PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 b shepp # 1 feb 28

highgroove
02-28-2017, 02:21 PM
lt's still early , but...click below

Highside Hustler25
02-28-2017, 03:45 PM
Everyone in the top 9 had won a race or two and Bobby runs 12th at east bay and stays at number 4. Unreal! I mean if he gets on another Illinois terror then that's another story. No way you can rank him above Overton, Clanton, Madden or TMac right now. It's all in fun I guess but The DOD boys love that 32

If you are basing the rankings off of Florida alone then yes, I see your point. Lets not forget Bobby was kickin butt out in Arizona while most of those guys stayed home. He has won more races than the 4 guys you listed.

You want to talk about crazy, 6 out of 10 guys voted for Shannon Babb. He hasn't even raced yet and doesn't plan on competing for 3 more weeks. I'm a Babb fan but really?

How bout Fitzgerald or Briggs? They at least competed.

dirt FANatic 11
02-28-2017, 04:00 PM
So, 3 out of 4 Wins and 4 out of 4 top 5's in Arizona don't mean anything? Then might as well take Chris Simpson and Moyer Sr off the list, because they haven't raced anywhere besides Arizona.
And add to it that he drove Gundakers backup car in Florida, and not only got into the show, but also moved forward in the feature.
Pierce deserves to be top 5 for sure.

zach51
02-28-2017, 04:05 PM
Centeroff you are a fraud, plain and simple. On other threads you want to say "don't say anything bad about bloomer because his wife and daughter might see it", when you've said nastier things about members on here who also have families. Feel free to continue with the BS you spew on here but stop the double standard, seriously.

Barbecueboy
02-28-2017, 04:10 PM
If you are basing the rankings off of Florida alone then yes, I see your point. Lets not forget Bobby was kickin butt out in Arizona while most of those guys stayed home. He has won more races than the 4 guys you listed.

You want to talk about crazy, 6 out of 10 guys voted for Shannon Babb. He hasn't even raced yet and doesn't plan on competing for 3 more weeks. I'm a Babb fan but really?

How bout Fitzgerald or Briggs? They at least competed.

Like button for the Fitzgerald mention.....

Josh Bayko
02-28-2017, 04:17 PM
I don't know why folks get so worked up over rankings based on opinion. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of life.

dirt FANatic 11
02-28-2017, 04:21 PM
They do matter come FALS PDC weekend. The staff uses DoD rankings to help determine who is eligible to race in the fri night #FALS Draw. So they matter to some extent....

zach51
02-28-2017, 05:32 PM
You proved my point for me, just as I expected. Bravo!

President Clinton
02-28-2017, 05:49 PM
I participated in sex acts that involved 2 midgets ,a lama,a couple of sheep, and a gerbil while doing blow with bloomer!!!!! So there you have a witness!!!!! lol

Highside Hustler25
02-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Like button for the Fitzgerald mention.....

Heck BBQ, he probably posted better numbers than some that are ranked ahead of him. He could of been mentioned.

Highside Hustler25
02-28-2017, 06:00 PM
Centeroff, who was at Arizona?

The only guy with 6 GLOBES. (that's right. "6")
Earl Pearson
Jimmy Mars
Mike Marlar
Brandon Overton
Terry Phillips
Chris Simpson

maybe not the field that was down at Florida, bad not a bad group.

Cardirt0
02-28-2017, 06:05 PM
Now back to the subject.. Pierce was on a rail in zona but who was there? Did he beat any of the drivers ranked behind him in Arizona? He was in a backup car at east bay but that particular backup car was a 2016 Pierce Platinum with pro power under the hood. I did see a picture that surfaced from Arizona that several people also seen that clearly showed what looked like a 3rd shock on a particular car?? Just saying. I have several PMs regarding that subject but I am a man that keeps my word so I'm sworn to silence. I will also state and I swear on my daughter this was told to me, may not be true one bit but I was told that a big named chassis builder personally witnessed the Rumley type shock device on a certain car. Don't get mad at me for stating what I was told. If you guys can remember there was a whole thread on this subject. I can't vouch for seeing it up close but I do know for a fact what these old eyes seen in a picture. Also, why was the picture removed from the DOD archives? Some will know exactly what I'm talking about and others may not??

Blasphemy Blasphemy Blasphemy to say something bad about the 32 is Blasphemy dont you know that LOL 32 is a god just ask his FANS....

a25rjr
02-28-2017, 06:42 PM
Centeroff, who was at Arizona?

The only guy with 6 GLOBES. (that's right. "6")
Earl Pearson
Jimmy Mars
Mike Marlar
Brandon Overton
Terry Phillips
Chris Simpson

maybe not the field that was down at Florida, bad not a bad group.

Based off that group, Bobby shouldn't be in the top 10!

Fitzgerald should definitely be in the top 25 though. He made all the features except 1 at gis!

a25rjr
02-28-2017, 07:06 PM
It appears the panel of voters sees something different. Im sure Bobby will make it legit into the top 5 shortly, but not now! He didn't race against the best for 2 weeks!

dirtdobber45
02-28-2017, 07:37 PM
Madden should be ranked higher than lil Bobby thats for sure. If WoO hadnt screwed him he wouldve been at least top 3 in points or leading them.

Illtsate32
02-28-2017, 07:40 PM
Your hard on for Bobby especially for claiming to be an older man is lame and to be honest awkward...and secondly discrediting everything the kid does makes you the biggest hater of sucess ive ever seen or you just dont know your dirt late model racing...either way it makes you look stupid and anything you say about dirt racing insignificant...

klemmabyna
02-28-2017, 08:33 PM
he has to take shots at bobby now cause Richards and bobby are gonna hand his hero his a$$ later!

Barbecueboy
02-28-2017, 09:33 PM
Heck BBQ, he probably posted better numbers than some that are ranked ahead of him. He could of been mentioned.
He did indeed.......Jason is another cool ass sumbitch IMO.

Great to see him do well.

Snake X3
02-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Another sweep for the Rocket House Car...well House Car 1a and 1b-shep. What's that now? 16 of the last 34 weeks? At least DoD can split the love this year. Not saying it wasn't well deserved...it really was, but you'd think with all that House Car (and House Car Jr) love they are showing that they could run a decent commercial for them. That one they are running this year sounds awful.

Highside Hustler25
02-28-2017, 09:57 PM
Another sweep for the Rocket House Car...well House Car 1a and 1b-shep. What's that now? 16 of the last 34 weeks? At least DoD can split the love this year. Not saying it wasn't well deserved...it really was, but you'd think with all that House Car (and House Car Jr) love they are showing that they could run a decent commercial for them. That one they are running this year sounds awful.

House Car Jr.:cool:That should be Josh's new nickname.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-28-2017, 11:39 PM
Feel the love in this thread!

zyoung25
03-01-2017, 01:17 AM
I don't feel like Gonzaga should be ranked #2 in the nation, cuz who have they beat in awhile? I guess I should go on a 42 page rant and tell how much that effects my life.....but I wont, cuz it doesnt.

dirtdobber45
03-01-2017, 06:57 AM
Why would Lucas go to lil Bobbys shop? Hes not running their series.

TackyTracker
03-01-2017, 09:19 AM
hey nice job to B-Shepp

dirtdobber45
03-01-2017, 09:46 AM
it was during the rumley/davenport deal...bobby went on like a 5 race win streak...Lucas oil stopped by several shops not just bobbys. Also his car was tore down out in Arizona after night 3 and found no mysterious 3rd shock or anything illegal.Maybe thats why he ran third that night. He knew they were gonna check him.... jus sayin

Illtsate32
03-02-2017, 09:19 AM
I don't feel like Gonzaga should be ranked #2 in the nation, cuz who have they beat in awhile? I guess I should go on a 42 page rant and tell how much that effects my life.....but I wont, cuz it doesnt.They play in a watered down conference lol..and they can only win shooting 3s they need to learn to win doing lay ups until they learn to win using layups I cant consider them one of the best teams in the country smh...

smooth32
03-02-2017, 09:28 AM
They play in a watered down conference lol..and they can only win shooting 3s they need to learn to win doing lay ups until they learn to win using layups I cant consider them one of the best teams in the country smh... very funny. some wont get it.

MI Dirt Fan
03-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Did Centeroffs original post disappear because he was quoted and was responded to but I don't see the original post???

How many times has Clanton raced? Twice?

Cardirt0
03-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Feel the love in this thread!

If thats love i dont want none.....You know if 32 was a super hero he be Robin just a Batman want to be... You should know better then to bring up boy wonder......

#FALSuperman
03-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Did Centeroffs original post disappear because he was quoted and was responded to but I don't see the original post???How many times has Clanton raced? Twice?He's raced 4 times, with the 23 lap shortened yellow flag win. The other 3 races, he didn't crack the top 10. I'm guessing as someone earlier said, they are just giving the top 9 rankings to the winners of features in 2017. JD for instance is 3rd in Lucas points (3 top 5's and a top 3 finish), yet is 10th in voting because he has no wins.

Barbecueboy
03-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Casey Roberts had a decent weekend at screven.....set fast time against the woo regulars , won his heat Saturday had a pair of top tens against the same crowd and dropped out.

It's a poll of educated opinion, take it for what it's worth........they get it right more times than they get it wrong.

Highside Hustler25
03-02-2017, 11:05 AM
someone needs another timeout:rolleyes:

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Did Centeroffs original post disappear because he was quoted and was responded to but I don't see the original post???

How many times has Clanton raced? Twice?

It sure did get deleted!

Highside Hustler25
03-02-2017, 11:58 AM
It sure did get deleted!

It's not the only one that got deleted. He might have gone poof himself.

Bubstr
03-02-2017, 12:11 PM
I would still like to see a rating based on dollars won subtracting miles / dollars, traveled / spent, to win it. Until then, my rating system stays in place. Each race they all start off even and get rated at the checkered flag. Right after the post race ceremonies, they go back to even. No one won the next race off a press article. You can argue this is a sport or this is a business all you want, but when you have no cash, we will see how sporty you are.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-02-2017, 12:14 PM

Lol i was thinking that myself but then we wouldnt have the 4m dlm racing analyst guru!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-02-2017, 12:26 PM

None of his post can be found. Oldfart50 got band again. I wouldnt be suprised if centeroff just deleted himself just to see if anybody notices.

MI Dirt Fan
03-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Can't delete yourself. Pretty sure oldfart50 was old fan

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Can't delete yourself. Pretty sure oldfart50 was old fan

Yes oldfan50. Memory loss from to much paint fumes lol

If he got banned his name would show up saying banned but nothing shows up at all.

MI Dirt Fan
03-02-2017, 12:31 PM
It shows oldfart50 is banned but his posts are still visible. Centeroff is completely gone, no record of him

MI Dirt Fan
03-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Yes oldfan50. Memory loss from to much paint fumes lol

No I mean oldfart50 was old fan, Calverton, lite inn and a dozen others

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-02-2017, 12:35 PM

Ok my bad still way to may paint fume over the yrs!

Barbecueboy
03-02-2017, 12:39 PM

Old fart 50 wasn't litey or calverton , old fart 50 could spell.

Was a complete toolbox, but could spell.

MI Dirt Fan
03-02-2017, 12:47 PM
The whole vocabulary thing was just his gimmick he used to conceal himself using multiple usernames.

Cardirt0
03-02-2017, 12:54 PM
The whole vocabulary thing was just his gimmick he used to conceal himself using multiple usernames.

YEP you got that one right...

dirtdobber45
03-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Oldfart was a d*!k. Litey(and alias(s)) wasnt. IMO.

Cardirt0
03-02-2017, 01:03 PM
His name has been removed from the Member list... Centeroff is no more.....

Cardirt0
03-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Ok my bad still way to may paint fume over the yrs!

Paint i heard it tuck the doc 2 hours too get the air plane glue tube out of his nose...

flagone
03-02-2017, 01:33 PM
Guys its really pretty simple. If you don't like the top 25 poll or agree with it - just don't look at it. It is absolutely an educated opinion poll among 10 people. I love that you guys talk about it. That is great as it helps bring traffic and publicity to the site. But getting all bent out of shape about it is way overboard.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-02-2017, 01:36 PM
oldfart was a d*!k. Litey(and alias(s)) wasnt. Imo.

Still your son !!! Lmao

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Paint i heard it tuck the doc 2 hours too get the air plane glue tube out of his nose...

Thats for me cardirt0 inhaling paint fumes for 39yrs here

Highside Hustler25
03-02-2017, 01:58 PM
Guys its really pretty simple. If you don't like the top 25 poll or agree with it - just don't look at it. It is absolutely an educated opinion poll among 10 people. I love that you guys talk about it. That is great as it helps bring traffic and publicity to the site. But getting all bent out of shape about it is way overboard.

Ok. without getting bent out of shape, maybe we can politely discuss how no one could show any love for Jason Fitzgerald after posting a great speedweeks for a regional racer, yet throw 6 votes at the Babster who is still getting his car ready and has not even raced yet? I would have thought at least Kevin Kovac would of thrown a vote his way. He took the time to write a nice article about him.
If this is a unreasonable question or debate, why even post a poll on a forum? This place is getting more and more like a dictatorship every day.I don't get it?

Zero0
03-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Don Oneil should be top 5

dirtdobber45
03-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Still your son !!! LmaoHes too old to be my son. Plus hes from St.Louie...never been there... that I remember lol

dirtdobber45
03-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Thats for me cardirt0 inhaling paint fumes for 39yrs hereIs that what is wrong with you? Thought it might have been dropped on your head too much when you were little...lol

dirtdobber45
03-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Don Oneil should be top 5How did you come up with that conclusion?

Barbecueboy
03-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Oldfart was a d*!k. Litey(and alias(s)) wasnt. IMO.

Agreed........

Snake X3
03-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Ok. without getting bent out of shape, maybe we can politely discuss how no one could show any love for Jason Fitzgerald after posting a great speedweeks for a regional racer, yet throw 6 votes at the Babster who is still getting his car ready and has not even raced yet? I would have thought at least Kevin Kovac would of thrown a vote his way. He took the time to write a nice article about him.

I don't think the people voting put a whole lot of thought into it or they care very much who is ranked where. Like Kelly said, it's just the opinion of 10 people. Those people work all for or contribute to DoD in various capacities. It's simply not a very good or fair poll and I don't think they would disagree with that. They're not a diverse group that represents a wide range of opinions and differing perspectives. There has to be an element of "group think" to it since they work together, go to races together and talk among themselves. Even if they aren't what you would call a tight knit group, it's still a lot different than if they still had a many more people voting and not just "DoD people (I say DoD people because I don't know that they all work for DoD, but for sure they work together at times) as they did in 2015. And I'm willing to bet the reason they cut down the number of people voting is because people were lazy and late submitting their lists, so it was just easier and less stressful to cut it down to people they knew would participate in a timely fashion.

And that is why you get a guy like Fitzgerald completely ignored. It's simply a glaring omission resulting from a flawed process.

The problem is that whether or not DoD means it to be a serious poll, it is taken seriously...not just by 4m people, but everyone from drivers, owners, sponsors and the people that run the series. DoD is the leader in the sport and I think it's safe to say they carry more weight and influence than any other website or publication etc. When you have announcers for Lucas and WoO referring to a driver as "The number one driver in the country", that's a pretty big deal. I'm sure Rigsby and Turner grasp just how important they are to the sport and how much weight they carry. I think Rigsby tries really hard to be impartial and does a good job of being as unbiased as possible. However, when it comes to this poll? I'm not so sure they realize just how much that means. I don't know how to fix it or even if it needs fixing. I may consider the poll a joke, but it's a fact that the rankings do matter.

As far as having a civilized discussion on 4m goes....well I'm sure you realize that's not likely to happen. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

Mud Packer
03-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Since this is a hot topic right now I have a suggestion. Most on here debate at least part of the rankings. It has been said that 10 people, all of whom are with DoD, vote for the poll. Since the debate is hot and the season just getting started, you guys put together a group of 10 people from the forum who you think represents a broader overview of late model racing. Then that group could vote for the 4m DLM poll weekly. Quite a few of you on here seem to have the background to get this started and off the ground.

I'm sure that finding 10 qualified people to represent the 4m forum is doable. This isn't some kind of a joke but a call out to find the people who best represent DLM racing and get this project started. I'm interested in seeing who this group would consist of.

reid boys
03-02-2017, 04:51 PM
Mud packer getting stuff done on 4m boards. Great idea. Clap clap clap.

smooth32
03-02-2017, 05:05 PM
It's just a poll From the boys at DoD. Hoosier tire could make a poll. 4m could make a poll. Uncle Joes discount tabacco could make a poll. Which one would be correct? Does it matter? Its just an opinion. I have my opinion. You have yours. Just an opinionated poll guys, don't know why people get so worked up over it.

Cardirt0
03-02-2017, 05:27 PM
It's just a poll From the boys at DoD. Hoosier tire could make a poll. 4m could make a poll. Uncle Joes discount tabacco could make a poll. Which one would be correct? Does it matter? Its just an opinion. I have my opinion. You have yours. Just an opinionated poll guys, don't know why people get so worked up over it.

Well if its JUST a Opinion when why cant people give theirs Back...Whos worked up !!!! they just saying that there Nuts or wrong thats there OPINION....Its Not the 90s no more just ask the Dem.. they still crying LOL.....

Cardirt0
03-02-2017, 05:33 PM
If this is a unreasonable question or debate, why even post a poll on a forum? This place is getting more and more like a dictatorship every day.I don't get it?

Hate to say this But you is right.... How do people that did not race get put over people that did...You do get it this time,,, and you are right on this one....

KBM18fan
03-02-2017, 06:18 PM
I do believe Centeroff was not the only person that got banned and had topics erased.

a25rjr
03-02-2017, 06:22 PM
I do believe Centeroff was not the only person that got banned and had topics erased.

Some musta criticized the Rocket clan! :)

kidrock
03-02-2017, 06:49 PM

And you would be correct it's just their opinions. It makes for good conversation when everyone can have their own opinions.

KBM18fan
03-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Nope. Wrong chassis brand I do believe a25jr. The way people keep getting banned makes me leery of making a comment about certain people on here. May just end of making a lot of private messages.

Cardirt0
03-02-2017, 07:06 PM

I got Banned for 30 days... He got Erased...

Snake X3
03-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Since this is a hot topic right now I have a suggestion. Most on here debate at least part of the rankings. It has been said that 10 people, all of whom are with DoD, vote for the poll. Since the debate is hot and the season just getting started, you guys put together a group of 10 people from the forum who you think represents a broader overview of late model racing. Then that group could vote for the 4m DLM poll weekly. Quite a few of you on here seem to have the background to get this started and off the ground.

I'm sure that finding 10 qualified people to represent the 4m forum is doable. This isn't some kind of a joke but a call out to find the people who best represent DLM racing and get this project started. I'm interested in seeing who this group would consist of.

I had thought about doing just that, but to me it just seems like a pointless endeavor and a lot of work for no real purpose and with nothing to gain. Like Kelly said, it serves a purpose for DoD. It gets people talking about their poll and drives traffic to their site.

I do think you'd get different results. If you picked people with different perspectives I seriously doubt you'd have seen the Rocket House Car (or House Car and House Car Jr this year) getting a unanimous vote half the time like they did last year.

MI Dirt Fan
03-02-2017, 07:51 PM
Nope. Wrong chassis brand I do believe a25jr. The way people keep getting banned makes me leery of making a comment about certain people on here. May just end of making a lot of private messages.
And you know this because you've just joined and posted twice?

a25rjr
03-02-2017, 07:54 PM

I know...I was joking around. I got banned several times for joking around about Rocket, even when I said I was a Rocket/Richards fan! Go figure!

dirtcrazy4u
03-02-2017, 08:16 PM
It's so early in the season I can see a top 10 or 15 coming out of florida. 25 ? + how many that got mentioned ? Golden isles was nothing more than follow the leader racing . East bay had track issues as did Volusia . I think you have to give guys at least until may before you can go to 25 +. Some are still evaluating that did go to Florida while others are still waiting to turn laps.

Bubstr
03-02-2017, 08:18 PM
How you joke and who you joke about takes a certain skill set. Common sense is a flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

MI Dirt Fan
03-02-2017, 08:30 PM
East bay had track issues as did Volusia .

EastBay had 6 nights scheduled and 2 were legitimate rainouts. Not sure how that's considered "track" issues. 1 was a non points and 1 was a points night.

dirtcrazy4u
03-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Agreed M1, 2 rainouts. Track issues !!! It was not meant any other way. ,

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-03-2017, 01:04 AM
This ranking is all a bunch of hog wash as the results show. It always has been every yr.

Cardirt0
03-03-2017, 02:20 AM
This ranking is all a bunch of hog wash as the results show. It always has been every yr.

And this year ant no dif........

Zero0
03-03-2017, 03:08 AM
I wouldn't be too sure Centeroff was banned. Rumor has it his new employer would have none of the Child's play and BS head games he played on here and him disappearing was part of the package. If you have been around the pits in the Carolina's and Virginia's you have seen his face and if you havnt you sure will soon! Best guy in the world but could piss the Pope off and then laugh about it together. I have been a member of this sight since about day 1 but forgot my old password and email and started this just to say I'm gonna miss the BS that nut job posted. I have made my 2-3 posts for the next 3 years, so good racing gentlemen

Cardirt0
03-03-2017, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't be too sure Centeroff was banned. Rumor has it his new employer would have none of the Child's play and BS head games he played on here and him disappearing was part of the package. If you have been around the pits in the Carolina's and Virginia's you have seen his face and if you havnt you sure will soon! Best guy in the world but could piss the Pope off and then laugh about it together. I have been a member of this sight since about day 1 but forgot my old password and email and started this just to say I'm gonna miss the BS that nut job posted. I have made my 2-3 posts for the next 3 years, so good racing gentlemen

The only way you can have your NAME removed from the Members LIST is for 4M to do it...You or I can not do that .. People wanted them to clean up this Place and now they are doing it....SO stop the C R A P or you are gone is what they are saying....I have been on here forever and in some ways happy they are, but then i have lost some of the things I could do because of it witch I am not happy about... Guess i will just have too live with that and so will ALL OF YOU....

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-03-2017, 08:37 AM

How do we know your not centeroff!

Cardirt0
03-03-2017, 08:42 AM
How do we know your not centeroff!

He was not Banned he was Removed from 4M his name is gone from the Members list....

Necrosis
03-03-2017, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't be too sure Centeroff was banned. Rumor has it his new employer would have none of the Child's play and BS head games he played on here and him disappearing was part of the package. If you have been around the pits in the Carolina's and Virginia's you have seen his face and if you havnt you sure will soon! Best guy in the world but could piss the Pope off and then laugh about it together. I have been a member of this sight since about day 1 but forgot my old password and email and started this just to say I'm gonna miss the BS that nut job posted. I have made my 2-3 posts for the next 3 years, so good racing gentlemenYou know him so well, you even write with the same syntax and grammatical errors/sentence structure! So lets distill this down... Hi Centeroff, so your working for your zHero now? This was a pathetic attempt at self-aggrandizement, usually symptomatic of someone having low self esteem. As far as the poll on DoD goes- I'll agree with them! If you race more, but have a lower avg finish, wouldn't you agree you'd rather be the guy (like a Chris Madden) who races less, but has almost all top 3 finishes?

flagone
03-03-2017, 09:13 AM
I will try to answer the questions from my perspective.

I have never been asked or led to vote for anyone in the 4 years I have participated. Snake I sort of get what you are saying however that is not actually the case. My process is to look at the previous week's poll and look at the results from this week to make changes up or down or to drop out or add drivers. But it isn't solely based on this week's results.

I do take it seriously and put in due diligence and I believe the others do as well.

In my mind this poll is not a "best of the week" poll. I believe that most recent performances push you up the chart but recent performances are not the only factor involved in the ranking. Fitz, who I personally like very much (he was my RotY once back in my SAS days), had a great Speedweeks for sure. BUT he only raced like 7 or 8 times last year. So he didn't have enough happen last year to get him on to the list. If Casey Roberts, who was on the pre-season poll, had the same Speedweeks he would have stayed in the top 25 and maybe even moved up a spot or 2. Had Fitz won a race in Florida I can just about guarantee he would have cracked the top 25. Look at Moyer and Pierce. They both raced in Arizona and won. Neither raced Speedweeks (save for Bobby's lone backup car appearance) but they both have wins this year AND were in the poll last year.

And to say that the group isn't diverse or that they don't have a good grasp on dirt late model racing is at the very least inaccurate. In fact, not including myself, I think the group is stellar when it comes to widespread knowledge of the industry. There are certainly some fans that are as well versed as this group but for the most part you are looking at it from your own perspectives. I can be wrong but I know that I am not biased towards anyone. If that were the case my votes would be loaded down with drivers who race in my region and more likely those that race with me on a weekly basis. But its not.

I had BShepp at number 1 this week. In my mind based on his solid 2016 coupled with what he did at Speedweeks with a new team that he deserved to be number 1. Josh's 2016 was great. He had a very strong Speedweeks. I took into consideration that he also did it with a new team. But I also took into consideration how many times he raced versus BShepp. So he was number 2 for me.

klemmabyna
03-03-2017, 09:58 AM
...Hi Centeroff, so your working for your zHero now?...

just what that circus needs. another clown!

the DoD rankings: engaged in a debate here a couple years ago. it's an opinion poll. we certainly are not all going to agree. however, the accuracy does reflect on the credibility of those whose opinions are used.

Cardirt0
03-03-2017, 11:27 AM
I will try to answer the questions from my perspective.

I have never been asked or led to vote for anyone in the 4 years I have participated. Snake I sort of get what you are saying however that is not actually the case. My process is to look at the previous week's poll and look at the results from this week to make changes up or down or to drop out or add drivers. But it isn't solely based on this week's results.

I do take it seriously and put in due diligence and I believe the others do as well.

In my mind this poll is not a "best of the week" poll. I believe that most recent performances push you up the chart but recent performances are not the only factor involved in the ranking. Fitz, who I personally like very much (he was my RotY once back in my SAS days), had a great Speedweeks for sure. BUT he only raced like 7 or 8 times last year. So he didn't have enough happen last year to get him on to the list. If Casey Roberts, who was on the pre-season poll, had the same Speedweeks he would have stayed in the top 25 and maybe even moved up a spot or 2. Had Fitz won a race in Florida I can just about guarantee he would have cracked the top 25. Look at Moyer and Pierce. They both raced in Arizona and won. Neither raced Speedweeks (save for Bobby's lone backup car appearance) but they both have wins this year AND were in the poll last year.

And to say that the group isn't diverse or that they don't have a good grasp on dirt late model racing is at the very least inaccurate. In fact, not including myself, I think the group is stellar when it comes to widespread knowledge of the industry. There are certainly some fans that are as well versed as this group but for the most part you are looking at it from your own perspectives. I can be wrong but I know that I am not biased towards anyone. If that were the case my votes would be loaded down with drivers who race in my region and more likely those that race with me on a weekly basis. But its not.

I had BShepp at number 1 this week. In my mind based on his solid 2016 coupled with what he did at Speedweeks with a new team that he deserved to be number 1. Josh's 2016 was great. He had a very strong Speedweeks. I took into consideration that he also did it with a new team. But I also took into consideration how many times he raced versus BShepp. So he was number 2 for me.

Someone who replays on why he did it... How refreshing ......

Bubstr
03-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Every time a poll comes out there is disagreement. That's good in away. We are posting. It would be interesting to see what the 4M crew would come up with if everyone had a vote. Even if it was just top ten. I'm thinking Favorites and hated drivers along with cheaters and wife beaters would influence this poll. It was just a WOO show he won. That don't count for much. Sure he won the LOLM race, but it was his home track. Did that driver sign my kids picture? No? no points for him.Some one post their top 10 on the first Tuesday of the month and see how it compares to DOD poll. We can all join in and average them out.

#FALSuperman
03-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Can we do a poll for best looking drivers girlfriend/wife? :D

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-03-2017, 01:42 PM

That all good but problem w that is posters will be on here saying they would boink this and boink that then it would esculate.
Good idea though!

Cardirt0
03-03-2017, 02:56 PM

That will start a fight for shore...I have seen more then 1 fight at FALS when Wife/Girlfriends were some were the should not have been...in the Pits

#FALSuperman
03-03-2017, 04:19 PM
That all good but problem w that is posters will be on here saying they would boink this and boink that then it would esculate. Good idea though!
That will start a fight for shore...I have seen more then 1 fight at FALS when Wife/Girlfriends were some were the should not have been...in the PitsAgreed on both statements...was trying to lighten the mood. So, we won't go there lol.