PDA

View Full Version : Another Gateway Dirt Nationals Question....sorry guys...

DarrellGoode
12-12-2016, 09:38 PM
I know there are a lot of threads posted. Well here is another one. I have not seen on their website nor facebook page about what time doors open for fans? Don't want my son and I to be standing out there in the cold for hours waiting for it to open. Any info is appreciated.

calverton
12-12-2016, 09:44 PM
I think they said somewhere around 3 pm

DarrellGoode
12-12-2016, 09:50 PM
But that is when hot laps start. Surely that can't be right.

calverton
12-12-2016, 09:54 PM
that's what they are saying and no hot laps thurs

rickybrown1952
12-12-2016, 10:37 PM
All I know pit gates open at 1 pm

Nasty55
12-13-2016, 04:08 AM
Thur. Dec. 15th
8a.m.- 10a.m. – competitor parking finishing
10a.m. – pit gates open
3p.m. – on track activity begins
qualifying round 1
qualifying round 2
*competitors best time from 2 rounds of qualifying will be taken. The top 100 qualifiers from each division will transfer to friday & saturday racing. All open wheel modified qualifiers from 101-140 will transfer on to non-qualifier races which will conclude on thursday night. All open wheel modified qualifiers from 141-250 fail to qualify for the remaining weekend events. All super late model qualifiers from 101-120 transfer on to a non-qualifier race which will conclude on thursday night. All super late model qualifiers from 121-150 fail to qualify for the remaining weekend events*
open wheel modified non-qualifier #1
$750 to win $50 to start (even qualifiers from 102-140 – 20 total cars)
open wheel modified non-qualifier #2
$750 to win $50 to start (odd qualifiers from 101-139 – 20 total cars)
super late model non-qualifier
$1,000 to win $50 to start (qualifiers from 101-120 – 20 total cars)
*all non-qualifier race winners will have the option to take the race winnings, or to race friday & saturday instead*
10 open wheel modified heats conclude thursdays program

DarrellGoode
12-13-2016, 08:01 AM
That is a bunch of crap if they open the doors right when it starts. People paid a lot of money and we want to see everything. I'll have an angry kid with me.

calverton
12-13-2016, 08:10 AM
it will be ok

CIRF
12-13-2016, 08:17 AM
it will be okLike we should all take comfort in what a fool like you says. LOL!!

calverton
12-13-2016, 08:38 AM
better than some jack meat knocking down the event and it has not even begun now that's being foolish is if the men that's putting it on says it will be great it will I 've known one of them and their family for many a year

CIRF
12-13-2016, 08:46 AM
better than some jack meat knocking down the event and it has not even begun now that's being foolish is if the men that's putting it on says it will be great it will I 've known one of them and their family for many a year

I repeat......like we should all take comfort in what a fool like you says. LOLOL!!

DarrellGoode
12-13-2016, 10:44 AM
Ok I just got off the phone with the Dome At America's Center. They say doors will open at 2:30 all 3 days. That gives you 30 min to get in there and get your seat. Certainly not the typical dirt track that opens gates a couple of hrs before the event. But like they have said from the beginning, this will not be your typical event. I'm looking forward to getting there Friday!

zach51
12-13-2016, 10:48 AM
And like a typical event, I'm sure they'll be running behind so you should have plenty of time.

CIRF
12-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Ok I just got off the phone with the Dome At America's Center. They say doors will open at 2:30 all 3 days. That gives you 30 min to get in there and get your seat. Certainly not the typical dirt track that opens gates a couple of hrs before the event. But like they have said from the beginning, this will not be your typical event. I'm looking forward to getting there Friday!

Thanks for doing the leg work and posting the info, DG.

2:30 PM opening time will give us some time to look around The Landing and get some lunch and a couple of beers.

See ya'll Friday!

DarrellGoode
12-13-2016, 11:00 AM
I'm sure you are correct. It probably won't start right at 3:00. So in this case, that will be a good thing! And you are welcome CIRF!

bullring
12-13-2016, 11:02 AM
^^^ I think if you stay to the final checkered each night you'll be happy you didn't get in before 3.

plunks7
12-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Thanks DG, CIRF and Calverton on updated info. I appreciate it !!!!!! See ya their. I will be wearing a Little caesars shirt with #7 on back with an A on the front. Along with a little caesars hat. Please look for me for me as I would like to talk to some 4mers. Thanks!!!!

CIRF
12-13-2016, 12:25 PM
We'll try to remember to keep an eye out for you, Plunks.

Bubstr
12-13-2016, 12:46 PM
Seems there was so many tech problems to overcome, some of the basic stuff was overlooked. Door opening times, how many laps in the heats , consys and if there is any invert in any of the races, or a straight up start.

Here I come with toter and trailer at 10.00 to get in the pits. The wives and kids get out to go to general admission and have to wait 4 and 1/2 hours? That can't be right. Race fans are a community, most races a few of us get together and see if the rest are still kicking, tell a few stories and discuss the races we have seen and maybe a drink from concession stand of coarse. Not much time for that. If us old codgers was to put a little wager on the race, It would be nice to know if there was a invert on the heats. Possibly a map or directions to parking and entry doors. Handicap access or parking? A lot of these little things make a difference in the experience and must have been overlooked.

rickybrown1952
12-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Ok I just got off the phone with the Dome At America's Center. They say doors will open at 2:30 all 3 days. That gives you 30 min to get in there and get your seat. Certainly not the typical dirt track that opens gates a couple of hrs before the event. But like they have said from the beginning, this will not be your typical event. I'm looking forward to getting there Friday!I'm sure that's what they said but the track where I go spectator gates are supposed to open at 5pm but they generally open at about 4pm

bullring
12-13-2016, 02:59 PM
I thought I read that the arena had no parking for fans attending the event. Does that sound right?

calverton
12-13-2016, 03:36 PM
Plenty of parking just assoc to stadium there has been baseball football even hockey playing at the same

Clayton_Wetter
12-13-2016, 03:39 PM
I thought I read that the arena had no parking for fans attending the event. Does that sound right?

No it doesn't and calverton will be pulling a rickshaw to the Arena. haahaahahahaa

chupp n bloomer fan
12-13-2016, 07:40 PM
No it doesn't and calverton will be pulling a rickshaw to the Arena. haahaahahahaaJust keep him away from sidewalks.;)

chupp n bloomer fan
12-13-2016, 07:41 PM
better than some jack meat knocking down the event and it has not even begun now that's being foolish is if the men that's putting it on says it will be great it will I 've known one of them and their family for many a yearSays the guy telling us the tickets were basically sold out after someone told you repeatedly that they were opening up a section at a time.

Clayton_Wetter
12-14-2016, 05:32 PM
I repeat......like we should all take comfort in what a fool like you says. LOLOL!!

Hey CIRF, it will be ok hahhahhaahahaaa

Clayton_Wetter
12-14-2016, 05:34 PM
Just keep him away from sidewalks.;)

Yeah right, like maybe pulling it right down the wrong direction on a one way street!!! chop chop