PDA

View Full Version : Whynot Motorsports Park (Meridian, MS) versus Magnolia Speedway (Columbus, MS)

2thextreme
03-25-2017, 04:27 AM
I am hoping to take in a race this year in the state of MS, where I've never been before. My question is this: Which of these tracks offer the most competitive racing (slicing/dicing and racing for positions on an open track, as opposed to a single lane, choo-choo track). I'm not so much into racing speeds as I am back and forth/competitive racing for positions, like what I read about last night at Whynot's WoO show, etc. So, would you recommend, the Clash at the Mag (LOLMDS) in Columbus, MS in June or taking in the 23rd Annual Coors Light Fall Classic at Meridian's Whynot Motorsports Park. I appreciate any insights into these tracks you can offer me. Thanks in advance.

B_K
03-25-2017, 06:57 AM
Both good, I'd go to the Mag.

Different styles at both places. Mag is usually slick (unless it rains, then dear lord). Gumbo surface almost guaranteed to be racy.

Can't say anything bad about Whynot either. It's nickname is "the house of hook" for a reason.

I'd take the Mag because of guaranteed field quality. Lucas sanction and $20k you know who you're going to see. Late season unsanctioned big races seem to get scheduled on top of lately.

Can't go wrong with either. Good folks at both.

One Man Gang
03-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Go to Magnolia

KBM18fan
03-25-2017, 01:15 PM
Go to them both!!!!!! You won't be let down at EITHER place. The racing will be great at each track.

racingfool32
03-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Can't go wrong with either track. We prefer Whynot Fall Classic.

2thextreme
04-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Thank you racingfool32...appreciate your input!

2thextreme
04-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Go to them both!!!!!! You won't be let down at EITHER place. The racing will be great at each track.Thank you, KBM18fan....greatly appreciated!

2thextreme
04-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Go to MagnoliaThanks, One Man Gang!

2thextreme
04-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Both good, I'd go to the Mag.Different styles at both places. Mag is usually slick (unless it rains, then dear lord). Gumbo surface almost guaranteed to be racy.Can't say anything bad about Whynot either. It's nickname is "the house of hook" for a reason.I'd take the Mag because of guaranteed field quality. Lucas sanction and $20k you know who you're going to see. Late season unsanctioned big races seem to get scheduled on top of lately.Can't go wrong with either. Good folks at both.Thank you, B_K! You made some very valid points. I guess one can never go wrong with the LOLMDS sanction.

a25rjr
04-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Both good, but a lot of drivers prefer the Mag! Some say its the best track in the country.

2thextreme
04-05-2017, 11:17 PM
Both good, but a lot of drivers prefer the Mag! Some say its the best track in the country.Wow! Thanks a25rjr...didn't realize the Mag had such a reputation. I subscribe to DoD and I need to go back and watch the LOLMDS race from last year and see how much of a "passing track" it is. For some reason, I've become dismayed by the lack of passing on these tracks here in TN. It's all in preparation of the track, I think, but on the other hand, there are tire rules that may be impacting the sport of DLM racing, too. I appreciate your input.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Thank you, B_K! You made some very valid points. I guess one can never go wrong with the LOLMDS sanction.

Sure you can. LOL. They have plenty of snoozer races.