PDA

View Full Version : Justin Rattliff

Illtsate32
04-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Penalized for refusing Woo drug test.. 90 day suspension 60 if he completes drug and alcohol program..reinstatement if passes 2 tests in last 2 weeks of suspension and pays $1000 fine

TTS_JF
04-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Where'd that info come from?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-19-2017, 03:44 PM
Where'd that info come from?

Woo web site news

HoosierDirtFan
04-19-2017, 03:57 PM
Penalized for refusing Woo drug test.. 90 day suspension 60 if he completes drug and alcohol program..reinstatement if passes 2 tests in last 2 weeks of suspension and pays $1000 fine

O here we go this thread gonna be about 9 pages long. Just seen this on Facebook as well on a few different pages and is getting a lot of attention and comments. Should be interesting to see people's comments to this.

dirtcrazy4u
04-19-2017, 04:09 PM
OK. Who is Justin Rattliff ? Driver ? Crew guy ? Never heard of him.

RayCook53fan
04-19-2017, 04:19 PM

Late model driver from Kentucky, black #16. Jason Jameson has been driving the car as of late.

MI Dirt Fan
04-19-2017, 04:24 PM

T-shirt vendor?

grt74
04-19-2017, 04:26 PM
the question i would have is who else was tested ???? easy enough to bring some pee,but make sure your not pregnant lmao, its happened before,lmao

i think everyone should be tested or none, plan and simple

Josh Bayko
04-19-2017, 04:35 PM
Let's be serious here, it's not like he was gonna do much, if any WoO racing anyways. He's been putting other guys in his cars for the last year or two as it is.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
04-19-2017, 04:37 PM
O here we go this thread gonna be about 9 pages long. Just seen this on Facebook as well on a few different pages and is getting a lot of attention and comments. Should be interesting to see people's comments to this.

Dont forget that this will have bloomer in this thread also

MI Dirt Fan
04-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Dont forget that this will have bloomer in this thread also

Does now. You just mentioned him. lol

Pennsboro23
04-19-2017, 06:05 PM
Like Bayko said, what WoO shows would he have ran anyway?

MaverickSprints
04-19-2017, 06:28 PM
the question i would have is who else was tested ???? easy enough to bring some pee,but make sure your not pregnant lmao, its happened before,lmao

I think everyone should be tested or none, plan and simple

He wasn't tested, he refused the test. But I agree with you, to be fair you gotta test them all at once. They wouldn't dare do that though. If they keep it random(wink-wink) then they can pick and choose and not risk popping a star and torpedo the show. Its all a farce for the lesser minded who believe this can make things safer.

zyoung25
04-19-2017, 06:29 PM
Jason Jameson has been set to be in that car since the spring 50. It would've been rare to see him race anywhere as it is. The car belongs to Justin's dad.

dirtdobber45
04-19-2017, 06:59 PM
Its a bunch of bs. Its WoOs way of looking like the next NASCRAP.

B_K
04-19-2017, 07:09 PM
I'm thinking some of those random picks aren't so random.

genericracefan
04-19-2017, 07:43 PM
Don't forget this is a World Racing Group rule. All their series and races under their rules.

dirtcrazy4u
04-19-2017, 08:36 PM
I want to know what WRG is going to do if guys keep refusing or they fail a test. They have what 10 to 13 guys following the tour dependent on were they are ? Let's just say a few of the name drivers refuse or do not pass a test. What then ? Also what happens if your smoking weed and your in a state that has passed the weed is legal law ? I think WRG is getting involved in something they cannot win.

a25rjr
04-19-2017, 08:38 PM
I want to know what WRG is going to do if guys keep refusing or they fail a test. They have what 10 to 13 guys following the tour dependent on were they are ? Let's just say a few of the name drivers refuse or do not pass a test. What then ? Also what happens if your smoking weed and your in a state that has passed the weed is legal law ? I think WRG is getting involved in something they cannot win.

Heck, I thought everything was legal in Mooresburg! :)

Barbecueboy
04-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Yep.....4 or 5 racers that tour with them regularly tell them to gfy and that rule will fade very quickly.

Barbecueboy
04-19-2017, 09:07 PM
The woo drug testing is insurance candy..........nothing more IMO.

WisWildManFan
04-19-2017, 09:47 PM
I heard Ratliff makes money selling as well.

NormP
04-19-2017, 09:49 PM
I heard Ratliff makes money selling as well.

That's been the rumor about his family around his hometown for quite a while

thexfactor0210
04-19-2017, 11:17 PM
What is the exact rumor with the family?

fastford
04-19-2017, 11:36 PM
final nail in the coffin, think ill take up golfing......

MI Dirt Fan
04-19-2017, 11:50 PM
Just goes along with tire samples. Won't know the real winner for a couple days after the race pending tire samples and drug tests.

MaverickSprints
04-20-2017, 07:22 AM
Jason Jameson has been set to be in that car since the spring 50. It would've been rare to see him race anywhere as it is. The car belongs to Justin's dad.

Its a bunch of bs. Its WoOs way of looking like the next NASCRAP.

I'm thinking some of those random picks aren't so random.

I want to know what WRG is going to do if guys keep refusing or they fail a test. ..

Yep.....4 or 5 racers that tour with them regularly tell them to gfy and that rule will fade very quickly.

The woo drug testing is insurance candy..........nothing more IMO.

final nail in the coffin, think ill take up golfing......

@ Zyoung, It was a strategic test, very unrandom, a low risk wager for WRG. They get to look like they're doing something without hurting the show.

@ DD45, you nailed it, purely PR for those who think drug testing keeps them safe.

@ B_K, it was very strategic, the safest of all bets. Test a driver who isn't driving...

@ dirtcrazy4U, Don't worry, no one will be tested that might risk the show and if they are tested they will get a heads up so they can clean up. Use to happen at a company I worked for, one vital employee like to smoke weed so she was always allowed to step out and then be tested last.

@ BBQboy, If it were a real rule that might be true, but this is all very orchestrated to not risk anyone they deem valuable to their product.

@ FastFord, I agree and already made a move to wingless sprints after 30 years involvemnt in DLM.

vande077
04-20-2017, 07:46 AM
Wow, it appears no one on this board knows how any testing is ever done. The rule about refusing a test being an auto-fail is no different than refusing a blood, urine or field sobriety test if you're pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving. You refuse the test, it's an admission of guilt.

Don't know the guy from Adam, but to refuse the test is stupid. Take the test and you pass, you did nothing wrong, take the test and you fail, it's the same penalty as refusing the test.

As far as I'm concerned, to get a driver's license to drive on the street you should have to pass a drug test (same goes for applying for welfare or unemployment benefits). But let's all concern ourselves with the thought of "it's their free time, they can do what they want" and ignore the fact that except over-the-counter and prescriptions, most drugs are ILLEGAL federally (doesn't matter that certain states allow marijuana use, it's still illegal federally).

Hate to break this news to most of you, but the drivers and teams that follow the WoO are the ones that push for drug testing, not the sanctioning body. They want to ensure that anyone on the track with them is clean, it's dangerous enough without adding drugs or alcohol to the mix.

ThebigE
04-20-2017, 08:08 AM
I like the rule, and obviously there is a reason he didn't do the test....

fastford
04-20-2017, 08:41 AM
Wow, it appears no one on this board knows how any testing is ever done. The rule about refusing a test being an auto-fail is no different than refusing a blood, urine or field sobriety test if you're pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving. You refuse the test, it's an admission of guilt.

Don't know the guy from Adam, but to refuse the test is stupid. Take the test and you pass, you did nothing wrong, take the test and you fail, it's the same penalty as refusing the test.

As far as I'm concerned, to get a driver's license to drive on the street you should have to pass a drug test (same goes for applying for welfare or unemployment benefits). But let's all concern ourselves with the thought of "it's their free time, they can do what they want" and ignore the fact that except over-the-counter and prescriptions, most drugs are ILLEGAL federally (doesn't matter that certain states allow marijuana use, it's still illegal federally).

Hate to break this news to most of you, but the drivers and teams that follow the WoO are the ones that push for drug testing, not the sanctioning body. They want to ensure that anyone on the track with them is clean, it's dangerous enough without adding drugs or alcohol to the mix.

were not talking public highways, were talking private property , only consequences would come from track owner and sanctioning body, nothing criminal. I think if this is a sanctioning body issue, then let all the members/drivers vote on it and then if they vote this rule in, they should make every entrant to there event pee in a cup upon entering the event and test them right then. my mother was a probation officer for 33 yrs and even back then they had test that would give you instant results, so if a driver comes back hot, then they are disqualified right then before the race ever starts, like i said , final nail in the coffin. And by the way. I would pass, but thats beside the point , lets also have a breath alizer there to.....

zach51
04-20-2017, 09:12 AM
They need to test the flagmen too! I've seen some I've had doubts about!

jog49
04-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Ever notice when you mention drug test, a great many people here pull the shades and lock the doors?

chupp n bloomer fan
04-20-2017, 10:29 AM

Hate to break this news to most of you, but the drivers and teams that follow the WoO are the ones that push for drug testing, not the sanctioning body. They want to ensure that anyone on the track with them is clean, it's dangerous enough without adding drugs or alcohol to the mix.I've been tested randomly for 15 years plus, and I know exactly how they work. I have a CDL and run heavy equipment. I'm for them in my line of work.

I'm for them for welfare too, even unemployment, though I admit, I get like two weeks around Christmas where I'm off work that I can smoke if I want to. Off a month usually, but obviously you don't do that stuff till you come back. In saying that though, I'm with a test for unemployment too.

As much as I'm against the stupid federal laws on weed, they are what they are.

Yeah you got some drivers going yay, but for the most part, really? It wasn't an issue, it's a PR, insurance issue, not what they front it as. Just them spewing NASCAR BS. Zero proof there was a safety issue. And don't forget about alcohol too if you wanna go all NASCAR.

I agree, dumb to not take it. But if he just got done smoking, or snorting, it's a waste of time.

If there was an issue, I'm for it, there wasn't, so I think it's a waste of time, money, and is just dumb.

MaverickSprints
04-20-2017, 11:14 AM
I like the rule, and obviously there is a reason he didn't do the test....

Obvious? Only to you. He wasn't driving and hasn't been driving...
Why test someone who isn't even there to drive? What purpose does that serve?

vande077
04-20-2017, 11:28 AM
were not talking public highways, were talking private property , only consequences would come from track owner and sanctioning body, nothing criminal. I think if this is a sanctioning body issue, then let all the members/drivers vote on it and then if they vote this rule in, they should make every entrant to there event pee in a cup upon entering the event and test them right then. my mother was a probation officer for 33 yrs and even back then they had test that would give you instant results, so if a driver comes back hot, then they are disqualified right then before the race ever starts, like i said , final nail in the coffin. And by the way. I would pass, but thats beside the point , lets also have a breath alizer there to.....

Private property means zippo when it comes to drug use. if anything a private place can add even more rules (most employers have rules that go above and beyond what is required by law when it comes to drugs, alcohol, weapons, etc.).

If you think you can't be charged criminally on private property you are delusional, private property is where 99.9% of drug busts take place, not on the city street or in a city park, but on private property where they live.

Drivers asked that follow the series have been asking for drug testing for years, this has nothing to with insurance at all. If it did, a sanctioning body like the Interstate Racing Association (sprints in Wisconsin) would have implemented it many, many years ago, the leader of their sanction is in the insurance business. Last I checked, they still don't have a drug policy and if insurance is mandating it as many believe, they would have had it already.

NY DIRT
04-20-2017, 11:33 AM
My question is he refused the test during speed weeks in Florida which was almost 2 full months ago. Why is this information being released now instead of the week that it happened???? I am all for drug testing but not when it is handled like this.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Private property means zippo when it comes to drug use. if anything a private place can add even more rules (most employers have rules that go above and beyond what is required by law when it comes to drugs, alcohol, weapons, etc.).

If you think you can't be charged criminally on private property you are delusional, private property is where 99.9% of drug busts take place, not on the city street or in a city park, but on private property where they live.

Drivers asked that follow the series have been asking for drug testing for years, this has nothing to with insurance at all. If it did, a sanctioning body like the Interstate Racing Association (sprints in Wisconsin) would have implemented it many, many years ago, the leader of their sanction is in the insurance business. Last I checked, they still don't have a drug policy and if insurance is mandating it as many believe, they would have had it already.

Only WoO drivers want drug tests? But Lucas drivers don't? I have never heard it be an issue either way.

MI Dirt Fan
04-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Ever notice when you mention drug test, a great many people here pull the shades and lock the doors?

I don't think people particularly care. It's no secret anymore. Alot of people do it or have done it. This is a racing forum and people come here to talk racing, not drugs. They spend more money trying to combat it (marijuana) when they could legalize it to an extent and spend the money else where. Now if we're talking like the hard stuff like cocaine, meth etc then put every effort in to stopping that. But it won't ever happen.

vande077
04-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Only WoO drivers want drug tests? But Lucas drivers don't? I have never heard it be an issue either way.

From what I've seen, read and listened to first hand, Lucas drivers have been saying the same things, that they need to have drug testing.

It has nothing to do with those that follow the series (I'd guess most are clean anyway), but they race at many tracks across the country and many drivers drop in for just an event or two. It's easy to police the full time teams as officials see them on a regular basis and know when someone is acting "out of sorts", and they can do random testing on them at any time, anywhere. They can't do that with guys that don't follow them, they have to rely on their gut instinct (suspicion) and request a test or if someone else suspects (another driver, team owner, track promotor, etc.) they may be on drugs, they can request the sanctioning body test them as well.

That is the issue here, not that there is rampant drug use/abuse by the full-time teams/drivers. It's about those that aren't there every week which are extremely hard to police.

Josh Bayko
04-20-2017, 12:00 PM
My question is he refused the test during speed weeks in Florida which was almost 2 full months ago. Why is this information being released now instead of the week that it happened???? I am all for drug testing but not when it is handled like this.

I'm gonna guess they waited until after the appeals process finished to announce anything. That's the way things tend to be done anymore.

reid boys
04-20-2017, 12:21 PM
The part I don't get is why would he show up in the first place?

fastford
04-20-2017, 12:24 PM

he would have to have the drug on him physically and be caught by a police officer of some kind to be charged , if he took a puff of pot a week ago and failed a drug test given by a race track or sanction, what are they gone charge him with?

vande077
04-20-2017, 12:33 PM
he would have to have the drug on him physically and be caught by a police officer of some kind to be charged , if he took a puff of pot a week ago and failed a drug test given by a race track or sanction, what are they gone charge him with?

It's up to the sanctioning body. They can have you arrested (without drugs on you) if you refuse to comply with their drug test or your refusal to vacate the property. And since you refused to comply with a random drug test, you give those arresting officers "reason" to get a court order to drug test you, search all your property (hauler, tow vehicle) and can charge you with a multitude of charges related and unrelated to the drug use (if you come back positive, they can charge you with OWI if you were behind the wheel of a licensed vehicle), they can charge you with Trespassing if you refused to leave the property, they can charge you with interference with official acts if you start making a scene when they try to detain you or to get you to leave the property. Happens every day of every week in every state across the US.

NormP
04-20-2017, 12:40 PM
I'd be surprised if a police officer would arrest you for refusing a drug test requested by a private company. That's a civil issue, not a criminal one. The trespassing part, yes, you might convince an officer to arrest the guy if he refuses to leave private property after being asked to leave. But for just refusing a drug test the police are going to tell you that's an issue between you and the guy requesting the test. Obviously there are exceptions to everything, but in probably 99% of the cases the police aren't going to want to touch that because there has been no criminal statute broken.

Bit it's really odd that they would pick a guy who doesn't run many series races and has been putting someone else in his car the last few months.

fastford
04-20-2017, 12:44 PM
i dont know about where your at, but ive never herd of a sanction body"officer" arresting any on down here. I think you are swaying to the delusional side my self. any way, I feel when they come up with a way to check ones sobriety at the time of the indecent as far as pot or anything else, then im all for it, just like checking for alcohol.

chupp n bloomer fan
04-20-2017, 12:47 PM
The part I don't get is why would he show up in the first place?Why not? He's a regional guy who races part time, probably didn't think he'd get popped. He was always very wreckless when I seen him race(sarcasm)

vande077
04-20-2017, 02:36 PM
I'd be surprised if a police officer would arrest you for refusing a drug test requested by a private company. That's a civil issue, not a criminal one. The trespassing part, yes, you might convince an officer to arrest the guy if he refuses to leave private property after being asked to leave. But for just refusing a drug test the police are going to tell you that's an issue between you and the guy requesting the test. Obviously there are exceptions to everything, but in probably 99% of the cases the police aren't going to want to touch that because there has been no criminal statute broken.

Bit it's really odd that they would pick a guy who doesn't run many series races and has been putting someone else in his car the last few months.

refusing the drug test is what ends up getting you arrested (cause more than likely you make a scene when they ask you to leave and get arrested for Trespassing). Officers aren't deaf and can use your refusal to leave as "probable cause" to get a court order for a drug test at the local hospital so they can charge you criminally. There are idiots that do this all the time across the US that if they just walk away would never have an issue legally.

Can they use the track drug test as a reason to arrest? No. It's the stuff that happens after the refusal of the test or when it comes back positive and they tell them they can't race that night that will burn them.

zach51
04-20-2017, 02:44 PM
refusing the drug test is what ends up getting you arrested (cause more than likely you make a scene when they ask you to leave and get arrested for Trespassing). Officers aren't deaf and can use your refusal to leave as "probable cause" to get a court order for a drug test at the local hospital so they can charge you criminally. There are idiots that do this all the time across the US that if they just walk away would never have an issue legally.

Can they use the track drug test as a reason to arrest? No. It's the stuff that happens after the refusal of the test or when it comes back positive and they tell them they can't race that night that will burn them.

Local law enforcement is never going to touch this. Especially when it takes the sanctioning body 2 months to announce not that they failed, but they didn't even take the test. I usually agree with what you say, and I'm still not saying you are wrong, but it will never involve local law enforcement unless it is a Tyler Walker type scenario where the dude is assaulting people and obviously cranked out of his mind.

vande077
04-20-2017, 03:46 PM
Local law enforcement is never going to touch this. Especially when it takes the sanctioning body 2 months to announce not that they failed, but they didn't even take the test. I usually agree with what you say, and I'm still not saying you are wrong, but it will never involve local law enforcement unless it is a Tyler Walker type scenario where the dude is assaulting people and obviously cranked out of his mind.

That was my point, it will be someone who makes a scene that gets arrested. Those that just say no, pack up and head home aren't the ones that will get arrested, it's the idiots. Sadly there are more of them than ever....

NormP
04-20-2017, 04:04 PM

I'm not saying what you've described has never happened, but I've never seen an officer use refusal to leave the property as probable cause to get a court order for a drug test. That's not how probable cause works. Probable cause is that which would lead a reasonable person to believe a suspect has committed a crime. "Reasonable" is the word the court focuses on. No reasonable person is going to take trespassing as proof that a drug crime has been committed in this particular type of situation. And even if the track or whoever says "well I want him to leave because he wouldn't take a drug test" that still isn't going to interest the average officer enough to try to get a judge to order a drug test without any evidence the guy has ingested drugs, especially when it means disturbing a judge after hours. It requires a search warrant to get someone's bodily fluid if they do not voluntarily submit to the test.

Something like this:

Judge looks at the search warrant affidavit the officer wants him to sign: "So officer, what is your probable cause for this search warrant to draw blood or take a urine sample or both?"

Barney Fife: "Well he refused to take a pee test down at the track when they asked him to"

Judge: "Did you or anyone else observe him taking illegal drugs?"

Barney: "No"

"Did you find illegal drugs on his person or in his toter home?"

"No sir."

"Do you have any other proof he has used or is in possession of illegal drugs?"

"Well he wouldn't leave the track after he refused their test."

"That's it? I'm standing here in my robe at 11:30 pm and you bring this to me? You need to go back to academy and learn the meaning of probable cause. You're an embarrassment to your agency and a waste of my time."

Judge then goes inside and calls the chief or sheriff and bawls him out, resulting in a visit to the chief's office for the officer first thing Monday morning.

When it goes to court, specifically a probable cause hearing, the judge is going to require that you as the arresting officer demonstrate the probable cause to arrest the person. That's no problem for trespassing, but that's about all you have. And even in the case of trespassing, in a lot of states it's probably only going to be a ticket with a court date and that's enough to convince the guy to live to fight another day, unless he just flat out raises a ruckus at the track.

As someone else mentioned, it may have been you I don't remember, refusal to submit to a test requested by an officer when he suspects DUI is a completely different ballgame.

But you are right that if guys just cool off a little and look at the situation after a night's sleep, they could solve a lot of their own problems.

All that being said, I think this an odd choice of someone to be tested. "Randomly" test one of the regulars if you as a series want to show good faith and that you're taking it seriously. And who knows, maybe that random test comes back clean as a whistle.

Anyway, I've rambled enough.

CGF
04-20-2017, 04:09 PM
This is total b s ....

It's up to the sanctioning body. They can have you arrested (without drugs on you) if you refuse to comply with their drug test or your refusal to vacate the property. And since you refused to comply with a random drug test, you give those arresting officers "reason" to get a court order to drug test you, search all your property (hauler, tow vehicle) and can charge you with a multitude of charges related and unrelated to the drug use (if you come back positive, they can charge you with OWI if you were behind the wheel of a licensed vehicle), they can charge you with Trespassing if you refused to leave the property, they can charge you with interference with official acts if you start making a scene when they try to detain you or to get you to leave the property. Happens every day of every week in every state across the US.

dirtcrazy4u
04-20-2017, 04:49 PM
Vande077. Where the heck do you live ? I have stood beside men that refused drug test at work. Same as owner,driver,crew at a sanctioned WoO race. There is no big scene, no police are called, nothing. Can you work, no. They send that person home. At a race track if that driver refuses they have stated in there rules a bunch of crap, and crap and crap. So if I am the guy that runs SLM in Pennsylvania and on Wednesday I went and bought weed at the now legal weed refueling station and went fishing and rolled a dubbie and enjoyed my day of fishing. Come tomorrow we head to Lernerville for the Firecracker. I get tested and you open your mouth about crap I am going to own your a**. This is all a load of crap being pushed by idiots like yourself that think all people are guilty screw state laws. You need to go hug a tree that has poison ivy growing around it. Your a nut huggin, tree loving attention getter worm. Have a good day.

MI Dirt Fan
04-20-2017, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure where he thinks it happens every day every week every state.

fastford
04-20-2017, 08:08 PM
I'm not saying what you've described has never happened, but I've never seen an officer use refusal to leave the property as probable cause to get a court order for a drug test. That's not how probable cause works. Probable cause is that which would lead a reasonable person to believe a suspect has committed a crime. "Reasonable" is the word the court focuses on. No reasonable person is going to take trespassing as proof that a drug crime has been committed in this particular type of situation. And even if the track or whoever says "well I want him to leave because he wouldn't take a drug test" that still isn't going to interest the average officer enough to try to get a judge to order a drug test without any evidence the guy has ingested drugs, especially when it means disturbing a judge after hours. It requires a search warrant to get someone's bodily fluid if they do not voluntarily submit to the test.

Something like this:

Judge looks at the search warrant affidavit the officer wants him to sign: "So officer, what is your probable cause for this search warrant to draw blood or take a urine sample or both?"

Barney Fife: "Well he refused to take a pee test down at the track when they asked him to"

Judge: "Did you or anyone else observe him taking illegal drugs?"

Barney: "No"

"Did you find illegal drugs on his person or in his toter home?"

"No sir."

"Do you have any other proof he has used or is in possession of illegal drugs?"

"Well he wouldn't leave the track after he refused their test."

"That's it? I'm standing here in my robe at 11:30 pm and you bring this to me? You need to go back to academy and learn the meaning of probable cause. You're an embarrassment to your agency and a waste of my time."

Judge then goes inside and calls the chief or sheriff and bawls him out, resulting in a visit to the chief's office for the officer first thing Monday morning.

When it goes to court, specifically a probable cause hearing, the judge is going to require that you as the arresting officer demonstrate the probable cause to arrest the person. That's no problem for trespassing, but that's about all you have. And even in the case of trespassing, in a lot of states it's probably only going to be a ticket with a court date and that's enough to convince the guy to live to fight another day, unless he just flat out raises a ruckus at the track.

As someone else mentioned, it may have been you I don't remember, refusal to submit to a test requested by an officer when he suspects DUI is a completely different ballgame.

But you are right that if guys just cool off a little and look at the situation after a night's sleep, they could solve a lot of their own problems.

All that being said, I think this an odd choice of someone to be tested. "Randomly" test one of the regulars if you as a series want to show good faith and that you're taking it seriously. And who knows, maybe that random test comes back clean as a whistle.

Anyway, I've rambled enough.

rambling or not, well said norm, well said....

lazermod3
04-20-2017, 08:19 PM

smoking pot a week ago!

fastford
04-20-2017, 09:00 PM
smoking pot a week ago!

they say it will stay in your system 30 or more days, so say he took a puff 10 days before and he tested positive, according to vande he could be arrested at the track, so i was wandering what the charge would be for failing a test at a race track, i dont know why im arguing this any way because it dont apply to me any more, gave it up 20 yrs ago when i had to have CDL to drive my car hauler . I guess its more about the fairness of it all....

Illtsate32
04-20-2017, 10:24 PM
Lol vande loves cops apparently..

MaverickSprints
04-20-2017, 10:40 PM
Vande077. Where the heck do you live ? I have stood beside men that refused drug test at work. Same as owner,driver,crew at a sanctioned WoO race. There is no big scene, no police are called, nothing. Can you work, no. They send that person home. At a race track if that driver refuses they have stated in there rules a bunch of crap, and crap and crap. So if I am the guy that runs SLM in Pennsylvania and on Wednesday I went and bought weed at the now legal weed refueling station and went fishing and rolled a dubbie and enjoyed my day of fishing. Come tomorrow we head to Lernerville for the Firecracker. I get tested and you open your mouth about crap I am going to own your a**. This is all a load of crap being pushed by idiots like yourself that think all people are guilty screw state laws. You need to go hug a tree that has poison ivy growing around it. Your a nut huggin, tree loving attention getter worm. Have a good day.I'm putting this in for post of the decade! Preach on, Brother!

thexfactor0210
04-20-2017, 10:41 PM
You cannot be charged with being on drugs. That is a fact.

zyoung25
04-20-2017, 11:17 PM
I've lost count of the people I've seen walk off the job knowing they can't pass a whiz test.....none of them went to jail or was even threatened to be arrested. I know I said this in another thread awhile back. One guy I worked with came back he was pregnant in his test. Could they arrest him for stealing?

Senroc-Systems
04-20-2017, 11:45 PM
You cannot be charged with being on drugs. That is a fact.

Sure you can! It's called public intoxication....

ksmitty79
04-21-2017, 12:04 AM
Having Weed in your system is not illegal. The position of the controlled substance is what is illegal. Unless you are on some type of criminal probation then having it in your system is illegal

Depending on how recent you smoked would reflect in the ng/mL reading after the DUA (Drug Urine Analysts.) I work in treatment and we can pretty much narrow it down to about a two day time frame of when you lasted smoked. They are testing THC-COOH which is a byproduct of your body after consuming THC

Nobody is that pisses hot is going to go to jail unless your on probation end-story.

Now the question is.. If I just went to a legalized state and participated (say Colorado) and I'm not a chronic smoker and I came back and 5 days later I raced in an event. I'm going to piss hot but I am not Under the influence. Now I am assuming they filled out a contract that stats they have to remain drug free. (Kinda like the ones that we all fill out when we work in drug free companies.) With that being said you better read the small writing on the paperwork :)

Its all CYA..

IZZOJR16
04-21-2017, 12:14 AM
funny he looks high with red dilated eyes and all, in the picture used for DOD picture with this story.

ksmitty79
04-21-2017, 12:14 AM
one thought on the reason why it took so long was he might have had to have proof of prescription or something of that demeanor and he couldn't come up with the documentation.

We are all assuming it's weed!! We are in an Opoid epidemic and have seen a high rise in opioid abuse. Kentucky being #8 highest in the country..

Not throwing sticks but just making a Statement!

IZZOJR16
04-21-2017, 12:22 AM
good for WOO. Lucas should be doing the same. Drivers deserve to know they are racing against drug-free competitors and the sanctioned body is willing to provide the safest possible environment.

fastford
04-21-2017, 08:07 AM
one thought on the reason why it took so long was he might have had to have proof of prescription or something of that demeanor and he couldn't come up with the documentation.

We are all assuming it's weed!! We are in an Opoid epidemic and have seen a high rise in opioid abuse. Kentucky being #8 highest in the country..

Not throwing sticks but just making a Statement!

i agree, we are having a huge problem down here with opioid,s and heroin , but i think help is on the way,"wink".

MaverickSprints
04-21-2017, 09:27 AM
I've lost count of the people I've seen walk off the job knowing they can't pass a whiz test.....none of them went to jail or was even threatened to be arrested. I know I said this in another thread awhile back. One guy I worked with came back he was pregnant in his test. Could they arrest him for stealing?

Saw that in a Cheech & Chong Movie back in the day. LOL. Kept the sample in a not so clean Mayonaise jar.

The rule about refusing a test being an auto-fail is no different than refusing a blood, urine or field sobriety test if you're pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving. You refuse the test, it's an admission of guilt.Not it is NOT an admission of guilt to refuse to do a drug test at a track by a non-employer. The end result in how the sanction treats you is the same as a fail, but no guilt can be established, period.

Hate to break this news to most of you, but the drivers and teams that follow the WoO are the ones that push for drug testing, not the sanctioning body. They want to ensure that anyone on the track with them is clean, it's dangerous enough without adding drugs or alcohol to the mix.This statement is interesting, but I need a couple of answers since you claim to be able to speak for drivers on multiple series.

1) Your location is listed as Iowa, is that where you live and work?

2) How is it if you live in Iowa that you can speak for ALL the drivers on 2 National series and neither is based in your area and rarely go there?

Barbecueboy
04-21-2017, 11:40 AM
good for WOO. Lucas should be doing the same. Drivers deserve to know they are racing against drug-free competitors and the sanctioned body is willing to provide the safest possible environment.

And patrons walking around in the pits need to know that all the crew , the officials and anybody else on a 4 wheeler , mini bike or golf buggy is not all doped up too.

I am no prude , but if you guys think this is all in the name of safety then let's test everybody that's on these crews, work these tracks and drive these rigs too.

I mean, it's all in the name of safety , correct?

I'm ok with the testing if they are testing everybody and if the implied saftey reasons are sincere......I just personally don't think they are.

zach51
04-21-2017, 01:16 PM
The Knoxville Police are special. Racing is all that happens in their town so they swing their D's anytime they can at the racetrack. Iowa as a whole has seemed very anti-race teams over the past few years. They annually set up big check points on the ways into Knoxville to bust race rigs for not being registered as commercial vehicles, among other things. And I'm not talking about the Randy Sweet thing.

Clayton_Wetter
04-21-2017, 02:31 PM
By reading these posts it looks like his career is over and he will have to flee the country!!! hahahahahahahaaa

Barbecueboy
04-22-2017, 12:38 AM
By reading these posts it looks like his career is over and he will have to flee the country!!! hahahahahahahaaa

And laugh some dam Morris.........in my best blackie voice.

vande077
04-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Saw that in a Cheech & Chong Movie back in the day. LOL. Kept the sample in a not so clean Mayonaise jar.

Not it is NOT an admission of guilt to refuse to do a drug test at a track by a non-employer. The end result in how the sanction treats you is the same as a fail, but no guilt can be established, period.

This statement is interesting, but I need a couple of answers since you claim to be able to speak for drivers on multiple series.

1) Your location is listed as Iowa, is that where you live and work?

2) How is it if you live in Iowa that you can speak for ALL the drivers on 2 National series and neither is based in your area and rarely go there?

Yes, I live and work in IA

I can READ the driver's comments on Social Media and Press Releases and listen when they race and talk in my area. Haven't seen or heard a single driver say anything negative about the drug policy and most supported it on social media the day it was announced. If they had an issue with it, they either wouldn't support the series, or they would make no comment at all.

Do I think the national followers have any drug users? The probability is there from a statistics standpoint.

The bottom line is that someone WILL make a scene at some point and WILL get arrested. Just refusing the test won't be the issue, it will be them flying off the handle forcing the promotor's hand to call the police.

I've seen this happen in placed I have worked in the past. Someone was asked to leave, they refused, started to make a scene and eventually the police were called. They continued to make a scene and got themselves arrested and due to their behavior, a judge signed off on a warrant to search their car. Luckily, they didn't have anything on their person or in his car, but their attitude and behavior gave the cops probable cause. If they'd just walked away as they were asked, nothing would have happened at all. That was nearly 20 years ago now. And the world has changed A LOT since that time and everyone is more on edge than ever.

I've seen more people walked out of their place of employment by police in the last 5 years than I have the previous 25.

Illtsate32
04-24-2017, 10:46 AM
^^^^^^ This guys logic smh

vande077
04-24-2017, 11:00 AM
Vande077. Where the heck do you live ? I have stood beside men that refused drug test at work. Same as owner,driver,crew at a sanctioned WoO race. There is no big scene, no police are called, nothing. Can you work, no. They send that person home. At a race track if that driver refuses they have stated in there rules a bunch of crap, and crap and crap. So if I am the guy that runs SLM in Pennsylvania and on Wednesday I went and bought weed at the now legal weed refueling station and went fishing and rolled a dubbie and enjoyed my day of fishing. Come tomorrow we head to Lernerville for the Firecracker. I get tested and you open your mouth about crap I am going to own your a**. This is all a load of crap being pushed by idiots like yourself that think all people are guilty screw state laws. You need to go hug a tree that has poison ivy growing around it. Your a nut huggin, tree loving attention getter worm. Have a good day.

But they didn't make a scene, I assume they left when asked.

Had they made a scene about it (as you state you would above), I'm sure the employer would have called the police to have them removed. It's the escalation and the scene that someone makes that causes the issue, it has nothing to do with the initial test. But then again, everyone has forgotten basic Civics in our Country these days too.

I don't think all people are guilty as you assume I did. I know guys that smoke weed and it's their business to do so. However, they also are smart enough to know that if they refuse a drug test (or fail one) at work that they will be unemployed. They are also smart enough to not make a scene and make matters worse in the event that happens.

There are people that will cause a scene (even non-drug users) when asked to take a drug test. The scene they cause forces the employer's hands when it comes to calling local law enforcement (in this case, it would be a track promotor). Looks like you'd be one of those that would force their hand to calling the police.

I am not a driver, but both of my brothers are former racers. They would not want a guy that has done drugs on the track with them either. Contrary to popular belief on this board (and others), even legal drugs have an adverse effect on you (reaction time) and until that drug is no longer in your system you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a passenger car, let alone a racecar.

Barbecueboy
04-24-2017, 01:21 PM
I like your posts vande, but you make a lot of assumptions about what people may or may not do.....

GRT24
04-24-2017, 06:26 PM
As a deputy if they asked him to leave and he didn't. I would trespass him from the property and advise him not to return need of story. If he became irate and causing a scene I could cite him for disorderly conduct or arrest him on it. Depends on his actions. If I had the suspicion he was under the influence I could give a field sobriety test and if he failed I could arrest him for a pedestrian under the influence. 99% of law enforcement officers would just trespass him from the property with no other action taken. Wouldn't have a choice if powers of the property do not want him on the premises. He could not be arrested unless he is on probation or parole and that would be on his probation or parole officer. You would have to contact them and go through the process. It's really not worth the time.

makin'bakin'
04-26-2017, 03:08 PM
All this does is let DLM racing world know what the Central KY has known for years.

FACT

MI Dirt Fan
05-26-2017, 10:53 PM
Someone tweeted earlier, not sure if it was WoO or UMP Dirt car saying Justin Ratliff completed a program, asked for reinstatement and was given it.

chopter
05-27-2017, 06:16 AM
Just use clean pea.

race14
05-27-2017, 07:31 AM
I think vande needs drug tested there is no way in he** you can get arrested for a failed drug test. The drug testing is a joke.

25jrjr
05-27-2017, 10:02 AM
I think vande needs drug tested there is no way in he** you can get arrested for a failed drug test. The drug testing is a joke.

If one could.......Lance Armstrong would be serving 1,437,121 years! :)