PDA

View Full Version : Oneal and Lanigan

dalemcfan
02-27-2017, 11:31 AM
How is it that Oneal is running pretty well and Lanigan isn't doing much of anything? Same chassis, same engines, cars out of same shop. Is Oneal that much better of a driver?

rc24
02-27-2017, 11:46 AM
They just have not found the right combination for Lanigan yet. I don't think those two have the same style at all. Plus its speed weeks. You cant read to much into whats going on right now.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-27-2017, 11:53 AM
How is it that Oneal is running pretty well and Lanigan isn't doing much of anything? Same chassis, same engines, cars out of same shop. Is Oneal that much better of a driver?
I agree with the guy below, but ONeal is a better wheelman for sure.

BIG MAC ATTACK
02-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Doesn't help having motor problems and being caught up in wrecks and flat tires,they will get it turned around

AnnouncerLife88
02-27-2017, 01:09 PM
I agree rc24, I think Lanigan has had some good moments here and there to go along with some rotten luck. I'd at least give them until the end of April to have a better read on the performance. Lanigan is plenty capable behind the wheel, I'd say more than anything his struggles are a testament to just how tough it is to stay on top in this game.

onlyfacts
02-27-2017, 02:33 PM
I think Lanigan is one of the best drivers. What he should do is give up selling cars because he hasn't done anything since he started that. He should quit CBR and go back to racing on his own with the chassis he had the most success with instead of coping different chassis.

MI Dirt Fan
02-27-2017, 02:43 PM
You can have the exact copying of everything from the car maker emblem on the nose to the sticker on the spoiler and they won't be the same.

Stede Bonnet
02-27-2017, 03:03 PM
I think Lanigan is one of the best drivers. What he should do is give up selling cars because he hasn't done anything since he started that. He should quit CBR and go back to racing on his own with the chassis he had the most success with instead of coping different chassis.

He had the best season he's ever had running his C29 cars... Being at CBR is a whole nother animal.

NormP
02-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Being at CBR is a momentum killer for everyone that has raced there. O'neal has had the most luck, and even he doesn't win like he did before he joined the team.

I keep hoping someone will start driving for that team and prove us all wrong, but so far, no luck. Otherwise the drivers wouldn't keep changing every 2-3 years.

Pennsboro23
02-27-2017, 03:48 PM
That 15/14 team just isn't that good imo. I can't see Lanigan in that ride much longer. He wants to run up front.

Highside Hustler25
02-27-2017, 04:32 PM
Being at CBR is a momentum killer for everyone that has raced there. O'neal has had the most luck, and even he doesn't win like he did before he joined the team.

I keep hoping someone will start driving for that team and prove us all wrong, but so far, no luck. Otherwise the drivers wouldn't keep changing every 2-3 years.

Maybe the most puzzling results in dirt racing the last 5 years or so. The best of everything with unlimited funds and nobody seems to produce results. Go figure.

jrich2929
02-27-2017, 06:31 PM
Maybe the most puzzling results in dirt racing the last 5 years or so. The best of everything with unlimited funds and nobody seems to produce results. Go figure.

Since jason jameson started tagging along , lanigan went downhill . s--t even jameson hasn't done anything . yeah , he did win a championship with jason as crew cheif , but nothing since !! Should of never let Randell Edwards leave !!!

pa_dirt
02-27-2017, 06:49 PM
I know that rumley is working with him now but my question is ... is Kevin working for CBR or is he working directly for lanigan/club 29 trying to get the chassis business going in the right direction??

#FALSuperman
02-27-2017, 11:03 PM
Is Rumley for sure helping the club 29 guys with their cars? If so that man is a genius! They seem to have much more bite through the center and up off the corners. They really looked good at Charlotte and seem to have the momentum rolling into 2017 this is correct

Scott Boesel
02-27-2017, 11:08 PM
It sure seems the #15 now #14 team for Boyer just can't figure it out JD, Francis and Lanigan in it the last 4-5 years with those divers not seeing much success in it seems odd

#FALSuperman
02-28-2017, 04:19 AM
It sure seems the #15 now #14 team for Boyer just can't figure it out JD, Francis and Lanigan in it the last 4-5 years with those divers not seeing much success in it seems oddJD? He ran the #6 car, and won 68 races the past 3 years doing so. Not sure if anyone else has those stats in the past 3 years of racing.

dalemcfan
02-28-2017, 08:52 AM
JD? He ran the #6 car, and won 68 races the past 3 years doing so. Not sure if anyone else has those stats in the past 3 years of racing.

JD was driving the Bowyer owned #15 Georgia Boot car before he drove the Rumley #6. JD, like everyone else, had very limited success in the Bowyer #15.

#FALSuperman
02-28-2017, 10:38 AM
JD was driving the Bowyer owned #15 Georgia Boot car before he drove the Rumley #6. JD, like everyone else, had very limited success in the Bowyer #15.Correct, I read that wrong. JD ran his rookie year(2012) in Lucas with that car. He did get rookie of the year. I think he finished 6th in points that year or something like that.

Crossbones
02-28-2017, 06:41 PM
The Bowyer cars have always been disappointing for the most part. McDowell and Babb have drove for Bowyer too and wasn't impressive. Babb ran WoO series in 2007/2008 in the Bowyer cars and finished like 8th in points.

NormP
02-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Except for the fact that all of the guys who have driven for Bowyer have had those streaks when they weren't driving for Bowyer. No one driving for that team has gone on the streak you're talking about.

The numbers speak for themselves.

Pennsboro23
02-28-2017, 08:00 PM
Yeah, not sure what slmcrewchief99 is talking about. The ride that Lanigan has now has never been great, and there are a few of those guys that you mentioned that haven't won on the series for two years let alone win 6-8 in a row.

Pennsboro23
02-28-2017, 09:22 PM
Not talking about O'Neal or the 5 car. Only the 15/14 car.

SFrancisFan15
03-01-2017, 06:33 AM
Francis won the Knoxville Nationals in it 5 years ago. Last only big win that car has seen I believe

NormP
03-01-2017, 06:40 AM
I'm pretty sure Francis won the Knoxville Nationals while he was driving for Barry Wright the year before they teamed up with CBR.

I think the point is that CBR doesn't win as often as any of the other top teams, regardless of 6-8 race win streaks. How many races has that team won in 2015 and 2016?

As far as Pearson goes, I'll put him in the same category as Francis and Owens--I'll believe they can win a race when I see them take the checkers. They all seem to be missing something.

But hell, we've barely got started this year, so maybe they'll all get 5-10 victories. I'd like to see it. The more winners the better for the competition.

I'd like to see Lanigan win the Lucas oil championship

Highside Hustler25
03-01-2017, 07:32 AM
You are correct Norm, Steve was driving for Barry and Lance the year he won Knoxville.

If Lanigan wins the Lucas points this year, it will probably be the biggest turnaround in DLM history.

SFrancisFan15
03-01-2017, 08:04 AM
Yep that's true i just watched it. I don't know I thought he was in the CBR car that year. Thanks for the correction

Racefan-00-01-F1
03-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Love to see O'Neal in a more competitive brand of chassis With the resources he has now. The old guy has talent for sure! Just think what he could do if he wasn't in that "club 29th"

Bubstr
03-05-2017, 12:59 PM
CBR is missing something. They changed a lot of drivers, so that isn't it. They changed Chassis brands, so that isn't it. What's left? Crews or Management? O Neal is a mentally tough racer. If he can't pull a team together and keep them together, maybe they should start replacing them, since replacing is their only tool.

zyoung25
03-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Jeremy Justice left O'neal over the winter and went to work for his enlaws salvage yard, which is who helped O'neal to his title in 14. Anthony Burroughs, which helped Lanigan last season has moved over to be O'neals crew chief. I don't know how far the Rumley thing was supposed to last, sounded like just through speedweeks. And IF that is the case.....those cars only have 1 full time guy on each car. I don't think people realize how hard it is to find good help when it comes to doing this stuff for a living.

I'm sure things will change before the season gets rolling. Anyone that has worked a certain job for a large amount of time, knows what it's like when the employee carousel is constantly revolving.

Bubstr
03-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Yes, you don't want to get thrown off the carousel, you don't want to stay on, you just want to get off in a nice comfortable spot.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Jeremy Justice left O'neal over the winter and went to work for his enlaws salvage yard, which is who helped O'neal to his title in 14. Anthony Burroughs, which helped Lanigan last season has moved over to be O'neals crew chief. I don't know how far the Rumley thing was supposed to last, sounded like just through speedweeks. And IF that is the case.....those cars only have 1 full time guy on each car. I don't think people realize how hard it is to find good help when it comes to doing this stuff for a living.

I'm sure things will change before the season gets rolling. Anyone that has worked a certain job for a large amount of time, knows what it's like when the employee carousel is constantly revolving.

Rumley was with lanigan at cherokee

#FALSuperman
03-05-2017, 10:19 PM
Jeremy Justice left O'neal over the winter and went to work for his enlaws salvage yard, which is who helped O'neal to his title in 14. Anthony Burroughs, which helped Lanigan last season has moved over to be O'neals crew chief. I don't know how far the Rumley thing was supposed to last, sounded like just through speedweeks. And IF that is the case.....those cars only have 1 full time guy on each car. I don't think people realize how hard it is to find good help when it comes to doing this stuff for a living.I'm sure things will change before the season gets rolling. Anyone that has worked a certain job for a large amount of time, knows what it's like when the employee carousel is constantly revolving.The Rumley "thing" is a set thing for the immediate future. Things are always subject to change. This is where it stands.

tsand
03-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Neither could get a top five in a regional series race.

rocket1*
03-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Here is my 2cents. A straight car is a fast car and every time I see a picture of Lannigan's car its sideways not going anywhere.