PDA

View Full Version : Madden to WOO ,

TUTY
12-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Rumor has it, any truth? WOO is looking good if so. Clanton, BShep, Moran, Moyer JR, Wells, Shirley, Hackeness JR, Chub, Francis?, Madden?

TUTY
12-10-2016, 06:17 PM
Eckert, Mo Baggs and others.

Switchback29A1
12-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Francis said in a DoD interview Thursday that he's 95% committed to Lucas

dirtdobber45
12-10-2016, 07:31 PM
That would be good but I dont see it happening tho. Just because hes a family man

onlyfacts
12-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Can't see Madden staying out for 5-6 weeks at a time or 30 hours from home. Not his style but who knows. Maybe.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-10-2016, 08:27 PM
Do I think he is a contender, yes. Will he stick out a whole tour, I doubt it.

Nasty55
12-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Do I think he is a contender, yes. Will he stick out a whole tour, I doubt it.

I agree with you on your statement here CNB Madden has been pretty much a contender wherever he shows up at the past 2-3 yrs now but hanging on for the full tour i don't see it happening either...

squaredup12
12-10-2016, 09:16 PM
He's got a good thing going...unload when and where you want to, and have a very real opportunity to put the check in the hauler back home every single time.

dirty bert
12-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Can't see Madden staying out for 5-6 weeks at a time or 30 hours from home. Not his style but who knows. Maybe.I'm with you I don't see staying on the road either.

flagone
12-11-2016, 07:32 AM
Chris is a 2-time Southern All Stars Champion so he has had a taste of travel/series grind. He IS strongly considering following the WoO tour in 2017.

Highside Hustler25
12-11-2016, 10:29 AM
SAS tour? 15 tracks spread out over 9 months all in the Southeast compared to a WoO schedule containing 31 venues stretching from Florida to N.Dakota to Delaware?
Sorry, no comparison here.

BSDgraphics
12-11-2016, 11:02 AM
2018? We just skip over the 2017 season? lol

flagone
12-11-2016, 11:07 AM
I said a taste. Geez. There is ABSOLUTELY some comparison. Missing weekends with family. Passing tracks close to you having shows so you can go to the tour events. 3 day weekends with minimal prep and maintenance time. Sleepy driving. Windshield time. Blowing and breaking engines and parts on the road. So, yes, there is some comparison.

NY DIRT
12-11-2016, 11:42 AM
SAS tour? 15 tracks spread out over 9 months all in the Southeast compared to a WoO schedule containing 31 venues stretching from Florida to N.Dakota to Delaware?
Sorry, no comparison here.

What does the SAS tour pay it,s champion?

WOO pays $100000 to win $60000 for second.
WOO pays at least $600 travel money per event.
No Josh Richards to run against to take most of the money
Madden is in maybe in the BEST car he has ever been in.
Yep, you are right. No comparison here.

My thought is as long as he stays in the top 3 in points (and he should) He runs the full tour...

flagone
12-11-2016, 11:46 AM
And yet again I am reminded why I should NEVER post on this board.

Highside Hustler25
12-11-2016, 11:53 AM

My thought is as long as he stays in the top 3 in points (and he should) He runs the full tour...

SAS tour=Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina. A regional tour. Compared to a National tour covering 19 States from the Dakotas to the East Coast. Travel and series grind is what was being discussed. Again, comparing apples to oranges.

flagone
12-11-2016, 12:28 PM
The SAS tour was pretty different in 2005 than it is today. It was 30 races (2 were rain outs that everyone was at) that year. They traveled to 8 states AL, GA, SC, NC, TN, MS, VA and FL at 19 different tracks. Again a TASTE of series travel is what I said. Just a smaller amount of it. By comparison WoO raced 39 times in the same year. Yes the distance traveled were further. Yes they raced 9 more times. But Madden and his team experienced many of the same things that Billy Moyer did on the WoO side just on a smaller scale. Why does everything need to be a debate? If you can't see my point that the guy has had SOME experience well then you are just going to see what you want to see anyway.

Cherokee Speedway
Cleveland Speedway
Smoky Mountain Speedway
Atomic Speedway
Tazewell Speedway
Wythe Raceway
Lavonia Speedway
I-20 Speedway
Columbus Speedway
Dixie Speedway
Rome Speedway
Dirt Track at Lowes (Charlotte)
Lancaster Speedway
Volusia Speedway
Golden Isles Speedway
Swainsboro Raceway
Thunder Valley Speedway
Toccoa Speedway
Talladega Short Track

zyoung25
12-11-2016, 12:36 PM
I'd like to see Chris do it, it just seems to me he likes being around for the family at times.

DoubleZero
12-11-2016, 01:15 PM
flagone, thanks for posting here.

drano
12-11-2016, 01:55 PM

I agree, that's why you the see the same 10 or 12 people doing all the posting on here they know it all.

johnE
12-11-2016, 02:39 PM
flagone, most of us appreciate your info and insights, thanks for sticking to it.

Maybe there is a big time sponsor out there to help CMR chase that championship.

plunks7
12-11-2016, 04:04 PM
flagone, most of us appreciate your info and insights, thanks for sticking to it.

Maybe there is a big time sponsor out there to help CMR chase that championship.

I feel the same way flagone.

dirtdobber45
12-11-2016, 06:16 PM
flagone, most of us appreciate your info and insights, thanks for sticking to it. I feel the same way Flagone and yes SAS used to be a great regional series. But it has dwindled some.

jog49
12-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Doesn't really matter what any of you think. Madden has made the comment in the past that he would like to try one of the national tours before his racing career ends. I think he should attempt his ambition.

gorj
12-11-2016, 06:34 PM

Thanks for letting us know he IS considering the WoO tour and for your posts and insight and some others I continue to read this board everyday. This 4forum has changed a lot.

calverton
12-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Flagone thanks for posting and giving your insight,some don't understand you when you taste what it means i would like to see chris runthe woo series

Highside Hustler25
12-11-2016, 07:26 PM

My apology's. I now understand you're word is Gospel and if someones opinion differs, God forbid. All I did was give my opinion.
I will refrain from any disagreement in the future. On the side, I hope Madden runs the whole tour. WoO needs all they can get.
Again, my apology's.

calverton
12-11-2016, 07:33 PM
ho hh25 he is just giving his insight your ideas are just a little different than his no big deal , I am amazed how many guys no matter how big the tour are committed to such tour

clanton25fan
12-11-2016, 10:53 PM

You sure are narrow between the ears and your reading comprehension sucks. Flagone was talking about the travel grind and not being home with family every weekend. Not how much money each series pays out or the competition. So get a clue before you open your mouth.

GEAR_HEAD
12-11-2016, 10:59 PM
My apology's. I now understand you're word is Gospel and if someones opinion differs, God forbid. All I did was give my opinion.
I will refrain from any disagreement in the future. On the side, I hope Madden runs the whole tour. WoO needs all they can get.
Again, my apology's.

He hates all fans and thinks that their opinions don't matter. He feels that the drivers' input is all that matters and the fans don't deserve to see exciting formats. Whatever whiners like Clanton say is all that matters.

Barbecueboy
12-12-2016, 07:31 AM
You guys have lost your minds............

calverton
12-12-2016, 07:52 AM
And your point is , hey bbq boy did you get my email about hammerle

Stede Bonnet
12-12-2016, 09:10 AM
Chris is a 2-time Southern All Stars Champion so he has had a taste of travel/series grind. He IS strongly considering following the WoO tour in 2017.

I agree with you, Chris is no stranger to the road. Though SAS is regional and WoO is semi-national, parallels can be drawn for your argument and I get it. Is it a more intense unter-taking to run WoO? Sure. But Chris has been on the road more or less for more than a decade and probably went about his racing in a more logical approach than most by keeping his ego in check and making racing choices that make $ense. Best of luck to Madden in 2017!

badacefaist19
12-12-2016, 09:25 AM
Didn't Madden follow the WoO for a couple of months in 2008 or 2009? It was the year him and Scott battled it out for the Colossal 100 and Madden got 2nd. Think he followed it up the east coast at least. Anyways, he would be fine on the tour.

Flagone, you are a long time poster, enjoy your input and knowledge. These idiots nowadays drive a lot of people out of here, but you just gotta look past most of it like ads on any other website.

Bubstr
12-12-2016, 10:29 AM
You guys have lost your minds............

Which guys are you talking about? The ones having fun by disrespecting others or the others that expect nothing less from this forum?

Seems as soon as someone disagrees, most know the name calling and ridicule comes next. That's the way it is here. You among others in here own that. You can also own why people that respect others and expect some respect, don't post here. But go ahead and the regular, abusive posters here will continue to have fun at others expense and drag this forum down. Disrespect is the mentality of this forum now.

Flagone, may have been a little touchy about the posters that disagreed, but he has seen this Dog and Pony Show before also. and was again reminded. The attitude of this forum needs to change or it will never be a place to exchange ideas again, just smack talk.

NY DIRT
12-12-2016, 10:33 AM
You sure are narrow between the ears and your reading comprehension sucks. Flagone was talking about the travel grind and not being home with family every weekend. Not how much money each series pays out or the competition. So get a clue before you open your mouth.

I am so sorry that my post offended you. I realize that I am an a$$ hole and am very stupid. Please accept my apology.

jog49
12-12-2016, 10:55 AM
The WoO chase, just like the championships of other racing organizations, is calculated on points during the course of the season. That said, if Madden chooses to run the entire season, he is fully capable of winning the title, and doesn't need too much luck or mojo to do it.

Barbecueboy
12-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Which guys are you talking about? The ones having fun by disrespecting others or the others that expect nothing less from this forum?

Seems as soon as someone disagrees, most know the name calling and ridicule comes next. That's the way it is here. You among others in here own that. You can also own why people that respect others and expect some respect, don't post here. But go ahead and the regular, abusive posters here will continue to have fun at others expense and drag this forum down. Disrespect is the mentality of this forum now.

Flagone, may have been a little touchy about the posters that disagreed, but he has seen this Dog and Pony Show before also. and was again reminded. The attitude of this forum needs to change or it will never be a place to exchange ideas again, just smack talk.

Neither.......there are more than just the two options you offered up to try and paint me in a corner.

Try again, this time ......try harder.

Getting disrespected is something that you should be totally used to because you've worked so hard to earn that disrespect.......Mr. Carlton on the other hand, not so much.

To say he doesn't have the fans interest at heart and is only in it for the racers is just plain wrong.....period.......anybody that thinks differently has had or is in need of a fresh labotomy.

Barbecueboy
12-12-2016, 11:18 AM

Still Choking on those chill pills I see..........glad you can own it.

Respect is earned btw........that is the sole reason nobody gives you any.

NY DIRT
12-12-2016, 03:02 PM

I have had a while to digest your attack on me so I will try to choose my words carefully. Remember the wild west shootout last year? The race that Shane Clanton pulled the slide job on the leader of the race. My opinion was the slide job was executed perfectly and the guy had 2 options. He could settle for second, have his car in one piece and take home second place money or he could take Shane out and destroy both cars. He chose the second option and then bad mouthed Shane in the live interview after the race. I thought that was real lame and I posted a thread on this site. I said that if I was the owner of the car that this driver used to act like a child and destroy 2 expensive race machines, I would fire him on the spot.

Now after your attack on me for a MISTAKE I made on a post on this web site I have only one thing to say to you. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year because I can not bad mouth anybody that is a fan of Shane Clanton.

TackyTracker
12-12-2016, 03:31 PM
maybe this is the year Madden steps out and tries it... He'd be a threat to contend but I wouldn't say he'd win it

seifertfan2
12-12-2016, 06:43 PM
I said a taste. Geez. There is ABSOLUTELY some comparison. Missing weekends with family. Passing tracks close to you having shows so you can go to the tour events. 3 day weekends with minimal prep and maintenance time. Sleepy driving. Windshield time. Blowing and breaking engines and parts on the road. So, yes, there is some comparison.

Kelly, we really appreciate your posts always useful and very insightful. I know its a smaller scale but he has always ran the Southern Nats and is a 5 time champion. It is 10 races in 13 days. Im by no means saying that would make him the favorite to win the WoO just a contender as he is very good at points racing. Selfishly I wouldnt get to see him him run near as much as usual but I would also like to see him do it. Hell it would probally get me to maybe some new tracks to watch him run some WoO races.

gorj
12-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Kelly, we really appreciate your posts always useful and very insightful. I know its a smaller scale but he has always ran the Southern Nats and is a 5 time champion. It is 10 races in 13 days. Im by no means saying that would make him the favorite to win the WoO just a contender as he is very good at points racing. Selfishly I wouldnt get to see him him run near as much as usual but I would also like to see him do it. Hell it would probally get me to maybe some new tracks to watch him run some WoO races.

Y'all going to Screven and or Brunswick ?

dirtdobber45
12-12-2016, 09:56 PM
I have had a while to digest your attack on me so I will try to choose my words carefully. Remember the wild west shootout last year? The race that Shane Clanton pulled the slide job on the leader of the race. My opinion was the slide job was executed perfectly and the guy had 2 options. He could settle for second, have his car in one piece and take home second place money or he could take Shane out and destroy both cars. He chose the second option and then bad mouthed Shane in the live interview after the race. I thought that was real lame and I posted a thread on this site. I said that if I was the owner of the car that this driver used to act like a child and destroy 2 expensive race machines, I would fire him on the spot.Now after your attack on me for a MISTAKE I made on a post on this web site I have only one thing to say to you. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year because I can not bad mouth anybody that is a fan of Shane Clanton.Yall gonna go make snow angels together..lmao...couldnt help it...lmao

clanton25fan
12-12-2016, 11:09 PM
I have had a while to digest your attack on me so I will try to choose my words carefully. Remember the wild west shootout last year? The race that Shane Clanton pulled the slide job on the leader of the race. My opinion was the slide job was executed perfectly and the guy had 2 options. He could settle for second, have his car in one piece and take home second place money or he could take Shane out and destroy both cars. He chose the second option and then bad mouthed Shane in the live interview after the race. I thought that was real lame and I posted a thread on this site. I said that if I was the owner of the car that this driver used to act like a child and destroy 2 expensive race machines, I would fire him on the spot.

Now after your attack on me for a MISTAKE I made on a post on this web site I have only one thing to say to you. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year because I can not bad mouth anybody that is a fan of Shane Clanton.

I apologize. You are right. I probably could have chosen my words a little better to make my point. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-13-2016, 08:20 AM
An opinion based website. Most of the opinions in this thread were intelligent, even if they differed, but then the butthurt still crept in. I always love jog stepping in and saying your opinion doesn't matter, you're right, it doesn't, and neither does yours. We come here with our opinions knowing they aren't the gospel, well most of us know they aren't, some think they are the Pope.

I think Madden could finish top 3 in the WoO, but, the FACT is he has never finished a national tour that he started on. So if he finishes, then yeah, he could be top 3 for sure.

W2Racing09
12-13-2016, 08:53 AM
An opinion based website. Most of the opinions in this thread were intelligent, even if they differed, but then the butthurt still crept in. I always love jog stepping in and saying your opinion doesn't matter, you're right, it doesn't, and neither does yours. We come here with our opinions knowing they aren't the gospel, well most of us know they aren't, some think they are the Pope.

I think Madden could finish top 3 in the WoO, but, the FACT is he has never finished a national tour that he started on. So if he finishes, then yeah, he could be top 3 for sure.

If he runs the full tour I would pencil him in as the favorite, B. Shepp and Clanton would have a great chance to win it all too but Madden to me is in the next level. Would love to see him run the whole thing. Those three alone should be a decent draw for the WoO, that is a solid top 3 lineup.

Thanks,
Jeff.

fastford
12-13-2016, 09:44 AM
flagone, i appreciate you post as well, and i realized you were making a comparison based on the demands of being away from home and not the size or payout of a series , i think some times the contradictors should think things through before they post and this place would be a better place,

seifertfan2
12-13-2016, 06:09 PM
Y'all going to Screven and or Brunswick ?

Hey Phil, as of right now the plan is to be at both places. How about you?

gorj
12-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Hey Phil, as of right now the plan is to be at both places. How about you?
Planning to do the same

jlacey
12-15-2016, 03:32 PM

Lol.......

dirt crow
12-17-2016, 08:03 PM
If he does run the entire WoO schedule, there's no way in hell he should win a so called rookie title. That'd be the stupidest thing in the history of dirt racing.

NY DIRT
12-17-2016, 09:17 PM
If he does run the entire WoO schedule, there's no way in hell he should win a so called rookie title. That'd be the stupidest thing in the history of dirt racing.

Who said he was going to run for rookie title? Since he won a feature at the world finals this year, I do not think he is eligible to run for rookie crown..

gorj
12-17-2016, 09:36 PM
He's never ran an entire WoO season full time, as long as he's approved for rookie status and runs the selective races for rookie points. I would say top 6 in points and wins Rookie Title .

dirt crow
12-17-2016, 09:48 PM
Who said he was going to run for rookie title? Since he won a feature at the world finals this year, I do not think he is eligible to run for rookie crown..

Buddy I don't know how it works. All I know is there's been rookie titles given to drivers in the past that ain't no rookie.

dirt crow
12-17-2016, 09:51 PM
He's never ran an entire WoO season full time, as long as he's approved for rookie status and runs the selective races for rookie points. I would say top 6 in points and wins Rookie Title .

He's in DoD's top 5 drivers of the year. He ain't no rookie. If he can run for it, that's stupid.

Josh Bayko
12-17-2016, 10:22 PM

He started off running the WoO in 07, but dropped off after the Firecracker. I'm thinking that would probably disqualify him from winning RoY.

rickybrown1952
12-18-2016, 12:03 AM
I've been told that Madden IS going to run woo in 17 for sure so I guess that settles it

gorj
12-18-2016, 07:15 AM
He started off running the WoO in 07, but dropped off after the Firecracker. I'm thinking that would probably disqualify him from winning RoY.

Yeah I remember that, we'll see how WoO views it. IMO he is above rookie status.

toyracer
12-18-2016, 08:23 AM
Is on DOD he will run for WoO.

I'm sure just like in the past if he struggles & doesn't have a shot @ the title he will drop off

dirtdobber45
12-18-2016, 08:45 AM
Chris will run til hes mathematically eliminated. No ROY

bullittwrench
12-18-2016, 09:49 AM
I hope he sticks with it. Would love to see him run at Port Royal.

seifertfan2
12-18-2016, 09:59 AM
In none of the releases ive seen has no mention of running for RoY. He won the 25k Commonwealth 100 the 1st yr when it was WoO sanctioned, so Im sure that means he cant run for RoY. Most series RoY contenders cant be won races that pay that much money. Really other than the 10k bonus at the end of the yr what else does that RoY title really mean.

rickybrown1952
12-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Can't wait till the start of the woo 2017 season going to be interesting to say the least don't get to see Madden very often but will next July at the ump summer natlonals with the woo next July at i-55 Raceway in Pevely mo