PDA

View Full Version : Watching Gateway wreckfest on DOD

ride height
12-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Its too bad the track couldnt be a little bigger. Its just too small. I wanted this to be awesome, but so far its pretty sad. The track "wants " to be racy, but its just not big enough to race a full size car. Midgets would be awesome maybe, but LM's? It just aint cuttin it. It was a nice try, and I salute the promoters for trying. DOD's production of the race isnt bad at all. Its not CBS, but they do a pretty good job.

bullring
12-16-2016, 06:59 PM
100 times better than Indy Invite

shagger
12-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Its too bad the track couldnt be a little bigger. Its just too small. I wanted this to be awesome, but so far its pretty sad. The track "wants " to be racy, but its just not big enough to race a full size car. Midgets would be awesome maybe, but LM's? It just aint cuttin it. It was a nice try, and I salute the promoters for trying. DOD's production of the race isnt bad at all. Its not CBS, but they do a pretty good job.I don't understand why they have watered and run in the top of the track over and over but have done absolutely nothing to the bottom which is causing 90 percent of the wrecks. Ben Shelton and all the other announcers can talk all they want to about them doing a good job with the track but they are NOT. I came here with an open mind despite all the negativity. I just told someone that was coming tomorrow to just save their money and stay at the house.

ride height
12-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Haha. Well ok. Then Indy must be pretty bad. STL is my hometown, and I want it to be a good event.....Im not whining....im just being honest. Actually i think the turns is just so tight, its causing alot of wrecks. I dunno...maybe it will improve, however at the moment, this isnt exactly good racing.

kidrock
12-16-2016, 07:39 PM
I wonder how many drivers have actually raced on a small track like this. Wrecks are going to happen so, better get used to it.

nightmare_begins
12-16-2016, 07:46 PM
The drivers asked them to to leave the bottom alone and continue to work the top. That's why!!. By the way it's working!!!

GEAR_HEAD
12-16-2016, 08:05 PM
I don't understand why they have watered and run in the top of the track over and over but have done absolutely nothing to the bottom which is causing 90 percent of the wrecks. Ben Shelton and all the other announcers can talk all they want to about them doing a good job with the track but they are NOT. I came here with an open mind despite all the negativity. I just told someone that was coming tomorrow to just save their money and stay at the house.

It would be stupid to touch the bottom, you want the bottom to slick off unless you want to see a freight train around the bottom.

93Nelson
12-16-2016, 08:17 PM
My god I have never seen a group of people complain so much about something like this event. Get a life.... Peeps

shagger
12-16-2016, 08:23 PM
My god I have never seen a group of people complain so much about something like this event. Get a life.... PeepsIt's working? Over 100 cautions. What a bunch of dumbasses.

jr29
12-16-2016, 08:25 PM
My god I have never seen a group of people complain so much about something like this event. Get a life.... Peeps

It's 4m.
The racing is pretty good and it looks like the show is gonna be over at a decent time. People LOVE to complain.

nightmare_begins
12-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Naw your the dumbass.... sitting behind your (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) computer and do nothing but complain. This many cars coming through the heats your gonna have cautions. On a bigger track most would be single car cautions. Track like this u collect a few. No biggie, no real damage.. line up and go. U make it out
To be this big ordeal.

93Nelson
12-16-2016, 08:30 PM
It's working? Over 100 cautions. What a bunch of dumbasses.

You should have gone and shown everyone how it's done then.

It's 4m.
The racing is pretty good and it looks like the show is gonna be over at a decent time. People LOVE to complain.

Ya I know but it's been another level of complaining.

zyoung25
12-16-2016, 08:47 PM
One car has rolled......I'd call that a wreckfest too. If you don't like it.....shut it off and quit complaining about.

The racing has been awesome. A bunch of bent sheet metal, and flat tires. Sounds like short track racing to me.

93Nelson
12-16-2016, 08:57 PM
This has been awesome to watch. Racing has been good. Track is different which makes it fun. Wish I was down there and I hope this works out so it happens again so I could go.

nightmare_begins
12-16-2016, 08:59 PM
Very good show/event.... they have done everything possible to make this show a success.

jr29
12-16-2016, 09:02 PM
I had a ticket for the entire weekend but, decided to hang around home and see how the first year went. I'm now thinking about making the drive up tomorrow. This is great.

shagger
12-16-2016, 09:05 PM
Very good show/event.... they have done everything possible to make this show a success.I am not behind a computer. I am here smart one!!a trip that is going to cost me about 8-9 hundred dollars. !

nightmare_begins
12-16-2016, 09:14 PM
I am here too!

westlingracing
12-16-2016, 09:59 PM
Here all weekend. This is one awesome event!!! Don't know one here that think it's bad.

nightmare_begins
12-16-2016, 10:11 PM
Shagger not sure where your from or what kind of race fan u are. I am a traveler... I do very few local shows, unless they are hosting a series. All I'm saying is ive seen races at Belle Claire and Macon which is the same size as this track. The racing is tight but exciting just like it has been tonight. I think you would have to agree there has been some darn good racing tonight??

cjp0354
12-16-2016, 10:30 PM
Race of the year?!

nightmare_begins
12-16-2016, 10:36 PM
Think I just saw the best race of the year!!

cjp0354
12-16-2016, 10:37 PM
If that didn't light your fire, your woods wet

Ryan21mid
12-16-2016, 10:40 PM
Move over Eldora, Race of the year!!

MX304
12-16-2016, 10:41 PM
That was incredible.

cjp0354
12-16-2016, 10:41 PM
Crow, it's what's for dinner.

turnleftandgasit
12-16-2016, 10:52 PM
Diamond in the rough.

ptown
12-16-2016, 10:53 PM
So with 3 to go Bloomquist hits a huge hole bounces out of the groove and Babb goes by for the lead?

93Nelson
12-16-2016, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry but this is some great racing, if you think or thought otherwise, you not right in the head. Helluva show!

Barbecueboy
12-16-2016, 11:06 PM
It's a Georgia boot buffet up in this joint.........feet in mouth everywhere you look.

westlingracing
12-16-2016, 11:25 PM
How will they top this tomorrow? !!!!!!

Minny Lakes
12-16-2016, 11:34 PM
That Late Model race had to be nuts live inside the dome. It will be hard to top this tomorrow, but with how small the track is, as racy as it is, with all the lap traffic, and a bunch of money on the line, expect just about anything.

TUTY
12-16-2016, 11:57 PM
Amazing race, WOW !

Dirtdobber
12-17-2016, 12:05 AM
Lap traffic made the race. I was waiting on Bloomer to put the horns to Moyer Jr. I think a super smooth track wouldn't have made for as good of racing as it was. 40 laps is gonna be a riot!!!!

thexfactor0210
12-17-2016, 12:19 AM
Awesome race! Hate all the bashing. A rousing sucess

calverton
12-17-2016, 12:21 AM
That's belleclaire type racing the late model feature was awesome esp seeing babb and feger in the mix it looks like 3 and 4 are wider than 1 and 2 thought can't wait for tomorrow

zyoung25
12-17-2016, 02:16 AM
So with 3 to go Bloomquist hits a huge hole bounces out of the groove and Babb goes by for the lead?

Bloomquist missed the line he had been running in 1 and hit the hole in 2. It was his fault he didn't place better.

Seemed like everyone that was downing this race earlier in the thread, got awfully quite though.

nightmare_begins
12-17-2016, 03:12 AM
How quickly the negative nellies disappeared???? The sound of silence.... lol

Highside Hustler25
12-17-2016, 05:23 AM
How quickly the negative nellies disappeared???? The sound of silence.... lol

Exactly. Some folks need a new hobby.

People, ignore the naysayers. They haven't a clue as to how this sport works:rolleyes:

zach51
12-17-2016, 06:39 AM
I've never been so thrilled to have been proven wrong! I'm glad bloomer didn't turn Babb though he tried, there might have been trouble in the zero pit. I guess Scott was too busy trying to keep Lanigan at bay that he forgot to let off the gas to turn.

It would be nice if they figured out a way to keep those infield tires in place better, but heck at this point I'd say don't change a thing.

jr29
12-17-2016, 06:44 AM
unbelievable race.

Also very nice to see a west Tennessee guy, Matt Cooper, take the win in the mods.

Mantis
12-17-2016, 07:37 AM
Major props to all involved putting this show together.....some of the best racing I've seen all year.

toyracer
12-17-2016, 08:11 AM
Just watched on DOD.
As good a race I've see. In a long time

chupp n bloomer fan
12-17-2016, 08:24 AM
I've never been so thrilled to have been proven wrong! I'm glad bloomer didn't turn Babb though he tried, there might have been trouble in the zero pit. I guess Scott was too busy trying to keep Lanigan at bay that he forgot to let off the gas to turn.

It would be nice if they figured out a way to keep those infield tires in place better, but heck at this point I'd say don't change a thing.Lol. That little incident on that little track, and you think he was trying to turn him? Everything at that moment is happening so quick, you're on Babbs a$$, and he brakes just before you think he is, so yeah, you hit him in the a$$. You couldn't tell he also checked up to not turn him? Guess who Bloomers first choice is when he retires to put in a car? Babb. Bloomer fuked up, and they got around him, that's all.

I'm glad it turned out good for the fans, drivers, and promoters. I'd make a way to make them tires not move so easily. Cause Bloomer, and about everyone else just kept moving them in. Maybe put dirt in them and on the back side. Overall, I thought it was pretty good. Wasn't one lane, they were able to race, and the feature wasn't a crash fest at all. Props to all involved.

turnleftandgasit
12-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Dirt in and around them could lift them into the air, instead of sliding them, when hit.

kidrock
12-17-2016, 08:52 AM
Leave the tires alone and let them keep moving them. It made for a good show.

outacontrol
12-17-2016, 09:30 AM
Best feature I've watched in years, the nay sayers were completely wrong.

TerryM
12-17-2016, 09:51 AM
I fully admit I was one of those who didn't think putting super late models indoors would be a good idea. But I kept my opinion to myself instead of posting it on 4m 100 times -- because even when I think I'm right, I prefer to wait and see, and give someone the opportunity to prove me wrong. I'm so glad we got a great Friday feature. This will do much to advance our sport, especially the publicity aspect of it. Kudos to all involved!

56GWebbfan
12-17-2016, 09:59 AM
Having a blast and enjoying the awesome racing....worth every penny I've spent. For the minority of you guys to sit and home and complain - funny.

kidrock
12-17-2016, 10:01 AM
Having a blast and enjoying the awesome racing....worth every penny I've spent. For the minority you guys to sit and home and complain - funny.

I'm sitting at home but, I'm sure not complaining. watched it on Dod this morning and thought ity looked pretty entertaining

ptown
12-17-2016, 10:04 AM
I'm sitting at home but, I'm sure not complaining. watched it on Dod this morning and thought ity looked pretty entertaining

If the weather was better I'd drive down but I'm going to have to settle for DOD tonight.

kidrock
12-17-2016, 10:09 AM
If the weather was better I'd drive down but I'm going to have to settle for DOD tonight.

I don't blame you one bit. smart move

calverton
12-17-2016, 10:14 AM
Don't blame you a bit

ride height
12-17-2016, 11:05 AM
Glad it ended on a higher note. When I first started watching on DOD it was mod heats and it was a trainwreck. A caution every lap. Hope they keep improving. St Louis needs something good to happen too, so its a win win.

calverton
12-17-2016, 11:07 AM
Thursday night was real real bad almost did'nt go friday night i know a couple friend that didn't

TS FAN
12-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Really enjoyed the race for sure. Especially the last 5 laps

shagger
12-17-2016, 11:44 AM
Shagger not sure where your from or what kind of race fan u are. I am a traveler... I do very few local shows, unless they are hosting a series. All I'm saying is ive seen races at Belle Claire and Macon which is the same size as this track. The racing is tight but exciting just like it has been tonight. I think you would have to agree there has been some darn good racing tonight??I will say that the features and some of the Consi's were great.

yankeedawg
12-17-2016, 11:49 AM
I guess its time that I get out from under my rock and get dod.Could someone tell me If you become a member,is the ppv price cheaper?And if I cant watch today can I watch at a later date?Thanks and enjoy the racing.

calverton
12-17-2016, 11:54 AM
I believe they said no but join up great interviews and race coverage

over4T
12-17-2016, 12:07 PM
From both sides of the fence, as an owner/driver and as a spectator, it's interesting to see who considers it a good race. The fan likes the action with a lot of close, and sometimes rough, racing. The driver likes to get through the night without their equipment torn to he11 but the bottom line is if the fan likes it he'll return and the racer gets another night of racing in and, just maybe, a chance to cut the red ink for the season. Sort of a win-win for all.

zach51
12-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Some of the DOD PPV's give you a discount for being a member, however this one does not appear to be one of those.

ptown
12-17-2016, 01:16 PM
It's 35 dollars for tonight, for unknown reason there is no subscriber discount.