PDA

View Full Version : Iracing dirt

WisWildManFan
02-27-2017, 09:16 PM
Anyone with an inside scoop of how close they are to releasing. Sure wish it would come out while it's still cold up here.

TS3g
02-28-2017, 02:41 PM
#Soon. It is in beta right now, and they are pushing hard to get it ready for the new build next week, but I would be surprised if it actually happened. If it doesn't make the large build, they have said they will release it whenever it is finished though.

03fan
03-02-2017, 09:38 AM
#Soon. It is in beta right now, and they are pushing hard to get it ready for the new build next week, but I would be surprised if it actually happened. If it doesn't make the large build, they have said they will release it whenever it is finished though.

Still in alpha testing, not beta. Going to be a while yet as I heard there have been a few setbacks. iRacing is trying to make it right, instead of releasing with lots of issues.

TDRacinŽ
03-02-2017, 04:06 PM
It's beta actually. Alpha means the testers don't have access to it yet and they've had it for a while now. The hope is to have it out by next week but Tony Gardner (iRacing president) just posted that it may not be due to a couple issues. But it is close!

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/25/3525442.page#10369091

New video announcing Volusia being added- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq0ciCSbKk

Goblue3
03-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Not really into any kind of gaming so I have No knowledge on systems,steering wheels, etc....So just a rough estimate how much would I need to spend to get set up to join iracing once dirt comes out?

WisWildManFan
03-02-2017, 06:30 PM
I bought a used wheel, pedal, stand combo used for $200. I think new it would of went for around $500. Iracing yearly membership is like $99 I think and then u will have to buy eldora and different vehicles for around $12 each.

bill39
03-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Not really into any kind of gaming so I have No knowledge on systems,steering wheels, etc....So just a rough estimate how much would I need to spend to get set up to join iracing once dirt comes out?your looking at $2-300 for a new wheel you could probably find a used wheel cheaper and then $13/month or $110/year for a membership however right now theyre running 40% so itll be 7.80/month or 66/year... plus not all tracks and vehicles are included but there is enough to get started and see if you like it and want to invest more into it

PauK
03-02-2017, 07:04 PM
They added Volusia to there track list.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-02-2017, 08:15 PM
All bigger tracks. They need to add an Atomic, Fairbury, Cedar Lake, and so on.

Going to look into it when it is released.

WisWildManFan
03-02-2017, 09:02 PM
All bigger tracks. They need to add an Atomic, Fairbury, Cedar Lake, and so on.Going to look into it when it is released.Can't usually get around 1.5 mile tracks without problems on there... 1/4 miles would be a mess.

WisWildManFan
03-02-2017, 09:08 PM
I wonder if simulators at eldora will have to be iracing now?

chupp n bloomer fan
03-03-2017, 04:15 AM
Can't usually get around 1.5 mile tracks without problems on there... 1/4 miles would be a mess.Man, I've done all the online games. The sh!tty ones come and go. It would get better as people gained experience. All big tracks and people will get burned out. Variety.

GRT62
03-03-2017, 05:29 AM
I seen several of the teaser videos, are they ever going to get some LR hike in the cars if not its gonna be like racing a pavement stock car.

Mantis
03-03-2017, 06:47 AM
I bought a used wheel, pedal, stand combo used for $200. I think new it would of went for around $500. Iracing yearly membership is like $99 I think and then u will have to buy eldora and different vehicles for around $12 each.

your looking at $2-300 for a new wheel you could probably find a used wheel cheaper and then $13/month or $110/year for a membership however right now theyre running 40% so itll be 7.80/month or 66/year... plus not all tracks and vehicles are included but there is enough to get started and see if you like it and want to invest more into it

Plus a PC capable or running the software.
I doubt that a ~$500 laptop would be suffice but I may be wrong since I haven't looked into the requirements.

WisWildManFan
03-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Plus a PC capable or running the software.I doubt that a ~$500 laptop would be suffice but I may be wrong since I haven't looked into the requirements.I'm using about a 10 year old desktop... I believe it adjusts your graphics depending on the computers capabilities. My graphics suck @ss but the gameplay I have zero issues with. The only thing is if you really have to search for moisture like they say u will I may need to upgrade to be able to see a changing surface. I'm looking forward to the release.

DKenyon28
03-04-2017, 08:01 PM
They said today that it most likely won't be released with the new build but are pushing for March 29th.The requirements to run the software aren't that high so you could find a pc for $500 or so to run it and then a used for around $200. You could use an XBox controller if you had to but it sucks.

TDRacinŽ
03-04-2017, 09:29 PM
They said today that it most likely won't be released with the new build but are pushing for March 29th.The requirements to run the software aren't that high so you could find a pc for $500 or so to run it and then a used for around $200. You could use an XBox controller if you had to but it sucks.

I would advise against both of these suggestions. One, you won't find a new system capable of doing iRacing for $500, and two, if you aren't going to even attempt it with a wheel, then don't bother. Now, you CAN get a good system for $500, but you will need to find a used system which isn't hard to do. You just have to know what is worth what. Then you can find a good wheel for around $100, again used but doable.

From there you can then try it out and see if it is for you. Otherwise you'll never know what you're missing. If it is indeed something you want to pursue further, then you can start looking at immersing yourself into better things like three screens/rift, quality pedals, better steering system, a c*ckpit, etc. If it isn't, just sell it for what you invested.

The sky's the limit on what you can spend but don't cut yourself short and frustrate yourself without even trying it! Ask questions and you'll find what you need.

DKenyon28
03-04-2017, 09:39 PM
You can build your own system for right around $500 that would be enough to run iRacing. I just built my own 2 weeks ago. I spent more than $500 but that's because my budget allowed for that. All you gotta do is look up some builds from respected guys on YouTube to see that it is possible.I agree that a controller should not be used. I only said you could but it sucks.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-05-2017, 06:39 AM
I definitely am one who strongly advises against using a controller. A good wheel definitely. Some people like Thrustmaster wheels, had zero luck with one many moons ago. Springs were toast very quickly. Logitech Momo if you can find one for around a $100 is a good start. Ran the pi$$ outta it and it was pretty good. If I get into IRacing, I'm buying the new Logitech wheel, I think it's the 920. Around $300 for it, I have a good Dell XPS computer. Don't know if I'll ever go for the co@kpit stuff, because that room doubles as the kids play area/place for guests to sleep. So turning it into a co@kpit filled game room won't work for me. And I need a job with wayyyyy better hours too.

But if I hit the lottery, and quit working, you bet your a$$ I'll have a game room with a full good co@kpit with the 3 screens.

Game looks really good for sure.

TDRacinŽ
03-05-2017, 09:31 AM
You can build your own system for right around $500 that would be enough to run iRacing. I just built my own 2 weeks ago. I spent more than $500 but that's because my budget allowed for that. All you gotta do is look up some builds from respected guys on YouTube to see that it is possible.I agree that a controller should not be used. I only said you could but it sucks.

Assuming one knows how to (I know, it's like Legos, but some people just don't). But with $500 you could purchase a used system that would perform better.

Ideally one should ask around if anyone in their area has a setup already that they can try. Most sim racers are very open to that. Once you join iRacing you can post asking about it. I'm hopeful that someone will have an iRacing setup at Eldora this summer to really turn people on to it!

TDRacinŽ
03-06-2017, 06:31 PM
https://www.facebook.com/iracing/videos/10155078922261085/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Snake X3
03-06-2017, 06:54 PM
That's pretty wild. I don't know how that thing sticks.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-06-2017, 08:31 PM
Only b!tch I see is the tire squealing is excessive. Hopefully it can be tweaked or will be. Going to be some serious wrecks when this gets released to lol.

Looks great, just very realistic.

WisWildManFan
03-06-2017, 11:32 PM
Anyone have any idea how much a graphics card update would cost? I believe the computer is about 10 years old.

Viper91
03-07-2017, 01:42 AM
Go to the website and look up the pc requirements I bought a used gaming pc for about $350 quad core processor 8 gigs of ram and a ati amd 5700 graphics card running windows 10.the pc runs iracing at 84fps on high setting I bought a used G27 wheel and pedals from a guy on iracing for $150

chupp n bloomer fan
03-07-2017, 03:24 AM
Anyone have any idea how much a graphics card update would cost? I believe the computer is about 10 years old.Depends what ya wanna spend. 40 up to a few hundred. On that old of a computer, I'd see what the processor is you have. You wouldn't wanna do all kinds of updates and have a processor that's real slow, or not enough internal memory.

TBSprintFan
03-07-2017, 04:52 AM
Depends what ya wanna spend. 40 up to a few hundred. On that old of a computer, I'd see what the processor is you have. You wouldn't wanna do all kinds of updates and have a processor that's real slow, or not enough internal memory.

I wonder if this will help get new and more people into racing as either drivers or fans?

chupp n bloomer fan
03-07-2017, 10:31 AM
I wonder if this will help get new and more people into racing as either drivers or fans?I honestly think they stand a legit chance of doing so.

Mantis
03-07-2017, 12:06 PM
If anybody is interested here is a DIY I did last summer that cost around $115 minus the Logitech G920. Works great and pretty simple and straightforward to build. Just need to get some paint and go-fast stickers on it this year.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/vFWGLot2OXNbKieSr2t3tiPndltNh8T2QYzJgfgH3cZp5XLmNm hnZL6TMozw2-pxXHdwpnoe0g9hOlYW3nab27jnPGCoYAE8HTWgcZtyOgHwN21H BrveoauX640I00bBp5xTnM80p8Q1gHP0LHdz0_58RCIyet9BZq e3mHcFypysT9ZdJZk2LzjOy6fWOqvzAQWQomMaSBpL9hdLLOvD M6mqHJwWbc8RcRgPfE9GBiMVpNTsMdfgy6Aev_730VqI0bDMs2 j8aX-UReStqqkyz1AF7mDO-ExC5xIResSKYxEnjYbC8mytgtLtlx2wIjztlUfc_aelNXQiu8X b1jMJ-rie0FcKe-zBpTreOomn-Metonh4H_PIpAGZ2UysjTx_64--eiGQlpbtod6ncP2AWbBd6cOE8qYHr4d7ZdpyK0Oe92ohnlaKNd-aAZFu9C6S_0rO_k8XlXerD95tuSV814HEOehETtZbpyAN_3SYa 4QvNGcJ8vAqHEmqBLsgHtioMa_ZAYV3zKir-g5TCxs_O2woaKenSQ5D2CLmOnpSGM4qioxT96pcyT-9fNfMjJ01x0bseYuLt9PnY0jHlPzhQAOeeMZ8mR7WiLouxSpe1 AuYhIM1mBlf=w1113-h835-no

03fan
03-08-2017, 10:52 AM
If anyone has questions about the game or if their PC is good enough feel free to PM me and I'll try to help out.