PDA

View Full Version : Mansfield

non driving fool
03-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Anybody go to the opener at Mansfield? I thought about it but a long drive and I'm not crazy about the no cooler rule so I passed.

HoosierDirtFan
03-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Anybody go to the opener at Mansfield? I thought about it but a long drive and I'm not crazy about the no cooler rule so I passed.

Seen some video as someone was doing a Facebook Live feed from the stands and it looks like the track could have some good racing when they get the track prep figured out. the 410 Wing Sprint Feature looked like they started all 27/28 cars and had cars all over the track. Racing looked to be good in all 3 divisions.

JK4745
03-26-2017, 05:55 PM
I went and the track early in the evening was dusty and dry. They took the time graded and watered it and it came around. The racing was pretty good. Non wing feature was by far the best race of the night. 410's put on a good show also. The late models didn't fare as well with the rough spots in the track. Rusty ran through the rough and the Rayburn handled it pretty well and picked up the win. Noonan ran just a tick higher than Rusty and avoided the ruts but came up a little short. The facility is top notch. They'll get the track conditions down the more they run and the delays will be fewer also. Can't wait til next week looking forward to going back. The crowd was very large.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-26-2017, 08:10 PM
I went and the track early in the evening was dusty and dry. They took the time graded and watered it and it came around. The racing was pretty good. Non wing feature was by far the best race of the night. 410's put on a good show also. The late models didn't fare as well with the rough spots in the track. Rusty ran through the rough and the Rayburn handled it pretty well and picked up the win. Noonan ran just a tick higher than Rusty and avoided the ruts but came up a little short. The facility is top notch. They'll get the track conditions down the more they run and the delays will be fewer also. Can't wait til next week looking forward to going back. The crowd was very large.Good to hear. I hope it's successful, because a facility of that caliber shouldn't go to waste, be torn down.

TS FAN
03-26-2017, 08:13 PM
It was a bouncing ride for LM boys. Not a bad race.

GEAR_HEAD
03-26-2017, 09:18 PM
I hope that Carl tries to work something out with Cody to move the DTWC there. There is no better facility in a better location to hold the DTWC. The racing was pretty good last night, but once they get the kinks worked out the racing will be much better at Mansfield too.

WisWildManFan
03-27-2017, 02:28 PM
After watching video of that race they should run trophy trucks instead of late models that was one rough track.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-27-2017, 02:32 PM
I hope that Carl tries to work something out with Cody to move the DTWC there. There is no better facility in a better location to hold the DTWC. The racing was pretty good last night, but once they get the kinks worked out the racing will be much better at Mansfield too.

I would pump the brakes quite a bit. The track is shaped a bit odd for a dirt track and that surface was God awful and may be all season.

GEAR_HEAD
03-27-2017, 05:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with the shape and the surface will only get better.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-27-2017, 07:50 PM
There's nothing wrong with the shape and the surface will only get better.

It can't get worse.

SFrancisFan15
03-28-2017, 06:01 AM
Just glad to see another Dirt track open back up.

GEAR_HEAD
03-28-2017, 11:17 AM
It can't get worse.

I've seen a lot worse than that!