PDA

View Full Version : 4 bar bars/heims tight AFTER greasing/lubing

racert22
03-05-2017, 08:22 AM
My left side 4bar bars are tight & locked down as can be but my right side is free as can be. What can be the issue with the left side? I grease/lube every heim etc every week & the left side will loosen up some but once I sit the car back down & move it some then raise it back up the left side is locked down again. I even replaced the left side heims/bars with new ones & still locks down. What can be causing this?

2old4this
03-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Birdcage bearings?

RCJ
03-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Are you using aluminum heims?

racert22
03-05-2017, 10:11 AM
Yea they are aluminum but even the brand new ones are gettin locked down but I can take the 4bar off completely & they'll move freely.

Austin34471
03-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Yea they are aluminum but even the brand new ones are gettin locked down but I can take the 4bar off completely & they'll move freely.

Get chromolly teflon infused heims then don't grease them.

grt74
03-05-2017, 01:04 PM
My left side 4bar bars are tight & locked down as can be but my right side is free as can be. What can be the issue with the left side? I grease/lube every heim etc every week & the left side will loosen up some but once I sit the car back down & move it some then raise it back up the left side is locked down again. I even replaced the left side heims/bars with new ones & still locks down. What can be causing this?

they must be getting in a bind at some point, move the rear end around in the shop, sometimes on some cars the lr bars will get in a bind at full drop (check this) and it will pinch the housing on the ball, this will cause a locked down heim every time, make sure they move free at ride height and when at full drop and that they don't run out of movement at any point

RCJ
03-05-2017, 08:23 PM
I went back to steel because of the same issue.