PDA

View Full Version : Relocating shocks

Nate85
04-24-2017, 07:02 AM
Relocating shocks on 85 monte street stock. Not exactly sure where or how. Some pics would give me a great idea. Or some basic instructions. I know the mount to front of. Lower a arm. But not exactly sure. Rear. Has a ford 9. Not sure where to locate these either. Pics would be greatly appreciated on this as well. What would be better. Bolt on mounts or weld on. Placement of these would be helpful also thanks

klv8lm
05-01-2017, 01:14 PM
You want the lower mount to be about 7" below axle centerline. usually mounting to the back of trailing arm mounts is good.

speedbuggy
05-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Walk through the pits and looks at metric chassis modifieds that have to run stock lower control arms. That will show you how to mount a shock outboard of the spring in the front.

Where you mount the shocks depends a lot on why you are relocating from stock position and what you are trying to accomplish, which you don't mention.

Renegade Cust Susp
05-17-2017, 11:22 PM
Relocating shocks on 85 monte street stock. Not exactly sure where or how. Some pics would give me a great idea. Or some basic instructions. I know the mount to front of. Lower a arm. But not exactly sure. Rear. Has a ford 9. Not sure where to locate these either. Pics would be greatly appreciated on this as well. What would be better. Bolt on mounts or weld on. Placement of these would be helpful also thanks

http://www.seegysraceproducts.com/page16.html

Pics are in a mod but same principle applies