PDA

View Full Version : Jared Landers???

thexfactor0210
02-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Landers had some Speedweeks races on his schedule and now they have been taken off. Anyone know if he is still havin issues from last year and if he will be racing in 2017?

Pennsboro23
02-02-2017, 03:42 PM
I'm starting to wonder myself. That was a nasty wreck, could he be done?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-02-2017, 05:43 PM
I believe his health is still as good as DoD pronounced it recently.

tiger
02-02-2017, 06:15 PM
Landers had some Speedweeks races on his schedule and now they have been taken off. Anyone know if he is still havin issues from last year and if he will be racing in 2017?

I had heard some rumor about him and his old man having a falling out and them selling out.

thexfactor0210
02-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Maybe he did have a fallin out with his old man. I know that his old man was always upset with his driving in the past and how he was on equipment

chupp n bloomer fan
02-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Maybe he did have a fallin out with his old man. I know that his old man was always upset with his driving in the past and how he was on equipmentBut everyone's gotta admit, since he got with Bloomer he is leaps and bounds better. More consistent, not as wreck less, I mean, he was what, third in points.

Kwd1253
02-02-2017, 08:53 PM
But everyone's gotta admit, since he got with Bloomer he is leaps and bounds better. More consistent, not as wreck less, I mean, he was what, third in points.

I agree, he was coming in his own. The short time teaming up with Scott he improved miles. I hope he gets back in and stay teammates with Scott. To see how much more he progress.

Centeroff
02-02-2017, 11:34 PM
I think the falling out was more less over his old man putting his sons health before racing. I can't blame him one bit. I guarantee any father on this forum that had such a close call as the landers family would realize a son is much more important than anything in this world. Basically he said son I couldn't live with myself if you lost your life racing a car against the doctors orders. Jared, like any other true sportsman said he loves racing and if he dies doing what he loves than he goes out happy. Looks like the old man stood stern and a very intelligent move in my opinion!

MI Dirt Fan
02-02-2017, 11:52 PM
I had heard some rumor about him and his old man having a falling out and them selling out.

Is it legal to sell Bloomquist cars?

Centeroff
02-03-2017, 12:04 AM
MIdirtfan, I heard you sign a contract before your able to get a ride from Scott. I know plenty that have been bought and resold so that contract must not be worth the paper it's written on. He just doesn't want his design to end up in the wrong fabrication shop. Why do you think his ride is always covered down to the second each wheel and tire are removed. He believes people take pictures of his $hit man. Guess he figures he worked hard to find speed and he doesn't want anyone else stealing his design. Always heard a tale that one of his rides made it to Shinston but probably just a tall tale.

TheHeadHunter
02-03-2017, 12:58 AM
I think the falling out was more less over his old man putting his sons health before racing. I can't blame him one bit. I guarantee any father on this forum that had such a close call as the landers family would realize a son is much more important than anything in this world. Basically he said son I couldn't live with myself if you lost your life racing a car against the doctors orders. Jared, like any other true sportsman said he loves racing and if he dies doing what he loves than he goes out happy. Looks like the old man stood stern and a very intelligent move in my opinion!

Only one thing wrong with this post.. He was cleared to go back racing by the doctors.. It even said it in the DoD article i believe... Other then that, if i was a father, you gotta let your kids do what they love.. I have a boy and i would never want anything bad to happen to him, but if he was injured in a race car, got the clearance to race again, then i wouldnt pull the rug out from under him.. Just my two cents though.. Life is too short not to enjoy it doing what you love, if you can afford it..

Centeroff
02-03-2017, 01:22 AM
They can afford it. No doubt about that. I heard they were having the issue I posted before Charlotte. They say Jared wanted to come back then but the old man wasn't having it. I hadn't heard he was cleared to race. Initially I heard it was career ending bit of the dr released him to do what he loves?? Let him eat. I'm a fan of Landers! Dude comes to race

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-03-2017, 06:01 AM
MIdirtfan, I heard you sign a contract before your able to get a ride from Scott. I know plenty that have been bought and resold so that contract must not be worth the paper it's written on. He just doesn't want his design to end up in the wrong fabrication shop. Why do you think his ride is always covered down to the second each wheel and tire are removed. He believes people take pictures of his $hit man. Guess he figures he worked hard to find speed and he doesn't want anyone else stealing his design. Always heard a tale that one of his rides made it to Shinston but probably just a tall tale.
His rides have made it to jigs just like everyone else's.

Stede Bonnet
02-03-2017, 07:25 AM

I thought the doctors cleared him to race, so what doctors orders would he be racing against???

cutman
02-03-2017, 08:25 AM
I thought the doctors cleared him to race, so what doctors orders would he be racing against???

Dr. Daddy aka The $ Man lol

zyoung25
02-03-2017, 08:58 AM
He was cleared to come back a couple weeks before the Dome race.

I guess I can see both sides of it, if him and poppa did have a falling out. Jared has a kid, and it wouldn't be good for the boy to see his daddy in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. But then again, Jared had improved a ton the last 2 years and was probably going to be a top 3 threat this year, barring this injury of course, it would be hard to give up.

CRK
02-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Can't seem to fin the pic now, but there was a pic in instagram of Gavin's cars going into Jareds hauler this week.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-03-2017, 10:21 AM
MIdirtfan, I heard you sign a contract before your able to get a ride from Scott. I know plenty that have been bought and resold so that contract must not be worth the paper it's written on. He just doesn't want his design to end up in the wrong fabrication shop. Why do you think his ride is always covered down to the second each wheel and tire are removed. He believes people take pictures of his $hit man. Guess he figures he worked hard to find speed and he doesn't want anyone else stealing his design. Always heard a tale that one of his rides made it to Shinston but probably just a tall tale.Dunno about that. I heard the Blankenship falling out was over him taking it to Port City to be copied. Right after that is when Blankenship went to Rockets I think with Buckingham as his crew chief and ran really well. Then it all went out the window.

Krooser
02-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Those injuries are the reason why I am so against youngsters getting into high powered race cars at an early age... it's one thing to lose an adult child in a race accident but how would you feel if you lost a 12 year old?

TackyTracker
02-03-2017, 10:41 AM
nothing wrong with taking a year off if that's the case and come back next year.. hate this for Jared but health is much more important

TheHeadHunter
02-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Those injuries are the reason why I am so against youngsters getting into high powered race cars at an early age... it's one thing to lose an adult child in a race accident but how would you feel if you lost a 12 year old?

I agree with you 100%.. 10-16 year olds shouldnt be racing full sized cars.. Their body isnt fully grown, their brains arent fully developed yet, and the risk for a severe injury is a lot greater for that age range, as opposed to a grown mans body.. If my kid wanted to race (which he does) we are going to start him out in hobby stocks, after a year, move him up to a stock car, by then he will be 17.. If he wants to move up to modifieds, or late models, it will be when he is 18.. At least then he has some experience (seat time), and will be an adult and ready to make his own choices in life..

There will never be a time i wont worry about him, but watching him do what he loves trumps that fear or masks it.. Main point being, he will be an adult at that point in time, and old enough to make his own decisions. His body/brain will be developed and that might ease some of the fear that i have for him racing.. I know how dangerous racing is and or can be.. I have raced, been at the track for 37 years, watched a lot of things happen. Guys impaled, on fire, broken bones, but the one thing that remains constant, every one knows the risk they are taking by hopping into a race car.. Yet everyone doing it still, despite the accidents that do happen..

Again this is my opinion, as a father, and a racer.. Is Jared's dad wrong for letting him not race, after he has been for so long, possibly.. Its not his life to live, and Jared very well knows the consequence of what could possibly happen.. Jared has gotten better and better.. To be 3rd in the top Late Model series in the U.S. is a feat in itself.. Just wish his dad would leave that decision up to him, and not pull the rug out from JAred.. Jared knows he has a family at home, Jared makes his money racing or did.. Providing for your family should always be at the forefront of your noodle.. But there is a time to let it go and let the man continue doing what he loves..

TheHeadHunter
02-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Sorry for the long post people, thats just how i feel about the situation as a father and a fan... carry on..

thexfactor0210
02-06-2017, 09:42 PM
He will not be at Speedweeks and will not be driving for Lance Landers...

golddirt
02-07-2017, 10:15 AM
I understood it last year that Jared gave up racing due to the fear of possible paralysis if he had another accident like he had and decided to put his family first

thexfactor0210
02-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Jared is still looking to race but just no longer with his father

vande077
02-07-2017, 01:28 PM
As a parent, I would have sold it all and told him if he wants to race he is welcome to, just not on my dime because if anything were to ever happen, I would blame myself (thinking we should have done this or that to make him safer).

If I were Jared I wouldn't blame him one bit, and in fact would have welcomed it. I can't imagine the pain some parents have had to deal with when their kids got hurt or killed in a racecar they owned (heck, some can't deal with that pain when it comes to a street accident or football).

If Jared has kids of his own, he fully understands where his dad is coming from with his decision.

billetbirdcage
02-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Well, lots of people are assuming what the disagreement was about and that it had something to do with Jared's injury. It would be best to let the story come out before making assumptions it, when they are ready to talk about it I'm sure there will be a story or article about it.

This all happen a reasonable time ago and has many factors it wasn't just one.

Tireguy17
02-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Looks as tho Gavin is ready to go

https://twitter.com/gavinlanders/status/828033335469408256