happened to brownstown? they had been the first race for a while now

Maybe it's now tooo flat???

In The Gas
12-08-2016, 08:17 PM

Yeah really! Always looked forward to hitting this mid week race right after the dream.

Shiny Side Up 18
12-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Sounds like UMP is punishing Fayette County Speedway for looking into a Lucas date per Fayette's Facebook page. Pathetic.https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154833301349443&id=327350394442

WisWildManFan
12-08-2016, 08:53 PM
WisWildManFan: I disagree with your Wilmot assessment. of course i'm starved for racing here. but I've been able to see pierce, Eckert, weaver etc. take the checkers. and even if the race at the front wasn't close, there was intense action back in the field. If it got moved to beaver dam would you make that trip?

pink floyd
12-08-2016, 08:55 PM

well worth the drive.

Zonks32x
12-08-2016, 09:06 PM
WisWildmanFan: Agree that Wilmot as a facility is a pile, but the S/N races prior to '16 and '15 were pretty good. You may have forgot, but the year Unzicker won ('13 or '14, I believe), the Wilmot S/N race was named DoD race of the year. Car counts last two years were awful and modified show was a caution fest.

As far as other venues: Angell Park is too tight for DLM's. Love the place, but you're asking for disappointment if you run the lates there. Only two legitimate options in southern WI. Beaver Dam or Oshkosh. Beaver Dam would be my choice by a landslide, but track owner won't let it happen. He's still butthurt about the falling out he had with Behling and the wdlma years ago, and racefans and DLM teams in SE WI have paid the price as a result. Stupid!! The WoO race Feger won at B. Dam was the last time they hosted DLM. Oshkosh put on a good Lucas show the last 2 years, and the facility is a hell of a lot better than Wilmot and will draw better too.

rickybrown1952
12-08-2016, 09:11 PM
Sounds like UMP is punishing Fayette County Speedway for looking into a Lucas date per Fayette's Facebook page. Pathetic.https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154833301349443&id=327350394442yep that's what it looks like to me sad cause that's always a great race to go to

WisWildManFan
12-08-2016, 09:17 PM
I believe eckert won in 14 and that was a snooze fest. I went to lucas race in oshkosh this year and that was one lane around the bottom as well. I think i may just be spoiled with all the great dlm racing illinois has to offer. They raced stock cars at Angell this past year and I didn't see any issues with width of track. I understand people that live in that area don't want to see the race moved but it sounds like it's all but a done deal. Also and as far as Wilmot having race of the year in 2013 that was FALS.

ptown
12-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Sounds like UMP is punishing Fayette County Speedway for looking into a Lucas date per Fayette's Facebook page. Pathetic.https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154833301349443&id=327350394442

That's a shame but after the way that show was ran two years ago I was never going back anyway.

t3r3e3
12-08-2016, 09:44 PM

Terre Haute is not worth it, IMO. Way too big, too narrow, too little passing, and basically a waste of 30 bucks. If you want your money's worth, go to Haubstadt instead. If you want fair food and terrible racing, go to Terre Haute. It's the last place that should ever be called the Action Track. Maybe sprints are good there but Lates are not.

GEAR_HEAD
12-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Terre Haute is not worth it, IMO. Way too big, too narrow, too little passing, and basically a waste of 30 bucks. If you want your money's worth, go to Haubstadt instead. If you want fair food and terrible racing, go to Terre Haute. It's the last place that should ever be called the Action Track. Maybe sprints are good there but Lates are not.

Agreed! It's a terrible track and a waste of time.

Scott Boesel
12-08-2016, 10:26 PM
Dear Mr. Izzo,

Please return to Wilmot on Sunday night, June 18th. This preliminary schedule would allow me to gain my wife and daughter's approval for a 3 day LaSalle/Wilmot racing weekend as a Father's Day present.

I have seen and appreciated your efforts at both venues in the past. I promise if you are able to put together such a weekend, I will be in attendance at all three shows.

Sincerely,
A displaced Dirt Late model fan from SW Iowa, now residing in SE Wi.

Tracy Williamson
(ex-prescott,ia)
Delavan, WI

PS: Might you ever resurrect the Freeport or Pecatonica venues?

I know. just a fantasy on my part.

Freeport is long gone unfortunately

TackyTracker
12-08-2016, 11:28 PM
maybe Joliet will be announced as TBA right after Lasalle

it is weird to see K3 the 1st race now

Highside Hustler25
12-09-2016, 04:44 AM

You're loss. Last Hell Tour race i saw there was a good one. 2012 and the Real Deal took home the $$$.

jensenracing18
12-09-2016, 06:43 AM
awesome to see some more tracks in Michigan step up to hosting, makes that drive up north worth it for the drivers before the Oakshade finale, cant wait 5 nights of hell tour racing all within about 2 hours of me

cutman
12-09-2016, 07:04 AM

Lol, I've been to terre haute before. More or less going for old times sake and it's a good time of the year for us to be gone. Plus gives me an excuse to head on to I 55 to check off a track I've never been to. Try to do that at least once a year. Haubstaut has been on my list for a long time though, have to get there.

Mantis
12-09-2016, 07:17 AM
Expect news later today on the TBA date......personally, I'm wanting Brownstown plugged into that date but not gonna hold my breath.

dmr37
12-09-2016, 08:29 AM

it is weird to see K3 the 1st race nowIzzo said he won't go to Joliet after they screwed him in the past.

CIRF
12-09-2016, 08:38 AM

Agreed! It's a terrible track and a waste of time.
Too big? Too narrow? A waste of $30? Terrible racing? Waste of time? Hmmmm.

Not sure where the hell you guys were at but it obviously wasn't the THAT. LOL!!

GEAR_HEAD
12-09-2016, 08:51 AM

Not sure where the hell you guys were at but it obviously wasn't the THAT. LOL!!

The last Summernats show they had was a joke. No passing at all. If Sarge couldn't make the track raceable nobody can.

CIRF
12-09-2016, 09:48 AM
The last Summernats show they had was a joke. No passing at all. If Sarge couldn't make the track raceable nobody can.We've attended 7 events at THAT spanning the 2015 and 2016 seasons and don't remember one that could be accurately classified as a joke unless you want to include the support class at some of those events. Generally there are less than 10 mortifieds making up the support class and I have to admit there was very little passing.

THAT is too narrow? Hmmmm. The corners measure just about 90' wide and the straightaway's measure right at 70' wide. That makes Terre Haute wider than Fairbury by about 1 lane. I'm sure most of you wouldn't characterize FALS as being too narrow, now would you? LOL!!

We are happy to see the dirt late's back on a true 1/2 mile. And, if the 2017 Summernationals show at THAT is a stinker we'll be the first in line to say so.

thexfactor0210
12-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Wonder what the TBA date will be. Heard Sycamore and Angell Park are out...

CIRF
12-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Wonder what the TBA date will be. Heard Sycamore and Angell Park are out...

Has Sycamore ever hosted a Hell Tour event?

GEAR_HEAD
12-09-2016, 10:51 AM
We've attended 7 events at THAT spanning the 2015 and 2016 seasons and don't remember one that could be accurately classified as a joke unless you want to include the support class at some of those events. Generally there are less than 10 mortifieds making up the support class and I have to admit there was very little passing.

THAT is too narrow? Hmmmm. The corners measure just about 90' wide and the straightaway's measure right at 70' wide. That makes Terre Haute wider than Fairbury by about 1 lane. I'm sure most of you wouldn't characterize FALS as being too narrow, now would you? LOL!!

We are happy to see the dirt late's back on a true 1/2 mile. And, if the 2017 Summernationals show at THAT is a stinker we'll be the first in line to say so.

In 2014 Shirley finished 2nd and in his post-race interview stated that the track was a joke and he had no idea why they were even there. If the racers said they couldn't pass, then obviously they couldn't pass. The only thing good there is the fair food.

CIRF
12-09-2016, 11:05 AM
In 2014 Shirley finished 2nd and in his post-race interview stated that the track was a joke and he had no idea why they were even there. If the racers said they couldn't pass, then obviously they couldn't pass. The only thing good there is the fair food.Gotta' link to the interview?

Maybe Shirley was pissed because he wasn't quite fast enough to make the pass for the win. LOL! I would be pissed too.

Shirley will be driving a midget at Du Quoin next weekend on a 1/6 mile track. Shouldn't be a problem with the track or passing there. We'll see how he does. LOL!

ptown
12-09-2016, 12:21 PM
Sycamore June 29th apparently some date swapping with Daugherty?

HoosierDirtFan
12-09-2016, 12:35 PM

Here's some more news on Daugherty. Owner Michael Daugherty is trying to acquire 50 acres of land near Lebanon, Indiana to build a new 5/16's mile dirt track. He's been working to get the land for about a month or so now.

CIRF
12-09-2016, 12:37 PM

ptown, if Sycamore is Thursday the 29th of June when is the Daugherty date?

bullring
12-09-2016, 12:57 PM
Smart running Sycamore later in the schedule rather than right after 2 nights at Lasalle.

cutman
12-09-2016, 12:59 PM
Daugherty moved to 18th

ptown
12-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Smart running Sycamore later in the schedule rather than right after 2 nights at Lasalle.

I thought they said June 19th.

bullring
12-09-2016, 01:27 PM
29th. Night after WOO late models at Joliet

GEAR_HEAD
12-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Gotta' link to the interview?

Maybe Shirley was pissed because he wasn't quite fast enough to make the pass for the win. LOL! I would be pissed too.

Shirley will be driving a midget at Du Quoin next weekend on a 1/6 mile track. Shouldn't be a problem with the track or passing there. We'll see how he does. LOL!

The track was a joke. When we arrived the entire frontstretch was destroyed because of a fair event they had. Why argue about an track that couldn't be raced on when that is not opinion, but fact? There wasn't one pass all evening long.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php?watch=5990

https://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php?watch=5991

t3r3e3
12-11-2016, 07:00 PM
We've attended 7 events at THAT spanning the 2015 and 2016 seasons and don't remember one that could be accurately classified as a joke unless you want to include the support class at some of those events. Generally there are less than 10 mortifieds making up the support class and I have to admit there was very little passing.

2015 race was terrible, for starters. Follow the leader, and about 18 cars to boot.

t3r3e3
12-11-2016, 07:03 PM

Track narrows up because it's too fast. It could be 100 feet wide down into the infield and they wouldn't use it. I like a half mile track as much as the next
guy, but only those with sweeping corners that provide at least 2 grooves. Terra Haute is a catfish track.

thexfactor0210
12-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Any idea when this new track in Lebanon is looking to be built? Any other info on it???

HoosierDirtFan
12-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Any idea when this new track in Lebanon is looking to be built? Any other info on it???

Michael Daugherty (A.K.A. Daugherty Speedway) wants to have the new track built by supposedly early to mid 2018.

calverton
12-11-2016, 07:19 PM
cirf that is 2 narrow for a 1/2 mile look at Knoxville Florence Eldora most late model and mod guys don't want to run the half during summer nats to hard on equipment

thexfactor0210
12-11-2016, 07:35 PM
That would be awesome if we had a new track in 2018.

Highside Hustler25
12-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Track narrows up because it's too fast. It could be 100 feet wide down into the infield and they wouldn't use it. I like a half mile track as much as the next
guy, but only those with sweeping corners that provide at least 2 grooves. Terra Haute is a catfish track.

They sure weren't catfishin this night.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php?watch=4052&year=2012#vid

cdustyr1
12-11-2016, 08:10 PM

it is weird to see K3 the 1st race now

From Tony's facebook the race is still his to host, and he had a failed dealing with Joliet in the past.

thexfactor0210
12-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Tony is doing the Sycamore date

CIRF
12-11-2016, 09:28 PM
guy, but only those with sweeping corners that provide at least 2 grooves. Terra Haute is a catfish track.The only explanation is that the late models just aren't able to race and put on a decent show on a true half mile. Just the way it is, I reckon.

I know this much, I won't miss a Silver Crown or wingless 410 sprint car race at THAT.

Here's a taste the 2016 Hulman Classic. See any one lane racing here? LOL! I think not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH522kRJX_A

CIRF
12-11-2016, 09:46 PM
2015 race was terrible, for starters. Follow the leader, and about 18 cars to boot.There were 33 sprint cars on hand for the 2106 Indiana Sprint Week. I was there and the ISW race was a very good one. No follow the leader. The USAC boys aren't afraid of the Action Track.

The track was a joke. When we arrived the entire frontstretch was destroyed because of a fair event they had. Why argue about an track that couldn't be raced on when that is not opinion, but fact? There wasn't one pass all evening long.Fact my ass. I'll argue all day long about whether THAT can be raced on, and it ain't opinion. Maybe the late models are a joke at TH. Why? Have no idea, but one thing is for sure the 410 wingless sprinters sure as hell aren't a joke! They are as good as it gets LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7P6cqR0uX4

GEAR_HEAD
12-11-2016, 10:13 PM
There were 33 sprint cars on hand for the 2106 Indiana Sprint Week. I was there and the ISW race was a very good one. No follow the leader. The USAC boys aren't afraid of the Action Track.

Fact my ass. I'll argue all day long about whether THAT can be raced on, and it ain't opinion. Maybe the late models are a joke at TH. Why? Have no idea, but one thing is for sure the 410 wingless sprinters sure as hell aren't a joke! They are as good as it gets LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7P6cqR0uX4

I don't give a rat's ass if lawn tractors run 5 wide there! I only follow supers, and supers suck there so there's no sense in scheduling them. This is a LM forum, not a sprint forum. I never said sprints we or weren't good there. The fact is supers are a waste of time there.

calverton
12-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Don't mind chuckie he'[s an open wheel guy he just shows up on certain forums because the sprint forums on 42.met are asleep

calverton
12-12-2016, 08:00 AM
That = more water earl geesh

cutman
12-12-2016, 08:11 AM
Terre Haute gets me to Pevely, I'm still going lol

CIRF
12-12-2016, 09:15 AM
I don't give a rat's ass if lawn tractors run 5 wide there! I only follow supers, and supers suck there so there's no sense in scheduling them. This is a LM forum, not a sprint forum. I never said sprints we or weren't good there. The fact is supers are a waste of time there.My, my, we certainly have that tribal inferiority complex going on don't we. Getting so riled up so late in the weekend could possibly ruin what might have been a "super" week. LOL!

It appears that the guys driving the wingless sprinters and Silver Crown's are more than capable of actually providing very good racing on a big half mile and the guys driving the "supers" (LOL) aren't. You've clearly convinced yourself of that.

Now go out there and have yourself a "super" day you "super" guy you! LOL!

Terre Haute gets me to Pevely, I'm still going lolJust remember cutman, there is all kinds of evidence that great racing can be seen at THAT. Whether or not the "super's" can provide that is another question but it's prolly worth a try.

mskdorf
12-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Is Macon still 100 laps? I thought they paid more than $5k. Could be I don't remember correctly.

CIRF
12-14-2016, 10:32 AM
Is Macon still 100 laps? I thought they paid more than $5k. Could be I don't remember correctly.

The Summernationals race at Macon is indeed still 100 laps and pays $5000 to win. It's been, and still is, known as The Herald & Review 100 since the inception of the UMP Summernationals series.

You might be thinking of the Lucas Oil late model race at Mighty Macon. That race is also 100 laps and pays $12,000 to win.

Highside Hustler25
12-14-2016, 01:05 PM

The Spring race is also 100 laps. It pays $12K to win.

buckeyebandit7
12-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Fact my ass. I'll argue all day long about whether THAT can be raced on, and it ain't opinion. Maybe the late models are a joke at TH. Why? Have no idea, but one thing is for sure the 410 wingless sprinters sure as hell aren't a joke! They are as good as it gets LOL!

I must agree with this statement. Wingless sprints put on a fine show at Terre Haute. Never seen supers there before so can't speak to that but sprints are kick a.s.s there

buckeyebandit7
12-14-2016, 03:55 PM
I am also wondering what happened to the Brownstown date. I always looked forward to that Wednesday night show.

Clayton_Wetter
12-14-2016, 05:15 PM

I saw a great night of LM racing one night there, but if it's dry and dusty forget it.

The track can be excellent for LM racing.

calverton
12-14-2016, 06:12 PM
Fact my ass. I'll argue all day long about whether THAT can be raced on, and it ain't opinion. Maybe the late models are a joke at TH. Why? Have no idea, but one thing is for sure the 410 wingless sprinters sure as hell aren't a joke! They are as good as it gets LOL!I must agree with this statement. Wingless sprints put on a fine show at Terre Haute. Never seen supers there before so can't speak to that but sprints are kick a.s.s thereKokomo or Bloomington are better tracks for sprints

buckeyebandit7
12-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Kokomo or Bloomington are better tracks for sprints

Bloomington definitely...not so sure about Kokomo. I wasn't trying to say that TH was the best track for sprints. I was merely saying they put on a good show there. I can think of several tracks better than TH...Gas City, Habstaudt, Bloomington, Knoxville to name a few

calverton
12-14-2016, 08:09 PM
Putnamville also and this year finally i55 will have usac sprints

CIRF
12-14-2016, 09:02 PM
Bloomington definitely...not so sure about Kokomo. I wasn't trying to say that TH was the best track for sprints. I was merely saying they put on a good show there. I can think of several tracks better than TH...Gas City, Habstaudt, Bloomington, Knoxville to name a fewYou make a good point bb7 but it's all in the eye of the beholder. I've seen some great racing at every one of the tracks you mention except Knoxville. Sadly enough we've never seen the wingless sprints at Knoxville. The open wheel cars are just a different type of racing at a big half mile like Terre Haute as opposed to the bull rings. Not necessarily inferior, just different. Some appreciate it, some choose not to.

Putnamville also and this year finally i55 will have usac sprintsWhat do you care, mr. faceplant. You're a tunnel vision late model geek that brags incessantly about having no earthly desire to watch dirt open wheel racecars race. You're just too cool for those things!