PDA

View Full Version : Rear mounted oil pump

lilsumo
12-17-2016, 09:45 PM
I am adding a rear mounted oil pump on a motor, on my little m block I just ran the line into the rear of the block, but I am using a stock 350 block. So i added a remote oil filter adapter and will be running the line into a oil filter block off plate, I am using Moroso 23840.

I am guessing this will work, as the motor is together and I do not want to drill into an oil passage and add a fitting.

Where do you all normally mount the remote oil filter? Not much room back there without running excess lines and the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit isnt stiff enough in my opinion.

How do you prime these pumps with the power steering and fuel pump hooked to it?

Thanks

RCJ
12-19-2016, 02:03 PM
I've used the moroso plate,Look at it carefully some are made for what you are doing, while others look similar but are not drilled internally the same.I've mounted filters to the pit but they are hard to get to ,mine is mount on the r/s behind the motor plate.I try to fill the filter and lines the first time I start a motor.