PDA

View Full Version : iRacing Initial Impressions?

Wells Racing Photos
03-30-2017, 08:06 AM
For those of you have the #DirtConfirmed on iRacing what is your initial impressions of the sim? Personally I suck at it, but think they have done a fantastic job so far. The damage is a little over the top for the late models, but that is something that can be fixed. I also can't wait until they get a few more tracks to choose from.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-30-2017, 08:20 AM
For those of you have the #DirtConfirmed on iRacing what is your initial impressions of the sim? Personally I suck at it, but think they have done a fantastic job so far. The damage is a little over the top for the late models, but that is something that can be fixed. I also can't wait until they get a few more tracks to choose from.Yeah. Smaller tracks. Haven't bought into it yet, but I will eventually. Gotta donate some cash to Logitech and get a new wheel.

Lumpster1J
03-30-2017, 09:47 AM
I haven't been a huge fan of IRacing in the past, but they have done a great job on this. It is not perfect by any stretch, but it has exceeded my expectations for the initial release by a considerable margin.

Highly detailed car and track models, with very detailed car specific set up menus where the cars respond as they should to changes. The tracks look fantastic and evolve with the racing as they should as well. I haven't even raced anyone yet. I have just been testing cars and playing with set ups and I am having a ball with it.

I wish there were AI cars with IRacing, as I am generally not a fan of their format for racing. I don't have the time to devote to sitting around waiting for the races to develop and would much rather be able to jump right in and race at my leisure, but it is what it is.

Bravo IRacing for giving us what we in this community have been longing for for quite some time!!! Keep the content coming!

WisWildManFan
03-30-2017, 12:03 PM
The little testing I did with terrible graphics and I bad wheel it felt like a lot of fun. Better than rfactor

Bob Hubbard
03-30-2017, 06:23 PM
Years ago I ran a league for the nascar 03 game .... IMO... I-racing ruined the way people got together and had fun racing/gaming online .... Mostly because of the private servers we use to run .... I had alot of fun with meeting and racing with people all over the states ... The most fun was working on setups all week fine tuning for the league race ... I think online racing was a blast ... The Graphics were great on Iracing & im sure what ever needs tweaking will get done ... I also remember the game dying off in the summer months and coming alive during the winter ... I doubt if I would ever race for money but I can see why others like it .... Who knows ...Maybe if I had the JD/Bloomer race setup I just might have to think hard about it ....

champion24
03-31-2017, 11:45 AM
Looking forward to trying it out. The Champions don't have a "real" computer, and some idiot spends too much $$ going to races to afford one! Maybe one of you will help a buddy out. I'll bring chips and dip to sweeten the deal! Wonder how many of us don't have the ability to use Iracing?

reid boys
03-31-2017, 12:10 PM
The game is pretty cool. After watching a while does groove change for every race or is it the same? Like if a group of cars goes out a everyone runs the top will the top slick off first or will the bottom start first? Hope that make sense. Lol

chupp n bloomer fan
03-31-2017, 12:13 PM
The game is pretty cool. After watching a while does groove change for every race or is it the same? Like if a group of cars goes out a everyone runs the top will the top slick off first or will the bottom start first? Hope that make sense. LolBest way to answer that is according to the developers, it'll start heavy and towards bottom I think they said. Then just keep widening out to a nice track. Oh, and by the third heat, take rubber and be one lane;).

Tireguy17
03-31-2017, 12:31 PM
Don't have a desktop computer or wheel setup. I'll stick to Dirt Trackin on my Iphone.

a25rjr
03-31-2017, 12:38 PM
Whats the best steering wheel and pedal setup?

00Hdmn
03-31-2017, 01:01 PM
Do any of you guys know if I can use my Keyboard to test the game to make sure my computer can handle the game before I go and buy a 400.00 steering wheel? Thanks In Advance

Bob Hubbard
03-31-2017, 01:15 PM
They have them on ebay $ 249 .........http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G29-Driving-Force-Race-Wheel-for-PS4-PS3-PC-941-000110-/112029640570?hash=item1a157ca77a:g:6BsAAOSwepJXYsP q

00Hdmn
03-31-2017, 01:18 PM
They have them on ebay $ 249 .........http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G29-Driving-Force-Race-Wheel-for-PS4-PS3-PC-941-000110-/112029640570?hash=item1a157ca77a:g:6BsAAOSwepJXYsP q

I figured if I was going to buy one I might as well buy a new one so its not ragged out in any way, thanks for the link. DO you know if I can test my computer by using the keyboard?

Bob Hubbard
03-31-2017, 01:59 PM
Right click on you widows icon and look in your system ..... I just looked at mine and it says I-5 with 8 megs of ram .... So im good so farr ( They require at least an I-3 or better ....Next you look in your device manager and see what video card you have installed ....Mine says G-force 8800 .... Im good .... You need 4200 or better according to Iracing ....

Bob Hubbard
03-31-2017, 02:09 PM
You can also run a speedtest ....Mine is 44 down - 9.5 up .... I have very good internet

153J
03-31-2017, 02:14 PM
try this

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/Client/Standard/?apikey=dec37c7f-8819-45d4-94f2-f33cf0956712&refid=1184&item=10851

its the test that iracing sent me when i emailed them to ask if my comp specs were ok

Bob Hubbard
03-31-2017, 02:25 PM
Thats nice .... It showed my video card failed Though ....

chupp n bloomer fan
03-31-2017, 02:26 PM
I figured if I was going to buy one I might as well buy a new one so its not ragged out in any way, thanks for the link. DO you know if I can test my computer by using the keyboard?$249 for a G29. Jeez. Better be next to new. New ones are $275 on Amazon. Exact wheel I'm buying whenever I decide to bite on the game.

Bob Hubbard
03-31-2017, 02:46 PM
Your correct ... The 275 on amazon is new over reconditioned ... https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Driving-Force-Racing-PlayStation/dp/B00Z0UWWYC

WisWildManFan
03-31-2017, 02:52 PM
I'm going to get a g920.

00Hdmn
03-31-2017, 03:44 PM
Right click on you widows icon and look in your system ..... I just looked at mine and it says I-5 with 8 megs of ram .... So im good so farr ( They require at least an I-3 or better ....Next you look in your device manager and see what video card you have installed ....Mine says G-force 8800 .... Im good .... You need 4200 or better according to Iracing ....

Ok I looked in my system and I have 8 Megs of ram so i am good there and i have an I-3 processor so i am good there but i cant find what video card it has?

a25rjr
03-31-2017, 03:57 PM
Looks like Im gonna need a new computer! How can a 2 yr old computer be this outdated? smh

Bob Hubbard
03-31-2017, 04:20 PM
Ok I looked in my system and I have 8 Megs of ram so i am good there and i have an I-3 processor so i am good there but i cant find what video card it has?

Did you run this test ? http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/Client/Standard/?apikey=dec37c7f-8819-45d4-94f2-f33cf0956712&refid=1184&item=10851

chupp n bloomer fan
03-31-2017, 05:19 PM
I'm going to get a g920.The 29 and 920 have the same guts in the wheel. The 29 is PlayStation/PC, the 920 is XBox/PC. I like the 29 better because of the shift light indicator, the look of it, and it's at least $25 cheaper. Only other thing I read is a little more rotation of the wheel in the 920. It also has a stiffer brake pedal, that users and reviewers of the wheel didn't like.

Illtsate32
03-31-2017, 07:17 PM
Whats a video card guys? Im not real tech savy...does all desktop computers have them? And how do you get the iracing game on your computer? Do you buy it and download it from somewhere? I dont want to buy a new desktop just for iracing I hope I can find one used that will work...

WisWildManFan
03-31-2017, 08:30 PM
Pretty sure to get this game to look and act like what you have been seeing on youtube you're going to need more than a standard computer. I can run iracing with computer I have but I have to have the graphics set to where they look like something out of the late 90s. Also if anyone knows how to fix a g27 FFB dead zone I have a wheel and pedals for sale for $100. PM me.

Bob Hubbard
03-31-2017, 09:24 PM
Google - g27 racing wheel dead zone

Bob Hubbard
04-01-2017, 07:02 AM
From some of what ive read on the g27 wheel the problem your having maybe cause or the design .... You have to remember your playing a game with electronics ... I personally dont like the feel of force feed back .... I tweaked my game so that the wheel just had some resistance .... What works for you may be different ... Its a game and your tweaking the settings to get the feel you like ...

WisWildManFan
04-01-2017, 10:02 AM
There is a plastic gear that wears out or cracks. I bought it used for $200 last year with a wheel stand pro. The stand goes for about $180 and will fit a g920. Wheel worked fine on asphalt iracing because you were rarely counter steering. I did think it was weird how there was no FFB about 30 degrees each direction from dead center but guess I didn't know any better.

00Hdmn
04-01-2017, 11:14 AM
Did you run this test ? http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/Client/Standard/?apikey=dec37c7f-8819-45d4-94f2-f33cf0956712&refid=1184&item=10851

Ok I found out that my video card is HD2400 which I can play the game with out Any glitches but the quality isn't what it could be so I am going to have to upgrade that to get full potential out of it, I ordered a G29 and it will be here Monday but hooked up a PS4 controller to it just to try it out and all I can say is wow, it's going to be fun once I get the wheel. Controller is very difficult to set up and to have any touch with. Thanks for all you help and advice I appreciate it.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-01-2017, 11:56 AM
Whats a video card guys? Im not real tech savy...does all desktop computers have them? And how do you get the iracing game on your computer? Do you buy it and download it from somewhere? I dont want to buy a new desktop just for iracing I hope I can find one used that will work...Your video card is what processes the graphics and lets you get the full potential outta the game. It is inside your computer. NVidia and ATI Radeon are the two main ones. I've always used NVidia. You can have the best video card out there, but if your computer doesn't have the memory and speed to process it, you're SOL. They are easy to change. I've done I think two cards and RAM. Very simple. But the actual guts of a computer, no, I have not. If your computer is pretty old, like 3+, probably even less, mines a Dell XPS 8700, and even it is probably mid range. And no, I'm not buying a computer at this time just for a game.

iRacing is membership based. Right now it's under $70 a year, and you gotta buy the tracks and cars. You buy the membership, you get the game, like 14 tracks, and 13 cars, or flip flop them two. But, unless I'm wrong, to do the dirt, you gotta buy it all. You get a discount if you buy certain amounts. And they are one time purchases. I'm guessing about $200 right now to get started just for the game. Not including wheel or comp stuff.

WisWildManFan
04-01-2017, 02:39 PM
U can get Lakeland fl USA speedway dirt free without buying it and also dirt street stock and dirt legend is free.

00Hdmn
04-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Do any of you run a Geforce GT730 2GB 128 bit video card?

Finnfan
04-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned these wheels and shifters...
https://www.thomas-superwheel.com/

Bob Hubbard
04-01-2017, 04:18 PM
I remember them being called TSW wheels ... Id have to google them to recall anything else

chupp n bloomer fan
04-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned these wheels and shifters...
https://www.thomas-superwheel.com/At that price, I'll pass.

Bob Hubbard
04-02-2017, 04:46 AM
Made in the USA .... One of the guys who raced with us had one .... He talked about how smooth it was .... Plus ... He could customize it ....Change wheels to smaller or larger ....add buttons ....Repairing it was the Biggest thing ... He could buy parts and fix it himself .... The junk we buy from china gets tossed into the trash when it doesnt work .... Not in my budget but prolly the Best Wheel made ... Oh yea and NO force feed back on them ...

chupp n bloomer fan
04-02-2017, 06:41 AM
Made in the USA .... One of the guys who raced with us had one .... He talked about how smooth it was .... Plus ... He could customize it ....Change wheels to smaller or larger ....add buttons ....Repairing it was the Biggest thing ... He could buy parts and fix it himself .... The junk we buy from china gets tossed into the trash when it doesnt work .... Not in my budget but prolly the Best Wheel made ... Oh yea and NO force feed back on them ...You can adjust the feedback, which I like some, not 100%. And I had a Logitech Momo wheel I paid $100 or so for that was great and took loads of abuse. If I get a new Logitech and it's a turd, possibly I'd look at them, for all the reasons you mentioned.

WisWildManFan
04-18-2017, 01:35 PM
Finally got this going with a new computer and wheel... What a blast! Every car drives so different. Thumbs up!

Clayton_Wetter
04-18-2017, 02:45 PM
try this

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/Client/Standard/?apikey=dec37c7f-8819-45d4-94f2-f33cf0956712&refid=1184&item=10851

its the test that iracing sent me when i emailed them to ask if my comp specs were ok

Running that check can be harmful to your computer.

Bob Hubbard
04-18-2017, 06:40 PM
Running that check can be harmful to your computer..... Why is that ?

SFrancisFan15
04-18-2017, 07:27 PM
Before downloading it said could be harmful but my Norton said it was safe to download. No issues

CarolinaDirt
04-20-2017, 08:47 PM
They just scanned Knoxville Iowa and they are adding 360 and 410 non winged sprints Monday. I am absolutely loving the dirt content so far.

dust1905
04-21-2017, 10:40 AM
It its a blast I've had it for a little over a week. Yes the groove will change over a race period, its random. Sometimes you will start in practice on a wet track then it will progress out through qualifying and the race. And sometimes you will get into practice and it will be slicked over and will only get more slick/rubbered up as the quals, races go on. I'm running a logitech G920 only because I also own a xbox one and it is compatible for both, very nice wheel/pedal set.I have a EVGA geforce 650 video card 1gb memory and my fps doesn't go below 841. 2gb of ram, AMD fx4300 quad core processor, everything runs just fine with that setup.

WisWildManFan
04-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Sounds like ump mods are in the works as well. I bet the non wingers will be a lot of fun to drive

Bob Hubbard
04-21-2017, 01:27 PM
Thats good news .... Im thinking about upgrading my pc before next winter...

Clayton_Wetter
04-21-2017, 02:30 PM
.... Why is that ?

Just relaying the message I got before downloading. Didn't take the time check it out any further.

CarolinaDirt
04-22-2017, 09:56 AM
Thats good news .... Im thinking about upgrading my pc before next winter...

Best thing I did was throw a MSI Radeon RX 480 gpu at mine great upgrade, its nice running everything on max. I found a deal on Amazon and got the 480 for $169 this winter. Black friday is when you want to buy and can find the best deals.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-22-2017, 10:06 AM
Best thing I did was throw a MSI Radeon RX 480 gpu at mine great upgrade, its nice running everything on max. I found a deal on Amazon and got the 480 for $169 this winter. Black friday is when you want to buy and can find the best deals.Yeah. I'll add, make sure your comp is up to snuff that it's worthwhile to buy a card. An old computer with just a video card upgrade isn't very good. Not sure on your comp, guessing pretty new, and like most, they put an average card in most of them. Where I'm at, got an NVidia GTX I think 645. Which is middle of the road. Radeon and NVidia are the two I'd pick. What wheel you use?

If I do the iRacing, be the G29 wheel, see how my stock XPS 8700 does, and go from there. Looks amazing, glad y'all approve, makes me want to get it more and more.

03fan
04-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Looks like Im gonna need a new computer! How can a 2 yr old computer be this outdated? smh

iRacing takes a strong computer to run it properly. If you didn't spend $700+ 2 years ago then you'll be struggling to run the game at anything other than potatoe settings.

Just because it's 2 years old doesn't mean anything. A 2017 GRT late model is outdated before it's even at a racetrack.

To run anything decent you'll want an i5 at minimum and a decent $150+ graphics card.

CarolinaDirt
04-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Yeah. I'll add, make sure your comp is up to snuff that it's worthwhile to buy a card. An old computer with just a video card upgrade isn't very good. Not sure on your comp, guessing pretty new, and like most, they put an average card in most of them. Where I'm at, got an NVidia GTX I think 645. Which is middle of the road. Radeon and NVidia are the two I'd pick. What wheel you use?

If I do the iRacing, be the G29 wheel, see how my stock XPS 8700 does, and go from there. Looks amazing, glad y'all approve, makes me want to get it more and more.

I agree with that , I took for granted we were working with a built pc when he said upgrades. I built my gaming pc myself 5 years ago and its nice to just be able to upgrade the pieces you need instead of having to buy a whole new pc when it becomes outdated.

As far as Iracing ,its not an if its a must lol, its what I have been waiting for since DTR2. Check out some races being streamed on www.twitch.tv then search iracing if you are still on the fence.

I have a logitech driving force gt I have had it for 4-5 years . Its an older wheel but a very good one, I am actually looking at a G29 in the future if you pick one up let me know how you like it.

a25rjr
04-22-2017, 12:18 PM
iRacing takes a strong computer to run it properly. If you didn't spend $700+ 2 years ago then you'll be struggling to run the game at anything other than potatoe settings.

Just because it's 2 years old doesn't mean anything. A 2017 GRT late model is outdated before it's even at a racetrack.

To run anything decent you'll want an i5 at minimum and a decent $150+ graphics card.

I understand that but mine isn't an off the shelf computer. It was built to run a complicated business software.

I emailed my computer guy the iracing specs and he said to buy a new computer. It would be cheaper that way.

Are you guys buying off the shelf computers? If so what brand and software?

chupp n bloomer fan
04-22-2017, 12:18 PM
I agree with that , I took for granted we were working with a built pc when he said upgrades. I built my gaming pc myself 5 years ago and its nice to just be able to upgrade the pieces you need instead of having to buy a whole new pc when it becomes outdated.

As far as Iracing ,its not an if its a must lol, its what I have been waiting for since DTR2. Check out some races being streamed on www.twitch.tv then search iracing if you are still on the fence.

I have a logitech driving force gt I have had it for 4-5 years . Its an older wheel but a very good one, I am actually looking at a G29 in the future if you pick one up let me know how you like it.DTR2, man the old days. Loved that game, had a Momo wheel. Good times there. Think I ran under ChuppFan possibly.

I'm not really on the fence lol, just the time it'll take to be good at it. It looks awesome. I will let ya know. Cheaper than the G920, same guts, and a lighted shift point bar.

Yeah I've never changed a motherboard, but mines an I7 so good for now. Have done RAM and video cards, very simple. Guessing rest of it is probably not that hard either. Mostly plug in and make sure sh!t is compatible with each other.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-22-2017, 12:23 PM
I understand that but mine isn't an off the shelf computer. It was built to run a complicated business software.

I emailed my computer guy the iracing specs and he said to buy a new computer. It would be cheaper that way.

Are you guys buying off the shelf computers? If so what brand and software?Mines a Dell 8700 XPS. Under a grand, and says I'm good to go for iRacing. Think they are at the 8900 now. First computer I was impressed with. It's got an i7, and a NVidia GTX 645, which is middle of the road now I believe as far as a graphics card.

King1
04-23-2017, 07:23 AM
Msi 970 mobo, amd 8370 4gb 8 core processor (hard to swing the cash for an i7) msi r9 390 8gb graphics card, 500gb solid state hard drive, 8gb of ram. It's not cheap to build one but once you're there then you're there for a while.
Iracing dirt is good, I've tested like 50 laps on bottom and t0 on top at Eldora and had two distinct grooves cut in and had loose junk in the middle. The cars could stand a little more front end grip in the slick and a little more power on bottom end. But the coolest thing is how it acts when you are changing lanes and get in the black streak (it acts just like one). Like I said a little front end grip would help as I've tried everything to get front end grip in the slick. It gets a little to tight off throttle too.

Bob Hubbard
05-19-2017, 01:59 PM
Saw this today & thought Id pass it on to my 4m buds .....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8k7ENGY2to

MaverickSprints
05-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Looking forward to trying it out. The Champions don't have a "real" computer, and some idiot spends too much $$ going to races to afford one! Maybe one of you will help a buddy out. I'll bring chips and dip to sweeten the deal! Wonder how many of us don't have the ability to use Iracing?

Keep spending money on "REAL" racing otherwise, we'll lose an entire generation of folks paying to watch others play a dang game. iRacing or any simulation is a detriment to Real Racing, not a plus.

TDRacin®
05-19-2017, 02:18 PM
Keep spending money on "REAL" racing otherwise, we'll lose an entire generation of folks paying to watch others play a dang game. iRacing or any simulation is a detriment to Real Racing, not a plus.

That's one way of looking at it. I look at it from a different angle based on comments made by people who actually do it. Many people have been introduced to the world of dirt racing all over the world simply because of iRacing! Many attended their first ever race and comment how incredible it is! Guess what that does? Yep! MORE fans at the track!!

JCSullivan00
05-19-2017, 02:26 PM

This is one of the dumbest comments I've seen in some time. iRacing is not keeping people away from the track. I cannot afford a race car, but I can spend a 100 bucks a year or so to do iRacing. I still go watch real racing, as watching e-sports is pretty lame.

Also, a whole bunch of "REAL" racers as you call them, use iracing to tame their skills.

Snake X3
05-19-2017, 02:44 PM
Yeah. I gotta say that sim racing only promotes real racing. The guys in the leagues I've been in used to meet at the track for some face time. I mean...where else are you gonna go to meet other sim racers? Someone's basement? LOL

Bob Hubbard
05-19-2017, 03:05 PM
One of the guys we race r/c cars with posted his first win on his facebook ..... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1496200893754533&set=a.243616359012999.55659.100000939090743&type=3&theater

zyoung25
05-23-2017, 03:40 AM

I don't own his deal....yet. This isn't a game, it's a simulation, there's a big difference in the two. Yes, they both run through a computer, a game is something kids do for fun, this isn't made for that. I've seen Chris Bell and Rico Abreu doing this, which are real accomplished professional racers.

They're only making tracks with a infield pit area at the time, so it may be awhile before we seen any smaller tracks. I'm guessing it has something to do with the pace truck exiting the track in a proper fashion.

Bob Hubbard
10-03-2017, 07:42 PM
I was talking to a buddy who is hooked on it .... Soon as the weather turns cold im signing up .... Anyone playing this have the vr head sets ? Im interested in the feed back over the use of a regular monitor ....

Just The Tip
10-03-2017, 11:26 PM
I was talking to a buddy who is hooked on it .... Soon as the weather turns cold im signing up .... Anyone playing this have the vr head sets ? Im interested in the feed back over the use of a regular monitor ....

A friend of mine uses a v/r headset with his set up, he likes it a lot. I tried it out and it gave me motion sickness, which I've never gotten before. I think it was probably because my body senses that there should be some motion due to what I was seeing and hearing with the headset on, but there obiouvlsy wasn't any. I don't really know what caused it. YMMV of course.

Bob Hubbard
10-04-2017, 04:14 AM
My buddy paid 800 for the top end vr head set .... Im typically more thrifty ... So much new stuff out there .... Im thinking these are what they use to fly drones ...

chupp n bloomer fan
10-04-2017, 07:42 AM
My buddy paid 800 for the top end vr head set .... Im typically more thrifty ... So much new stuff out there .... Im thinking these are what they use to fly drones ...I think $400-$500 is a common number. Best Buy/Amazon. Always remember if it's sold and fulfilled by Amazon, Best Buy will match it.

heinen81
10-04-2017, 09:32 AM
I have a $800.00 Cyberpower PC with Ryzen 5 processor and RX580 video card from Best Buy, coupled with the Oculus Rift, which new runs $500. I've seen used on Ebay for $250. Keep an eye on the Iracing Flea Market on Faceboook as well. I run everything on high detail except for crowd (off) and pit equipment (low). I get a constant 90 fps, capped at 90. Also added the Obutto Ozone (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit, with the Buttkicker Gamer2 bass shaker under the seat.
I have had this for 6 months now, and I use it more and more every week. It is probably the best money I have ever spent in terms of use.
As far as the Rift VR.... its amazing. You literally feel like you are in the car. I will say after the first day of having it, I called all my friends over to try it, because I was going to return it. It made me feel so weird, almost like I had the flu when taking it off. I read up on it, and everyone said to play for short intervals every day for a week. I tried that, and it worked. I can play for hours now without one bit of motion sickness. Allot of people who come try it, have no issues at all. I think some people just need to get used to it. But it is so realistic, words don't do it justice. From a training standpoint, it cant be beat. (muscle memory, wheel input and consistency)

riddle28
10-04-2017, 11:51 AM
i just started about a month ago to get it going for the winter time. i bought a $500 pc from best buy a $250 pedal wheel setup from ebay and use a 32" tv for my monitor. it all works plenty well for me

Bob Hubbard
10-05-2017, 08:25 AM
I wish everyone knew how easy it is to build a pc .... If you watched one being put together youd never go to a big box store again .... Yea ...You need to know a few things but to be honest its not that hard to pickup on ....What I do is find out what the lastest processor is ...Than look at where the prices drop on the older stuff .... You can save alot of money on the build & get alot more out of your purchase ....

Finnfan
10-05-2017, 09:11 AM
I wish everyone knew how easy it is to build a pc .... If you watched one being put together youd never go to a big box store again .... Yea ...You need to know a few things but to be honest its not that hard to pickup on ....What I do is find out what the lastest processor is ...Than look at where the prices drop on the older stuff .... You can save alot of money on the build & get alot more out of your purchase ....

I second that, even easier if you go to New Egg's website they'll put together the kit for you where everything's compatible, and they have great support if you have questions. IMO you can build about twice the computer for what you pay at the big box stores, especially if you watch for sales on components, you can get some really good deals. You pay for a lot of fluff (software, etc...) that you'll likely never use. That's probably why they call these do-it-yourself builds "barebones" kits, they generally come with no software at all.

If you've ever changed out a video card or basically anything in a computer, then you can build your own PC and with all the you tube videos out there, it's much easier than you think.

Bob Hubbard
10-06-2017, 04:08 AM
My last build I went to micro center while they had a sale going on .... One reason i like micro center is their return policy ... They take it back if im not happy ( No questions asked ) Dont be worried about building a p/c .... I think the only tools are a screw driver .....LOL

mcarter815
10-06-2017, 08:19 AM
https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/This site has build lists targeting different use cases. Just pick one based on what you are going to use the computer for and your budget and order the parts. The riskiest part of building a PC is installing the CPU and heat sink. Be sure to read the directions carefully and don’t bend the pins.

Bob Hubbard
10-10-2017, 04:44 PM
I looked at my wheel out in the shop ....G-25 .... is that too old ?

CarolinaDirt
10-10-2017, 06:07 PM
No Bob I played with a driving force gt which is older than that wheel for a LONG time until I recently picked up a G29

Bob Hubbard
10-11-2017, 07:49 AM
Thanks .... That saved me $ 300 ....

00Hdmn
10-12-2017, 12:40 PM
I have a complete setup that I am selling if anyone is interested.... Racing seat(playseat) New G29 Wheel set, Dell computer with upgraded Ram and Video Card and TV stand and 32" Sony TV....Plus the game and I have bought all the cars and tracks other than Wingless sprints.
1000.00 Firm.

TDRacin®
10-12-2017, 03:12 PM
I have a complete setup that I am selling if anyone is interested.... Racing seat(playseat) New G29 Wheel set, Dell computer with upgraded Ram and Video Card and TV stand and 32" Sony TV....Plus the game and I have bought all the cars and tracks other than Wingless sprints.
1000.00 Firm.
Just so everyone knows, you are not allowed to sell an account. If they find out, it can be banned. Keep that in mind if thinking about buying an iRacing account from someone.

00Hdmn
10-12-2017, 03:41 PM
I didn't know that... thanks for the heads up.

Bob Hubbard
10-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Do I need to buy the top of the line video card to run the VR head gear ?

chupp n bloomer fan
10-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Do I need to buy the top of the line video card to run the VR head gear ?Only if your computer will support it. You can have the best video card on the market, and if your computer isn't strong enough to support it, it's pointless. Long as you have a decent computer, just get the best video card you can for watcha got. You can check and see how your computer stacks with a test online.

WisWildManFan
10-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Is anyone having trouble with the official races right now?

Bob Hubbard
11-20-2017, 07:48 AM
im lookin at video cards now ....does the price change prior to black friday deals ?

chupp n bloomer fan
11-20-2017, 03:54 PM
im lookin at video cards now ....does the price change prior to black friday deals ?I don’t think, but either Black Friday or Cyber Monday is when I’d purchase one if you’re serious about it.

CarolinaDirt
11-20-2017, 06:40 PM
im lookin at video cards now ....does the price change prior to black friday deals ?

Which one you looking at ?

Bob Hubbard
11-20-2017, 06:53 PM
I was thinking a nvidia 1070

CarolinaDirt
11-21-2017, 04:24 AM
I was thinking a nvidia 1070

You can't go wrong there but they are pricey

Bob Hubbard
11-21-2017, 08:48 AM
You can't go wrong there but they are pricey

My plan is to get a good card now that is vr ready ....Than later on build a better pc .... I may even go 1080 now .... Im still looking .... The main thing is to be able to run the vr when i buy one later down the road ...

Bob Hubbard
11-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Im looking at theses also .....https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?nm_mc=KNC-GoogleKWLess&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleKWLess-_-DSA-_-FeedPages-_-NA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5vzi3orQ1wIVmo-zCh3KYwuUEAAYAiAAEgLIjfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&Item=N82E16826918011

CarolinaDirt
11-21-2017, 04:10 PM
If your not scared of AMD the r9 480x 8gb and r9 580x 8gb are VR ready at half the price . That's what I'm running on triple 27 inch benqs and they are a great card worth a look if price is a factor

Bob Hubbard
11-22-2017, 10:34 AM
If your not scared of AMD the r9 480x 8gb and r9 580x 8gb are VR ready at half the price . That's what I'm running on triple 27 inch benqs and they are a great card worth a look if price is a factor

Thanks............I wasn't aware those video cards were that good .... Those would give me more cash for my vr for sure ...

Bob Hubbard
12-04-2017, 06:11 AM
https://racingnews.co/2017/12/03/tony-stewart-cusses-out-iracing-trucks/

Bob Hubbard
12-04-2017, 06:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=ieQwD5gKU2Y

Bob Hubbard
12-04-2017, 07:47 AM
Is pc3 12800 still used in the newer systems builds

riddle28
12-04-2017, 11:39 AM
anybody know what the other unnamed track is theyre gonna release in 2018?

TDRacin®
12-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Is pc3 12800 still used in the newer systems builds

No, newer systems are using DDR4 now.

Knoxville and midgets are releasing tomorrow!

Bob Hubbard
12-05-2017, 05:48 AM
Thanks .. Im looking at memory today ....

huskerdirt
12-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Iracing membership bought. Waiting on the computer to arrive. Excited to see what this thing is all about.

SFrancisFan15
12-05-2017, 06:30 AM
been watching alot of Teamvlr.com racing on facebook and man those guys put on a show!

huskerdirt
12-05-2017, 07:05 AM
been watching alot of Teamvlr.com racing on facebook and man those guys put on a show!

I’ve been catching some here and there. Those boys get after it. I saw like 98 cars were at there last race. Insane.

Bob Hubbard
12-05-2017, 07:17 AM
Iracing membership bought. Waiting on the computer to arrive. Excited to see what this thing is all about.

Looks like its 50% off till the 6th ...

SFrancisFan15
12-05-2017, 08:08 AM
Huskerdirt they do and for the most part race clean thats what i enjoy the most.

zeroracing
12-05-2017, 12:24 PM
I joined up, bought a wheel, after about 15 minutes we pulled an old seat from the attic and welded up a full stand. Now ordered a new computer to play it, old laptop was ok but wanted a little better. Game is fun, racing with others has been mixed. Some guys slamming brakes to enter, or all over track but it’s still fun.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-05-2017, 05:44 PM
been watching alot of Teamvlr.com racing on facebook and man those guys put on a show!Did they used to be around during DTR2? They sound familiar. Guy named Roadrunner.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-05-2017, 05:45 PM
I want it, but I don’t have enough time for the new CoD, so surely no time for it.

CarolinaDirt
12-05-2017, 08:20 PM
This is a great update Knoxville is awesome , heat races and b mains being added make it more realistic. The dirt midget is like wrestling a bull wheelies for days . I can't wait to see where it's at a year from now .

SFrancisFan15
12-06-2017, 05:04 AM
Did they used to be around during DTR2? They sound familiar. Guy named Roadrunner.

Not sure about that. Id say its probably the biggest dirt league they have right now wish I made more money and could put the time and money into it just not doable for me.

SFrancisFan15
12-06-2017, 05:22 AM
Just seen on the site CNB that they have a DTR2 points standings so you may be right.
http://www.teamvlr.site.nfoservers.com/2014/index.php/en/

chupp n bloomer fan
12-06-2017, 05:42 AM
Just seen on the site CNB that they have a DTR2 points standings so you may be right.
http://www.teamvlr.site.nfoservers.com/2014/index.php/en/Yep, that’s them. Them and EVR were the good ones at DTR2.

zyoung25
12-06-2017, 06:07 AM
DTR2.....that brings back some memories. I was a sophomore in high school and broke my right arm playing basketball, and I'm right handed. I somehow mastered playing that game with with keyboard arrows, and only using my left hand. It must've done something for me, cuz I won 2 years back to back at Eldora race simulators. Now in the words of Randy Quaid, I look like a monkey fookin a football when I try it.

12-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Did they used to be around during DTR2? They sound familiar. Guy named Roadrunner.

Yep, that is the same Team VLR. They've been around since 2004 but just switched from dtr2 to iRacing this year actually when dirt came out.

By far the biggest and most competitive dirt league in iRacing, and probably asphalt as well. Way more cars than any other series and way more people watching their races than any other series including the NASCAR Peak Antifreeze series which is crazy.

Tonight they're racing at the new Knoxville that came out last night in sprints so who knows it might go over 100 cars :O with everyone wanting to race the new track. There are guys who struggle to finish in the top 50 at VLR and go to other tough series and win easily. Racing with them it's like racing against Lucas Oil competition on steroids if you compared it to real life.

SFrancisFan15
12-06-2017, 10:15 AM
Yep, that is the same Team VLR. They've been around since 2004 but just switched from dtr2 to iRacing this year actually when dirt came out.

By far the biggest and most competitive dirt league in iRacing, and probably asphalt as well. Way more cars than any other series and way more people watching their races than any other series including the NASCAR Peak Antifreeze series which is crazy.

Tonight they're racing at the new Knoxville that came out last night in sprints so who knows it might go over 100 cars :O with everyone wanting to race the new track. There are guys who struggle to finish in the top 50 at VLR and go to other tough series and win easily. Racing with them it's like racing against Lucas Oil competition on steroids if you compared it to real life.

Yep I'll be tuning in tonight man, knoxville should be amazing and I wouldnt be surprised to see around 100 players.

SFrancisFan15
12-06-2017, 10:17 AM
DTR2.....that brings back some memories. I was a sophomore in high school and broke my right arm playing basketball, and I'm right handed. I somehow mastered playing that game with with keyboard arrows, and only using my left hand. It must've done something for me, cuz I won 2 years back to back at Eldora race simulators. Now in the words of Randy Quaid, I look like a monkey fookin a football when I try it.

Yeah I was pretty dang good at DTR then when I tried the new simulator at Atomic with Iracing I was AWWWFUL

12-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Yeah I was pretty dang good at DTR then when I tried the new simulator at Atomic with Iracing I was AWWWFUL

iracing handles so different from dtr2 but I'm surprised how many people from dtr2 have picked it up so well

Bob Hubbard
12-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Where can I find some setups ?

CarolinaDirt
12-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Where can I find some setups ?

https://osracing.net/iracing-setups/

They also have invaluable information on what changes do to the different cars to help you learn to build your own. Example loose in do this,this,this etc.

SFrancisFan15
12-07-2017, 03:25 PM
teamvlr.com has a setup option as well Bob.

Bob Hubbard
12-08-2017, 06:34 AM
Thank you .... much better .....

Minny Lakes
01-05-2018, 03:48 AM
The Chili Bowl is being added to Iracing along with Midgets. Iracing is sponsoring Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell at the Chili Bowl. I wonder how much Iracing spends on this advertising, real curious about the Lanigan deal.

SFrancisFan15
01-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Hopefully team VLR series races chilli bowl. Watched there whole series and those guys are top notch. Would be amazing to see them on that track.

01-27-2018, 08:33 PM
Hopefully team VLR series races chilli bowl. Watched there whole series and those guys are top notch. Would be amazing to see them on that track.

I'm sure they'll do a Chili Bowl race at some point. They also are supposed to do a huge sprint car series I think here maybe in the summer time. The old SPR guys in rFactor hosted an annual chili bowl as well

Bob Hubbard
12-06-2018, 12:23 PM
I got a message today my iracing was auto renewal and the 111.20 was taking from my account ..... I sent an email out to iracing today and told them I hadnt used the game in almost a year .... And would like a refund .... I suggest you go to your paypal account and turn off auto pay .... They seem to think I should pay them for not using their game .... I once said nice things about this game .... My mistake .......

MI Dirt Fan
12-06-2018, 12:30 PM
At least they sent you a message. lol

Bob Hubbard
12-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Since Ive retired Ive learned that just about every company ive done business with over the years have to take one last dollar out of my auto pay account .... I had an answering service for the last 20 yrs sent me a bill because they said i didnt give them a 30 day notice .... Another company I used for running credit cards did the same thing .... My cell phone provider got me too .... Its sad to say no one does business on a hand shake anymore .... oh well ....Im happy to say im headed south after xmas to warmer weather & going to some dirt track racing ....

MI Dirt Fan
12-06-2018, 12:48 PM
I have car insurance through state farm and to turn off the auto pay they want the next months payment on top of the current month payment just to turn it off. Crazy...

Kwd1253
12-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Learn my lesson 10 years ago with auto draft/renewal. I got preloaded card for anything that has to have auto drafting. They just cancel or suspend your account until they get a payment. It’s good when stopping playing games or using a site. Also don’t have worry about someone hacking my online bank and c.c. Info. I keep all that off line as well.

Bob Hubbard
12-06-2018, 03:58 PM
I filed a paypal claim .....Got an email back today saying I can get my money back less 5 bucks ..... I'm happy again .....

Bob Hubbard
12-06-2018, 03:59 PM
I have car insurance through state farm and to turn off the auto pay they want the next months payment on top of the current month payment just to turn it off. Crazy...

Thats almost funny .... I just switched to them ..... Dang it

JCSullivan00
12-06-2018, 04:15 PM
I filed a paypal claim .....Got an email back today saying I can get my money back less 5 bucks ..... I'm happy again .....

I have iRacing. If you read the fine print, you agreed in there for them to auto-renew.

jp631989
12-06-2018, 05:28 PM
On my Iracing, you can easy go to "my account" and turn auto renewal off with one click.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Gotta read the fine print. I don’t do anything on auto renewal, auto pay, etc. Paper statements and checks. I do have AmEx, and simply watch my account.

My wife has a Nissan Rogue, through the Nissan App, in the fine print, at any time they can switch you to paperless statements. And they are sent to the App email. So a year in a half into leasing this thing, we stopped getting a bill. Almost two months later wife finally answers phone, thinking it’s telemarketers, I blocked it, it was Nissan. Wanting to know where their money was. Well, we didn’t get a bill, so there’s that. So I hurried up and mailed two. And lady said they wouldn’t do that. On your site in fine print lady.

Bob Hubbard
12-07-2018, 08:14 AM
We just signed up for a 1 year subscription to Planet fitness .... My wife told me they set it up as auto renewal from our checking account .... I'm just now catching on to how the game is played ....

Bob Hubbard
12-07-2018, 08:30 AM
Something else I found odd ....Since were going to be traveling now we purchased a Sirius XM Satellite subscription ....Afterwards ......Just for the heck of it I went & looked at their reviews on google ..... All the reviews said they sucked .... Not one review saying anything good .... With out the internet who would ever know what good service is .....

Wells Racing Photos
12-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Something else I found odd ....Since were going to be traveling now we purchased a Sirius XM Satellite subscription ....Afterwards ......Just for the heck of it I went & looked at their reviews on google ..... All the reviews said they sucked .... Not one review saying anything good .... With out the internet who would ever know what good service is .....

I canceled my Sirius after the bill started going up every 3 months....Screw their price increases.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-07-2018, 12:28 PM

I canceled my Sirius after the bill started going up every 3 months....Screw their price increases.You gotta know how to play their game. Threaten to cancel it, and haggle the price, and you get it cheap. My Mom I’m sure just pays it, but my wife and I no. Want they wanna charge you once your trial ends is ridiculous. I do like it, but they want too much. Same goes if you still have cable. Though now they get you with the cost of the good internet.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-07-2018, 12:29 PM
What*******

MI Dirt Fan
12-07-2018, 12:34 PM
My mom used to change land line phone providers all the time. They were always offering money to switch to them. Usually if you haggle with XM they lower the price.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-07-2018, 04:36 PM
My mom used to change land line phone providers all the time. They were always offering money to switch to them. Usually if you haggle with XM they lower the price.I’m not sure what the wife is paying, but it’s literally about 2-3 months price for 6 months or a year.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Sirius XM^^, not the premium one though, just the standard package.

MI Dirt Fan
12-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Yea the standard one they'll budge on but the premium one is tough. I tried to a couple times.