PDA

View Full Version : Rusty schlenk wins 2 in a row in a rayburn

Rsr fan
04-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Looks like everybody better hang on to your Rayburn...Rustys showing swing arms can still win!!!Congrats Rusty

TMaCiLLiNi39
04-09-2017, 10:22 PM
Looks like everybody better hang on to your Rayburn...Rustys showing swing arms can still win!!!Congrats Rusty

Oh boy.... really killin the competition lol

Btw... nice first post

aflack83
04-09-2017, 11:16 PM
Rusty is a heck of a wheelman and just as good of a person. He can drive anything with wheels!! Best of luck to him and C.J.

MaverickSprints
04-10-2017, 07:13 AM

Wait right here with me, they'll all be back soon.

Congrats to Rusty and CJ !!!

Senroc-Systems
04-10-2017, 08:20 AM

Big RSR fan huh? The new car is a 4 bar car......

Black F
04-10-2017, 08:28 AM

Wish them both continued success!

Josh Bayko
04-10-2017, 08:31 AM
Dave Hess Jr won a bunch of races last year in a Rayburn . How come nobody made threads about that?

Black F
04-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Erb won a big one at La Salle a few yrs. back in a rayburn.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-10-2017, 09:52 AM

It is capable of that. Rusty said they were going to run the new swingarm design?

muddy mike
04-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Big RSR fan huh? The new car is a 4 bar car......he said in victory lane saturday at i-55 he was in a swing arm car maybe it was an older car i dont know

dangerdann
04-10-2017, 10:38 AM
I think he is going to run both swing arm and 4bar. That is a new car for big shows and eldora on swing arm. He hasnt finished his other car yet. Good to see rayburn in winner circle

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-10-2017, 10:46 AM
he said in victory lane saturday at i-55 he was in a swing arm car maybe it was an older car i dont know

The cars will be combo cars to the best of my knowledge.

Bubstr
04-10-2017, 11:12 AM
I don't see why so many are bad mouthing a swing arm. I can remember when every one bad mouthed anything but a leaf car. Fact is, all of them can achieve the same asymmetric anti squat values.

MI Dirt Fan
04-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Btw... nice first post

You've made over a 1,000 unintelligent posts and you rag on a guy for making 1.

MI Dirt Fan
04-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Only takes one guy with the right input and ideas to put them back on the map.

Bigdirtfan
04-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Man rusty is running so good maybe he will be head to atomic for the lucas oil race. (Sarcasm)

pink floyd
04-10-2017, 03:52 PM
he said in victory lane saturday at i-55 he was in a swing arm car maybe it was an older car i dont know

anyone have the full results??

muddy mike
04-10-2017, 04:17 PM
they have full results on STLRACING.COM. Schlenk beat Manville by a few feet then Gordy Gundaker Rusty Griffaw and Jeff Herzog. Tommie Seets jr. won mods.

TMaCiLLiNi39
04-10-2017, 04:30 PM
You've made over a 1,000 unintelligent posts and you rag on a guy for making 1.

You really should stop talking about yourself while looking in the mirror...

Cardirt0
04-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Erb won a big one at La Salle a few yrs. back in a rayburn.

Erb was good in them RB on ruff tracks.. for years

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-10-2017, 06:18 PM
they have full results on STLRACING.COM. Schlenk beat Manville by a few feet then Gordy Gundaker Rusty Griffaw and Jeff Herzog. Tommie Seets jr. won mods.

Some decent competition.

WisWildManFan
04-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Erb was good in them RB on ruff tracks.. for yearsThat Mansfield track schlenk won at was really rough also

BerckFan
04-10-2017, 06:49 PM
You really should stop talking about yourself while looking in the mirror...

1,001 ;) Go TMac

Bigdirtfan
04-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Decent competition? Is it competition that warrants a post about rusty and his rayburn? I think not. Us poor souls in mi and oh have had to listen to this ignorant rusty schlenk hype for years and its way past getting old. He will not win any race of significance all year, thats a fact and his fans need to get a clue.

MI Dirt Fan
04-10-2017, 10:07 PM
He will not win any race of significance all year, thats a fact and his fans need to get a clue.

I think he already has. First LM race at Mansfield was $5k. And I'm not even a fan of his, but facts are facts. We'll revisit this one around end of September.

aflack83
04-10-2017, 11:19 PM
Decent competition? Is it competition that warrants a post about rusty and his rayburn? I think not. Us poor souls in mi and oh have had to listen to this ignorant rusty schlenk hype for years and its way past getting old. He will not win any race of significance all year, thats a fact and his fans need to get a clue.

I dont think anyone is saying Rusty is going to go win any huge races. He is a an incredible regional race car driver though and has won many good paying races. No one is saying he is going to win the World 100, but he is a heck of regional competitor.

non driving fool
04-10-2017, 11:23 PM
I love it !That's right on MI , this joker will swell up and talk about whoopin somebody then somebody tells us how he is a 400 pound pimple faced pizza eatin fat boy hiding behind a keyboard and he gone ! Then in a few weeks he comes back, kinda sad really!!!

westlingracing
04-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Saturday at Pevely and Sunday at Quincy both tracks were dryslick, both tracks had broken water trucks this weekend. And Rusty left the 4bar parts at home so he wasn't tempted to switch it to 4bar. Swing arm all the way, his goal is to make it work. And boy is he! He has put a lot into all the new designs and it shows.

fryefan
04-10-2017, 11:47 PM
Congratulations to Rusty and his crew. He was the class of the field last night at Quincy.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-11-2017, 03:39 AM
I think he already has. First LM race at Mansfield was $5k. And I'm not even a fan of his, but facts are facts. We'll revisit this one around end of September.I'm not downplaying the win per se, because he won and the car stayed together. But there was 15 cars, track was very rough, and Drown broke. I think at least one other front runner broke also. Markham maybe? Corey Conley was quicker, just nailed them holes. And Rusty stayed above them for the most part.

In saying that though they have found speed and more power to them. If he keeps it up then they may become credible again.

BustingRangers
04-11-2017, 03:51 AM
The car he is in is a 2017 combo car. He's has been on swing arm every night. First race at Attica he started 11th and finished 3rd, then won Mansfield. This past weekend was his 3rd, 4th, and 5th races in it. Qualified 6th at Farmer City and got wrecked in the heat, then won I-55 and Quincy. He may not win any big races this year but he is 3 out of 5 so far, I wouldn't bet the farm he doesn't win a bigger race all season. You are right he probably won't end up at Atomic as he clearly always runs UMP shows with his focus on the Sunoco ALMS and American Ethanol tour point titles and of course the UMP weekly national points. The only reason they went to Mansfield was to test at a bigger track to try to prepare for Eldora's Sunoco show.

SHOESTRING TRVLR
04-11-2017, 05:47 AM
To bad he didn't swing by peoria last Saturday night.

Bigdirtfan
04-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Thats right he wont be at atomic because his focus is on ump. Yet in his entire career he has never qualified for the dream or the world.

jensenracing18
04-11-2017, 07:39 AM
Thats right he wont be at atomic because his focus is on ump. Yet in his entire career he has never qualified for the dream or the world. because that's so easy to do?? only 323 drivers total have qualified for the world 100 in the past 46 years... not a Rusty fan at all but there is a lot of great drivers that haven't and never will make the big show at Eldora..

MaverickSprints
04-11-2017, 07:56 AM

http://cjrayburn.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_1087.jpg
http://cjrayburn.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_1086.jpg
Rayburn X
http://cjrayburn.com/

Looks like a swing arm to me...

Bigdirtfan
04-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Not easy, agreed. Many good drivers have never qualified, agreed. Would you agree that Ump races with 15 drivers at them arent the standard for determining greatness in dirt late model racing.

MaverickSprints
04-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Not easy, agreed. Many good drivers have never qualified, agreed. Would you agree that Ump races with 15 drivers at them arent the standard for determining greatness in dirt late model racing.

Some of the best races I've seen had as few as 12 racers. We're celebrating Rusty and CJ's victory because for a while now the shinnston moonies have been blasting CJ or anyone who dared say they liked swing arm. So you are free to go back to your lemming party anytime. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, these victories are those first few steps against theoretically superior designed machines.

TheJet-09
04-11-2017, 08:19 AM
Is that a PPM J-bar?

Bigdirtfan
04-11-2017, 09:00 AM
The journey can be very long when you drive past tracks to go somewhere else where you have a chance of winning. ✌🏻

Black F
04-11-2017, 09:25 AM
The journey can be very long when you drive past tracks to go somewhere else where you have a chance of winning. ✌

If winning is what you're after then that journey was well worth it right? Who said you must run where you aren't competitive? If it pays the bill of racing, do what you do best...

MI Dirt Fan
04-11-2017, 11:36 AM
I think he was in his own equipment any time he tried to qualify for the Dream or World prior to the last season or so. He's been running for National Champion and running for points during the World and Dream. The AELT has some bigger paying events this season and the Championship pays good.

But like I said, let's just wait until the end of September and see where he's at.

Highside Hustler25
04-11-2017, 11:54 AM

I've seen Rusty race against some good competition and run very well. You sound like a star gazer who only goes to Lucas or Outlaw races so you can watch you're heros. I'll bet you have a house full of them fathead posters.lol

chupp n bloomer fan
04-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Some of the best races I've seen had as few as 12 racers. We're celebrating Rusty and CJ's victory because for a while now the shinnston moonies have been blasting CJ or anyone who dared say they liked swing arm. So you are free to go back to your lemming party anytime. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, these victories are those first few steps against theoretically superior designed machines.It is CJ's own fault he became irrelevant, not Rockets, or anyone else's. I see no one blasting swingarms, who cares what's under it if it's legal? CJ not willing to change is what people complain about, not sure why anyone would care what's under the car if it's legal.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-11-2017, 03:05 PM
I've seen Rusty race against some good competition and run very well. You sound like a star gazer who only goes to Lucas or Outlaw races so you can watch you're heros. I'll bet you have a house full of them fathead posters.lolRusty can drive a car, and he doesn't have deep pockets, so who can blame him for going by bigger races for a better chance at making money? No one should, unless they are paying the bills.

Whose fathead you think he has? Fighting with Litey to get the latest Bloomer crotch chop one, or with Sideways to get a JD just in a cape one?;)

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-11-2017, 03:05 PM
It is CJ's own fault he became irrelevant, not Rockets, or anyone else's. I see no one blasting swingarms, who cares what's under it if it's legal? CJ not willing to change is what people complain about, not sure why anyone would care what's under the car if it's legal.

CJ going 4 bar would be a capitulation that he was wrong. That is why people care.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-11-2017, 03:14 PM
CJ going 4 bar would be a capitulation that he was wrong. That is why people care.I agree, but I don't care what's under the car. I see no one else saying anything horrible about a swingarm either, or a 4 bar. But yes, it'd be CJ admitting he missed the boat.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-11-2017, 03:32 PM
I agree, but I don't care what's under the car. I see no one else saying anything horrible about a swingarm either, or a 4 bar. But yes, it'd be CJ admitting he missed the boat.

Everyone says the swingarm is a lost cause. It is almost at monoleaf state.

MI Dirt Fan
04-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Whose fathead you think he has? Fighting with Litey to get the latest Bloomer crotch chop one, or with Sideways to get a JD just in a cape one?;)

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Illtsate32
04-11-2017, 03:42 PM
I said it before I think most of the advancement has been in shock-coilover technology...the way they lay on the rf looks as if they are coil binding...whatever the case I think both rear setups work well once you figure out the 10,000 dollar shock packages...

Bigdirtfan
04-11-2017, 05:39 PM
I enjoy late model racing local and national, i dont have any fatheads at the house. One things for sure If the rusty fans on here wanted a fathead they could just take a real life picture of his melon and put it on the wall.

Highside Hustler25
04-11-2017, 05:43 PM
I enjoy late model racing local and national, i dont have any fatheads at the house. One things for sure If the rusty fans on here wanted a fathead they could just take a real life picture of his melon and put it on the wall.

I know we all have our favorites and we all have racers we don't necessarily care for but man, what did Rusty do to make you so bitter? He seems like a likeable dude. Just curious.

Dante Toledo, OH
04-11-2017, 05:57 PM
He is 30. He drives a dirt late model for a living. He makes it work on a small budget, he does what is right for his situation financially. Good for him.

Bigdirtfan
04-11-2017, 06:25 PM
As i stated in my original post, just tired of hearing the hype year after year. Like always now we have to hear about his limited budget, yep he would win crown jewels if he had money. Maybe we should start a go fundme for a motor, wait someone already tried that.

MaverickSprints
04-11-2017, 06:44 PM
...CJ admitting he missed the boat.

This is what I'm talking about, you speak with a forked tongue. One side you say you don't care what's under a car as long as its legal, the next it's a backhanded insult about being irrelevent or left behind. You obviously think Cj is some sort of joke, why bother coming over here, unless you're just trolling for entertainment? I'm betting your trolling, per as usual.

rickybrown1952
04-11-2017, 06:48 PM
He is 30. He drives a dirt late model for a living. He makes it work on a small budget, he does what is right for his situation financially. Good for him.Great post

chupp n bloomer fan
04-11-2017, 07:10 PM
This is what I'm talking about, you speak with a forked tongue. One side you say you don't care what's under a car as long as its legal, the next it's a backhanded insult about being irrelevent or left behind. You obviously think Cj is some sort of joke, why bother coming over here, unless you're just trolling for entertainment? I'm betting your trolling, per as usual.My suggestion to your whiny a$$, who changed his name like a troll does, is to ignore me. You take everything so personal. I'm giving my opinion, which is the same of most on CJ. Forked tongue eh? Maybe it's criss crossed applesauced. CJ was irrelevant, when you go from 300 cars a year to like 15, umm, sorry, kinda factual, you aren't relevant. Just like GRT and Warrior.

He didn't want to change, and that's why he wasn't selling cars. All the people who were loyal to him have been quoted in saying so. Rusty made an agreement with CJ to let him tweak the cars.

Like I said, which I'm sure you skipped that part, Rusty keeps on winning, and makes Rayburn credible again, more power to them. I don't give two sh!ts what's under the car or who builds it, I just like to see good racing.

If you wanna continue to be butt hurt by me, better bust out the Vaseline and KY, cause I ain't changing for your whiny, sensitive self. And I'll post anywhere I want. Put me on ignore.

TurboTurtle17
04-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Erb won a big one at La Salle a few yrs. back in a rayburn.That was a Rayburn by Erb...

rickybrown1952
04-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Rusty was at our home track this past Saturday at i-55 Raceway at pevely mo won feature against some pretty good talented drivers and he IS a stand up guy

Black F
04-11-2017, 08:38 PM
That was a Rayburn by Erb...

He always did Erb his Rayburns...

You're right, I remember hearing he Erb'ed that one up too.

Still a Rayburn tho.

SHOE32
04-11-2017, 08:55 PM
People are bitching about schlenk running smaller races he can win yet the name Billy Moyer never came up. I don't care what schlenk runs but he is doing well in that car. Yeah,Moyer can beat anybody but he has made a career out of running 3,4,5000 to win races to support his regional sponsors yet others can't do it.WTF

fryefan
04-11-2017, 11:49 PM
As i stated in my original post, just tired of hearing the hype year after year. Like always now we have to hear about his limited budget, yep he would win crown jewels if he had money. Maybe we should start a go fundme for a motor, wait someone already tried that.

You have some serious jealousy issues.

Dante Toledo, OH
04-12-2017, 03:54 AM
As i stated in my original post, just tired of hearing the hype year after year. Like always now we have to hear about his limited budget, yep he would win crown jewels if he had money. Maybe we should start a go fundme for a motor, wait someone already tried that.Most of what we read on this site and others is cost. People complain about shocks, wide bore engines, tires, the bodies, the nose pieces, fuel cost etc etc. Rusty makes it work with a limited budget. That seems to bother you. Or it bothers you that it gets brought up. The reason it gets brought up every year? Every year the keyboard racers on 4m act like he owes it to them to go race against the guys with 4 motors in their $300,000 haulers. That brings people to his defense. You call it hype. Those of us in the mid west have seen him out run Babb, Pierce, Erb, Shirley, etc. he has won Hell tour races, the Jonny Appleseed a few times etc. ALMS titles. He started racing against Kris Patterson, Matt Miller, Jeep, Shane Yoder etc. but every year guys like you b!tch because he doesn't race Lucas races or he avoids competition. That's why you have people bring up his budget every year. Racing needs more Rusty Schlenk's!!!!! A lot of people respect him for what he does.

fastford
04-12-2017, 07:03 AM
Most of what we read on this site and others is cost. People complain about shocks, wide bore engines, tires, the bodies, the nose pieces, fuel cost etc etc. Rusty makes it work with a limited budget. That seems to bother you. Or it bothers you that it gets brought up. The reason it gets brought up every year? Every year the keyboard racers on 4m act like he owes it to them to go race against the guys with 4 motors in their $300,000 haulers. That brings people to his defense. You call it hype. Those of us in the mid west have seen him out run Babb, Pierce, Erb, Shirley, etc. he has won Hell tour races, the Jonny Appleseed a few times etc. ALMS titles. He started racing against Kris Patterson, Matt Miller, Jeep, Shane Yoder etc. but every year guys like you b!tch because he doesn't race Lucas races or he avoids competition. That's why you have people bring up his budget every year. Racing needs more Rusty Schlenk's!!!!! A lot of people respect him for what he does.

i dont personally know him, but this post gives me respect for him because budget wise theres a 100 low budget teams , including myself, to 1 big budget team trying best we can to compete. IMO there is no shame in passing a big race with 20 or more of those big budget teams to go to where you feel you have a chance to compete,JMO....

MaverickSprints
04-12-2017, 07:16 AM
A win is a win.
Especially when popular opinion is that it shouldn't be able to happen, at all, ever, anywhere.
And yet it has happened twice in a short amount of time.
Congrats again to Rusty and CJ, you earned it and never lost faith.

rageman
04-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Racing use to be a blue collar sport and yes I agree with the low budget teams and not trying to compete with the people that have big sponsor's and unlimited funds , I applaud any racer that works hard to keep his own program alive and races every week end with out any big sponsors . That's what made racing so great and now it has grown and I completely understand the big sponsors ,hey if they will give you unlimited funds you are a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) fool to walk away from that , hooray for the small guys

fryefan
04-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Most of what we read on this site and others is cost. People complain about shocks, wide bore engines, tires, the bodies, the nose pieces, fuel cost etc etc. Rusty makes it work with a limited budget. That seems to bother you. Or it bothers you that it gets brought up. The reason it gets brought up every year? Every year the keyboard racers on 4m act like he owes it to them to go race against the guys with 4 motors in their $300,000 haulers. That brings people to his defense. You call it hype. Those of us in the mid west have seen him out run Babb, Pierce, Erb, Shirley, etc. he has won Hell tour races, the Jonny Appleseed a few times etc. ALMS titles. He started racing against Kris Patterson, Matt Miller, Jeep, Shane Yoder etc. but every year guys like you b!tch because he doesn't race Lucas races or he avoids competition. That's why you have people bring up his budget every year. Racing needs more Rusty Schlenk's!!!!! A lot of people respect him for what he does.

Excellent analysis.

rickybrown1952
04-12-2017, 09:08 PM
As has been said a lot of times on here Late model and modified racing costs has went through the roof this issue is not an easy fix but I believe it could be done over time it would take a huge amount of Effort from dirt racing series,tracks and individuals all working together but it CAN be done I know this may sound like some positivety feel good movie or speech to some people but I still say it can be done with people having a lot of patience well we'll wait and see

gumby_32d
04-12-2017, 09:29 PM
I would reign in costs with these engines first. No wide bores, put a cubic inch and compression ratio limit on them. The shock prices, idk what could be done there...

MI Dirt Fan
04-12-2017, 09:35 PM
I would reign in costs with these engines first. No wide bores, put a cubic inch and compression ratio limit on them.

That's why there is crate motors.

These are open motor super late models.

gumby_32d
04-12-2017, 09:51 PM
And we all know about the crates.....i just don't want to see slm racing totally dry up. Well screw it.....just keep on keeping on then!

a25rjr
04-12-2017, 09:58 PM
And we all know about the crates.....i just don't want to see slm racing totally dry up. Well screw it.....just keep on keeping on then!

Its kinda like buying a Corvette. Everyone cant afford one, but enough of us buy them to keep GM building them!

fastford
04-13-2017, 08:45 AM
engines are not as relevant as they once were as far as performance goes, meaning, what is the big deal about wide bore engines? on a dry slick track, which most are now days, whats does it really matter if your making 800hp or 900 hp? to me getting control of shocks and other suspension parts is where the answer lies.

SJA #1
04-13-2017, 09:32 AM
engines are not as relevant as they once were as far as performance goes, meaning, what is the big deal about wide bore engines? on a dry slick track, which most are now days, whats does it really matter if your making 800hp or 900 hp? to me getting control of shocks and other suspension parts is where the answer lies.

Motors are more relevant now than they have ever been in Dlm's. These newer cars are so tight that even in dry slick conditions you need a ton of horse power to turn and control them. Plus with things so competitive you almost always need to qualify good in order to have a good night.

fastford
04-13-2017, 10:31 AM
thats kind of strange, most drivers i talk to with these big powerful motors tell me they rarely use over 3/4 throttle.

00Hdmn
04-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Motors are more relevant now than they have ever been in Dlm's. These newer cars are so tight that even in dry slick conditions you need a ton of horse power to turn and control them. Plus with things so competitive you almost always need to qualify good in order to have a good night.

Motors are very important on big tracks and also on heavy tracks, Smaller slick tracks a guy can get by without having a massive motor, that's why you see those few guys winning races with those 525 motors.

Black F
04-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Oh boy.... really killin the competition lol

Btw... nice first post

Looks to me like Rusty and his Rayburn has the popular vote here on 4m. Over you and your boy lol.

Then again you never was to popular on here now was ya Ernie?? ;)

Krooser
04-13-2017, 12:20 PM
When Rusty wins does that mean he 'schlenked' the field?

Black F
04-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Rayburn Rusty giving 'em hell... at a speedway near you!!! :cool:

MaverickSprints
04-13-2017, 01:33 PM
I would reign in costs with these engines first. No wide bores, put a cubic inch and compression ratio limit on them. The shock prices, idk what could be done there...

It starts with limiting available traction and downforce, then the cost will take care of itself. The much ballyhooed, "wedge late model" was nearly the exact issue, too much traction, engine cost got stupid, so they went to "Small Body rules" and dirt late model exploded with growth. We have the same issue today due to rule creep, partiality and ignorance.

The first step I think is to implement a body height rule max, no whop sided mounted nose, 6 inches(could be more, could be less) from ground max, all the way across. Same for right side. Instead of a complete slab side on right, make the rear section taper in on left & right the same equally. If you can hinder the aero advantage they lose traction and need less HP and thus negates the need for a wide bore engine. The idea is to make running the car FDAU undoable because the nose will dig into the track and tear it off, so they have to stiffen the RF back up. Then if your not dropping the nose and using bumps and so forth, you lessen the need for the high dollar shock setups. Also limit them to 1 shock per wheel, period. Supers can still be supers, but if you want them to thrive and be healthy some changes need to happen. Besides higher speeds don't usually make for better racing, usually the opposite. JMO

old17ford
04-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Spot on Maverick

westlingracing
04-14-2017, 09:50 AM
Maverick has it right. My first car was a Rayburn wedge car. We are pretty much back there now! I have said for a long time we need to get back to the mid to late 90s body rules.

dirtcrazy4u
04-14-2017, 06:22 PM
I will ask all of you bench racers a simple question. WHAT 1, ONE, RULE WOULD LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD IN SLM COMPETITION ? remember just 1.

Hoosier_Dirt
04-14-2017, 08:05 PM
Easy. Bodies

a25rjr
04-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Nothing could truly level the playing field. The smart drivers with money will always be faster.

The 1 thing that started all these aero bodies was the lr shock behind.

Krooser
04-15-2017, 10:11 PM
$350 engine claim....

After I get my MB running I'm going to buy a Rayburn and Bloomquist just to show you guys I can lose in anything....

Josh Bayko
04-15-2017, 10:56 PM
I will ask all of you bench racers a simple question. WHAT 1, ONE, RULE WOULD LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD IN SLM COMPETITION ? remember just 1.

The point of racing isn't to level the playing field. The point is he who has the fastest car wins.

TurboTurtle17
04-16-2017, 09:34 PM
He always did Erb his Rayburns...You're right, I remember hearing he Erb'ed that one up too.Still a Rayburn tho.Yes sir still is a rayburn! I miss seeing him in a Rayburn! Not sure why but I do...

ThebigE
04-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Swing arms are good on rough tracks not so much slick tracks.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-17-2017, 02:31 PM

Thats the sterotype. Now days, you can get bolt on stuff in enough flavors to make dynamic wheel loading anything you desire. If you know what works, the swingarm can be made the same.

Cast-Iron-Junkie
04-23-2017, 12:42 AM
Schlenk wins again. This time at Peoria. 2nd to Doug Drown at Attica last night.

Early UMP National point lead? Wouldn't surprise any one.

TMaCiLLiNi39
04-23-2017, 01:16 AM
Schlenk wins again. This time at Peoria. 2nd to Doug Drown at Attica last night.

Early UMP National point lead? Wouldn't surprise any one.

Are we really talkin UMP points in April? He will be points leader, but as with the past few years, until after the SummerNationals, it's hard to start discussuing leaders... the SN have such a huge hold on it, its crazy

MaverickSprints
04-23-2017, 09:06 AM

Definitely a stereotype. If you know what you're doing and bother to learn they GO just fine in the slick, and w/o a j-bar either.

m_stagev
04-23-2017, 04:32 PM

rr 20 lb. air rule it was used in central pa. to run big block and small block modifieds together and it worked nobody had traction and cost nothing.

Krooser
04-23-2017, 05:02 PM
oil shocks... 18 degree heads... go back to the 90's bodies... and start the fast guys at the back...

TurboTurtle17
04-23-2017, 06:36 PM
oil shocks... 18 degree heads... go back to the 90's bodies... and start the fast guys at the back...yes sir that Is what I would love to see it go back to!!!

Doc88D
04-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Rusty had another two in a row weekend this week...

Senroc-Systems
04-23-2017, 10:03 PM
I see he won at Fayette County tonight. What's that......5 wins in ten starts? Something in that neighborhood.

HoosierDirtFan
04-23-2017, 10:46 PM
I see he won again at Quincy. What's that......5 wins in ten starts? Something in that neighborhood.

He won at Fayette County Speedway in Brownstown, Illinois tonight. They had 10 Late Models but only 9 started the feature.

Senroc-Systems
04-23-2017, 10:51 PM
He won at Fayette County Speedway in Brownstown, Illinois tonight. They had 10 Late Models but only 9 started the feature.

Thanks. I corrected my post.

Black F
04-24-2017, 01:40 AM
Rusty had another two in a row weekend this week...

More then ole Bobby can say!!!! Soooooooo Cool:cool:

Maybe Bobby should talk to CJ... :)

Black F
04-24-2017, 02:33 AM
oil shocks... 18 degree heads... go back to the 90's bodies... and start the fast guys at the back...

It's not gluten free tho!

MaverickSprints
04-24-2017, 07:15 AM

Heck, that's more than Josh Richards had to beat.

westlingracing
04-24-2017, 05:37 PM
The one thing that needs changed is bodies. We run the 525 ct motors and do pretty well. Shocks do a lot but if you change just one. It's got to be bodies.
Motors are way over rated, been there done that! About lost my house a couple times. You can have just as much success if the focus is on more than just HP

ThebigE
04-25-2017, 07:30 AM
9 cars in a feature is pathetic.... But, with how expensive this sport is it's not real surprising. Hell, Eldora could only field 15.Glad to see Rusty winning though. He's a great guy.

MaverickSprints
04-25-2017, 08:52 AM
9 cars in a feature is pathetic.... But, with how expensive this sport is it's not real surprising. Hell, Eldora could only field 15.Glad to see Rusty winning though. He's a great guy.

Only 7 finished at Sharon for JR's first Lucas win since florida... If we'd do away with crate some of the numbers in super would improve, as it is now some crates are spending $13K-$15K for a 604 and that's not far from a good used open comp engine capable of winning.