PDA

View Full Version : Volusia Questions

Tireguy17
02-20-2017, 06:07 AM
Its been about 13 years since I have been to Volusia for a race. I will be down in FL this weekend for the 500 and taking my dad Saturday night as he's never been there or seen the Big Block Mods before. Should be fun!

1. I may live in Minnesota, but I remember last time I was at Volusia it got frigid when the sun went down. Looks like the low Saturday night is 59*. Is that still heavy coat weather?

2. We will get pit passes to walk the pits before the races, where is a good spot to watch from, either in the pits or stands? I think they have reserved seating, which we wont have.

Any other tips appreciated.

a25rjr
02-20-2017, 07:27 AM
Its been about 13 years since I have been to Volusia for a race. I will be down in FL this weekend for the 500 and taking my dad Saturday night as he's never been there or seen the Big Block Mods before. Should be fun!

1. I may live in Minnesota, but I remember last time I was at Volusia it got frigid when the sun went down. Looks like the low Saturday night is 59*. Is that still heavy coat weather?

2. We will get pit passes to walk the pits before the races, where is a good spot to watch from, either in the pits or stands? I think they have reserved seating, which we wont have.

Any other tips appreciated.

1. A hoodie or light coat will be needed.

2. I always sit in the pit stands between 1 and 2. Get there early and save your seat. Set your stadium seats up or lay down a blanket and then you can walk around.

3. Must do! Get the pork chop sandwich from Boylands concession stand.

SFrancisFan15
02-20-2017, 08:08 AM
Boyland pork chop is a must!!