PDA

View Full Version : Rocket XR1

TUTY
02-19-2017, 08:49 PM
It was pretty cool seeing B Shep's crew help Richards crew after the wreck.

dirtMAN007
02-19-2017, 08:52 PM
It was pretty cool seeing B Shep's crew help Richards crew after the wreck.

One in the same for the most part !

Zonks32x
02-19-2017, 09:54 PM
So that's why his son is no longer in the top funded ride in the game?? And is competing head to head against the greatest of all time. If it was all about his son at all cost, the "house" car would be running Lucas full-time.

grt74
02-19-2017, 10:09 PM
So that's why his son is no longer in the top funded ride in the game?? And is competing head to head against the greatest of all time. If it was all about his son at all cost, the "house" car would be running Lucas full-time.

you guys better believe there is two house car programs,with all the info richards has at all the tracks and brandon as a hired gun(which he has earned), smart business by mr richards,now what will be said if they can win both series,but I've have said for the past two years, b shep and bobby pierce were and are the ones to watch and they are both coming into their own, i think this will be one of the best years in racing in a while, really don't see any one person just flat dominating this year, but i maybe proved wrong, i hope not though

chupp n bloomer fan
02-20-2017, 04:20 AM
So that's why his son is no longer in the top funded ride in the game?? And is competing head to head against the greatest of all time. If it was all about his son at all cost, the "house" car would be running Lucas full-time.The Best team is lacking nothing. It's as well funded as any. There are two house cars now on opposing series. Very smart business move.

And it was about Josh doing his thing, being out from under his Dads thumb. The only thing Josh has known is working with his Dad and being under him his whole life. Ya know, how you guys b!tch about the younger generations, well, he is trying to go out on his own. Plus his wife is from that area.

Everything isn't always racing related either, I'm guessing it was as much about them two wanting to do their thing in life as it was about the racing for Dad stuff.

Latemodel333
02-20-2017, 04:49 AM
The press release when Josh told the world he was going to BP Racing said Mark was hired as an adviser -consultant etc.... Part of the article below.... Brock is paying Josh very, very well for his services, and he did want to quiet the crowds that said he couldn't win, or run as well without his Dad. From what he showed during speedweeks so far I say he has stepped up his game even more!! Congrats to the team for what they have done so far!!!!

" Shinnston, WV, November 16, 2016 –Mark Richards Racing, Inc. (MRRI), the 2016 World of Outlaws Champion car owner and driver Josh Richards have agreed to partner together for the 2017 season with Best Performance Motorsports. (Josh)Richards will race for Best Performance Motorsports team during the 2017 season out of their St Marys, Ohio race shop.
“Best Performance Motorsports team owner Eric Brock and I have reached an agreement for Josh (Richards) to drive the Best Performance Motorsports super dirt late model in 2017.” mentioned Mark Richards. “I can’t stress enough that Josh is still an important member of the Rocket Chassis family and feel that this is a great scenario for both organizations. We wish Josh nothing but the best for next year.”
In addition to car owner duties on the #1 Valvoline/Seubert Calf Ranches Rocket Chassis “house car”, Mark will also serve as a consultant/advisor on the Best Performance Motorsports super dirt late model."

MJD1rtBurner
02-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Ain't that Mark Richards somethin'?!

billetbirdcage
02-20-2017, 12:52 PM
I thought it was funny when Mark shoved the random guy checking out the RR of the Best car when Josh was in the hot pit. Mark was guarding it like a hawk, lol.

fuzzyracing
02-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Billetbirdcage, I seen that also! LMAO!! Ol' Tubby was dumbfounded!! Looked like someone just took his ball!

Scott1fan
02-20-2017, 03:42 PM
haha! this is funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8YUR_kkU0

a25rjr
02-20-2017, 03:57 PM
haha! this is funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8YUR_kkU0

LOL....I was sitting in the pit stands and didn't see it! Pops protecting his proprietary setup!

Josh Bayko
02-20-2017, 04:04 PM
Anybody know who the dude that got punked is?

Pennsboro23
02-20-2017, 04:07 PM
Anybody know who the dude that got punked is?

I heard he was with McCreadie.

Josh Bayko
02-20-2017, 04:14 PM
I heard he was with McCreadie.

I like how the dude with the Heckenast shirt on was looking at the tire when Mark told the guy looking at the back to f*ck off stood up and walked off real fast.

ClampedUp
02-20-2017, 05:18 PM
That guy should have popped him in the chops. Little man with Napoleon Syndrome getting all bowed up looking like he's carrying watermelons......

lw82
02-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Both appear to b checking tire wear. Common occurrence on pit stop. Zero comes in and turns into a large crowd of gawkers quickly

Barbecueboy
02-20-2017, 10:40 PM
Rambo maybe?

chupp n bloomer fan
02-21-2017, 04:27 AM
haha! this is funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8YUR_kkU0I'm sorry, but he deserved a healthy shove right back, fuk him.

MJD1rtBurner
02-21-2017, 05:36 AM
That guy should have popped him in the chops. Little man with Napoleon Syndrome getting all bowed up looking like he's carrying watermelons......AGREED!!!! If it weren't for Baker, I wonder how many cars they'd sell based merely off of Mark's sub-par attitude?

fastford
02-21-2017, 08:45 AM
lost a lot of respect for richards after seeing that, i dont care what the excuse, you do not put your hands on someone at a public event , i can promise you what would have happened if that had been me. and dont lucas have a rule about covering or hiding your suspension now?

chupp n bloomer fan
02-21-2017, 10:24 AM
lost a lot of respect for richards after seeing that, i dont care what the excuse, you do not put your hands on someone at a public event , i can promise you what would have happened if that had been me. and dont lucas have a rule about covering or hiding your suspension now?Agreed fastford. Yes they do, but it's in the special section dedicated to a certain car.;)

Barbecueboy
02-21-2017, 11:35 AM
This thread is destined for deletion.......

davis2902
02-21-2017, 12:15 PM
Looks like ole Mark is feeling the heat.

http://www.rocket1racing.com/single-post/2017/02/21/Statement-from-Mark-Richards-President-Mark-Richards-Racing-Inc

fastford
02-21-2017, 01:46 PM
maybe he does read 4m

RCJ
02-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Looking under somebodys car is a touchy subject with me.I don't blame him for the way he reacted.

Barbecueboy
02-21-2017, 03:20 PM
You never go up and hit or push someone unless you are ready for the same in return......same could be said about looking up under someone's car uninvited I guess.

President Clinton
02-21-2017, 03:43 PM
I bet he wouldn't have shoved Casey Roberts?????

dirtcrazy4u
02-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Many many years ago. Before rocket was ever thought ahout. Myself and a friend off mine dropped in at the Rodney Combs, Mark Richards shop. They were selling cars back then I don't remember if it was under Ed Howe's name or what ? But, sitting there in the shop was the car for the world 100 at eldora. Anybody remember the hand clutch that was in the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit of the #5 ? Told you long time ago, lol. Well the car was sitting there on a set of 4 grain scales. Mark was outside helping someone load a car up. So, my buddy decides he wants to see what the #5 weighs. Well all I'm going to say his Mark walked back in and I thought we were in for a disagreement of epic proportions. Pissed. He walked around that car moving the grain scales back to zero and told us by the time he came back around we better be gone. LOL. They took it, along with another car to the world 100, it was a lite car I do not remember what the weights were on 3 of 4 scales. That hand clutch deal, it was hydraulic, gave them fits. Thats my mark Richards story from wayyyy back.

davis2902
02-21-2017, 04:12 PM
Looking under cars, having track photographers paid to take pictures of a car, all this is nothing new. Looking at a rear tire happens all the time and from what's on that video, that's what it looks like the guy was looking at. There are a few secrets in the late model world and you can bet, you can't just look under a car during a pit stop and see them.

I helped a team once that had a Rocket and was a pretty successful venture and I remember guys in the pits walking by and looking at everything on the car all trying to figure out what we were doing. I even told a guy that had the same model car as we did what exact springs, shocks and setup we had on the car and he actually told me that the stuff we were running would not work and I told him it was taken right from the Rocket Setup book. Sometimes people are to worried about the trick stuff and overlook the simple things.

Barbecueboy
02-21-2017, 04:18 PM
I bet he wouldn't have shoved Casey Roberts?????

Soft spoken, tougher than a two dollar steak.........not many would want to fool around with that combo.

a25rjr
02-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Looks like ole Mark is feeling the heat.

http://www.rocket1racing.com/single-post/2017/02/21/Statement-from-Mark-Richards-President-Mark-Richards-Racing-Inc

Good job Mark! I don't think its necessary....we all know that's an unwritten rule in dlm racing!

Ole man still has a little fire in his belly! I like it!

Illtsate32
02-21-2017, 04:27 PM
So you are not allowed to cover suspension parts, and last I checked its not against the law to look (use your eyes) its not like he put his hands on the car, Richards was out of line...by all means say something if you like but dont put your hands on somebody...and it was a very light shove its not like he tried pushing him down...but still wrong..

NormP
02-21-2017, 04:58 PM
No no no!! It's ok to shove people! It's actually expected!! Just ask the Rocket nut huggers around here! They will be furious Mr. Richards actually acted like a man and issued an apology afterwards.

God forbid you step in front of the guy to block his view and politely tell him to mind his own business!! We can't have gentlemen in this sport, that just won't do!

All joking aside, it's very commendable of Mr. Richards to man up, apologize, and admit he over-reacted. Lots of other people would have simply waited for the incident to be forgotten.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-21-2017, 05:13 PM
I'm sorry, but he deserved a healthy shove right back, fuk him.

No no no!! It's ok to shove people! It's actually expected!! Just ask the Rocket nut huggers around here! They will be furious Mr. Richards actually acted like a man and issued an apology afterwards.

God forbid you step in front of the guy to block his view and politely tell him to mind his own business!! We can't have gentlemen in this sport, that just won't do!

All joking aside, it's very commendable of Mr. Richards to man up, apologize, and admit he over-reacted. Lots of other people would have simply waited for the incident to be forgotten.I'm a huge Josh Richards fan, but as you can see, that move was BS by Mark.

But he apologized, and I commend him for that. He manned up and admitted he fuked up.

Highside Hustler25
02-21-2017, 05:28 PM
Looking under somebodys car is a touchy subject with me.I don't blame him for the way he reacted.

I'll second this. Unless you're with a team, you don't belong that close to any car in the hot pit area. Most folks dislike Mark anyway so the comments don't surprise me.

let-r-eat
02-21-2017, 05:46 PM
You can't call Rocket tomorrow and get the details of that setup to the letter and number?

Why should you have anything to hide if you are selling the same exact thing to the public?

a25rjr
02-21-2017, 05:57 PM
You can't call Rocket tomorrow and get the details of that setup to the letter and number?

Why should you have anything to hide if you are selling the same exact thing to the public?

I think he was hiding it from a chassis competitor (longhorn)!

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-21-2017, 06:36 PM
maybe he does read 4m

I know for a fact he does.

fastford
02-21-2017, 06:51 PM
I know for a fact he does.

well thats good MR, now he will know ive gained some respect back for him after that article i read , that was class to me.......

chupp n bloomer fan
02-21-2017, 08:46 PM

Why should you have anything to hide if you are selling the same exact thing to the public?So just because I sell a product to Joe Blow who I also compete with, that means I can't be running something other than what I've given them? And vice versa. You are still out to compete, test, and win. Long as your customers are happy and running well, then work on new things and keep some stuff under the vest.

When Rockets weren't good a couple years back, no one cared what they had, now, they all do.

Josh Bayko
02-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Telling customers exactly what's under Richards' or Sheppards' cars isn't necessarily going to work for anybody else. The key to winning setups is tailoring your setups to the driver's driving style. Not everybody drives like Josh or Brandon.

a25rjr
02-21-2017, 09:25 PM
And Bshepp wins another one!

NormP
02-21-2017, 09:55 PM
I'll second this. Unless you're with a team, you don't belong that close to any car in the hot pit area. Most folks dislike Mark anyway so the comments don't surprise me.

The other guy was with a team. It said so in the press release.

Barbecueboy
02-22-2017, 07:23 AM

Most folks dislike mark anyways???

Wonder why that is?

fastford
02-22-2017, 07:34 AM
So just because I sell a product to Joe Blow who I also compete with, that means I can't be running something other than what I've given them? And vice versa. You are still out to compete, test, and win. Long as your customers are happy and running well, then work on new things and keep some stuff under the vest.

When Rockets weren't good a couple years back, no one cared what they had, now, they all do.

that must be when they looked under the back of a long horn...LOL...

GRT62
02-22-2017, 09:27 AM
According to all in the know here I thought the new XR1 was a longhorn?

Highside Hustler25
02-22-2017, 09:49 AM
Their was 1 dominate Longhorn with a trick piece on the back. Other than that, their just another chassis.

W2Racing09
02-22-2017, 10:08 AM

All joking aside, it's very commendable of Mr. Richards to man up, apologize, and admit he over-reacted. Lots of other people would have simply waited for the incident to be forgotten.

I was a little bit upset that he felt the need to issue an apology. If Mark was underneath McCreadie's car I wouldn't be upset if they shoved him either. Its BS to be doing that anyway, but its even more BS to do it when the car is getting crash damage repaired because you think nobody will notice you. Either way, good on Rocket/Mark for stepping up and apologizing even though the response was warranted. At least it will resolve this drama so we can move on to talking about how good both Rocket 1's looked in GA/FL -- I know you guys would all rather be talking about that.

super_latemodel_fan
02-22-2017, 10:40 AM
For sure that is not Rambo

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-22-2017, 10:43 AM
According to all in the know here I thought the new XR1 was a longhorn?

They share a lot of traits.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-22-2017, 10:59 AM
I was a little bit upset that he felt the need to issue an apology. If Mark was underneath McCreadie's car I wouldn't be upset if they shoved him either. Its BS to be doing that anyway, but its even more BS to do it when the car is getting crash damage repaired because you think nobody will notice you. Either way, good on Rocket/Mark for stepping up and apologizing even though the response was warranted. At least it will resolve this drama so we can move on to talking about how good both Rocket 1's looked in GA/FL -- I know you guys would all rather be talking about that.

This is funny. Every person involved has ripped off ideas from others. Often in ways much more sinister than taking a peak.

W2Racing09
02-22-2017, 11:24 AM
This is funny. Every person involved has ripped off ideas from others. Often in ways much more sinister than taking a peak.

No question about that, but to do it in that was in ridiculous. Remember when everyone was bent out of shape about the photographer taking pics of Davenport's car? Same deal. Obviously if Mark Richards knew someone was buying an XR1 for the purposes of putting it on a jig and copying it then he would be pissed about that too, but the difference with that is you are not doing it right in front of his face. In fact he probably won't even know you are doing it. Sinister? Yes, but significantly less insulting.

Escobar
02-22-2017, 12:04 PM
They share a lot of traits.

Please explain.

Bubstr
02-22-2017, 12:26 PM
So what is new? The name of the game since Stock cars began is finding an advantage and protecting it for as long as you can and fining others advantages. I wouldn't apologize forgetting him out of somewhere he didn't belong. Back in the day, the car owner said, "if they bend over enough to see anything worth seeing, kick them in the exposed target." That and don't let anyone touch the driver. Of course, he was car owner and driver.

Barbecueboy
02-22-2017, 12:59 PM

You mean like surreptitiously hiring away an engineer from somebody or sharing proprietary data or something like that?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-22-2017, 01:06 PM
You mean like surreptitiously hiring away an engineer from somebody or sharing proprietary data or something like that?

Jigging cars. Buying cars, changing a couple things, selling as your own. Its all been done. Just like looking at others cars to figure them out. I was 12 years old the first time I took photos of the underside of a World 100 winning car.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-22-2017, 04:18 PM
You mean like surreptitiously hiring away an engineer from somebody or sharing proprietary data or something like that?Well, show us the proof BBQ, or it's just hearsay. If you're referring to who I believe you are he is selling himself to Lanigan now.

You don't like Mark, so of course you are on that side of the fence. But if he actually did it, it's no different than what he did for Longhorn. Though actually less glaring. Because Longhorns blew a$$ before Kevin. And whether Kevin helped or not with Rocket, they'd have came back.

Barbecueboy
02-22-2017, 04:37 PM
Well, show us the proof BBQ, or it's just hearsay. If you're referring to who I believe you are he is selling himself to Lanigan now.

You don't like Mark, so of course you are on that side of the fence. But if he actually did it, it's no different than what he did for Longhorn. Though actually less glaring. Because Longhorns blew a$$ before Kevin. And whether Kevin helped or not with Rocket, they'd have came back.

It was a question........on purpose.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-22-2017, 04:38 PM
Well, show us the proof BBQ, or it's just hearsay. If you're referring to who I believe you are he is selling himself to Lanigan now.

Your last line was uttered many times about Rayburn since 2008.

Barbecueboy
02-22-2017, 04:39 PM
And yes, they were terrible before Kevin......even though Earl did win the dtwc in one of the first ones.....

fastford
02-22-2017, 05:14 PM
Jigging cars. Buying cars, changing a couple things, selling as your own. Its all been done. Just like looking at others cars to figure them out. I was 12 years old the first time I took photos of the underside of a World 100 winning car.

this is true, and i would bet mark has done the same thing many times, just like me. If you want to back me up Mr, Richards, feel free. as i said, gained a lot of respect for the apology . it was the right thing to do....end of story , for me anyway.......

jlacey
02-22-2017, 06:08 PM
Ill give him credit for apologizing whether or not he needed to or not (not my call to make). But i also give credit to the guy who was pushed for not reacting the way I most likely would have.

victorylane
02-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Mark Richards did nothing wrong. These 2 involved knew each other. I would have done the same thing. The crew guy was looking at more than the tire. Everyone in the pits tries to sneak a peek at the fast cars suspension but they also know you can get called out for it also. There was no need for an apology. Get over it. It isn't like punched the guy or shoved him down to the ground.

jlacey
02-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Im not saying he did anything wrong. Like I said that's not my call to make. Gave credit to both. I wouldn't have been in that position to get shoved in the 1st place, but if for some reason I was, I would have reacted differently. But maybe that's just where im from..

Barbecueboy
02-22-2017, 09:13 PM
He did what any proud father would do..........

Barbecueboy
02-22-2017, 09:14 PM
Ill give him credit for apologizing whether or not he needed to or not (not my call to make). But i also give credit to the guy who was pushed for not reacting the way I most likely would have.

Roger that ghost rider.........

jog49
02-23-2017, 12:58 AM
Back in the day, I tried to peep up girl's skirts and down their blouses. I don't guess that's exactly the same thing, is it?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-23-2017, 02:00 AM
Back in the day, I tried to peep up girl's skirts and down their blouses. I don't guess that's exactly the same thing, is it?

Not unless they pushed you away!

chupp n bloomer fan
02-23-2017, 04:16 AM
Your last line was uttered many times about Rayburn since 2008.Entirely completely different situation that you know dam well is not a good comparison. Mark knows obviously he has to stay on top of the game and isn't afraid to change one bit. History proves that.

History also proves CJ is stuck in his ways and even if it doesn't work, he's still going to do it that way. As you can see by the number of cars he sells compared to the number Mark has sold the last ten years. CJ got behind and just didn't keep up, and I think it's just too late now. Mark has kept up, whether you think he's an a$$hole or not. He is a smart business man and smart with cars.

Highside Hustler25
02-23-2017, 06:47 AM
soooooo many tough guys on here.LOL

jlacey
02-23-2017, 07:03 AM
soooooo many tough guys on here.LOL

Nah, just not the kinda person to let anyone push me around. But I never woulda been in that position looking under someone else's car either lol

Josh Bayko
02-23-2017, 08:53 AM
A smart business man doesn't lay hands on people for looking at his product. CJ never would've done that because he's too classy, CJ would've whipped out a flashlight and showed him whatever he wanted to look at. And the assertion that Mark is so singularly awesome, why did he feel the need to copy Bloomquist when he released his "orange" frontend cars? Mark is and will always be an A$$, period.

Mark sells more cars in one year than CJ has sold in a decade. Being a nice guy is a horrible way to make money.

W2Racing09
02-23-2017, 09:42 AM
Sales numbers DO NOT reflect or reveal character, actions do. Lead balloon or not, HE COPIED someone else and his treatment of others has led directly to the creation of many many other car companies(I'm smiling so big right now). I truly wish he'd lay hands on me once, just once. I will admit that he knows how to make a race car fast, at least his own and his son does have driving ability, but on both accounts I don't care for how either one treats others on or off the track, even those so blindly devoted and volunteering to be their door mats.

Your opinion of Mark does not really matter though. A lot of people feel that way and it is probably warranted from some experience you have had. None the less, Mark is cashing huge checks on a regular basis and is the undisputed #1 chassis in DLM racing currently (most cars, most wins, highest sales) based on just about every metric you could use to rate a business.

If Mark had got under Bloomquists car and Bloomquist pushed him half of you guys would be on here cheering for what Bloomquist did. Would be the same for Labonte, Moyer or anyone else. Because Mark did it, it has turned into a huge deal. That barely qualified as a shove and you guys are on here acting like he murdered the guy in cold blood on National TV.

If you are at the track and you openly welcome guys to get under your car and see what you are running then I can assure you that you are in the minority. I've seen B-Mods at the local track guarding their setup like its Fort Knox. Obviously one of the best operations in the country, running very well on the most competitive DLM series in the country is going to be a little wary of other teams finding out what they are doing. They are trying to make a living at this stuff after all.

Thanks,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
02-23-2017, 09:44 AM
Sales numbers DO NOT reflect or reveal character, actions do. Lead balloon or not, HE COPIED someone else and his treatment of others has led directly to the creation of many many other car companies. I will admit that he knows how to make a race car fast, at least his own and his son does have driving ability, but on both accounts I don't care for how either one treats others on or off the track, even those so blindly devoted and volunteering to be their door mats.

Its kinda like having a family member in an abusive relationship, you know they'd be better off and happier if they'd leave their abuser, but they've been so mentally twisted and repeated told so many lies they think they couldn't possibly do any better on their own or with someone else. Its just sad for us on the outside to see y'all repeatedly sent to the emergency room and having to lie about tripping and how clumsy you are, just to keep up the facade.

https://www.domesticshelters.org/wv/west-virginia-domestic-violence-help-statistics

Battered women's abuse Hotline
304-232-2769

It's really classy to make jokes about domestic violence. Bravo.

Thanks,
Jeff.

RCJ
02-23-2017, 11:50 AM
Give the guy a brake.Your in the hot pit area after you just got crashed out of the lead by a lap car.If somebody walked up and offered me a cold beer I might punch them.

Bubstr
02-23-2017, 01:00 PM
What kind of B/S are some saying here? We all know, it wasn't about looking at Mark's product. Anyone can see that at the PRI show. It was about tire wear and set up. Where the springs where, tells a lot about what each corner of the car weighs Tire wear tells if the set up would last and everyone knew it was fast. They wanted to see why it was fast and they could use that information. Why think if you can steal? It's pretty darn simple, don't make it anything, that it's not. The flaw is, this was T Mac's crew, from seeing them race, T Mac likes a much looser car than Josh. Info was irrelevant.

dirtcrazy4u
02-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Night 2 at Golden isles. The 22 car of Saterlee got bounced around on the start of the B main. It to is a new xr 1. They had it sitting nose in so they could get it loaded. The sheet metal on both sides was gone exposing all of the suspension. Team members across the pit were walking by that car. The best motorsports car and the #1 house car were backed in so tight to there trailers, as many top teams do today, that there was no one getting in there to take a look. As far as copy cats go. In today's racing, that goes on and will keep going on forever. The front of all the chassis manufacturer s are for all intended purposes are the same. Alignment and RF shock/spring combo's may differ. I will say looking at the exposed rear of saterlee's car, these xr-1 cars are different from what I have seen

MI Dirt Fan
02-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Just for some clarification. Was someone working on a competitors car and he pushed them away or was someone looking at his car and pushed them away. Thanks.