PDA

View Full Version : Statement from Ronnie and Terri Stuckey

Ben Shelton
04-06-2017, 09:00 PM
On Wednesday night we lost a man, who was like family. At just 51-years-old, Mike Humphrey was fatally injured, when a drunk driver ran a red light in Shreveport. The sadness and the loss we – and so many others – feel cannot be described in words.

Mike was a great friend and an amazing person.

For several years he’s been a big part of our business. He even lived with us for a time, and was best friends with our son, Clayton.

Mike Humphrey was just the kind of guy that everybody liked and respected.

You just can’t say enough about him as a person, a friend, and a coworker.

His devotion and hard work at Stuckey Enterprises helped us reach so many goals.

As we move forward, it’s going to be incredibly hard to know that we won’t be seeing his smiling face every day. However, Mike’s spirit and love for building racecars will always be a part of Stuckey Enterprises and Black Diamond Race Cars. We – along with all of our staff – will do our very best to diligently move forward and work harder than ever on a daily basis to carry on his passion and devotion.

It’s just the way that Mike would’ve wanted it, so we can promise that’s the way it will be.
Thanks so much for the outpouring of thoughts and prayers. The support from so many means so much during this very trying time.

- Ronnie and Terri Stuckey

2thextreme
04-07-2017, 01:54 AM
I'm saddened to learn of his unfortunate death, especially falling at the hands of a drunken driver. What a shame! My deepest condolences.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-07-2017, 03:51 AM
Yep. Still happens all the time. And the drunk lives every freakin time. Should be the other way around.

Nice piece by the Stukeys and hopefully they can carry on and keep Mike in their thoughts and do it for him in a way. RIP Mike.

MaverickSprints
04-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Very sorry, my thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. Was this the same Mike that started Mach 1 race cars up north, I'd heard he was helping expand Black Diamond?

dirtdobber45
04-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Might sound corny but how they have described him, maybe God needed another angel to help him. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

BIGSTEVE00
04-07-2017, 07:23 AM
I always hate to hear things like this. Its a total shame that people insist on drinking and driving. It doesn't do anybody any good. My condolences to the family. Thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and everybody at Black Diamond Race cars. RIP Mike.

MotoMatt
04-07-2017, 02:45 PM
Very sorry, my thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. Was this the same Mike that started Mach 1 race cars up north, I'd heard he was helping expand Black Diamond?

Yes, this is the same Mike. The entire dirt racing community lost a special talent that night. He was a staple in dirt racing around the Quad City area and helped countless racers along his long career. I have been away from there for about 15 years but my friends back there are pretty tore up right now.

RIP Mike.