PDA

View Full Version : Page/Baird to team for 17

zyoung25
12-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Michael Page and Troy Baird to team for 2017, with sweet/bloomquist chassis and Durham Fords under the hood.

I watched Michael for the first time at the world 100, and he really impressed me. First time being there, and he placed in the top 10. Excellent news, for a small time guy guy getting a good ride.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-18-2016, 11:10 AM
Michael Page and Troy Baird to team for 2017, with sweet/bloomquist chassis and Durham Fords under the hood.

I watched Michael for the first time at the world 100, and he really impressed me. First time being there, and he placed in the top 10. Excellent news, for a small time guy guy getting a good ride.Hopefully it works out for him. Definitely a good opportunity, just gotta make sure he gets good results right away.

dalemcfan
12-18-2016, 12:30 PM
So does this mean Baird won't be sponsoring Davenport in 2017?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-18-2016, 04:17 PM
So does this mean Baird won't be sponsoring Davenport in 2017?

Pretty sure you are correct.
Baird seems to pull the plug on guys he has sponcored in the past. Hope it stays together.

toyracer
12-18-2016, 04:18 PM
He better win every time out or you can add his name to the long list of Baird drivers that don't work out.

RW57
12-18-2016, 04:36 PM
Page deserved this ride but one problem with Baird is he wants you to come to him to work on the cars. I know of at least 2 drivers who drove for him who left because it was just too much of a hassle with all the driving plus I get the vibe that he does expect you to win every race. No doubt it's all top notch equipment but his expectations might be a little unrelastic.

dirtdobber45
12-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Hope it works for them. Are they running a series?

Slideways
12-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Baird. No driver has ever been satisfactory, and none ever will.

Maybe Mr. Baird should climb in, strap in, and show 'em how it's done (Yeah right...).

zyoung25
12-18-2016, 09:58 PM
All I seen in the press release was, he would be at the ice bowl, and the rest of the schedule would be released soon.

tsand
12-18-2016, 10:21 PM
Heard Baird was all set to bank roll wright-davenport,new hauler 2 cars 3 clements motors he ask barry for a price quote for a new car for Page and was quoted pretty much full price which pissed Baird off so he pulled the plug on the deal.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-18-2016, 11:13 PM
Heard Baird was all set to bank roll wright-davenport,new hauler 2 cars 3 clements motors he ask barry for a price quote for a new car for Page and was quoted pretty much full price which pissed Baird off so he pulled the plug on the deal.

I was wondering what happened w that deal.

He had a new hauler for the #6 but they never got it. And was sticking w jd when he moved to bw.
Thanks for info

warriorracerg9
12-19-2016, 06:39 AM
The cars are being prepared at our team 18x shop. the first car is ready and the 2nd one will soon be ready. the schedule should be announced shortly. Michael is a great guy and an outstanding driver and is much deserving and appreciative of this opportunity.

Pennsboro23
12-19-2016, 07:27 AM
Page impressed me this past year at the World 100. That was my first time seeing him race. However, Baird doesn't stick with guys very long so who knows how this will end up. Overton was running really well in his stuff a few years ago and he pulled the plug. Had that team stayed together, i think Brandon would have had some big races on his resume by now.

MJD1rtBurner
12-19-2016, 09:44 AM
Warriorracerg9 when can we see the new car???

lightningfast
12-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Warriorracerg9 when can we see the new car???

The guy is unreasonable. With all the competition you can't win every time out.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-19-2016, 10:58 AM

There prolly better off w/o baird as he wants to have 100% input. Barrys a smart bussiness man and prolly did the right thing.

BTExpress
12-19-2016, 11:08 AM
I know Baird has a trucking company and sponsored Davenport, but being a fairly new DLM fan, can someone give me an abreviated history of his involvement in the sport????

Stede Bonnet
12-19-2016, 11:16 AM

Barry doesn't "DO" deals to my knowledge. Everybody pays full freight, even Bloomer did. Its also what usually leads to splitting, but you can't be doing "friend deals" in racing or you'll get raped, daily. I admire Barry's devotion to drawing a hard line. I know anytime I offered to help someone with what I know on shocks a little, from then on they expected free everything, calling all the time, showing up at the house anytime. This is why I don't answer PM's regarding shocks anymore, everybody wants free what I took years to learn. Its nothing personal, its just business. The way its gotta be.

Dirtfan04
12-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Page impressed me this past year at the World 100. That was my first time seeing him race. However, Baird doesn't stick with guys very long so who knows how this will end up. Overton was running really well in his stuff a few years ago and he pulled the plug. Had that team stayed together, i think Brandon would have had some big races on his resume by now.

I agree with you, but ironically, I think maybe this ended up working out best for Brandon in the long run. I think the team he's with right now is far superior. However, he may have never had that opportunity if the Fair Deal had not gone South.

Josh Bayko
12-19-2016, 12:22 PM
Somebody else will be in the Baird ride or the ride won't exist anymore by June. Yeah, it's always high end stuff, but Troy Baird has racing ADD unlike anybody else I've ever seen.

Stede Bonnet
12-19-2016, 02:51 PM
Somebody else will be in the Baird ride or the ride won't exist anymore by June. Yeah, it's always high end stuff, but Troy Baird has racing ADD unlike anybody else I've ever seen.

Is this the same guy that hired Ross Bailes a couple of seasons ago, had a Bloomquist car, but wouldn't provide any help. Seems like he quit because it was so UN-managible, is this the same team?

nuff said
12-19-2016, 03:16 PM
I believe you are correct.RLH was in it at one time also,it seems like Davenport was in it for a brief time after Hollingsworth.

zyoung25
12-19-2016, 06:38 PM
I know Baird has a trucking company and sponsored Davenport, but being a fairly new DLM fan, can someone give me an abreviated history of his involvement in the sport????

The Baird transport name has been around for a good while. He's sponsored several drivers in the south since he's been involved. He's been on with Madden. Hollingsworth, and Davenport are just a few names that I can think of. He ain't skeered to toss some money around. He's fielded cars for Steve Shaver, Overton, and Ross Bailes. I think Shaver was only in the car for just a couple races, then Overton replaced him.

MJD1rtBurner
12-19-2016, 06:45 PM
He's played the chassis game a lot too with both Club and Longhorn cars not too long ago.

zyoung25
12-19-2016, 06:48 PM
He even had a couple of the really old Bloomquist chassis. The one he had was one Rambo drove for Hamrick out of the SC region years ago. It was the one Overton drove at dtwc 2 years ago. I guess we can say that car was built Ford tough.

They were for sale, not sure if they sold or not.

tsand
12-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Steed bonnet that's the dumbest thing anybody has every said on here. Baird isn't somebody off the street. He had already committed a half a million dollars of equipment for this year for davenport and barry. That don't include the money he spent of them the first time he backed barry and jonathan a few years ago. You say you build shocks so your saying that if someone told you they will pay all your bills but they would like a set of shocks free you wouldn't do it. Hell barry could have given the man the car free and still would have been 400 thousands dollars ahead.

B_K
12-19-2016, 07:50 PM
Ronnie Lee Hollingsworth
Davenport
Travis Pennington
William Thomas
Chip Brindle
Steve Shaver
Overton
Ross Bailes
Kyle Bronson
Page

I'm sure I've left off someone.

Bwells
12-19-2016, 08:26 PM
I would also be surprised for this deal to last any length of time but think Micheal is deserving of this opportunity. I feel confident that he will make a good showing that will hopefully lead to more opportunities for him.

Slideways
12-19-2016, 09:09 PM
I wonder how long Page will be in that ride before he gets "Bairded"??

Stede Bonnet
12-20-2016, 09:40 AM
Steed bonnet that's the dumbest thing anybody has every said on here. Baird isn't somebody off the street. He had already committed a half a million dollars of equipment for this year for davenport and barry. That don't include the money he spent of them the first time he backed barry and jonathan a few years ago. You say you build shocks so your saying that if someone told you they will pay all your bills but they would like a set of shocks free you wouldn't do it. Hell barry could have given the man the car free and still would have been 400 thousands dollars ahead.

It's funny you picked my thread as the one that angered you since no one has yet said anything nice about Baird. I took up for Barry and that set you off, wow. But lets get this straight, Baird didn't give Barry $500K, he ordered 2 cars and from whats being said and wanted a deal on a third for another guy. I've never met Baird, only read of his exploits and they are entertaining. I admire Barry, I've always been a Barry Wright Race Cars man, I've had 2 of them, but everyone in my area(45 mins from Barry) knows how it works at his shop and Judy is gonna make sure everyone pays whats expected, no discounts that I am aware of. It may be dumb to you, but when your business is in the racing world everybody wants to be your friend, hoping for the buddy pricing... Best of luck on YOUR endeavors.

RW57
12-20-2016, 10:06 AM
I am gonna agree with the amount of money he was gonna give them they should have gave him a deal. To me it was not very smart business on Wright end hell the hauler and trailer if new was probably close to 500 thousand. I will call DUM ASS on this one.Probably 15 to 20 grand in parts and materials in a new car plus labor not very smart

RW57
12-20-2016, 10:12 AM
If Baird will let Page do his thing they should do well. He won in about 4 or 5 different brand chassis last year he has the magic touch on a grt like no one I have seen .

warriorracerg9
12-20-2016, 10:22 AM
If Baird will let Page do his thing they should do well. He won in about 4 or 5 different brand chassis last year he has the magic touch on a grt like no one I have seen . We work hard on the cars. there are 4 of us in our shop and Michael is definitely the "brains" behind the operation but its mostly just hard work. we work on these cars everyday and have a maintenance schedule second to none.

tsand
12-20-2016, 11:17 AM
That's what I'm saying barry could have sold the car at his cost and not lost any money on the deal. If Baird just bought 1 motor for barry it would have covered any profit he would had made on the car. As it is now the lost of Troy is money they will never recover. Your right about Barry he's a business man so unless he finds someone to replace Baird it will be a short season for him and JD because Barry is not going to spend his money to run a house car.

Slideways
12-20-2016, 01:38 PM
Look at J.D.'s new BWRC "Icon" car. I don't see hide nor hair of Baird's name on it.

cutman
12-20-2016, 02:09 PM
Look at J.D.'s new BWRC "Icon" car. I don't see hide nor hair of Baird's name on it.

If it's the crate you are referring to, that was someone else's car

NormP
12-20-2016, 08:01 PM
That's what I'm saying barry could have sold the car at his cost and not lost any money on the deal. If Baird just bought 1 motor for barry it would have covered any profit he would had made on the car. As it is now the lost of Troy is money they will never recover. Your right about Barry he's a business man so unless he finds someone to replace Baird it will be a short season for him and JD because Barry is not going to spend his money to run a house car.

Pretty sure Barry Wright's been around the block a time or two. He probably has a good handle on how to run his business after 40 years or so of building winning race cars.

Also pretty sure he will race as much as he wants to this season. No doubt they'll race well into the fall if not later.

dirtdobber45
12-20-2016, 09:37 PM
I think theres more to it than what their saying. Maybe Baird wanted more say so and instead of anyone saying his an ahole they found a polite way to let fans know. My opinion

Slideways
12-20-2016, 10:00 PM
You're right cutman, I think I was looking at photos of the crate car from Savannah.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-21-2016, 12:20 AM
I think theres more to it than what their saying. Maybe Baird wanted more say so and instead of anyone saying his an ahole they found a polite way to let fans know. My opinion

With that much sponcer money baird would want to be in control and barry has gone down that road w cbr plus its his bussiness.

dirtfanbob
12-21-2016, 12:49 AM
Tsand I'm so glad you know what goes on @ BWRC so much so that you must have been involved in the discussions with Troy. Please enlighten us how you know so much about this! Did you forget that Barry has operated house car teams out of his shop, with his money, PLENTY of times before? Or were you not invited to those team conversations in the past?
Please make sure you continue to stop by BW shop and investigate all that goes on to keep everyone on here posted of the JD/BW team.....cause you're gonna be shocked that they could actually have their sh&t together enough to NOT need someone who can't stick with a decision between breakfast and lunch on the same day. We will see just how badly not having Baird actually hurt the 49 team.....

dirtfanbob
12-21-2016, 01:01 AM
Nine times out of 10, Barry owns his house cars....Baird never was buying the cars or motors for JD. You'll see very soon when they announce their motor deal for next year just how wrong you are. And he was never giving them a hauler either. There are always way too many strings attached with Baird. Check your sources.
In fact, just quit posting you're so far off.

lightningfast
12-21-2016, 04:21 AM
[QUOTE=dirtfanbob;2068489]Nine times out of 10, Barry owns his house cars....Baird never was buying the cars or motors for JD. You'll see very soon when they announce their motor deal for next year just how wrong you are. And he was never giving them a hauler either. There are always way too many strings attached with Baird. Check your sources.
In fact, just quit posting

Pennington had the equipment for 8 weeks. With no help finished 2nd 3 times and Baird went on to the next driver. Maybe this deal will last a little while. Page can definitely wheel a car

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Tsand knows more than yall think he does.

dirtdobber45
12-21-2016, 01:19 PM
With that much sponcer money baird would want to be in control and barry has gone down that road w cbr plus its his bussiness.Aint that what I said. Ive known Barry since Buck Simmons drove for him. It floored me when he partnered with CBR. And since hes been down that dead end he has learned not to put up with that kind of bs. IMO he told Baird where to step off. The end

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-21-2016, 01:51 PM
Aint that what I said. Ive known Barry since Buck Simmons drove for him. It floored me when he partnered with CBR. And since hes been down that dead end he has learned not to put up with that kind of bs. IMO he told Baird where to step off. The end

Sorry about ur luck

dirtdobber45
12-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Sorry about ur luckWtf????? Lmao

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Wtf????? Lmao

Snipers points dumb azz!

dirtdobber45
12-21-2016, 05:11 PM
Snipers points dumb azz!We WERE talking about Barry and Baird. But just like a women gotta change subjects in mid stream...lol. Yeah you got me but next years coming

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-21-2016, 06:11 PM
We WERE talking about Barry and Baird. But just like a women gotta change subjects in mid stream...lol. Yeah you got me but next years coming

Ik what we were talking about. I dnt feel like pm you.

Back to thread topic!

chupp n bloomer fan
12-21-2016, 06:34 PM
Tsand knows more than yall think he does.What was the last thing he was "spot" on about? Can't remember, but he was full of sh!t then too.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-21-2016, 06:37 PM
Tsand I'm so glad you know what goes on @ BWRC so much so that you must have been involved in the discussions with Troy. Please enlighten us how you know so much about this! Did you forget that Barry has operated house car teams out of his shop, with his money, PLENTY of times before? Or were you not invited to those team conversations in the past?
Please make sure you continue to stop by BW shop and investigate all that goes on to keep everyone on here posted of the JD/BW team.....cause you're gonna be shocked that they could actually have their sh&t together enough to NOT need someone who can't stick with a decision between breakfast and lunch on the same day. We will see just how badly not having Baird actually hurt the 49 team.....

Nine times out of 10, Barry owns his house cars....Baird never was buying the cars or motors for JD. You'll see very soon when they announce their motor deal for next year just how wrong you are. And he was never giving them a hauler either. There are always way too many strings attached with Baird. Check your sources.
In fact, just quit posting you're so far off.Well said Bob. Personally, I'd want nothing to do with someone as unrealistic as Baird. I'm pretty sure Barry and JD will be just fine. Barry been at this for a little while, and him and JD are a good team. Mutual respect between them, which should go a long way.

gorj
12-21-2016, 07:11 PM
We work hard on the cars. there are 4 of us in our shop and Michael is definitely the "brains" behind the operation but its mostly just hard work. we work on these cars everyday and have a maintenance schedule second to none.

Any pics, and will yall be at GIS for the opening Lucas Race ?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-21-2016, 08:08 PM
What was the last thing he was "spot" on about? Can't remember, but he was full of sh!t then too.

Well ok you know somthing i dont. I dont have time and memory to know what everyone says and whos bs or not. I just know what i know wether right or wrong.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-23-2016, 12:52 AM
Well ok you know somthing i dont. I dont have time and memory to know what everyone says and whos bs or not. I just know what i know wether right or wrong.Why I asked, there was something that was touted as being a guranteed thing, and it wasn't true. Escapes me at this moment though.

dalemcfan
12-30-2016, 04:59 PM
Saw a pic of the car testing at Boyds but cant figure out how to post it

zyoung25
01-05-2017, 08:10 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2q9wfif.jpg

gorj
01-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Sharp car , thanks for posting.