PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Buckeye Spring 50

777landersfan
03-08-2017, 11:40 PM
Besides the Lucas guys who's coming?

HoosierDirtFan
03-09-2017, 12:19 AM
Besides the Lucas guys who's coming?

There's a list on the Atomic Speedway Facebook page posted a few days ago.

zyoung25
03-09-2017, 12:20 AM
https://m.facebook.com/AtomicSpeedway/

They have been updating the list as guys confirm they're coming.

adamconners
03-09-2017, 01:46 AM
Would think (and I could be wrong) they would have a decent car count as this is probably one of the first weekends many folks up north get to start their racing.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-09-2017, 03:24 AM
Would think (and I could be wrong) they would have a decent car count as this is probably one of the first weekends many folks up north get to start their racing.Had I believe 51 or 54 last year.

zyoung25
03-09-2017, 06:27 AM
Hopefully I don't jinx us here. The last couple years, we've had really good weather the day of this race, I'm sure that has aided the car count. As of right now it's looking the way it did in 2015. About 20 and snow the week before it went down, it was tshirt weather the day of the race.

Honestly I wish it would either just stay cold or warm up, and stay there. This up and down chit is hard on a man's immune system.

pink floyd
03-09-2017, 06:33 AM
boggs wins on this night.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-09-2017, 10:07 AM
boggs wins on this night.Lol. Sure he will.

birky time
03-09-2017, 10:16 AM
boggs wins on this night.

jackie boggs!!!!

#FALSuperman
03-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Boggs is running Modified only...so, maybe he will win.

willardboy
03-09-2017, 02:03 PM
I'm sure his late model is ready. Pretty sure he will be in it.

Pennsboro23
03-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Hope Tyler Carpenter has a good showing

SFrancisFan15
03-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Jackie will not win... Bloomer or Richards will they both run great there.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Jackie will not win... Bloomer or Richards will they both run great there.BShep, Owens, them are two more I'd go with.

#FALSuperman
03-09-2017, 05:56 PM
Wild card is JD...that is IF he shows. He has won this race back to back years. So, obviously he feels comfortable at Atomic. I would add Davenport to the talk if he decides to make the trip. If he does, then he will also be at Brownstown the following night.

pink floyd
03-09-2017, 05:58 PM
jackie boggs!!!!

yes, write the 10k check to him.

pink floyd
03-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Boggs is running Modified only...so, maybe he will win.

racing both, and will probably win both.

pink floyd
03-09-2017, 06:00 PM
Hope Tyler Carpenter has a good showing

so do I, he is much improved.

#FALSuperman
03-09-2017, 06:02 PM
racing both, and will probably win both.Yea, noticed he was added to the list.

pink floyd
03-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Yea, noticed he was added to the list.

he will be ready.

00Hdmn
03-09-2017, 06:37 PM
If Jacob Hawkins or Nick Hoffman are there in their mods Boggs won't win in a mod either!!!

TTS_JF
03-09-2017, 07:33 PM
If Hawkins, Hoffman, and Boggs run the mod race I'd predict it'll be better than the late model race

MadDad Racing
03-09-2017, 07:34 PM
BShep, Owens, them are two more I'd go with.

Must stink for you that you have no LOCAL or a OUTLAW Like Boggs to root for so you pick a National level racer to win... All the while knowing, Boggs can run with the big guys... But you are butt hurt over Boggs for your reasons.. Cool.. Pick 1 other Local/Outlaw that could even upset your picks to win... NONE......

MadDad Racing
03-09-2017, 07:38 PM
If Jacob Hawkins or Nick Hoffman are there in their mods Boggs won't win in a mod either!!!

UUgghh... I think Boggs can handle himself in a Mod also... Maybe none of the 3 win, but to say Boggs/Central Star Mod cant compete is nonsense at least...

chupp n bloomer fan
03-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Must stink for you that you have no LOCAL or a OUTLAW Like Boggs to root for so you pick a National level racer to win... All the while knowing, Boggs can run with the big guys... But you are butt hurt over Boggs for your reasons.. Cool.. Pick 1 other Local/Outlaw that could even upset your picks to win... NONE......Lol. Well, since you wanna go there, Boggs, to those without blinders, is extremely dirty. And he doesn't have to be, he is fast. But I do not like him because of the way he drives, plus he breaks a lot. Another reason I wouldn't pick him. I could give a sh!t less if you like who I pick or not, or whether they are national or local.

For a regional pick since you think I have none, when I live an hour from Atomic, and grew up half an hour from Sharon, would be Tyler Carpenter, who can also be dirty, but he's fast too. Or Eddie Carrier Jr or Devin Moran. Since I grew up a fan of Donnie and like Devin.

I should be surprised by your response, but you're a Boggs fan, so I'm not.

71PRPFan
03-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Did someone say JACKIEEEE BOGGGGSSSS

bleedblue55
03-10-2017, 10:33 AM
Must stink for you that you have no LOCAL or a OUTLAW Like Boggs to root for so you pick a National level racer to win... All the while knowing, Boggs can run with the big guys... But you are butt hurt over Boggs for your reasons.. Cool.. Pick 1 other Local/Outlaw that could even upset your picks to win... NONE......
I'll play, how about Tim Dohm, Zac Dohm or Tyler Carpenter.

willardboy
03-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Always like seeing the locals run well when the big boys come to town. Would live to see the 4B in victory lane. Hope the old man (#71) fares well also. His best track!

birky time
03-10-2017, 10:59 AM
yes, write the 10k check to him.

and the 1000$ check JACKIE BOGGS!!!!!!

pink floyd
03-10-2017, 11:02 AM
and the 1000$ check JACKIE BOGGS!!!!!!

you know it!

MEE
03-10-2017, 11:02 AM
I'm for any local beating the big boys

pink floyd
03-10-2017, 11:04 AM
I'll play, how about Tim Dohm, Zac Dohm or Tyler Carpenter.

all good picks.

pink floyd
03-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Did someone say JACKIEEEE BOGGGGSSSS

the atomic crowd will be yelling it next Friday when he takes the checkers.

Bob Hubbard
03-11-2017, 07:23 AM
How was the Lucus race last year at Atomic ? Did the track hold up ?

chupp n bloomer fan
03-11-2017, 07:28 AM
How was the Lucus race last year at Atomic ? Did the track hold up ?Not bad. JD walked away with it. But that early in the year, Atomic does a great job of putting in the effort to make the track raceable.

I recommend this race to anyone wanting to hit an early season race. A lot of cars, and a pretty good track. I'd be there, but I forgot my wife's birthday last year on the 18th, so I gotta make it up to her.;)

So I'm taking her out Saturday night, and not going Friday. Just too much to spend so close together. But I definitely recommend this race.

BIGSTEVE00
03-11-2017, 08:06 AM
Last year we had snow on the ground just days before the race and the track crew got the track cleaned off and ran in. We had a really good race. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this week. I really wish the weather would quit changing like it has been, do one or the other, preferably get warm and nice! I'm ready to go Racing!!!

71PRPFan
03-12-2017, 12:32 AM
This has been a great race the last two years hoping they get it in this time without freezing my sacknoff

pink floyd
03-12-2017, 06:13 AM
How was the Lucus race last year at Atomic ? Did the track hold up ?

it was good, track held together.

rickybrown1952
03-12-2017, 02:10 PM
I'm thinking for the win in the Late models Brandon sheppard MCcreadie Madden.

Mud Packer
03-12-2017, 02:31 PM
It was a good night of racing last year. I hope it is the same this time around. A big crowd and the only bad part was trying to get out of the parking lot.

pink floyd
03-12-2017, 05:23 PM
I'm thinking for the win in the Late models Brandon sheppard MCcreadie Madden.

i'm thinking they will all be chasing boggs.

buster83
03-12-2017, 11:30 PM
than boggs must be a lapped taxi cab.

Bob Hubbard
03-13-2017, 03:59 AM
Will boggs go to Florence or Brownstown on saturday

birky time
03-13-2017, 10:40 AM
It was a good night of racing last year. I hope it is the same this time around. A big crowd and the only bad part was trying to get out of the parking lot.

make left out of parking lot onto blain highway if you want to go north or south on 23 theres other backroads will take you to 23 or waverly just google map it

chupp n bloomer fan
03-13-2017, 10:47 AM
make left out of parking lot onto blain highway if you want to go north or south on 23 theres other backroads will take you to 23 or waverly just google map itYes, turn left. I head North on 23, and go them couple of backroads to the flashing lights to catch 23 when I leave. Wayyy quicker.

Mud Packer
03-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the info. I did turn left however it took over an hour and a half to get out of the parking lot alone. What the hold up was I have no idea. They had police at the exit of the parking area but very little movement. They could also use some people in the lot itself to help traffic flow.

MEE
03-13-2017, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the info. I did turn left however it took over an hour and a half to get out of the parking lot alone. What the hold up was I have no idea. They had police at the exit of the parking area but very little movement. They could also use some people in the lot itself to help traffic flow.

If I saw it rite,they were holding us up until all the pits were gone.
Took me an hour to get out. Sucks when you have a 3&1/2 hour drive home.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-13-2017, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the info. I did turn left however it took over an hour and a half to get out of the parking lot alone. What the hold up was I have no idea. They had police at the exit of the parking area but very little movement. They could also use some people in the lot itself to help traffic flow.I didn't cut up through because it makes ya feel like an a$$hole, but I'd say 90% of people turn right. The whole back up is for those going right. I'd honestly cut up through by the front to where it's L&R lanes, and if there's a line for left, wait. But never is there a line going left.

Clayton_Wetter
03-13-2017, 06:41 PM
Hello? You guys better be thinking about the weather;

03/17
45 | 38 °F
Friday 60% Precip. / < 1 in
Rain and freezing rain in the morning. Rain showers in the afternoon. High around 45F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 60%.
Friday Night 90% Precip. / 0.16 in
Steady light rain in the evening. Showers continuing late. Low 38F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

Pennsboro23
03-13-2017, 06:49 PM
I was going to go but it doesn't look too good this weekend.

zyoung25
03-13-2017, 06:50 PM
I guess I'll take the blame on this one :(

I was really hoping for a full weekend of racing. This on Friday and I got indy sx on Saturday. Momma nature has better plans though.

Clayton_Wetter
03-13-2017, 07:23 PM
It appears February will be warmer than March. Another crappy weekend coming again.

pink floyd
03-13-2017, 08:37 PM
It appears February will be warmer than March. Another crappy weekend coming again.

weather looking bad for atomic, and good for brownstown, but both could change. it's early.

goincircles
03-13-2017, 09:14 PM
What really stinks is Boggs has raced forever and he just cant get out of his own way most of the time.Last year at the Buckeye national he run into the wall by himself happens all the frickin time same at Eldora if he has a good start he crashes or blows up same (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) everytime the dude races so get over the hometown boy he just isn't very good

goincircles
03-13-2017, 09:17 PM
As much as I hate it I cant believe Atomic or Brownstown will race this weekend Ive cancelled my plans for both and am going to LaSalle the following week.I do hope I'm wrong but 41 of a high and 30 low probably not happening

chupp n bloomer fan
03-14-2017, 03:44 AM
What really stinks is Boggs has raced forever and he just cant get out of his own way most of the time.Last year at the Buckeye national he run into the wall by himself happens all the frickin time same at Eldora if he has a good start he crashes or blows up same (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) everytime the dude races so get over the hometown boy he just isn't very goodNot a Boggs fan whatsoever, but he is better than that. He can run well anywhere, just has reliability issues mainly. But he has double digit wins most years, so don't discount that. Just because I don't like someone, doesn't mean I don't know they are pretty good. Most people don't look at it that way, I do.

pink floyd
03-14-2017, 05:16 AM
Not a Boggs fan whatsoever, but he is better than that. He can run well anywhere, just has reliability issues mainly. But he has double digit wins most years, so don't discount that. Just because I don't like someone, doesn't mean I don't know they are pretty good. Most people don't look at it that way, I do.

good honest post

willardboy
03-14-2017, 09:12 AM
I'm not a fan of RJ or Rod Conley, but I do know that they are both very good racers and could win any night no matter where they show up at. Therefore I definitely respect them. I also know that Jackie Boggs is a lot better driver than some are saying. He does have his share of equipment troubles but who doesnt when you drive that hard. Hes hammer down and drives hard for the win every night out and I like that !!!! Its easy to sit behind a screen and criticize drivers on their style and the way they run.

Mud Packer
03-14-2017, 01:11 PM
Now I understand what too so long to get out of the parking lot. I know the drivers, crews and car owners are on a schedule but what about the fans. A three hour drive home became a 4 1/2 hour trip instead last year. The racing was great and I appreciate the tracks that work hard to provide quality entertainment. Since I have a better understanding of how the traffic flow goes, maybe this year will be better. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-14-2017, 05:01 PM
I'm not a fan of RJ or Rod Conley, but I do know that they are both very good racers and could win any night no matter where they show up at. Therefore I definitely respect them. I also know that Jackie Boggs is a lot better driver than some are saying. He does have his share of equipment troubles but who doesnt when you drive that hard. Hes hammer down and drives hard for the win every night out and I like that !!!! Its easy to sit behind a screen and criticize drivers on their style and the way they run.He is just dirty at times. That is my issue. Whether it's behind a keyboard or in the seat, driving the way he does at times is uncalled for. Plenty of drivers don't like his style either.

Clayton_Wetter
03-14-2017, 05:19 PM
weather looking bad for atomic, and good for brownstown, but both could change. it's early.

48 degrees and 10 to 20 MPH winds is enough to keep me in the house. I don't call that "looking good" at Brownstown. And Atomic looks like a rain out.

Saturday
03/18
48 | 30 °F
Saturday 10% Precip. / 0 in
Sunshine in the morning followed by cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 48F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday Night 10% Precip. / 0 in
Partly cloudy skies. Low around 30F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

rickybrown1952
03-14-2017, 05:27 PM
Just checked the weather hate to say it but looks like it MIGHT be canceled 70% chance of precipitation on friday and slight chance friday night I hope this doesn't happen wait and see I guess

pink floyd
03-14-2017, 05:38 PM
it's perfect clayton

pink floyd
03-14-2017, 05:39 PM
He is just dirty at times. That is my issue. Whether it's behind a keyboard or in the seat, driving the way he does at times is uncalled for. Plenty of drivers don't like his style either.

he's not dirty, he is aggressive.

Clayton_Wetter
03-14-2017, 06:34 PM
it's perfect clayton

For what though? People will stay home. You can be Macho Man and help a few hundred die hards if you wish.

If it's so perfect why do they close during the winter months? hahahahaha

zyoung25
03-14-2017, 06:42 PM
I understand trying to be positive, it's far from perfect. It might be a perfect day in the Arctic Circle, but not for racing.

I've sat through some chillers myself over the years, I won't be doing this one though.

pink floyd
03-14-2017, 07:02 PM
I've sat out in much colder weather. rose and I will be there. it's rain that keeps people away.

Clayton_Wetter
03-14-2017, 07:05 PM
Well in that case enjoy many more cold ones!!!! hahhahahahaaa

The colder the better too!!!

Bob Hubbard
03-15-2017, 06:44 AM
The weather looks better for now for Atomic than it does for Brownstown

TTS_JF
03-15-2017, 07:52 AM
The weather I'm seeing for Atomic looks like afternoon rain from 3-7

9kchas24
03-15-2017, 07:56 AM
Ditto TTS JF Weatherchannel: https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/USOH0184:1:US Friday Night not any better it seems...

Bob Hubbard
03-15-2017, 02:20 PM
I thought I saw 40% chance of rain ....My bad ...

Clayton_Wetter
03-15-2017, 07:33 PM
I've sat out in much colder weather. rose and I will be there. it's rain that keeps people away.

By all means, you be there. And get there early too!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

I guarantee it won't rain!!! :)

A very nice balmy 46 degrees just for you!!!!

pink floyd
03-15-2017, 07:54 PM
By all means, you be there. And get there early too!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

I guarantee it won't rain!!! :)

A very nice balmy 46 degrees just for you!!!!

9-22 it is, see ya there.