PDA

View Full Version : WOO points confusion

#FALSuperman
02-26-2017, 07:49 AM
So, I went back and did some digging, as the points race wasn't adding up to what the actual points should be....seems Friday nights 23 lap race was worth full points. It also seems that whether you finished 1st or last in last nights 40 lap race, you received 60 points. So, WOO is handing out token points to whoever made the feature, but not rewarding for place finished?? I would love someone to explain, as maybe I'm missing something.

dirtdobber45
02-26-2017, 08:48 AM
Their idiots...aka NASCRAP on dirt

Shiny Side Up 18
02-26-2017, 08:53 AM
Lol. Now WoO can say "See? It was a points night!" It's just like the Summer Nationals when they run a "C-Main" instead of a B-Main. What a joke.

#FALSuperman
02-26-2017, 09:01 AM
The part I don't like is how nobody gives an explanation on what determines how they decide these things. There is no Dirtondirt article, or a racing recap summary on WOO website which explains how they are handling points. Shady if you ask me. I still can't see any sense in how full points were awarded for a 23 lap event, but only "show up" points for a 40 lap race.

ptown
02-26-2017, 09:02 AM
I wish Fairbury would dump WOO for the PDC and go to Lucas.

#FALSuperman
02-26-2017, 09:08 AM
I wish Fairbury would dump WOO for the PDC and go to Lucas.I would be completely happy with that, as would many others.

Pennsboro23
02-26-2017, 10:26 AM
I'm sure it was determined right before the feature as well. If I were a WoO driver who ran good last night, I would have a lot of questions. Just doesn't make any sense, why are they making up rules as they go? 23 lap shortened feature was a points race but last nights wasn't? Way to ruin your product.

Snake X3
02-26-2017, 10:46 AM
Did any of the Volusia features end up 50 laps? Ridiculous. Did they mention it on the DoD PPV at all? Not a single mention of it in their "Blog styled coverage" yet. Strange.

onlyfacts
02-26-2017, 10:47 AM
I think it had to do with the amount of tires they were wearing out in hot laps, quailifing, heats and B mains. I was talking to one of the crews before the feature and they wore out a set of tires every time they went on track. They had went through 4 sets and hadn't ran the feature yet. I seen a car with a 40 RR in the B main with no tread left after the race.

Snake X3
02-26-2017, 11:02 AM
I think it had to do with the amount of tires they were wearing out in hot laps, quailifing, heats and B mains. I was talking to one of the crews before the feature and they wore out a set of tires every time they went on track. They had went through 4 sets and hadn't ran the feature yet. I seen a car with a 40 RR in the B main with no tread left after the race.

That would make sense. Eckert mentioned in his DoD interview something like "all the tires were wore out".

a25rjr
02-26-2017, 12:12 PM
When is the last time you saw a 30 used on the rr for a heat race?.......smh

Kudos for them re-working the track before the feature....at least it was a decent race!

Kwd1253
02-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Wth does tires got do with points. If they was so worried about tires, they should called the race off. They still ran 40 laps lol

ptown
02-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Wth does tires got do with points. If they was so worried about tires, they should called the race off. They still ran 40 laps lol

WOO needs to explain themselves, this wreaks of incompetence.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-26-2017, 01:31 PM
It was the same track for everyone. And it was the series rules forcing 20s on 3 corners. Race and award points!

dirtdobber45
02-26-2017, 01:32 PM
The track mustve gotten better because Erb jr. said every driver around him had softer tire on.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-26-2017, 01:34 PM
The track mustve gotten better because Erb jr. said every driver around him had softer tire on.

They reworked it. And it helped for sure.

NormP
02-26-2017, 01:40 PM
A couple things I noticed other than the horrible time management practices of WoO:

For the first couple of nights, Clanton didn't run quite as strong as he has in recent years, although he had a fourth and a second earlier in the week, then he finally lead the race on Friday. While he was leading, the officials consider ending the race on lap 23, which he obviously was in favor of. So he won a 23 lap race.

Last night he ran an 18-something qualifying lap, and was going to start 10th in his heat, but the officials decided that one was his "warmup lap" and let him count a much faster lap as his qualifying lap.

Then Clanton runs 13th in the race, 8 positions behind Madden; this was supposedly going to be a non-points race and suddenly everyone gets the same 40 points no matter how they finished.

Just an observation. Draw your own conclusions.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-26-2017, 01:50 PM
A couple things I noticed other than the horrible time management practices of WoO:

For the first couple of nights, Clanton didn't run quite as strong as he has in recent years, although he had a fourth and a second earlier in the week, then he finally lead the race on Friday. While he was leading, the officials consider ending the race on lap 23, which he obviously was in favor of. So he won a 23 lap race.

Last night he ran an 18-something qualifying lap, and was going to start 10th in his heat, but the officials decided that one was his "warmup lap" and let him count a much faster lap as his qualifying lap.

Then Clanton runs 13th in the race, 8 positions behind Madden; this was supposedly going to be a non-points race and suddenly everyone gets the same 40 points no matter how they finished.

Just an observation. Draw your own conclusions.

What's the difference between non points and all get same points?

Bubstr
02-26-2017, 01:59 PM
Certain Drivers, Crew Chiefs or Media can get into their head. It needs this, it needs that or leave it alone. It seems when they give in to this, they make inconsistent decisions. Those decisions show up like these at Volutia. They know better, but still it happens.

To be a good Official, you must be Knowledgeable, Fair and unbiased, much like a good umpire at a baseball game. When you rely on someone else for any of these, you lost.

Was it fair to run 40 and 23 laps when 50 was advertised. A lot of things change when preparing to race those three different races. Seems the 23 lap race should have been the one, not counted. It didn't meet the half way criteria. It was a junk surface and impossible to race due to heavy dew and no fault of the racers.

Seems they made a mistake Friday and went overboard Saturday and pulled points and shortened the race and doubled up on mistakes.

HoosierDirtFan
02-26-2017, 02:03 PM

They can't other wise UMP / World Racing Group would have a fit with them like they did Fayette County Speedway (IL) late last year and earlier this year.

dirtdobber45
02-26-2017, 02:54 PM
A couple things I noticed other than the horrible time management practices of WoO:For the first couple of nights, Clanton didn't run quite as strong as he has in recent years, although he had a fourth and a second earlier in the week, then he finally lead the race on Friday. While he was leading, the officials consider ending the race on lap 23, which he obviously was in favor of. So he won a 23 lap race.Last night he ran an 18-something qualifying lap, and was going to start 10th in his heat, but the officials decided that one was his "warmup lap" and let him count a much faster lap as his qualifying lap.Then Clanton runs 13th in the race, 8 positions behind Madden; this was supposedly going to be a non-points race and suddenly everyone gets the same 40 points no matter how they finished.Just an observation. Draw your own conclusions.Im thinking about the same thing BUT not Clanton... just with Madden having the points lead. Time will tell

#FALSuperman
02-26-2017, 03:00 PM
They can't other wise UMP / World Racing Group would have a fit with them like they did Fayette County Speedway (IL) late last year and earlier this year.Yes, sadly UMP will threaten to take away Summer Nationals tour, and any other good paying race at FALS they sanction. Only the "grandfathered in" tracks are exempt from the UMP dictatorship.

pink floyd
02-26-2017, 03:38 PM
incompetency

Shiny Side Up 18
02-26-2017, 03:46 PM
I recall Tony Izzo Jr. on Facebook said that he and Matt Curl had agreed to bring one of LaSalle's Lucas races to Fairbury, but UMP threw a fit and it never happened.

#FALSuperman
02-26-2017, 03:57 PM
I recall Tony Izzo Jr. on Facebook said that he and Matt Curl had agreed to bring one of LaSalle's Lucas races to Fairbury, but UMP threw a fit and it never happened.Correct...they are pretty good at bullying any UMP tracks looking at possibly adding Lucas.

dirtdobber45
02-26-2017, 04:08 PM
Sounds like we need a new sanction series.

NormP
02-26-2017, 04:12 PM
What's the difference between non points and all get same points?

There is no difference. It's just 2 more examples of the organization seemingly making it up as they go.

Snake X3
02-26-2017, 04:26 PM
WoO reeks like NASCAR. They're turning into the WWE of DLM racing.

Highside Hustler25
02-26-2017, 04:41 PM

I wish FALS would go with neither. It was just fine in my book before it was tour sanctioned.

ptown
02-26-2017, 05:02 PM
I wish FALS would go with neither. It was just fine in my book before it was tour sanctioned.

I think they needed to do something, the PDC was getting stale plus the car counts were going down at 10k to win.

WisWildManFan
02-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Same old outlaws... Screw the fans and fill their pockets. PDC will be only $ they get from me this year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-26-2017, 08:25 PM
I think they needed to do something, the PDC was getting stale plus the car counts were going down at 10k to win.

Stale? That is the best track in America. Surely they can run a big race without the guarantee of 12 specific cars?

ptown
02-26-2017, 09:36 PM
Stale? That is the best track in America. Surely they can run a big race without the guarantee of 12 specific cars?

I'm not defending WOO, I think they're a bunch of money grabbing incompetents. Before WOO sanctioned the PDC it was just a 10k to win regional race and nothing special if you lived outside Illinois, now it's a national race and on the verge of being a crown jewel.

#FALSuperman
02-26-2017, 10:01 PM
I'm not defending WOO, I think they're a bunch of money grabbing incompetents. Before WOO sanctioned the PDC it was just a 10k to win regional race and nothing special if you lived outside Illinois, now it's a national race and on the verge of being a crown jewel.Agreed...like WOO or not, they did take a part in bringing the PDC to a National scale, and one of the most talked about races in the country. It will continue to grow with a National Tour behind the wheel. There are many who can't stand WOO, yet will still come to Fairbury. I fully believe another 3 to 4 years and 40K+ to win will put PDC in the "crown jewel" category.

IZZOJR16
02-26-2017, 10:06 PM
use guys are right. this is screwy as h3ll.