PDA

View Full Version : WoO Speedweeks Drug Tests

Square Wheels
02-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Does anyone know if the World of Outlaws administered any of their new drug tests during the Georgia/Florida Speedweeks races?

HoosierDirtFan
02-26-2017, 08:34 PM
Does anyone know if the World of Outlaws administered any of their new drug tests during the Georgia/Florida Speedweeks races?

I heard on the D.O.D. broadcast that they tested 15 random drivers that racing Friday Night.

Square Wheels
02-26-2017, 08:45 PM
I heard on the D.O.D. broadcast that they tested 15 random drivers that racing Friday Night.That's good that they followed through with some testing. Were any drivers busted?

IZZOJR16
02-26-2017, 10:11 PM
awesome , keep up the good work WOO

oldfart50
02-26-2017, 10:35 PM
The best rule ever made in racing...

fryefan
02-26-2017, 10:44 PM
The Lucas Oil Series needs to start doing this as well.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-27-2017, 04:02 AM
The major sports leagues do it to catch people using performance enhancing drugs. I'm guessing WoO is doing it for insurance reasons, or to reach the "next level".

I agree with it on one hand and on the other there hasn't been any obvious circumstances in late models where people caused wrecks and acted wreckless because of drugs. To each his own, I just think it's a unneeded rule in our racing.

Kwd1253
02-27-2017, 06:22 AM
Which ones they random test?

dirtdobber45
02-27-2017, 06:38 AM
They should test their own crew. As slow as they were at both Screven and Volusia...yea test em lol Especially need to test whoever it was to come with those tire rules

cutman
02-27-2017, 06:55 AM
What are the odds that if Scott ever does decide to bite the bullet and run with the WOO again that he is tested the first night out? Honest opinions?

Honest opinion, who cares? He's either clean or a dirt bag.

dirtdobber45
02-27-2017, 07:22 AM
What are the odds that if Scott ever does decide to bite the bullet and run with the WOO again that he is tested the first night out? Honest opinions?Theyll test him at the gate

Stede Bonnet
02-27-2017, 08:26 AM
I disagree with the random drug tests. Not only does it violate ones constitutional rights but you can actually get false positives and ruin a mans reputation. If a driver is out there trashed out of his mind and causing accidents then I'm all for it. The only reason they are doing this is because Randy Sweet made headlines and they know him and Scott are close. WOO and WRG has a hard on for Scott and will do anything to keep from paying that suit. They are only costing themselves money because love or hate the man, he draws a crowd! I guarantee they all drink, chew tobacco or smoke cigarettes themselves. Those are all drugs but they are legal because our government makes so much tax profit from these drugs. I am personally randomly drug tested at work and I hate it every time. I've been with the company 12 years and never failed one test and I will never and they know that but they test me to cover for their pot smoking buddies. I'm all for safety but you can spot a doper a mile away. Even though I understand the concept, in no way shape or form am I a fan.My thoughts exactly, if they can't handle tire testing why would you put your rep in their hands for drugs. We saw in the Eldora incident they won't back down even when they are wrong. The funny part is someone thinking this is gonna keep them from racing against those under the influence because of a "Pre-race" test. You could burn a fatty, snort a line of coke and do 2 shots prior to the test, but you'll still race because the results won't be back for at least a week. I think the sole motivation for so many to support this is because they hate one man. They sincerely believe they can stop a certain man from TN from winning if they can catch him dirty. The sanctions have even gotten so caught up in the anti-bloomer movement they wrote new provisional rules at GIS because he showed up late and used a provisional, which he earned. Later he was so sick from his injury he had to be hospitalized. They should all be ashamed for being so hateful and getting caught up in social media gossip.

oldfart50
02-27-2017, 10:14 AM
What are the odds that if Scott ever does decide to bite the bullet and run with the WOO again that he is tested the first night out? Honest opinions? This is exactly why he wont go...

oldfart50
02-27-2017, 10:16 AM
My thoughts exactly, if they can't handle tire testing why would you put your rep in their hands for drugs. We saw in the Eldora incident they won't back down even when they are wrong. The funny part is someone thinking this is gonna keep them from racing against those under the influence because of a "Pre-race" test. You could burn a fatty, snort a line of coke and do 2 shots prior to the test, but you'll still race because the results won't be back for at least a week. I think the sole motivation for so many to support this is because they hate one man. They sincerely believe they can stop a certain man from TN from winning if they can catch him dirty. The sanctions have even gotten so caught up in the anti-bloomer movement they wrote new provisional rules at GIS because he showed up late and used a provisional, which he earned. Later he was so sick from his injury he had to be hospitalized. They should all be ashamed for being so hateful and getting caught up in social media gossip. They should do hair testing and not just a pee test. The sport does not need drug users in it...

MittenMadman
02-27-2017, 10:41 AM
What about medical marijuana? Are they not seeing that slowing but surely the states are starting to recognize it as a very good why to treat multiple ailments... Totally unwarranted and unneeded rule. I understand you don't want someone meth'd out out there but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). smh

Highside Hustler25
02-27-2017, 10:48 AM
My thoughts exactly, if they can't handle tire testing why would you put your rep in their hands for drugs. We saw in the Eldora incident they won't back down even when they are wrong. The funny part is someone thinking this is gonna keep them from racing against those under the influence because of a "Pre-race" test. You could burn a fatty, snort a line of coke and do 2 shots prior to the test, but you'll still race because the results won't be back for at least a week. I think the sole motivation for so many to support this is because they hate one man. They sincerely believe they can stop a certain man from TN from winning if they can catch him dirty. The sanctions have even gotten so caught up in the anti-bloomer movement they wrote new provisional rules at GIS because he showed up late and used a provisional, which he earned. Later he was so sick from his injury he had to be hospitalized. They should all be ashamed for being so hateful and getting caught up in social media gossip.

Probably the most ignorant post ever, but considering the source:rolleyes:Lucas doesn't want to lose Scott. He is their money card. Their star attraction. Love him or hate him, he is their superstar and they want him on the tour.

Scott was late on Friday, they enacted the provisional rule on Sat. He cut his hand on Sun. and went to hospital on Monday. So sick he had to be hospitalized? He was given a I.V. for a infection. Yeah, shame on Lucas Oil.

cutman
02-27-2017, 11:04 AM
Probably the most ignorant post ever, but considering the source:rolleyes:Lucas doesn't want to lose Scott. He is their money card. Their star attraction. Love him or hate him, he is their superstar and they want him on the tour.

Scott was late on Friday, they enacted the provisional rule on Sat. He cut his hand on Sun. and went to hospital on Monday. So sick he had to be hospitalized? He was given a I.V. for a infection. Yeah, shame on Lucas Oil.

I was thinking the same thing, his injury had nothing to with him being late.

I've said it before, I respect the hell out of his driving abilities, but outside of that, he's a clown.

COKEandaSMILE
02-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Those that think this is a good rule must believe there are drivers racing under the influence....

Who are those drivers?

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Those that think this is a good rule must believe there are drivers racing under the influence....

Who are those drivers?
Racing and drugs go hand in hand. I guess it is linked because both give a thrill and are risky?

COKEandaSMILE
02-27-2017, 01:37 PM
Racing and drugs go hand in hand. I guess it is linked because both give a thrill and are risky?

That doesn't answer the question, who are those drivers?

kidrock
02-27-2017, 02:11 PM
I agree with drug testing as long as the drivers gets to have a indepandent drug test done at the same time. Meaning WRG does their test and then a represenative from WRG rides with the driver to a indepandent lab and gets a test done right then and there.

onlyfacts
02-27-2017, 02:11 PM
My thoughts exactly, if they can't handle tire testing why would you put your rep in their hands for drugs. We saw in the Eldora incident they won't back down even when they are wrong. The funny part is someone thinking this is gonna keep them from racing against those under the influence because of a "Pre-race" test. You could burn a fatty, snort a line of coke and do 2 shots prior to the test, but you'll still race because the results won't be back for at least a week. I think the sole motivation for so many to support this is because they hate one man. They sincerely believe they can stop a certain man from TN from winning if they can catch him dirty. The sanctions have even gotten so caught up in the anti-bloomer movement they wrote new provisional rules at GIS because he showed up late and used a provisional, which he earned. Later he was so sick from his injury he had to be hospitalized. They should all be ashamed for being so hateful and getting caught up in social media gossip.Chip, How will you feel about Lucas when they start drug testing? They are following suit with WRG.

onlyfacts
02-27-2017, 02:17 PM
That doesn't answer the question, who are those drivers?Great move by WOO and WRG. Drugs of any kind should not be mixed with any professional sports. I am sure this was done because competitors don't want it and knows it's is going on. The big question I have who was the driver that refused to take the test? Because that shows guiltiness.

plunks7
02-27-2017, 02:35 PM
With all the nay sayers spouting out about drug tests. How many of you partied with any driver during the wee hours of the night? One in the same, alcohol and drugs!!!!!!

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-27-2017, 02:43 PM
With all the nay sayers spouting out about drug tests. How many of you partied with any driver during the wee hours of the night? One in the same, alcohol and drugs!!!!!!

The gubmint says otherwise.

Highside Hustler25
02-27-2017, 02:49 PM

Drugs are illegal. Alcohol is not. Just sayin

MI Dirt Fan
02-27-2017, 02:53 PM
Sometimes some of the simplest things can bring back a positive test. Like something in a food item

plunks7
02-27-2017, 02:58 PM

Regardless falls in the same category. Depends where your from, and what drug. I drive everyday on drugs, it keeps me alive. :)

onlyfacts
02-27-2017, 02:59 PM
OnlyFacts and yet your making an, "assumption of guilt" with nothing but a refusal to comply... Why does it have to be guiltiness? Why can't it be taking a stand for principle? These drivers are NOT employees working for the sanction, they are independent business owners and like I pointed out before, a test at the track isn't going to stop you from competing against someone possibly being under the influence. Maybe next week you all will feel safer, but I don't trust either sanction to be fair and honest, they've already demonstrated a knee-jerk style to rule making and ignorance when it comes to suspension rules and character issues in regards to tire testing. I personally don't drink or use drugs, but I am a libertarian who doesn't go for being pushed around.StedeWell good for you Chip.

Highside Hustler25
02-27-2017, 02:59 PM
Regardless falls in the same category. Depends where your from, and what drug. I drive everyday on drugs, it keeps me alive. :)

prescription?

plunks7
02-27-2017, 03:01 PM
prescription?

Yes, you know me to well HH. Nice catch. :)

huskerdirt
02-27-2017, 03:13 PM
OnlyFacts and yet your making an, "assumption of guilt" with nothing but a refusal to comply... Why does it have to be guiltiness? Why can't it be taking a stand for principle? These drivers are NOT employees working for the sanction, they are independent business owners and like I pointed out before, a test at the track isn't going to stop you from competing against someone possibly being under the influence. Maybe next week you all will feel safer, but I don't trust either sanction to be fair and honest, they've already demonstrated a knee-jerk style to rule making and ignorance when it comes to suspension rules and character issues in regards to tire testing. I personally don't drink or use drugs, but I am a libertarian who doesn't go for being pushed around.

Stede

Once you get a DirtCar/WoO license you are basically an employee of that organization. You agree to the terms and conditions of that organization. Don't like the fact you are subjected to random testing? Don't race with that organization. It's not that hard.

You think nobody is doing stuff..... I give you Tim Kaeding.

TBSprintFan
02-27-2017, 03:35 PM
I disagree with the random drug tests. Not only does it violate ones constitutional rights but you can actually get false positives and ruin a mans reputation. If a driver is out there trashed out of his mind and causing accidents then I'm all for it. The only reason they are doing this is because Randy Sweet made headlines and they know him and Scott are close. WOO and WRG has a hard on for Scott and will do anything to keep from paying that suit. They are only costing themselves money because love or hate the man, he draws a crowd! I guarantee they all drink, chew tobacco or smoke cigarettes themselves. Those are all drugs but they are legal because our government makes so much tax profit from these drugs. I am personally randomly drug tested at work and I hate it every time. I've been with the company 12 years and never failed one test and I will never and they know that but they test me to cover for their pot smoking buddies. I'm all for safety but you can spot a doper a mile away. Even though I understand the concept, in no way shape or form am I a fan.

Its all not about Scott or probably not about him at all, it is more in regards to the instance between Tony Stewart and Kevin Ward Jr. and those pending lawsuits. Here is a quote from the article below "Stewart already has been exonerated once. A grand jury heard testimony in September and needed less than an hour of deliberation to determine not to charge Stewart in the death of Ward, who had enough marijuana in his system to influence his actions, according to the district attorney."
This is why you need drug testing, tracks, series and drivers cannot afford to have these type of lawsuits against them.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/13424375/what-expect-wrongful-death-lawsuit-tony-stewart

onlyfacts
02-27-2017, 03:39 PM
OnlyFacts and yet your making an, "assumption of guilt" with nothing but a refusal to comply... Why does it have to be guiltiness? Why can't it be taking a stand for principle? These drivers are NOT employees working for the sanction, they are independent business owners and like I pointed out before, a test at the track isn't going to stop you from competing against someone possibly being under the influence. Maybe next week you all will feel safer, but I don't trust either sanction to be fair and honest, they've already demonstrated a knee-jerk style to rule making and ignorance when it comes to suspension rules and character issues in regards to tire testing. I personally don't drink or use drugs, but I am a libertarian who doesn't go for being pushed around.StedeAll the racers that race for any sanctioning body or race track are there working for prize monies. They receive a 1099 at the end of the year for there services. So maybe you should check your facts. With that being said WRG, Lucas or any sanctioning group or track has the right to drug test. If a racer feels like he doesn't want to be checked then he needs to choose where he races. The sanctioning bodies govern the sport and they should be checking these drivers for their own safety as well as the other competitors. There is no defense otherwise if something happens. But you have that right not to participate. But you will see Lucas and others following suit because they can't afford the liability. Great move by WRG.

Barbecueboy
02-27-2017, 04:07 PM

Alcohol is a drug hh......

Highside Hustler25
02-27-2017, 04:23 PM

...but not illegal. Perfectly fine post race.

a25rjr
02-27-2017, 04:26 PM

Then, I was a heckuva addict in my early years! :)

SHOE32
02-27-2017, 06:08 PM
Not trying to start anything, but everybody is accusing others of doing drugs or not running WoO because they will fail a drug test. Has anybody stopped to consider the odd circumstances that Josh Richards abruptly bails to Lucas Oil Series the same season drug testing starts. Why is it that he never gets criticized . Doesn't anyone else think that is kinda strange.

Highside Hustler25
02-27-2017, 06:23 PM
Not trying to start anything, but everybody is accusing others of doing drugs or not running WoO because they will fail a drug test. Has anybody stopped to consider the odd circumstances that Josh Richards abruptly bails to Lucas Oil Series the same season drug testing starts. Why is it that he never gets criticized . Doesn't anyone else think that is kinda strange.

Josh Richards????lolHe's as clean as a new toothbrush. Are you serious or just playin?

oldfart50
02-27-2017, 07:03 PM
Richards isn't on any drugs and I would bet the farm on that. I would say 90% of the drivers are clean all the time and maybe that 10% could party here and there. These guys race for a living and your not gonna be able to control a 900 HP racecar high as a kite. Also, these haters can say what they want about Scott but he isn't a druggie people. When Scott isn't working on racecars he is usually at the reservoir down the road fishing with friends or his daughter. Just listen to the man in an interview after a race or look into his eyes. People love to down other people on the internet because they know they can't get their a$$es whipped behind a computer screen. Some of you guys need to grow up. Calling a man with a family "snort" really?? What if his daughter or mother decide to get on here and read what you haters have to say?? Say it to his face or don't say it at all! Where in this entire post did someone call him "snort"?

latemodelman
02-27-2017, 07:11 PM
I think that its a good idea to do the tests. But I will say when you have a driver hurt and he is on pain meds and racing such as Chub Frank or say a Steve Francis or someone like that and they fail because of the pain killers then what? I mean I have seen pain meds cause a negative test but then when the person said hey I am on pain meds they pass. So a driver can fail a drug test and still be able to race as long as he has a doctors note for a prescription.

latemodelman
02-27-2017, 07:14 PM
One other thing I would rather they focus more on the drivers hurting their necks and backs than the drug tests. I still say they need to focus on roof heights and stuff like that before they work on the drugs part.

RRRKKK
02-27-2017, 07:30 PM
What constitutional rights???? you run their sanction you play their rules.

pap
02-28-2017, 05:44 AM
I would be ok if the test determined something in your body at that moment that they peed in a cup. What I don't like, they can have a tooth pulled on Wednesday, take prescribed pain meds on Thursday, and fail a drug test on Saturday.

Barbecueboy
02-28-2017, 06:29 AM
...but not illegal. Perfectly fine post race.

In some states there are other things that are perfectly legal post race.......

golddirt
02-28-2017, 06:54 AM
Prescribed drugs can be verified

Josh Bayko
02-28-2017, 07:19 AM

Richards going to Lucas has everything to do with winning both national touring championships and nothing to do with any potential drug tests.

Josh Bayko
02-28-2017, 07:21 AM
I think that its a good idea to do the tests. But I will say when you have a driver hurt and he is on pain meds and racing such as Chub Frank or say a Steve Francis or someone like that and they fail because of the pain killers then what? I mean I have seen pain meds cause a negative test but then when the person said hey I am on pain meds they pass. So a driver can fail a drug test and still be able to race as long as he has a doctors note for a prescription.

As long as the driver in question can produce a legit script for whatever they piss hot for, it wouldn't be an issue.

MittenMadman
02-28-2017, 07:42 AM
Medical Marijuana is legal in Michigan and other states. I know drivers who have their card. What happens to them? They 100% legal so are they good?

Josh Bayko
02-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Medical Marijuana is legal in Michigan and other states. I know drivers who have their card. What happens to them? They 100% legal so are they good?

I would think.

cutman
02-28-2017, 08:21 AM

I would say yes.

COKEandaSMILE
02-28-2017, 08:27 AM
As long as the driver in question can produce a legit script for whatever they piss hot for, it wouldn't be an issue.

Just because you have a script does not mean that the adverse effects of the medication will not be present.

If the policy isn't to prevent any and all forms of impaired driving, then it's a BS policy.

dalemcfan
02-28-2017, 08:55 AM
Just because you have a script does not mean that the adverse effects of the medication will not be present.

If the policy isn't to prevent any and all forms of impaired driving, then it's a BS policy.

Exactly. Just because you have a prescription for something doesn't mean you may not be impaired and shouldn't drive a car. Many prescription bottles come with such warning stickers. For example, let's say a driver is prescribed hydrocodone for pain from a back injury. Just because you have a prescription for it doesn't mean it's still a good idea to drive a race car at 120 mph. I think there's a lot of unanswered questions and ambiguity to this policy.

pap
02-28-2017, 10:13 AM
Exactly. Just because you have a prescription for something doesn't mean you may not be impaired and shouldn't drive a car. Many prescription bottles come with such warning stickers. For example, let's say a driver is prescribed hydrocodone for pain from a back injury. Just because you have a prescription for it doesn't mean it's still a good idea to drive a race car at 120 mph. I think there's a lot of unanswered questions and ambiguity to this policy.

BINGO!!! That's what I was trying to say earlier in my post. Have a test to what is actively in your system, including alcohol. Just don't penalize a guy that took his medicine in the middle of the week. It could ruin reputations while trying to clear your name......Ask Chub.

onlyfacts
02-28-2017, 12:39 PM
BINGO!!! That's what I was trying to say earlier in my post. Have a test to what is actively in your system, including alcohol. Just don't penalize a guy that took his medicine in the middle of the week. It could ruin reputations while trying to clear your name......Ask Chub.Even if someone is taking a prescription drug it doesn't matter they don't need to be racing if it is a drug that causes impairment. A lot of prescription drugs have a warning not to operate any type of machinery or drive a vehicle. If someone is taking a prescribed drug with those warnings they need to take time off from racing. Yeah let's ask Chub to tell the real truth.

onlyfacts
02-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Medical Marijuana is legal in Michigan and other states. I know drivers who have their card. What happens to them? They 100% legal so are they good?If they have a medical issue that requires them to have Medical Marijuana and their medical issue is bad enough to need it they shouldn't be racing. Medical or illegal marijuana has no place in Motortsports.

Highside Hustler25
02-28-2017, 12:53 PM
Even if someone is taking a prescription drug it doesn't matter they don't need to be racing if it is a drug that causes impairment. A lot of prescription drugs have a warning not to operate any type of machinery or drive a vehicle. If someone is taking a prescribed drug with those warnings they need to take time off from racing. Yeah let's ask Chub to tell the real truth.

So you're calling out Chub on something that happened 3 or 4 years ago? You're sure he's still taking pain pills? You know for sure the pills he was taking had that warning? Onlyfacts???? Yeah, whatever.
I'm sure the WoO knows exactly what Chub was taking and pretty sure you have no clue but you keep giving us the facts.

pap
02-28-2017, 01:02 PM
Even if someone is taking a prescription drug it doesn't matter they don't need to be racing if it is a drug that causes impairment. A lot of prescription drugs have a warning not to operate any type of machinery or drive a vehicle. If someone is taking a prescribed drug with those warnings they need to take time off from racing. Yeah let's ask Chub to tell the real truth.

You totally missed my point. Test them for being under the influence at the time of the test. Don't penalize them for taking meds during the week. I agree if the are jacked up at the racetrack, they cant race. But the test that I'm aware of anyway, you will be dirty, hot, positive, for the metabolites your body created days ago, when you took whatever. You will NOT be intoxicated on sat. but you WILL test positive.

dirtcrazy4u
02-28-2017, 01:54 PM
BINGO...you could smoke a bowl February 1 and get tested February 15th. Guess what, you just failed. If your employer tests you and you fail it is his responsibility to prove that it was on HIS time. Most test results today, other than that of performance inhancement drugs, have a hard time standing up in a court of law. Thats why you now hear first and second warnings, then you have to offer treatment programs. And on and on and on. WRG probably got offered something. Laws from state to state differ.

a25rjr
02-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Surely they can come up with a % or ppm limits, similar to the dui laws!

pap
02-28-2017, 02:43 PM

That's what I'm talking about a25jr. If you get a dui, and lock you up, they release you in, what 8 or 10 hours. So in that train of thought, they deem you sober after that period of time? As you said, is there a test out there? I'm adament about this because I got popped at work about 5 yrs. ago after having a tooth pulled. I was tested a day and a half later after I had taken the last of 8 prescribed pills , and was positive for opiates. I was let go until I could get the documentation together. It took 2 days, because the dentist office closes on weds. I got the papers I needed, went back to work on Thursday, and I was a drug addict. Lost some so called friends over this.

SHOE32
02-28-2017, 05:14 PM
That's basically what I was getting at. With the health issues Josh had in the past ,does he need medication or something banned by WoO. I never accused him of anything but I did manage to start a good conversation on 4m which is hard to do these days.

Barbecueboy
02-28-2017, 05:24 PM

It's available............but it would completely undermine the current thinking of if you smoke weed with your buddies on the weekend then surely you smoke it 24/7 and can't be trusted to do your job or be careful behind the wheel.

Show up to work drunk , get fired......show up to work high, get fired

Drink bourbon and smoke weed with your buddies 2 weeks ago at a college reunion and not even remotely buzzed today....guess what, your still fired.

And for the record......I'm not pro anything , except for getting it correct.

zach51
02-28-2017, 05:44 PM
WOO series has no power over a Drs orders. If a doctor wants to prescribe you a darn horse tranquilizer there is nothing the WOO can do about it. The kicker is, if you look closely at a bottle of pills they will have a discard after a certain date on them. If you have oxy in your piss and you prescription expired a month before than your popped. You can buy clean urine off the net or any head shop in America so passing a piss test is cake. The actually have a device called the wizzinator that is a fake dik that you keep plugged up and it keeps the fake piss warm (it even comes in different sizes and colors lol). If there is a serious addict in racing he will pass the test. These guys know how to beat the system.

Glad we finally have an expert on this....wtf

Stede Bonnet
02-28-2017, 05:50 PM
Page 4 and finally all the sensible people show up. This whole random drug testing thing has, "Bad outcome" written all over it. Some careers are gonna be ruined by over zealous sanctions trying to look PC for the FB/Twitter masses. Info on 1099 below.

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-answers/small-business-self-employed-other-business/form-1099-misc-independent-contractors/form-1099-misc-independent-contractors

Payers use Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, to:

Report payments made in the course of a trade or business to a person who's not an employee or to an incorporated business.

Report payments of $10 or more in gross royalties or $600 or more in rents or compensation. Report payment information to the IRS and the person or business that received the payment.

SUBSCRIPTION DELETED.

turnleftandgasit
02-28-2017, 06:52 PM
The only test that will catch active THC, has to be administrated within 2 hours of smoking and is very expensive. They are working too expand that window and drop the cost, as it is necessary in their eyes for enforcement of DUI laws. Passing the test is very easy as stated above by Centeroff. Unless you keep the person under constant supervision, strip search, and watch the sample being given, they can cheat the test. They have onsite tests, but they are the least accurate. Results of send off tests are easily back within 24 hrs. Synthetic urine is available online, and it will pass most any test, but it is illegal in several states, and can't be shipped to them directly. Cost is around 35 dollars.

dirtdobber45
02-28-2017, 07:15 PM
That Tony Stewart thing was BULLCHIT. Just an excuse. Imo... As Ive said before; what a man does in his time is his own business. And just because you have a prescription doesnt mean your not abusing them. I know some people that have prescriptions that dont take as directed so they can get a buzz off them. If you didnt know opiate addiction is running crazy in this country. And can die from it... marijuana you cant.

dirtdobber45
02-28-2017, 07:18 PM
The only test that will catch active THC, has to be administrated within 2 hours of smoking and is very expensive. They are working too expand that window and drop the cost, as it is necessary in their eyes for enforcement of DUI laws. Passing the test is very easy as stated above by Centeroff. Unless you keep the person under constant supervision, strip search, and watch the sample being given, they can cheat the test. They have onsite tests, but they are the least accurate. Results of send off tests are easily back within 24 hrs. Synthetic urine is available online, and it will pass most any test, but it is illegal in several states, and can't be shipped to them directly. Cost is around 35 dollars.Yep theres ways around it.

dirtdobber45
02-28-2017, 07:23 PM
And Stede is absolutely right. On both post. Their out to get Scott and on the tax... your just sub contracting

hipower17
02-28-2017, 07:27 PM
if they do the hair follicle test ( you can't beat that test,) for everyone (thats drivers, the series officals or anyone) that is involved in say woo, lucas oil or any other series at the start of the season and do randoms throught the season how can anyone complain about that? i agree that if your on med. weed or any percrip. meds they should not be allowed to race, and i agree if its the series rules run by them or leave simple as that. i wouldn't want to be racing against someone who is impaired, seen to many drunks on the local tracks even race against a few yrs ago now its to (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) dangerous at the speeds these super cars are running these days. the way it see it the only ones who would complain are the ones on the drugs. jmo

a25rjr
02-28-2017, 07:59 PM
if they do the hair follicle test ( you can't beat that test,) for everyone (thats drivers, the series officals or anyone) that is involved in say woo, lucas oil or any other series at the start of the season and do randoms throught the season how can anyone complain about that? i agree that if your on med. weed or any percrip. meds they should not be allowed to race, and i agree if its the series rules run by them or leave simple as that. i wouldn't want to be racing against someone who is impaired, seen to many drunks on the local tracks even race against a few yrs ago now its to (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) dangerous at the speeds these super cars are running these days. the way it see it the only ones who would complain are the ones on the drugs. jmo

I bet Steve Shaver could beat that test!:)

Illtsate32
02-28-2017, 07:59 PM
Hair tests go back 6 months to a year so if you were prescribed pain meds 7 months ago you will fail a hair test...nah not the answer...

oldgold
02-28-2017, 08:20 PM
I disagree with the random drug tests. Not only does it violate ones constitutional rights but you can actually get false positives and ruin a mans reputation. If a driver is out there trashed out of his mind and causing accidents then I'm all for it. The only reason they are doing this is because Randy Sweet made headlines and they know him and Scott are close. WOO and WRG has a hard on for Scott and will do anything to keep from paying that suit. They are only costing themselves money because love or hate the man, he draws a crowd! I guarantee they all drink, chew tobacco or smoke cigarettes themselves. Those are all drugs but they are legal because our government makes so much tax profit from these drugs. I am personally randomly drug tested at work and I hate it every time. I've been with the company 12 years and never failed one test and I will never and they know that but they test me to cover for their pot smoking buddies. I'm all for safety but you can spot a doper a mile away. Even though I understand the concept, in no way shape or form am I a fan. how is it wrong to test drivers but ok to test me as a bus mechanic for 35 years or a truck driver?I have never failed and know that if you had a false positive you get a second test from a drug medical examiner to verify whether that test was wrong. I also know in our company that if you told the tester you you were taking a medication that would effect the test you were given some exception. 300 bus drivers and 25 mechanics with random testing and only 6 people failed the 2nd time over my 35 years ,but on the other hand 100 apps were taken for 10 jobs and 8 actually pass the tests who had drivers licenses with minimal convictions or lengthy arrest records.

Stede Bonnet
02-28-2017, 09:54 PM
I went back and thought about whats been said by others, what I've said and how nasty things can get and its all pointless. Point, counter-point, who cares? Maybe its competitiveness or passion or maybe its too easy to be snarky to a computer screen. I was blessed to come along when people like Bob Memmer, BJ Parker, Robert Smalley, Ted Johnson and Mike Swims were promoting and running sanctions, it wasn't perfect, but I felt like they ran fair and honest organizations. Those men actually loved racing first and then tried to make a living from that. Todays group, by and large just bought some names, threw money at it and hired a marketing department to steer the ship to maximize the bottom line, no love for the sport, its just business.

Drugs and alcohol have been around racing from the beginning, whether it was bootlegging or smuggling or partying, the illicit thrills of racing, wild women and fast cars have always been an attraction for obvious reasons. Sometimes the proceeds even helped propel some teams to new heights and glory, but also most often to prison as well. What goes up must come down and the bill always come due. I don't condone using or selling or trafficking drugs, most of the time it takes care of itself due in part to itself foolish nature. I don't know why I bother coming on here anymore, I usually end up getting angry, frustrated and saying things I regret, so whats the point. Bottom line I don't trust these sanctions to honestly and fairly handle these supposed, "Random Tests" and too many professional lives and careers are at stake. All it takes is one mistake by a lab, or some expired prescription or any number of possible ways to have a false positive and the news will leak out to the web. Once that happens, even if its later found to be wrong, it won't matter, that person will be forever branded a druggy. Sponsors will be dropped, rides lost and careers left in ashes.

I've been around long enough to see the old adage of, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" be proven true time and again. Its all about perception, big organizations, companies and governments do not admit wrong doing, ever. In all honesty I don't know of a single incident where drugs used by a competitor caused harm to someone else, they usually end up hurting themselves. I'm sorry to those I was harsh with, I was wrong to do that and I offer no excuse. I think its time I was done with 4m, I no longer find any value here and too often I end up regretting what I've said and mourning the naivety of the next generation's folly. That's it, I said what I needed to say.

Barbecueboy
02-28-2017, 10:15 PM
I went back and thought about whats been said by others, what I've said and how nasty things can get and its all pointless. Point, counter-point, who cares? Maybe its competitiveness or passion or maybe its too easy to be snarky to a computer screen. I was blessed to come along when people like Bob Memmer, BJ Parker, Robert Smalley, Ted Johnson and Mike Swims were promoting and running sanctions, it wasn't perfect, but I felt like they ran fair and honest organizations. Those men actually loved racing first and then tried to make a living from that. Todays group, by and large just bought some names, threw money at it and hired a marketing department to steer the ship to maximize the bottom line, no love for the sport, its just business.

Drugs and alcohol have been around racing from the beginning, whether it was bootlegging or smuggling or partying, the illicit thrills of racing, wild women and fast cars have always been an attraction for obvious reasons. Sometimes the proceeds even helped propel some teams to new heights and glory, but also most often to prison as well. What goes up must come down and the bill always come due. I don't condone using or selling or trafficking drugs, most of the time it takes care of itself due in part to itself foolish nature. I don't know why I bother coming on here anymore, I usually end up getting angry, frustrated and saying things I regret, so whats the point. Bottom line I don't trust these sanctions to honestly and fairly handle these supposed, "Random Tests" and too many professional lives and careers are at stake. All it takes is one mistake by a lab, or some expired prescription or any number of possible ways to have a false positive and the news will leak out to the web. Once that happens, even if its later found to be wrong, it won't matter, that person will be forever branded a druggy. Sponsors will be dropped, rides lost and careers left in ashes.

I've been around long enough to see the old adage of, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" be proven true time and again. Its all about perception, big organizations, companies and governments do not admit wrong doing, ever. In all honesty I don't know of a single incident where drugs used by a competitor caused harm to someone else, they usually end up hurting themselves. I'm sorry to those I was harsh with, I was wrong to do that and I offer no excuse. I think its time I was done with 4m, I no longer find any value here and too often I end up regretting what I've said and mourning the naivety of the next generation's folly. That's it, I said what I needed to say.

Well, you are in Barbados.......life can't be all that bad.
Sorry to see you go, enjoyed your posts.......go check out the blue chair bay distillery down there and get some of their key lime cream rum.

Raceready
02-28-2017, 10:26 PM
So you're calling out Chub on something that happened 3 or 4 years ago? You're sure he's still taking pain pills? You know for sure the pills he was taking had that warning? Onlyfacts???? Yeah, whatever. I'm sure the WoO knows exactly what Chub was taking and pretty sure you have no clue but you keep giving us the facts. LOL ! The facts were that they didn't know that the pills in question were in fact diet pills. They made a stink because he had them in one of those weekly planner containers instead of the original container.

dirtcrazy4u
03-01-2017, 06:25 AM
Here's a question to ponder. So how many teams are following the WoO tour ? 10 to 15 ? So if they would do a sweeping drug test of drivers and a portion of guys test positive. Are they really prepared for a outcome that could potentially be a blow they may not recover from ? It's not like there are guys just waiting to jump on tour. I think if and when there is testing the results are going to be kept very quite. I'm sure the insiders on 4m will have every result of every driver that has won a race.

Highside Hustler25
03-01-2017, 07:02 AM
LOL ! The facts were that they didn't know that the pills in question were in fact diet pills. They made a stink because he had them in one of those weekly planner containers instead of the original container.

I agree on the pills not being in the original prescription package. I had read that they were pain pills he was taking for a prior back injury.

pap
03-01-2017, 08:23 AM
I agree on the pills not being in the original prescription package. I had read that they were pain pills he was taking for a prior back injury.

I remember it that way as well HH25. Seems there was a link on here back when it happened, that showed his mug shot and everything.

GRT62
03-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Here's a question to ponder. So how many teams are following the WoO tour ? 10 to 15 ? So if they would do a sweeping drug test of drivers and a portion of guys test positive. Are they really prepared for a outcome that could potentially be a blow they may not recover from ? It's not like there are guys just waiting to jump on tour. I think if and when there is testing the results are going to be kept very quite. I'm sure the insiders on 4m will have every result of every driver that has won a race. Years ago I work for an electrical company and we landed a huge government contract to do electrical remodel on 25 county courthouses. Part of this contract was that we had to have random drug screening. One Monday morning everyone showed up to the shop along with a rep from lab corp(no one was aware of this test). They tested 22 employees that the owner picked thinking these were the ones that would definitely pass. 18 of the 22 came up hot for THC. Almost put the company out of business over the next couple of months. He was able to work in a 2nd chance program through the contractor and eventually get most of these guys cleared to work again which saved the company. Point is WoO doesn't know what situation they may be getting their self into I do not condone drug use but I also don't see how WoO has authority to test a subcontractor who is using his own equipment and money to perform a job. Just my .02

klemmabyna
03-01-2017, 08:59 AM
been an entertaining read. why are there so many worried about the effect this has on bloomquist?

i'll take this as the best post on this thread:

Its all not about Scott or probably not about him at all, it is more in regards to the instance between Tony Stewart and Kevin Ward Jr. and those pending lawsuits. Here is a quote from the article below "Stewart already has been exonerated once. A grand jury heard testimony in September and needed less than an hour of deliberation to determine not to charge Stewart in the death of Ward, who had enough marijuana in his system to influence his actions, according to the district attorney."
This is why you need drug testing, tracks, series and drivers cannot afford to have these type of lawsuits against them.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/13424375/what-expect-wrongful-death-lawsuit-tony-stewart

dirtdobber45
03-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Point is WoO doesn't know what situation they may be getting their self into I do not condone drug use but I also don't see how WoO has authority to test a subcontractor who is using his own equipment and money to perform a job. Just my .02Thats exactly right. They dont have a leg to stand on if it ever goes to court. IMO

dirtcrazy4u
03-01-2017, 10:09 AM
GRT62. worked union job for 25yrs. boilermakers. power station was down for a refit. One Monday they showed up with a trailer and said ALL employees had to get thru that trailer and p. Exactly 67 men were stopped from entering the station Friday morning. The rest refused to work. We were picketing until the following Wednesday. Work stopped on a station that supplied western new York with most of the power. Wednesday afternoon we were all told break down the picket everyone including the 67 went back to work Monday., and just for the record, never saw that p trailer again. GEE, I wonder why.

GRT62
03-01-2017, 12:35 PM
GRT62. worked union job for 25yrs. boilermakers. power station was down for a refit. One Monday they showed up with a trailer and said ALL employees had to get thru that trailer and p. Exactly 67 men were stopped from entering the station Friday morning. The rest refused to work. We were picketing until the following Wednesday. Work stopped on a station that supplied western new York with most of the power. Wednesday afternoon we were all told break down the picket everyone including the 67 went back to work Monday., and just for the record, never saw that p trailer again. GEE, I wonder why. LOL I guess I should've mentioned that lab corp car was never seen again.

plunks7
03-01-2017, 01:12 PM
That's what I'm talking about a25jr. If you get a dui, and lock you up, they release you in, what 8 or 10 hours. So in that train of thought, they deem you sober after that period of time? As you said, is there a test out there? I'm adament about this because I got popped at work about 5 yrs. ago after having a tooth pulled. I was tested a day and a half later after I had taken the last of 8 prescribed pills , and was positive for opiates. I was let go until I could get the documentation together. It took 2 days, because the dentist office closes on weds. I got the papers I needed, went back to work on Thursday, and I was a drug addict. Lost some so called friends over this.

You have to blow zero to get out of jail. Yes they test you before you can leave.

Barbecueboy
03-01-2017, 05:30 PM
You have to blow zero to get out of jail. Yes they test you before you can leave.

Your point is great......they should do the same with the gange........ain't no way the guy smoking something in the hauler after a race is going to impair his driving the next night......unless it's some newfangled strain my brother hasn't heard about, he is in the business in one of those states and if he hasn't seen it or smoked it, it's not been made yet.

Weed Just like the booze......They can drink or smoke it up at night and be sober as a judge in the morning.

Test the guy before he hits the track with the right equipment......you can tell right away how long ago he hit the bong.....or just Stfu about it and let the guy have some down time after a race.

Barbecueboy
03-01-2017, 05:31 PM

Please tell me you don't know from experience plunks.......

klemmabyna
03-01-2017, 05:38 PM

okay.

plunks7: I know exactly what you meant. however...

considering the board we are on, any mention of "zero" has a different connotation.

or maybe i'm the only one with a twisted sense of humor and mind.

sorry. but I laughed when I read your post.

plunks7
03-01-2017, 05:47 PM
okay.

considering the board we are on, any mention of "zero" has a different connotation.

Now that's funny!!! I never thought of that..... :):) Funniest post of the year up to date!!!!!!! ROFLMFAO

Highside Hustler25
03-01-2017, 05:49 PM
okay.

I didn't laugh when I originally read it but now I'm cryin:D

Birky15Bfan
03-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Guess if you're a driver, don't eat any muffins or anything else with poppy seeds on it before you go racing. Don't want to test positive for heroin because of the poppy seeds.

plunks7
03-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Please tell me you don't know from experience plunks.......

Sorry Barbecueboy, I was pulled over twice within 3 months. That's why I quit drinking 11 years ago. Haven't touched a single drink (alcohol) since. I hope that doesn't hold a different image about me?

flagone
03-01-2017, 06:18 PM
I don't have any skin in the game but a couple of points.

Everyone does realize that they are using an independent contractor for the testing right?

With a contractor of this sort they choose the RANDOM test subjects from a list by some means of random selection (drawing numbers, ss #, birth months, etc.).

WoO can request a test be performed on anyone and that person has the right to refuse to take it (as do the random selections). Which also gives WoO the right to not allow the person to enter their event.

No Constitutional rights are violated as you have a right to refuse the test. And you are choosing to enter the event. By entering the event you agree to abide by the rules of the event. And that rule is spelled out in the WoO rulebook pretty clearly.

And I am amazed by some folks with the urban myths. You would need to eat about 75,000 poppy seeds to even get a glint of evidence on a UDS. Also today's UDS analyzers are very sophisticated and almost never have a false positive. And when it does it is easily refuted by a blood analysis or a strand test. I work for a hospital system and am very familiar with the machine and it's accuracy. I am certain that a contractor who makes their living on these screenings will have the most up to date and accurate equipment. Because no company wants a false positive and the issues that come a long with it.

a25rjr
03-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Sorry Barbecueboy, I was pulled over twice within 3 months. That's why I quit drinking 11 years ago. Haven't touched a single drink (alcohol) since. I hope that doesn't hold a different image about me?

Not the drinking part, but the blowing part! :)

plunks7
03-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Not the drinking part, but the blowing part! :)

Very funny smarty pants. :)

pap
03-01-2017, 07:16 PM

Everyone does realize that they are using an independent contractor for the testing right?

With a contractor of this sort they choose the RANDOM test subjects from a list by some means of random selection (drawing numbers, ss #, birth months, etc.).

WoO can request a test be performed on anyone and that person has the right to refuse to take it (as do the random selections). Which also gives WoO the right to not allow the person to enter their event.

No Constitutional rights are violated as you have a right to refuse the test. And you are choosing to enter the event. By entering the event you agree to abide by the rules of the event. And that rule is spelled out in the WoO rulebook pretty clearly.

And I am amazed by some folks with the urban myths. You would need to eat about 75,000 poppy seeds to even get a glint of evidence on a UDS. Also today's UDS analyzers are very sophisticated and almost never have a false positive. And when it does it is easily refuted by a blood analysis or a strand test. I work for a hospital system and am very familiar with the machine and it's accuracy. I am certain that a contractor who makes their living on these screenings will have the most up to date and accurate equipment. Because no company wants a false positive and the issues that come a long with it.

I was hoping you would chime in, because I know you have the knowledge. And thank you, btw. Now, to the question, is there a test that can tell if a person is impaired at the time of peeing, and not what they done last wednesday? And is it an instant check, by that will the test show the results "right now" and not Monday of next week, like a lot of test seem to do. The reason for the question? If a driver is impaired, I would not want him racing tonight. It should be an instant test, and not sent to a lab. Futher questions, on your response. And this is in all RESPECT for you Flagone.

Barbecueboy
03-01-2017, 07:28 PM
I didn't laugh when I originally read it but now I'm cryin:D

I thought I was the only one rolling .....funny stuff

Barbecueboy
03-01-2017, 07:31 PM

Nobody likes a quitter bro......

Totally kidding, nothing in the world wrong with you grabbing control of your life and telling alcohol to gfy.......admirable indeed, good on you.

Barbecueboy
03-01-2017, 07:56 PM

Whew............I love poppy seed muffins, crisis avoided.

I guess for me it's the whole impairment issue and what it is that the sanction, the employer the whatever is trying to have someone believe impairment is at the time of the testing or event that led to it.

If they would just call it the random" we are doing it primarily for insurance and any potential ambulance chasing litigation that comes from a wreck, a fall, a mishap testing, then i think everybody would understand the reasons why it's done at employers and everywhere else.

thanks for clearing up the poppyseed deal, I was fretting breakfast in the morning,lol.

Nice job at screven, y'all's team put on a great show.......cool story, after the late models we all went back up in the stands to watch the 4 cylinder race and right when it started up came Chris madden , his wife and his son and they sat behind us and cheered and jeered the race like all the rest of the great race fans there.

Was just like any other family with younguns at the track and having a great time.....nice to see.

dirtdobber45
03-01-2017, 08:04 PM
okay. plunks7: I know exactly what you meant. however...considering the board we are on, any mention of "zero" has a different connotation.or maybe i'm the only one with a twisted sense of humor and mind.sorry. but I laughed when I read your post.I cant stop laughing man.

dirtdobber45
03-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Not the drinking part, but the blowing part! :)Lmao that also is a good one

NormP
03-01-2017, 08:13 PM

That probably varies state to state. It isn't the case in Kentucky.

And by the way, it is not a violation of your constitutional rights. You are free to refuse the test. In return, the sanctioning body is then free to refuse your admittance into the race.

With an operator's license it's a different story, at least in Kentucky. When you get a driver's license, you are "deemed to have given consent" to an intoxilzer, blood test, urine test, or any combination the officer feels necessary when he arrests you for DUI. If at that point you refuse, your license will automatically be suspended. But that's dealing with drivers on the road, not someone at a race track being asked by WoO (or Lucas or ULMS or whoever sanctions the race) to take a pee test.

flagone
03-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Obviously I cannot and do not speak for WRG/WoO however if I were looking at the screens THC really wouldn't be on my radar screen by itself. It can be acquired by 2nd hand smoke and it is also legal in some states. Therefore any attempt at any penalties for THC could prove to be a tough row to hoe.

However drugs like amphetamine and methamphetamine; barbiturates; opiates and the like would raise a red flag for me. It is perfectly okay for a sanctioning body to choose to not want anyone racing who tests positive for these to compete in one of their events. Because they have residual and many times long-lasting effects as well as habitual / dependence issues. You can't predict when someone who has a habit will use and to what level they will be impaired.

But again, I can't speak for their motivation. This would be my assumption however. And as much as conspiracy theorists want to say otherwise, I believe that they are doing it in the spirit of protecting drivers, fans and employees.

In regards to the testing. I don't know what machine they used because I am not familiar with the company that did the testing. The machine that we use at our hospital takes about 8 minutes to analyze a single UDS sample.

Barbecueboy
03-01-2017, 09:47 PM
flagone is all over it.......again.

My opinion of opioids , methamphetamaines etc is much different than it is of thc or alcohol.........but to the point of safety , I don't want a guy shooting Jack Daniels or polishing off a blunt 30 minutes before he hits the track either.

I guess I wouldn't be so jaded on the whole aspect of the testing if it truly indicated current real time sobriety.....they just don't appear to be set up to measure that unless the person just happens to be stoned or drunk when the test is administered. ......it's a very hard subject.

My take on what woo is doing? Great with it and hope it's for the reasons of safety as stated.

flagone
03-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Oh and BBQ thanks for the Screven love. My guys worked hard to get everything done at a decent hour. We wanted to try and keep as much of that crowd to watch our FWD guys. They race their guts out and they generally can put on a good show. Andrew pretty well stunk it up at the front but there was good racing through the field.

Glad you enjoyed your time there.

vande077
03-02-2017, 04:15 PM
I have dog in the fight (I'm not a driver, team member, official, crew guy or associated with any team). Having said that, what I've seen on the sprint side is the Drivers are all for the testing, they have even been some of the force behind getting it implemented.

Their LIVES are on the line every time they strap in a car and racing is already dangerous, they don't want or need to add another variable that could get them seriously injured or killed.

Going off car counts, I'd say the drivers that have no issues whatsoever are still going to show up and race and for the most part, there isn't a lot of issues anyway. If it keeps 1 or 2 drivers away that feel they must do drugs or drink right before they race to take that edge off, so be it. Others will stay away for other reasons that have bearing on the drug testing.

As a fan in the stands with a 13 year old son, I for one am thankful for the drug testing. I don't want them to worship a racer and the guy they worship end up being a drug user (sends the wrong message that drugs are ok).

Racing wants and needs to have heroes and villians (and in some sense we do), but the fans don't want the guy they cheer for to be a drug user (especially for those of us that have impressionable youth that go the races with us). We want them all to be good guys (some might have a hotter temper than others, but that's ok).

As far as the THC thing goes, the bottom line is that FEDERALLY, Marijuana is still ILLEGAL. Doesn't matter if it's legal in that state (my gut feel is that the Feds are gonna crack down on this sooner rather than later anyway), it's still ILLEGAL Federally and the WoO (and Lucas) are no different than the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc., they can TELL the teams and drivers what they can and can't put into their body. By signing a contract and taking tow $$$ (Platinum or Gold membership), they are agreeing to it.

dirtcrazy4u
03-02-2017, 07:22 PM
What contract ? As a team owner/driver you can go race anywhere ! As for weed being federally illegal, the states that have passed weed legal laws are making more profits that there is Sooo many more states passing to legalize weed. Get used to it, the political process has found away to not raise your taxes.

HoosierDirtFan
03-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Not to be rude or funny in any way but with the sprints doesn't this rule out Tyler Walker racing with them again? I like that this is happening. wish there was a cheap way of doing this so the local tracks could check drivers.

dirtcrazy4u
03-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Tyler Walker, Yea there's a guy with a great deal of talent that got into a really bad situation. If he still has his talents, which for his sake I hope he does, he will make open wheel racing interesting. But, every time he pushes off or slides somebody the words are going to come out of somebody's mouth. Is he using again. I don't think it will be his fellow competitor, but I'm sure there is a sprint car forum that will.

vande077
03-03-2017, 06:29 AM
Not to be rude or funny in any way but with the sprints doesn't this rule out Tyler Walker racing with them again? I like that this is happening. wish there was a cheap way of doing this so the local tracks could check drivers.

I know he raced some locally in CA last season. And yes, I think if he rolls through the gates to a WoO show he will be one of the ones tested.

Sad situation he put himself in, but when he's actually clean, he's a way better driver IMO than when he's not. Lucky for him his dad is wealthy and has been able to get him help the multiple times he's needed it and got him into racing to keep him away from the crowd that was pushing drugs on him at an early age.

I think some local tracks are looking at adding testing sooner than you think, but unfortunately only a handful tracks can afford to add that to their overhead costs without taking the $$ from somewhere else or raising ticket prices.

vande077
03-03-2017, 08:00 AM
What contract ? As a team owner/driver you can go race anywhere ! As for weed being federally illegal, the states that have passed weed legal laws are making more profits that there is Sooo many more states passing to legalize weed. Get used to it, the political process has found away to not raise your taxes.

WRG mandates that you have a competitor license to compete in their events (you can buy a weekly one too) which qualifies you for blanket coverage under their insurance policy. By signing up, you agree to their rules, which include the provisions about drug testing. You don't have to buy one, but it means you can't compete in their events (they don't have to let you).

As a team owner/driver you can go race anywhere (that will allow you to race with them). There is no law that states they have to accept your entry and in many states that have the "at-will" employee laws on the books, they can refuse to let you race for any reason. So, if the promotor just doesn't like you, he can refuse to allow you to enter. If he suspects you do drugs, he can refuse to allow you to enter. If he just wants to be an a$$, he can refuse to allow you to enter.

flagone
03-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Ahhhh but they are significantly different than the NFL, NBA, NHL and all the ones mentioned. All of those sports are unionized and have negotiated those rules. No unions for drivers. I haven't seen the "banned substances" list. But I bet THC is not on it.

RCJ
03-14-2017, 09:31 AM
I was looking for WOO rules and stumble across the drug test polices.There is a long list of things that can get you tested.I havn't so much as drank a beer in years and I would fail half the things on the list.The one thing missing was, if you file an insurance claim you get tested