PDA

View Full Version : lucas oil tv

non driving fool
02-15-2017, 01:15 AM
I decided to go for it , bought the lucas , bought the ROKU tv, bought the router to interface with this nice tv and man am I ever disappointed with it so far! Tonight was the worst , it was almost unwatchable. I sure hope someone gets this figured out!!!!

Tireguy17
02-15-2017, 05:59 AM
I was able to watch the entire night on my Roku with little issues after the initial fire up at 5pm, which seems to have some hiccups when they come on air at first.

What issues were you seeing or hearing?

bigq11
02-15-2017, 06:49 AM
Last night was the best I've had in 2 years. Nearly flawless for the entire show. Hope it is as good for the rest of the season. It has not always been that way.

Latemodel333
02-15-2017, 06:58 AM
It has been hit or miss since GIS with sound issues, digitizing/buffering etc... Each night things seem to be getting better, and I have no clue why but some have no or little issues at all. I have run speed tests, run it wired, wireless, and still have some problems. I have been watching Dirt on Dirt since they began and have no issues with them. I love the clarity, VALUE and overall show on Lucas tv, and cant complain for the cost of the entire year!! I wish DOD would offer a all inclusive package, and include live events, however I also understand they add to the schedule as they go....

Josh Bayko
02-15-2017, 07:28 AM
A lot of quality issues with streaming are dependent on the internet infrastructure at the track and at the end users house. Nobody ever seems to realize this.

bullring
02-15-2017, 07:32 AM
I had no issues last night. I use Google Chrome now instead of Internet Explorer. That took care of a lot of problems I was having before. Plus like Josh said your computer and internet service have a lot to do with results.

Josh Bayko
02-15-2017, 07:37 AM
I had no issues last night. I use Google Chrome now instead of Internet Explorer. That took care of a lot of problems I was having before. Plus like Josh said your computer and internet service have a lot to do with results.

I've never had any issues with any streaming service. I use Firefox and have the fastest internet Comcast offers at my house, though.

Mantis
02-15-2017, 07:40 AM
Other than the on-track mic issues during interviews I had zero problems streaming the show.

Chris Thomason
02-15-2017, 07:55 AM
On track mic has been my only issue as well. No sweat there though we all pretty much know what they are saying anyway. I stream on the Amazon fire Tv device, and it clears right up after a few minutes. Strange how it seems to be glitch right at the beginning. If Dod offered a package with live content as LM333 suggested (even at this quality) I'd be willing to pay double what the yearly subscription is now.

dangerdann
02-15-2017, 08:33 AM
i streamed mine off of my xbox 360 through a range extender into my garage and rele had no issues.sometimes the sound was low but not a big deal

CIRF
02-15-2017, 09:07 AM
Overall the broadcasts the past two nights have been very good. They would grade in at around 95%-97%. I had to refresh a few times but luckily this occurred primarily at times that we didn't miss all that much in the way of green flag racing.

We are located in an area where internet provider and download speed options are extremely limited. Thankfully our speeds are adequate to support live video streaming.

One minor point we have is that we're not all that enamored with the EB race announcers. But that is a matter of personal preference and a whole other subject for a whole other time.

GRT62
02-15-2017, 01:19 PM
60 bucks and you've already seen 4 complete shows, and will see 5 more before the week is out. Its kinda of hard to complain about that.

turnleftandgasit
02-15-2017, 01:44 PM
I watch on my computer, with a max internet speed of 12 dn 2 up. Lucas isn't the quality of DoD but they beat them quantity wise. I have little to no issues on DOD. Lucas has been getting better, but has a long way to go if DoD quality is their goal.

Mantis
02-15-2017, 02:00 PM
I've had just as much issue with DOD as I have with Lucas broadcast.
Maybe it's because using the Lucas app on the Xbone streams so much better than mirroring my entertainment PC to the big screen. Wish DOD had a few other device options for streaming to a large living room TV.

Pennsboro23
02-15-2017, 02:28 PM
I would be willing to bet it has more to do with the internet speed that you're watching it from.

Mantis
02-15-2017, 02:36 PM
I really don't have issues with either other than projecting DOD to the large TV puts a strain (lag) on my rather modest living room PC. I'm just to lazy to hook up a better PC via HDMI, lol.

kryptonite82
02-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Other than the audible issues they fixed Monday mine has been perfect. It's your internet my friend.

plunks7
02-15-2017, 03:46 PM
Other than the on-track mic issues during interviews I had zero problems streaming the show.

Same here, No problem

a25rjr
02-15-2017, 04:03 PM
A lot of quality issues with streaming are dependent on the internet infrastructure at the track and at the end users house. Nobody ever seems to realize this.

Not really true Josh. I have pmd lortv via fb, and they have admitted they are having problems with the broad cast.

It has gotten better each night, but.......the mic issue with the interviews has not gotten any better.

Snake X3
02-15-2017, 04:15 PM

^^^^THIS!

While I agree that the quality has been sub-par, last night it was a bit better and there is only so much they can do if the internet sucks at the track. I'm assuming they are streaming it via the internet at the track anyway.

The problems are coming from the track to Lucas's servers though. I ran trace routes on Lucas and they were flawless, so it has to be the connection between East Bay and wherever Lucas's servers are.

KAOS
02-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Well they could always rent satellite time (cheaper than you think) send it to there hub that way...The track wouldn't even need internet that way. Most of the time there is more to it then a simple racetrack to your computer connection

a25rjr
02-15-2017, 04:42 PM
^^^^THIS!

While I agree that the quality has been sub-par, last night it was a bit better and there is only so much they can do if the internet sucks at the track. I'm assuming they are streaming it via the internet at the track anyway.

The problems are coming from the track to Lucas's servers though. I ran trace routes on Lucas and they were flawless, so it has to be the connection between East Bay and wherever Lucas's servers are.

Any ideas about the mic issues? Its been the same all 4 races!

Ryan21mid
02-15-2017, 04:57 PM
Watched every night except night 1 at GIS and only issue we've had has been audio related with background music and such. Plus the on track mic's suck but not LORTV's fault there. Not really had any buffering issues to speak of.

Snake X3
02-15-2017, 05:34 PM
Well they could always rent satellite time (cheaper than you think) send it to there hub that way...The track wouldn't even need internet that way. Most of the time there is more to it then a simple racetrack to your computer connection

I actually thought they might have been using a satellite feed to relay to the servers. Maybe they are...I don't know.

Any ideas about the mic issues? Its been the same all 4 races!

No. No idea.

non driving fool
02-15-2017, 05:44 PM
We watched it on fri with problems then were not here on sat nite or Monday nite . when we watched the playbacks for those two nights and the grandson spent sat looking at the stuff already on there with no glitches. So with all new equiptment and the only problem being on the live show I find it kinda hard to think its on my end . I also realize there are a few know it alls around here so I don't pay much attention to them . I'm going to try again tonight and if it doesn't work right I'll get the cable co to check speed and strength. As for the comment about the price is right I couldn't agree more. But no matter what the cost you want it to work when you buy it!

KAOS
02-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Snake, at the TV station I work at we use something made by TVU for our live shots out in the field these are completely reliant on cell service and the quality suffers when there are more people are in area because they have cell phones. I have also been on the receiving end of a few Sporting KC games where the satellite feed was barely/not coming through due to them trying send it as economically as possible that and it raining outside the station

Snake X3
02-16-2017, 01:11 AM
Snake, at the TV station I work at we use something made by TVU for our live shots out in the field these are completely reliant on cell service and the quality suffers when there are more people are in area because they have cell phones. I have also been on the receiving end of a few Sporting KC games where the satellite feed was barely/not coming through due to them trying send it as economically as possible that and it raining outside the station

Yeah I really shouldn't say anything with regard to what they might be using for the upstream to the servers because I really don't know. What I do know is that if I can run a tracert to the Lucas servers and there are no issues, the problem has to be the feed going from East Bay to where the stream is hosted. In other words, I'm 100% certain the issues weren't with the people watching.

JCSullivan00
02-16-2017, 08:41 AM
I've watched all the races this season on a Fire Stick with REALLY good internet, 100Mb download. I've not had a single video issue.

I had an audio issue one night, but that was admittedly a Lucas issue.

The trackside mic also sucks, but that is not a Lucas problem.

Escobar
02-16-2017, 12:19 PM
It all boils down to internet connection. I had to upgrade mine last year to handle this new age of streaming all of our media. The people bitching about it don't realize that the problem is on their end, not Lucas Oil Racing TV.

a25rjr
02-16-2017, 01:30 PM
It all boils down to internet connection. I had to upgrade mine last year to handle this new age of streaming all of our media. The people bitching about it don't realize that the problem is on their end, not Lucas Oil Racing TV.

Nope......they have sent me messages stating that the issues were on their end

Bubstr
02-16-2017, 01:40 PM
This sounds like Bart Simpson, "you didn't see me do it, you can't prove a thing".

MEE
02-16-2017, 04:02 PM
I live in a area where we are limited to what speed we can get.
I had 3 meg last year and had no issues at all. This year I have 6 meg and have had a lot of picture and buffering issues.
I cant say why cause I'm a old man and don't know anything about these computers.
I'm using a new asus laptop with high speed processor with a HDMI cable hooked to a 4K ultra tv.
So it might be on my end but I'll never know.

CarolinaDirt
02-16-2017, 04:58 PM
I've watched all the races this season on a Fire Stick with REALLY good internet, 100Mb download. I've not had a single video issue.

I had an audio issue one night, but that was admittedly a Lucas issue.

The trackside mic also sucks, but that is not a Lucas problem.

Same but I have 40mb down speed with 3 TVs in the house also streaming (we cut the cable last year and haven't looked back) also using Fire TV box instead of stick.

I have only had one night of audio issue that was fixed before the heats . Picture has been flawless other than some glitches opening night at Golden Isle that also went away before the first heat

CarolinaDirt
02-16-2017, 05:01 PM
We watched it on fri with problems then were not here on sat nite or Monday nite . when we watched the playbacks for those two nights and the grandson spent sat looking at the stuff already on there with no glitches. So with all new equiptment and the only problem being on the live show I find it kinda hard to think its on my end . I also realize there are a few know it alls around here so I don't pay much attention to them . I'm going to try again tonight and if it doesn't work right I'll get the cable co to check speed and strength. As for the comment about the price is right I couldn't agree more. But no matter what the cost you want it to work when you buy it!

http://www.speedtest.net/ you can check your speeds yourself

Mantis
02-16-2017, 05:05 PM
I live in a area where we are limited to what speed we can get.
I had 3 meg last year and had no issues at all. This year I have 6 meg and have had a lot of picture and buffering issues.
I cant say why cause I'm a old man and don't know anything about these computers.
I'm using a new asus laptop with high speed processor with a HDMI cable hooked to a 4K ultra tv.
So it might be on my end but I'll never know.

How is your quality streaming only to the laptop?

speedemon3b
02-16-2017, 05:38 PM
Just subscribed to it today running it through my ps4 quality is outstanding

Escobar
02-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Nope......they have sent me messages stating that the issues were on their end

I've watched every night with no streaming/picture quality issues. Only problem I've is with the microphone having having problems. If the problem is on their end, what was it? It should have affected us all.

Driver50x
02-16-2017, 08:21 PM
I'm watching on an iPad in a motel. The live feed is fantastic quality. I live right by East Bay, but I'm stuck up in North Carolina for my job this week.

TUTY
02-16-2017, 08:52 PM
It works perfect.

Bubstr
02-16-2017, 08:53 PM
I don't know if anything changed, but I had a quality show all night. Thanks LORTV

Snake X3
02-16-2017, 08:58 PM
Essex said before the racing started that they changed up equipment and fixed the wireless mic issues. He apologized for the crappy feeds earlier in the week at East Bay and at Golden Isles. I only had an issue with the stream timing out once, so it was a big improvement.

a25rjr
02-16-2017, 09:11 PM
Yep.....had a few stutters and a couple refreshes. Mic issues fixed!

Best so far.....good job lortv!

non driving fool
02-16-2017, 10:47 PM
Ours worked fine all night, had to refresh once during the feature. What I don't understand is why so many people on here saying it has to be on the consumers end when lucas said they were having trouble then that they were getting it fixed. It seems that they just want to smart, but I see the same thing on a lot of threads by the same people--might be too much cell phone radiation to the brain? ha ha !!!!!! To the guys that work in tv and really know --Thanks , nice to know a little about it!

BloomerHarvickFan
02-17-2017, 06:55 AM
I also got the LucasOilTV for the first time. Watched the first race last night. I loved it. Well worth 60.00 a year.
The picture was great, the racing was fabulous last night so that helps.
It works great through the App on the XBox One. It was just like I was watching TV. Can't wait for the rest of the weekend on there!!!

fastford
02-17-2017, 07:34 AM
I also signed up last night and watched the race, i live out in the boon docks and can only get broad band , but i still only had some slight buffering issues, but i thought the broad cast was great, i give them an A. Lucas definitely has a new subscriber....

MEE
02-17-2017, 07:42 AM
much better last night.
I only had to refresh a couple times.

Thank you LORTV