PDA

View Full Version : Pierce Z/Z?

langdonracing48
01-26-2017, 10:51 AM
Anybody on here ever try running a clamped Pierce as a z link on both sides? I've been pretty curious and wanting to try it lately. How did y'all like it? End up having to make other changes to your setup?

Renegade Cust Susp
01-26-2017, 02:52 PM
Anybody on here ever try running a clamped Pierce as a z link on both sides? I've been pretty curious and wanting to try it lately. How did y'all like it? End up having to make other changes to your setup?

Have done it many moons ago it's about like running a spring leaf car

langdonracing48
01-27-2017, 05:08 AM
How does it compare to driving a regular swing arm setup? I've had good luck with swing arm and floated z link. Just never tried clamped.

Renegade Cust Susp
01-27-2017, 06:51 AM
How does it compare to driving a regular swing arm setup? I've had good luck with swing arm and floated z link. Just never tried clamped.

Do not know never run a swing arm car, just in theory I'm gonna guess it has less drive. I tried it to tame down a radical car on a rough race track, it worked.

langdonracing48
03-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Thank you both for the input. The track I'm running on is a paper clip high banked 3/8 that is more often than not very dry slick and takes rubber in a hurry. I'm gonna give it a shot at our test and tune next month and see what happens.