PDA

View Full Version : Clarksville is the Toliet Bowl of Racing...

wfofan
03-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Clarksville should keep the trophy 🏆 for the racing it offered

Clayton_Wetter
03-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Clarksville should keep the trophy  for the racing it offered

Sorry for your bad experience!

george w
03-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Its been that way for YEARS.....

GEAR_HEAD
03-05-2017, 09:40 PM
The problem with many promoters is they either don't care that the racing sucks, they don't want to admit that the racing sucks, or they don't know how to fix the track. I've been watching DoD videos of crappy racing at Clarksville for years and they do nothing to improve it. But they're not the only ones, it's a common issue in dirt racing. If I owned a track and the racing was that bad I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that I offered such a terrible product. It's not complaining that's killing racetracks like they like to claim, it's the lack of effort to provide entertainment for the fans and a fun surface for the racers. The promoter needs to take an educational trip to FALS, Macon, or Tri-State to see how prep should be done. I'm sure if they talked to any of those track prep guys they would offer pointers.

J20in1st
03-06-2017, 12:24 AM
If I owned a track and the racing was that bad I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that I offered such a terrible product. It's not complaining that's killing racetracks like they like to claim, it's the lack of effort to provide entertainment for the fans and a fun surface for the racers.

Yes yes yes!! Finally someone else gets it

3 wide
03-06-2017, 05:47 AM
Your exactly right and there's one other thing killing race tracks those that want to run till about 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning promoters around here don't get it they think they got to run everything they can drag in the pits.

GEAR_HEAD
03-06-2017, 10:18 AM
People just need to start patronizing the tracks that put effort into track prep and get the show done at a reasonable time. I used to attend tracks just because there was a race there, but not anymore. I'll attend if they deserve my money. The sad part is that if we all stopped attending the poorly run tracks they would just close instead of fixing anything. Every track in the country has an equal opportunity to offer good racing like FALS, Eldora, Florence, etc. do, if they choose not to try to capitalize on that opportunity then they don't deserve our patronage. Track promoters should be held accountable.

Barbecueboy
03-06-2017, 10:48 AM
People just need to start patronizing the tracks that put effort into track prep and get the show done at a reasonable time. I used to attend tracks just because there was a race there, but not anymore. I'll attend if they deserve my money. The sad part is that if we all stopped attending the poorly run tracks they would just close instead of fixing anything. Every track in the country has an equal opportunity to offer good racing like FALS, Eldora, Florence, etc. do, if they choose not to try to capitalize on that opportunity then they don't deserve our patronage. Track promoters should be held accountable.

A lot of them are too busy blaming social media for their woes.........

Facts are......good news travels just as fast on social media as bad news does.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-06-2017, 11:18 AM
A lot of them are too busy blaming social media for their woes.........

Facts are......good news travels just as fast on social media as bad news does.
Exactly! Digital media is why I traveled 4 hours to a regular show at Oakshade.

TS FAN
03-06-2017, 05:57 PM
I stayed with it for about 3 min Dirt on Dirt. YIKES!!!

Clayton_Wetter
03-06-2017, 06:19 PM

Another four star post!!!

Clarksville needs to be another eight feet wider on the outside as it is just too tight if the track gets slick.

25 Jay 53
03-06-2017, 11:01 PM
Your exactly right and there's one other thing killing race tracks those that want to run till about 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning promoters around here don't get it they think they got to run everything they can drag in the pits.

You got that exactly right. I quit going to any local shows here in west Tennessee because 1. They run 8 classes until 3 a.m. 2. They very seldom if ever run supers 3. The track prep is about a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.
I had rather save my time and money and hit tracks like I do for big shows that prove they care about fans, run good races, track prep is good and run minimal classes and get done at a decent hour.