PDA

View Full Version : Davenport progress with BWRC?

SHOE32
03-27-2017, 06:33 PM
Still early,but doesn't seem they have found any speed yet. What does everyone else think?

In The Gas
03-27-2017, 07:25 PM
Running about where I expected, top 5's. BW's have not had the speed for the past few years to win consistently and I don't expect JD will be any different than O'Neal was the past two years.

TackyTracker
03-27-2017, 08:01 PM
still early for me..

dalemcfan
03-27-2017, 08:36 PM
I know they got about three Chevy engines and one Ford engine from Hatfield. Does anyone know if they have run the Ford any? No one else I know that runs a Hatfield so hard to know where they are off a little. Wish they could drop a Clements or Durham in for comparision.

Escobar
03-27-2017, 08:37 PM
Running about where I expected, top 5's. BW's have not had the speed for the past few years to win consistently and I don't expect JD will be any different than O'Neal was the past two years.

I expect JD to continue to run about like this. In this car, I just can't see him doing any better unless they leverage some outside help. At the top level, you won't get any faster unless you have mechanical engineering to help develop your car.

I love Barry to death, but I can't see him investing in mechanical engineers to make his cars faster at the top level. It's no secret that Barry is frugal with his money and uses everyone else's to go race.

It's a Longhorn/XR1 dirt oval world right now. Both of those companies have put a tremendous amount of $$ and time into their cars so they will be successful. The one situation I'll be watching is the Club 29/Bowyer arrangement if Rumley is employed there full-time.

Now that all of the series have the rule about the LR suspension attachment, you won't see Pierce running nearly as strong as he did last year.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-27-2017, 08:53 PM
I know they got about three Chevy engines and one Ford engine from Hatfield. Does anyone know if they have run the Ford any? No one else I know that runs a Hatfield so hard to know where they are off a little. Wish they could drop a Clements or Durham in for comparision.

I think they have but can not conferm 100%

champion24
03-27-2017, 09:45 PM
Was told the car he had at Senoia wasn't the "house car" We'll see how this combination plays out by the summer!

hucktyson
03-28-2017, 05:33 AM
" Escobar " always paints himself as this wizard of smart who knows everything there is to know about high level late model racing ... Have you ever looked at Bobby pierces car ?? That car that won the world looked to have about 80 races on it. Powder coating and anodizing worn off everything , rust on bolts and not 1 thing different than any other pierce car except Bobby is the only guy in a Pierce who's one of the top 3 drivers in the world . There's no magic , no secret , nothing illegal just an elite world class wheel man and bobs old
School race track know how.

Highside Hustler25
03-28-2017, 06:10 AM
Now that all of the series have the rule about the LR suspension attachment, you won't see Pierce running nearly as strong as he did last year.

We'll just save this non factual dribble to laugh at come the end of the year.

Still butthurt over that N/S slidejob:Dlmao

dirtcrazy4u
03-28-2017, 12:33 PM
I have to agree with what huck is saying. A lot of guys have 1 off cars for the big E or bring out a new car and motor combo for 1 race track. Bobbie Pierce brings a car that has laps on it, no one can deny that, and no one can deny that the kid gets up on the wheel at EARL'S HOUSE. He is fun to watch race there, I've seen him all over the grooves hammering thru the corner. If anyone on here thinks that kid can't get it done at eldora then you just don't know what your talking about and you must have a dislike for him. He gives me the opportunity to see a good race, that's all I care about. Be it him or Owens or O'Neal I just want to see a guy beat eldora into submission. FYI, Eldora usually wins...

manwplan
03-28-2017, 12:38 PM
" Escobar " always paints himself as this wizard of smart who knows everything there is to know about high level late model racing ... Have you ever looked at Bobby pierces car ?? That car that won the world looked to have about 80 races on it. Powder coating and anodizing worn off everything , rust on bolts and not 1 thing different than any other pierce car except Bobby is the only guy in a Pierce who's one of the top 3 drivers in the world . There's no magic , no secret , nothing illegal just an elite world class wheel man and bobs old
School race track know how.

Only because Bobby is a talented wheel man. Just ask Mason how the Pierce car is.

#FALSuperman
03-28-2017, 12:42 PM
The JD thread turned into the Pierce thread, lol...I think any of us that have common sense, can admit that Bobby can race. I'm not for or against the kid, but he's good. I'd like to know more on what everyone else feels about JD and BWRC combo. I know it's been a frustrating start to the season for this team. They could really use a good showing this weekend with Lucas Series.

W2Racing09
03-28-2017, 12:51 PM
There is so much hate for Bobby Pierce I can't understand it. Its crazy to think of where he might be if he was able to play the musical chassis like everyone else does to find speed for a few months. He has stuck with Pierce when it wasn't great, and obviously when its doing well. At no point in the past few years has their really been anyone else running well in them. Got to respect guys like that who can go out and out drive people in a car this is not the current flavor of the month (McDowell when he was running Warrior was another example).

Thanks,
Jeff.

dirtcrazy4u
03-28-2017, 12:56 PM
It's early. The problem I see is Barry not spending as others do. By spending I also mean changing things up on the car. That alone requires time and testing. I no rocket gets on track to do testing, I have been told longhorn does. Most just wait on what others say and it gets passed on from there. Everyone saw Mark get pissie and moved the guy along. When Gregg Saterlee's car got in that b main crash and the whole rear was there for everyone to see, and people were looking, the 1 car was almost directly across from him. Mark saw it, if that was the same as his car don't you think he would have walked the 100' and told them to cover it ??? Rocket probably tests more than any builder out there, that's why he builds more cars than anyone too. Barry is not going to do that. Maybe with the time off they did make a change, time will tell, again it's still early.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-28-2017, 02:36 PM
We'll just save this non factual dribble to laugh at come the end of the year.

Still butthurt over that N/S slidejob:DlmaoAnd if that was Feger he pulled that so called slide job on you'd still be pi$$y too. Amazing how it depends on who it as to whether it's a "good" slide job or not. By no ones standards was that a good slide job. Well, it is if you don't like someone, if it's your driver then it's a sh!tty one. Everyone loves them moves till that person pulls it on their favorite driver. Well, some of you do. I think they are sh!t moves. If you can't pass a guy without making him take evasive action, then don't do it. Unless they were playing games with you.

And when Bobby gets his, better be no b!tching. I like him, and picked him in this weeks poll, but I'm not going to sugarcoat sh!tty moves by him or anyone else.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-28-2017, 02:41 PM
There is so much hate for Bobby Pierce I can't understand it. Its crazy to think of where he might be if he was able to play the musical chassis like everyone else does to find speed for a few months. He has stuck with Pierce when it wasn't great, and obviously when its doing well. At no point in the past few years has their really been anyone else running well in them. Got to respect guys like that who can go out and out drive people in a car this is not the current flavor of the month (McDowell when he was running Warrior was another example).

Thanks,
Jeff.Bobby races for his Dad, and McDowell's Warriors weren't regular Warriors.

Bobby I suppose is a lightening rod, like Bloomer and Richards. Why, maybe attitude, maybe driving, silver spoon dunno, depends. I look at them all as talented and is what it is. Call them all out for their faults and positives.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-28-2017, 02:43 PM
I think JD and Barry will be fine. But only if their results improve, if not, then I don't see it lasting. Wish them both the best of luck either way.

zach51
03-28-2017, 03:09 PM
I think JD and Barry will be fine. But only if their results improve, if not, then I don't see it lasting. Wish them both the best of luck either way.

That is the best fence riding I've seen in a long time lol. You are exactly right. They will do fine, unless they don't.

Illtsate32
03-28-2017, 03:50 PM
Bobby has gotten his the Herald a few years ago Babb stuffed him....And Im a JD fan but the old eye test you could see the speed and confidence in the 6 car...not seeing either right now...

Slideways
03-28-2017, 04:49 PM
JD and BW had a good bit of success together a few years ago, and I'd like to see that happen again.

I guess time will tell.

SHOE32
03-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Yeah,you can really see how bloomquist and Richards cars shoot off from the middle of the corners onto the straightaway. Seems like Davenport has to wait longer to hook up in the middle off. Just not sure if the chassis has it in it. Owens couldn't get it to work but the XR1 he got has worked right away. Don't know but can't see JD waiting till mid season to switch.

DoubleZero
03-29-2017, 07:18 AM
Why did the Rumley #6 team disband? At the time, they were the Longhorn house-car. Did Mr. LeRoy retire? Seems another engine supplier could have been found. The team had that difficult-to-replace chemistry, and confidence, kind like Gordon and Evernham. They were greater than the sum of the parts, but never as good separated.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-29-2017, 08:06 AM
Why did the Rumley #6 team disband? At the time, they were the Longhorn house-car. Did Mr. LeRoy retire? Seems another engine supplier could have been found. The team had that difficult-to-replace chemistry, and confidence, kind like Gordon and Evernham. They were greater than the sum of the parts, but never as good separated.

I think the chemistry was totally shot by the end of 2016. Pretty obvious if you read between the lines. Also, Kevin was paying himself peanuts. A talented engineer isn't going to work for $30k forever.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-29-2017, 08:55 AM
Bobby has gotten his the Herald a few years ago Babb stuffed him....And Im a JD fan but the old eye test you could see the speed and confidence in the 6 car...not seeing either right now...You're correct. Can't remember where it was that Babb got roughed up by Bobby, but he sent the message back to Bobby as it should be. And don't get anyone else involved who wasn't part of the altercation. Settle it between just you two.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-29-2017, 08:59 AM
I think the chemistry was totally shot by the end of 2016. Pretty obvious if you read between the lines. Also, Kevin was paying himself peanuts. A talented engineer isn't going to work for $30k forever.Definitely. Chemistry was toast. They weren't running like they were, and their chemistry was gone. Been stated a million times the rules got them, and they could never seem to overcome that. Then they changed the weight on the rear end for this year, so we shall see. The XR1's are fast, we know that.

Yeah, the money a guy with Kevin's talent and knowledge can make, $$$$$.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-29-2017, 09:07 AM
Definitely. Chemistry was toast. They weren't running like they were, and their chemistry was gone. Been stated a million times the rules got them, and they could never seem to overcome that. Then they changed the weight on the rear end for this year, so we shall see. The XR1's are fast, we know that.

They left a lot of room for weight still. And I am fairly certain things have been missed.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-29-2017, 09:18 AM
They left a lot of room for weight still. And I am fairly certain things have been missed.Copy. Wasn't sure how much they changed it. And they'll always miss something.

Twist'EM Up
03-29-2017, 07:16 PM
Jd's a hell of a wheelman!! At the end of the day cars r just bars....and i'd b willing to bet he brought a few ideas.. Think he will b at vms? Think the rain gonna get us again ??

LeafMaster41
03-29-2017, 09:40 PM
Well this is NEW design car, not what O'neal ran and if memory serves me O'neal won the Lucas title in the BWRC and has actually been slower in C29, just quicker than Lanigan.

I expect JD to continue to run about like this. In this car, I just can't see him doing any better unless they leverage some outside help. At the top level, you won't get any faster unless you have mechanical engineering to help develop your car.

I love Barry to death, but I can't see him investing in mechanical engineers to make his cars faster at the top level. It's no secret that Barry is frugal with his money and uses everyone else's to go race.

It's a Longhorn/XR1 dirt oval world right now. Both of those companies have put a tremendous amount of $$ and time into their cars so they will be successful. The one situation I'll be watching is the Club 29/Bowyer arrangement if Rumley is employed there full-time.

Barry has used engineers in the past, matter of fact the frontend design utilized by JD the last time he drove for Barry was designed by an outside engineer.

LeafMaster41
03-29-2017, 09:43 PM
...Owens couldn't get it to work but the XR1 he got has worked right away. Don't know but can't see JD waiting till mid season to switch.

The XR1 did NOT work right away, that's just shinnston BS propaganda. Go back to N/S when he debuted, he struggled from then on, his last crown jewel win was the Show Me in the BWRC.

Kwd1253
03-29-2017, 09:51 PM
Definitely. Chemistry was toast. They weren't running like they were, and their chemistry was gone. Been stated a million times the rules got them, and they could never seem to overcome that. Then they changed the weight on the rear end for this year, so we shall see. The XR1's are fast, we know that.

Well think the team was getting aggravated with tech all over them. Don't think they was ready for that. Not many teams can deal with tech like that. Scott is one of the few because he so use to being watched all the time. That puts alot pressure on the team. But I think jd is doing better behind the BW than jimmy did.

LeafMaster41
03-30-2017, 09:12 AM
Well think the team was getting aggravated with tech all over them. Don't think they was ready for that. Not many teams can deal with tech like that. Scott is one of the few because he so use to being watched all the time. That puts alot pressure on the team. But I think jd is doing better behind the BW than jimmy did.

Jimmy had engine issues, not chassis troubles. Go back and watch the videos from that season, constantly falling out with part failures.

nuff said
03-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Not that it matters but he is 3rd in Lucas points.Not too bad all things considered.

jog49
04-01-2017, 01:03 AM
Variable in the Wright camp might be the engines. Know very little about Hatfield engines. I know the McCoys wouldn't like them.

huskerdirt
04-01-2017, 02:27 AM
Variable in the Wright camp might be the engines. Know very little about Hatfield engines. I know the McCoys wouldn't like them.

Hatfields are a lot like GRTs. Decent at one time, but there is a reason nobody runs them anymore. I got a good laugh out of the press release when they announced the pairing.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-01-2017, 04:32 AM
The XR1 did NOT work right away, that's just shinnston BS propaganda. Go back to N/S when he debuted, he struggled from then on, his last crown jewel win was the Show Me in the BWRC.Not sure how that's Shinnston propaganda, Mark himself said when they brought them out, that they were testing, working out kinks, etc. Just like every other manufacturer.

Hoosier_Dirt
04-01-2017, 06:26 AM
Engines seem ok, just not enough drive off of corners.

#FALSuperman
04-01-2017, 06:31 AM
I will say, JD had a good car last night. Looked good in heat and even when he got tangled with bloomer and eventually had to go to the back of pack at lap 20, he made up some good ground. 13 positions in 30 laps. The biggest thing right now (besides what engine they're running) is catching a break and getting into victory lane. The team needs some confidence. We all know Davenport can wheel with the best of them. Now it's just a matter of whether or not this team is going to put him in the best position night and night out, to allow JD a chance at winning some of these races.

#FALSuperman
04-01-2017, 06:34 AM
Engines seem ok, just not enough drive off of corners.True enough. He's battling the car, no doubt.

MI Dirt Fan
04-01-2017, 08:12 AM
Davenport posted on Twitter they have decided to go to EAMS tonight

#FALSuperman
04-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Davenport posted on Twitter they have decided to go to EAMS tonightCorrect...I spoke to him about it 2 hours ago, and he seemed to be entertaining the thought, then he posted. It's a Lucas Racing Series TV race tonight, too,

MidTnDirtFan
04-02-2017, 08:16 AM
I wonder if he will Race at Duck River Sunday night? That track usually has a nice line around the top which I think would fit his driving style.

LeafMaster41
04-02-2017, 08:47 AM
I wonder if he will Race at Duck River Sunday night? That track usually has a nice line around the top which I think would fit his driving style.

It's on his schedule.
http://jonathandavenport.net/49_tour.html