PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dave Steele

a25rjr
03-25-2017, 10:04 PM
He was killed tonite in a sprint car crash at Desoto Speedway!

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

oldracer0
03-25-2017, 11:29 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the family Hate to hear this stuffAs a whole we are all dirt racers and hate to hear this in any division of our sport

MI Dirt Fan
03-25-2017, 11:33 PM
http://www.bradenton.com/sports/article140853113.html

smith19
03-26-2017, 01:20 AM
he did not flip. as stated in the article...

SFrancisFan15
03-26-2017, 04:48 AM
Prayers for the family

hoosier race fan
03-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Very similar accident to the one that took the life of Shane Unger at Eldora last year. Dave's car spun around and struck the wall on the left side, which on most sprint cars is unprotected unless there is a window net present. It is difficult to tell if the car was equipped with one that could have prevented the driver's helmet from striking the concrete wall. Very sad and my sympathy goes out to Dave's family and friends.

If you are a driver or care about one, make sure there is a window net present before taking the track. Two lives lost since last September that may have been saved with a $20 window net.

MI Dirt Fan
03-26-2017, 09:28 AM
Not sure if it would've matter but I heard no HANs no containment seat.

Cardirt0
03-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Not sure if it would've matter but I heard no HANs no containment seat.

It would have .. Some of the old time drivers don't like them, but his chances would have gone up 90% if he did..RIP

chupp n bloomer fan
03-26-2017, 10:25 AM
I dunno how to express what I'm thinking with this one. He was dam good. He died doing what he loved to do. Good or bad, his family was there watching. He was going for win 100 just in the state of Florida. But, he left behind a wife, and three kids. So I just don't know. If he had no containment seat or HANS, which I'm not wanting to speculate till it's proven one way or the other, that's just crazy. Anything that can improve your chances in head on or side impact crashes and restrict your movement in a crash, you should be all in on.

RIP Dave and I really feel bad for his family.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-26-2017, 10:26 AM
HANS only works in straight ahead impact, not a side impact. Window net or FC seat can help in side impacts, Dave's crash was a side impact. Scanning most of his pictures I see an FC seat in most all of them, but I have no confirmation on whether he had one or not last night. It wasn't even a particularly hard impact either. Too many people think these devices are a guarantee or are suitable for every situation, they are not. Cramming an FC into a late model can turn it into a death trap, literally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cag2lYKH14E

Shane Unger died from internal injuries, NOT head or spinal/neck trauma.Didn't click on the link, but is it of Unger or Steeles crash?

CrankedUp90
03-26-2017, 10:40 AM
Didn't click on the link, but is it of Unger or Steeles crash?

No, its of Steele's. Did not look bad at all, but those are usually the worst.. Sad deal

Cardirt0
03-26-2017, 11:39 AM
HANS only works in straight ahead impact, not a side impact. Window net or FC seat can help in side impacts, Dave's crash was a side impact. Scanning most of his pictures I see an FC seat in most all of them, but I have no confirmation on whether he had one or not last night. It wasn't even a particularly hard impact either. Too many people think these devices are a guarantee or are suitable for every situation, they are not. Cramming an FC into a late model can turn it into a death trap, literally.

Shane Unger died from internal injuries, NOT head or spinal/neck trauma.

It was not just the one it was that he should of had both and the seat would have made a Big change he made it ... RIP

WisWildManFan
03-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Reminded me of dale sr. Crash as far as it did not really look that bad.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-26-2017, 11:46 AM

Shane Unger died from internal injuries, NOT head or spinal/neck trauma.So, a guy uses some catch phrases with Gods name and you have an issue with that, but posting a video where you know a guy died, that's ok? Whatever floats your boat.

a25rjr
03-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Reminded me of dale sr. Crash as far as it did not really look that bad.

I thought the same thing. You just never know!

Crashmagnet
03-26-2017, 03:15 PM
Generally speaking, in my opinion, the technology that makes cars faster is advancing quicker than the technology that makes drivers safer. Race cars need to be slower. I don't care how fast they're going, I want close side by side racing.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-26-2017, 08:08 PM
Generally speaking, in my opinion, the technology that makes cars faster is advancing quicker than the technology that makes drivers safer. Race cars need to be slower. I don't care how fast they're going, I want close side by side racing.And you have to know how to use and use whatever safety measures are available to you. Speaking in general terms, not individually.

LeafMaster41
03-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Nice Tribute video to Dave Steele. Again Thoughts and prayers to his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1BrF0gSfR8