PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone on this one?....

dirt crow
04-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Four wide salutes and driver intro's. I think it's time to limit em. Every series does this now. Wasn't it in the beginning just meant for the big dogs? Have em at the 8-10 Crown Jewels and that's it. A 3k-4k to win race shouldn't do em. Just get the race on...

ptown
04-11-2017, 05:51 PM
Four wide salutes yes driver intro no.

Hoosier
04-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Four wide salute has grown old. Try something new. Driver intros should be done before motors are cranked - if you're going to introduce people, do it while we can hear.

Hoosier_Dirt
04-11-2017, 06:37 PM
I'd rather see driver intros as to 4 wide salute.

In The Gas
04-11-2017, 06:43 PM
If you have been going to the races for years I can see how you could get bored with driver intros and the 4 wide salute. I still think they should do it for the touring series and Crown Jewels. I still enjoy them and give the drivers I like a big cheer and the ones I don't like so much a big F___ U!
I'm sure newer fans appreciate them both.

Chris Thomason
04-11-2017, 06:46 PM
I like the 4 wide salute, but yes it is old. In agreement with driver intro for the big national sactions... not something like sas or mars.

Pennsboro23
04-11-2017, 06:47 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. I for one, am tired of watching the four wide salute. It use to be cool when you saw it 3-4 a year at big races you went to. Now every race paying 3,000 to win or more is doing it.

MaverickSprints
04-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Four wide salutes and driver intro's. I think it's time to limit em. Every series does this now. Wasn't it in the beginning just meant for the big dogs? Have em at the 8-10 Crown Jewels and that's it. A 3k-4k to win race shouldn't do em. Just get the race on...

Back in the day they brought all the cars out on the front stretch, everybody got strapped in, they announced who was starting where and gave the command to fire. Simple and efficient, I don't need to see the driver wave at me, I came for the race. Driver intros and 4 wide salutes are just a boring time suck to me.

Clayton_Wetter
04-11-2017, 06:58 PM
Four wide is worn out. Let's get back to racing.

zyoung25
04-11-2017, 07:06 PM
I liked the driver intros they done at the dome. For ones that didn't see it, the top 12 had their own highlight reel, and own personal song and pyros. All except for Chad Zobrist, where he hadn't on camera much they didn't have much other than what he had done that weekend.

It's a lil bit of lengthy process to do, but different and very interesting. They do it at the sx races for the top 10 in points, and it's the most exciting time of the night IMO. I don't think they should do it every time, just at the big shows.

Some of the old guys may not like this idea for whatever. I personally like seeing sh!t getting blown up.

huskerdirt
04-11-2017, 07:27 PM
I liked the driver intros they done at the dome. For ones that didn't see it, the top 12 had their own highlight reel, and own personal song and pyros. All except for Chad Zobrist, where he hadn't on camera much they didn't have much other than what he had done that weekend.

It's a lil bit of lengthy process to do, but different and very interesting. They do it at the sx races for the top 10 in points, and it's the most exciting time of the night IMO. I don't think they should do it every time, just at the big shows.

Some of the old guys may not like this idea for whatever. I personally like seeing sh!t getting blown up.

The introductions at the dome was straight up bad ass. I think races like Knoxville and the Show Me could do something similar because most of the field is set by the end of the previous night.

Black F
04-11-2017, 07:28 PM
I personally like seeing sh!t getting blown up.

Now that was funny!!

Yeah, the 4 wide salute has no real entertainment value anymore. They burnt it out...

a25rjr
04-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Im hoping they will throw the green flag, while doing the 4 wide, then we might see a heckuva race.....and a big wreck too! :)

Fastrace
04-11-2017, 07:48 PM
Four wideAt 10000 plus is cool

Josh Bayko
Four wide salute has grown old. Try something new. Driver intros should be done before motors are cranked - if you're going to introduce people, do it while we can hear.

PPMS did six wide a few times. Of course, you need a super wide track to pull that off.

Krooser
I'm in for four wide starts...

Waldo
04-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Yes, I agree they should start the races 4 wide. People would pay $25 dollars to just see the start of that race.......................................

kazual
04-11-2017, 08:03 PM
The most stirring 4 wide is USMTS mods. They have been doing it for a long time. Cars carrying American Flags and Lee Greenwood singing Proud To Be An American over the PA. If that doesn't give you a tingle then feel sorry for you.

Black F
04-11-2017, 08:04 PM

3 wide... :cool:

jlacey
04-11-2017, 08:09 PM
I like the 4 wide salute at the world finals with all 3 classes on track, but other than that its kinda gotten old. Seen races with 15 or less cars still doing a 4 wide salute

Waldo
04-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Okay, 3 wide, but start from a dead stop F1 style. I would like to see that.

Black F
04-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Okay, 3 wide, but start from a dead stop F1 style. I would like to see that.

Nope full racing speed!! If u can't keep up at the start tough sHT... :)

dirtcrazy4u
04-11-2017, 08:44 PM
I wish all announcers would scream boogity, boogity, boogity. I miss the starts because that saying makes me want to rip my hair out. Yea four wide has gotten old.

Black F
04-11-2017, 08:44 PM
They should only do a 4 wide salute at races $30,000 and over and start the World 100 3 wide!!!

Zonks32x
04-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Driver intros at the USA Nats along with crazy fireworks during the 4-wide is pretty cool

cgrace
04-11-2017, 10:15 PM
i really like four wide salute for any event thats like $10k or bigger. plus I like the parade laps. Drivers intro for major events are great too!

callmez
04-12-2017, 01:27 AM
I don't know why every series has to do the same thing, can't anybody come up with something unique? I know there are only so many things you can do with a pack of cars, but let's say you sort 'em out on the backstretch and introduce the drivers one at a time as their cars pull into starting positions on the front stretch, and send them off for the start as soon as the last one arrives. Or instead of 4 wide, have 'em form a single row that circles the whole track for a couple of laps, with all drivers waving. Or whatever. Just to do something different.

Dante Toledo, OH
04-12-2017, 04:03 AM
Some things at the track, like a 4 wide salute. Are not done old grizzled 4m fan that has been to thousand races and knows everything. Some things are done to get new fans and kids excited. If kids and new fans are excited and into it, that's kind of important to the future of our sport. It's worth the extra 5 minutes for that reason alone.

MaverickSprints
04-12-2017, 07:20 AM
Im hoping they will throw the green flag, while doing the 4 wide, then we might see a heckuva race.....and a big wreck too! :)

We are in agreement.

CIRF
04-12-2017, 08:32 AM
IIRC the World of Outlaws sprint cars started the whole 4 wide thing. It would be good if someone would come up with some pre-race ritual unique only to the late models as opposed to copying another series/genre'.

The suggestion that they start the race 4 wide is a great idea. From a standing start would be even better.

Highside Hustler25
04-12-2017, 08:44 AM
I'm assuming the folks that want to see 4 wide starts don't have to pay the bills on a race car. Can you even imagine the carnage?

jog49
04-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Clearly and loudly, tell me the car number, driver's name, driver's hometown, and car description. Announcer can then pack the microphone in his bag and go home because 99 out of 100 times, spectators can't hear anything anyway.
All the other pomp and ceremony crap is just that ............. crap!
Charlotte does scare the bejesus out the fans with the smudge pot explosions........... and the cannon fire at VMS will rattle the nerves but I have seen enough of that too.

zach51
04-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Four wide salutes yes driver intro no.

My thoughts exactly. It is still always fun to see a 4-wide before the nightcap. Doesn't take long, a couple minutes tops. Nothing worse than driver intros at smaller races. The drivers don't care, you MIGHT get one of them to raise their hand up with a half wave. Unless it is a big race and the drivers are interactive (i.e. throwing frisbees or t-shirts or something), no need for it.

buster83
04-12-2017, 09:39 AM
four wide salute their maybe some younger generation never seen it driver intro with all the smoking hot girls walking them to their cars if i remember right their is a famous race car driver that married one but i maybe wrong.

a25rjr
04-12-2017, 08:05 PM
I'm assuming the folks that want to see 4 wide starts don't have to pay the bills on a race car. Can you even imagine the carnage?

Yeah but its kinda like when my dad said Nascar should get rid of restrictor plates. I reminded him how fast they would be going and he replied, "all drivers have the same pedals. Let each driver decide how to use them pedals, based on their talent level and ball size." lol

WisWildManFan
04-12-2017, 11:36 PM
I love seeing them go 4 wide personally.

BloomerHarvickFan
04-13-2017, 12:17 PM
The first time I ever saw the 4 wide salute was back in around 94 or 95. My brother who was about 12 at the time leaned over to my dad, and said "They'll never get through turn one" as serious as could be. We still have fun at his expense over that when we go to the track and they do it.!!

Black F
04-13-2017, 12:29 PM
The first time I ever saw the 4 wide salute was back in around 94 or 95. My brother who was about 12 at the time leaned over to my dad, and said "They'll never get through turn one" as serious as could be. We still have fun at his expense over that when we go to the track and they do it.!!

Lol... Good one!!

formercrewguy
04-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Proof that you guys will bitch about anything and everything.................smh.

MaverickSprints
04-13-2017, 01:42 PM

I think its meant more as sarcasm, but I could be wrong. LOL. Maybe a Le Mans style start, park the cars on the front stretch facing out from inside wall and have everyone run to their cars, strap in and take off. The 3 & 4 wide salute is just a lame knock off and demonstrates a lack of creativity in promotion. We need more showman and fewer politicians, across the board.

Highside Hustler25
04-13-2017, 01:50 PM
I think its meant more as sarcasm, but I could be wrong. LOL. Maybe a Le Mans style start, park the cars on the front stretch facing out from inside wall and have everyone run to their cars, strap in and take off. The 3 & 4 wide salute is just a lame knock off and demonstrates a lack of creativity in promotion. We need more showman and fewer politicians, across the board.

That would not be fair to Jason, Chub, Terry Phillips, Bloomer, or Dennis Franklin. Someone like Kevin Weaver or Mike Hamerlee might have a heart attack.:D

zach51
04-14-2017, 09:19 AM

I think the first one I ever saw I was 8-9 years old it was at West Plains for the Show-Me, I'd like to say they had like 104 cars and they had them all out on the track doing a parade lap it was awesome. 4-wide all the way around the track pretty much. This would have been 1995 or 1996.

Snowmanracr21
04-14-2017, 02:06 PM
the 4 wide salute is a World of Outlaws sprint car thing and is still awesome at every Outlaws show along with Johnny Gibsons famous call......any other is just a copy

93Nelson
04-14-2017, 02:15 PM
Some things at the track, like a 4 wide salute. Are not done old grizzled 4m fan that has been to thousand races and knows everything. Some things are done to get new fans and kids excited. If kids and new fans are excited and into it, that's kind of important to the future of our sport. It's worth the extra 5 minutes for that reason alone.

Bingo!

These guys are just bored and want to b!tch.

70satomic
04-15-2017, 05:42 AM
No more 4 wide salute 's

NormP
04-15-2017, 07:22 AM

It would be glorious.

a25rjr
04-15-2017, 02:56 PM
It would be glorious.

yep....last time I checked, all dlms, have a brake pedal and a gas pedal! Let the hair go with the hide! lol

SVP
04-20-2017, 09:32 AM
Drivers intros , not after 10:30 , its starting to get late , lets roll Always like 4 wide salute and I keep waiting for the green to be thrown while there coming out of 4 , 4 wide. LOL