PDA

View Full Version : Late Model Mark, need a solid from you...

dirt crow
04-30-2017, 09:08 AM
I don't know if you'll respond to this, and that's ok, but on behalf of me, and pretty much all the fans, at this Saturday nights Southern All-Star race, probably my lone appearance at TST this year, can you PLEASE just get the All-Star announcer hammered by 7 o'clock and passed out drunk and you just call the action. I really don't know if I can take anymore of his screaming. ...Does he have passion for the sport, absolutely. But professionalism, no. Far from it. Just watched the Smokey Mtn All-Star race on DoD and once again I had to turn the volume all the way down. ...Somebody gotta tell him to get a grip, show him how it's done. Might as well be you. You've turned into a great voice to listen to. ......so if you see me Saturday, I expect my shout out. Lol. Take care my friend. And remember, you ever wanna go back with us to Eldora, we'll always have you a spot.

MaverickSprints
04-30-2017, 10:22 AM
LOL, this isn't the first post about this. Be prepared to get raked over the coals for daring to mention it. I was branded "Judgemental" because I requested he stop using certain phrases. Keyword, "requested" and I got blasted as "a hater", "a hypocrite" and many other things for that. Today the thought process of certain generations and people is, your not allowed a different opinion from theirs, if so your freedom of speech privileges will be revoked and you'll be reported for hate speech. Have a nice day.

turnleftandgasit
04-30-2017, 10:32 AM
I was headed here to say the same thing. I also watched the DoD video and heard the announcer say that Jamison was working the top like the HighSide Hustler, Mr Bobby Pierce. This is around the 2:30 mark. I think we have an issue with different announcers, as mine is with the quieter of the two.

dirt crow
04-30-2017, 10:34 AM
Good post and true Maverick. But there's still a good many that's like me - the kind that don't give a sh!+ what people think about them. We may be a slow dying breed in the world today but I'm glad to be part of it. Lol. ....but yes, his screaming is the absolute worse.

dirt crow
04-30-2017, 10:39 AM
I was headed here to say the same thing. I also watched the DoD video and heard the announcer say that Jamison was working the top like the HighSide Hustler, Mr Bobby Pierce. This is around the 2:10 minute mark.

Omg! Gees. had the volume down. Never heard it. Lol. That's worse than the time I heard the local Dixie speedway announcer say at the shootout "Don O'Neal, a real deal, martinsville IL."

KBM18fan
04-30-2017, 11:19 AM
Best line I heard when I had it turned on was when he said "Squirrel is about to get a Nut"!!! My wife even turned around and ask me, what the he1l did that guy say? lmbo. It was at that time that I turned off the sound. Just don't understand it. Call the race and leave the 1 liners to the comedians.

dirt crow
04-30-2017, 11:45 AM
Best line I heard when I had it turned on was when he said "Squirrel is about to get a Nut"!!! My wife even turned around and ask me, what the he1l did that guy say? lmbo. It was at that time that I turned off the sound. Just don't understand it. Call the race and leave the 1 liners to the comedians.

Exactly.....

Late_Model_Mark
04-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the props DC. This coming Nascar Weekend event will be quite busy in the booth. We will be live streaming the events from Thursday thru Sat night. On Friday in the booth will be the USCS announcer doing the live stream as well as myself, Ross Tingle from the Mag will do the Nesmith stuff and my associate on Saturday nights will also help out. Then Saturday, the SAS announcer I am sure will be in attendance as well, that makes five announcers up there. "Yikes!!"

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

B_K
04-30-2017, 04:01 PM
Just hand the mic to Ross and call it a night.

President Clinton
04-30-2017, 05:56 PM
I like the guy!!!!! He adds "flavor"? At least he is trying to be entertaining, as we all know the racing anywhere in the south lacks entertainment!!!!! Qualifying and follow the leader most nights, so he fills in so the fans don't fall asleep. Sooner or later this will end like NASCAR? Empty seats and sponsor trouble? To each their own, just my opinion

dirt crow
04-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Thanks for that gloom and doom testimonial Slick Willie. Now go slap your ugly crook wife in the face with a bus.

onlyfacts
04-30-2017, 06:33 PM
Not sure who the announcers were last night at Smokey Mountain but those were two of the worst ever. I question if they were even at the race or were they smoked up. What they were saying wasn't even happening.. and the one liners were terrible.

President Clinton
04-30-2017, 06:42 PM
Thanks for that gloom and doom testimonial Slick Willie. Now go slap your ugly crook wife in the face with a bus.

My wife/boss can even call a spade a spade. We all know how it is down here. No gloom,no doom, just the way it is!

ChrisNunn
04-30-2017, 08:20 PM
As LateModelMark, James Essex, or any other announcer that lurks on here or posts on here will say...this isnt an easy job, and not everyone can do it.

Everyone has their own style, everyone wants to add their own little "flavor" to the show. Some announcers like to tell stories and forget about the play by play, and calling the action. Some announcers like to strictly focus on play by play. Some announcers talk before the races begin, and then when the green drops, they just go silent.

Being an announcer since 2001, its hard to find a style that will please "everyone" as its just not possible to do so. Constructive criticism is always welcome, as I know that we all appreciate it, and can use it to help enhance your experience at the track to make it a fun and enjoyable one.

But, this is just one announcers opinion. Good luck to LateModelMark, Ross, Wesley Outland (USCS), and Dewayne Keith (SAS) on their big weekend coming up!

dirt crow
04-30-2017, 08:38 PM
My wife/boss can even call a spade a spade. We all know how it is down here. No gloom,no doom, just the way it is!

I agree about the racing down here. It's nothing like the Yankees have for sure. But we do have our bright spots (Whynot, Senoia, ArkLaTex, Magnolia) and others have there moments.

dirt crow
04-30-2017, 08:45 PM
As LateModelMark, James Essex, or any other announcer that lurks on here or posts on here will say...this isnt an easy job, and not everyone can do it.

Everyone has their own style, everyone wants to add their own little "flavor" to the show. Some announcers like to tell stories and forget about the play by play, and calling the action. Some announcers like to strictly focus on play by play. Some announcers talk before the races begin, and then when the green drops, they just go silent.

Being an announcer since 2001, its hard to find a style that will please "everyone" as its just not possible to do so. Constructive criticism is always welcome, as I know that we all appreciate it, and can use it to help enhance your experience at the track to make it a fun and enjoyable one.

But, this is just one announcers opinion. Good luck to LateModelMark, Ross, Wesley Outland (USCS), and Dewayne Keith (SAS) on their big weekend coming up!

Nice post. But as far as the SAS announcer, if he'd just quit screaming, who knows, he might be pretty good.

Chris Thomason
04-30-2017, 09:16 PM
Nice post. But as far as the SAS announcer, if he'd just quit screaming, who knows, he might be pretty good.

This is exactly where I am too, crow. The one liners and somewhat silly analogies dont bother me nearly bad as the screaming. It seems that I heard him long ago at EAMS and he wasnt yelling into the mic. Maybe its some crazy habit he's developed over the past couple years with sas. Reminds me of Carrie Underwoods music...it can be enjoyable to some but she's always screaming before the end.

zach51
05-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Yep everybody is different. I don't particularly care for listening to Essex, but that doesn't mean he's bad....far from it. He just has a strange twang and tries to say too much too fast for me, my redneck brain can't process it that fast.

fastford
05-01-2017, 08:33 AM
hey mark, i dont care what any one says, your doing a fine job, i would like to say one thing, we were not ready yet this Saturday night and sat on the spectator side in turn one, the speakers were turned up way to high, may have just been down there, dont know, but between the races, it was very loud and herd several complain, you guys may not realize it so just letting you know. See you this week end buddy...........

dirt crow
05-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Too add on to fastford in a different area, I was told by a fan that went this past weekend that the bathrooms have a wasp problem. Not being critical, just giving a heads up. Track personnel might not be aware.

dirt crow
05-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Yep everybody is different. I don't particularly care for listening to Essex, but that doesn't mean he's bad....far from it. He just has a strange twang and tries to say too much too fast for me, my redneck brain can't process it that fast.

With Essex, you talking bout this..... word word word word pause/breath, word word word word word word pause/breath, word word word pause/breath, word word word pause/breath .....???

zach51
05-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Too add on to fastford in a different area, I was told by a fan that went this past weekend that the bathrooms have a wasp problem. Not being critical, just giving a heads up. Track personnel might not be aware.

Those are just the mascots. It is the "Hornet's Nest" after all....

zach51
05-01-2017, 09:02 AM
With Essex, you talking bout this..... word word word word pause/breath, word word word word word word pause/breath, word word word pause/breath, word word word pause/breath .....???

HA! I'm not sure how to explain it. It seems like it didn't used to be the way it is now. I like his action calls, just seems like his call has sped way up over the last couple of years. And that high twang "JAAAAAYYYY DDDDDD" lol. It's all good though. If these are our biggest problems then that is a good thing.

I guess that is part of it though, having a schtick. If they were boring that wouldn't be any fun either.

dirt crow
05-01-2017, 09:06 AM
HA! I'm not sure how to explain it. It seems like it didn't used to be the way it is now. I like his action calls, just seems like his call has sped way up over the last couple of years. And that high twang "JAAAAAYYYY DDDDDD" lol. It's all good though. If these are our biggest problems then that is a good thing.

I follow ya. His call has changed over the past 10 years for sure.

Barbecueboy
05-01-2017, 05:22 PM
I find it hard to be a critic of something I can't or wouldn't do........holler em out dewayne, I know where the mute and volume buttons are if I need them.

Normally I'm at the track and couldn't care less who is announcing........listening to them is not really why I go.

Late_Model_Mark
05-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Thanks Chris, ya sure can't please em all. Dirt Crow, really looking forward to seeing you again my friend, and I may take you up on your Eldora offer. I am aware of the loudness of the speakers in t-1. I use the wireless mic which seems good all around, My associate uses the wired mic and it comes off louder in 1 than the rest of the track plus his voice has a much higher tone than mine.

Dirt Crow, if you want I will fix you up in the tower. Fastford, come see me brother.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer

dirt crow
05-01-2017, 07:13 PM
Hey I appreciate the offer Mark but I got a group of folks coming with me. We'll be sitting up top between 4 and flagstand.

Chris Thomason
05-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Thats my usual spot too! Me and little brother prob sat next to you 100 times...

dirt crow
05-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Thats my usual spot too! Me and little brother prob sat next to you 100 times...

For decades I've sat between flagstand and 1. But last year I sit between 4 and flagstand. Much better view. But the backstretch is still the best. But not paying 35

dirt crow
05-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Hey Mark. What's the beer / cooler policy this weekend ???

fastford
05-03-2017, 01:06 PM
it better be OK, lol i dont know of them being banned before.

dirt crow
05-03-2017, 03:29 PM
it better be OK, lol i dont know of them being banned before.

It was one time when WoO Sprint Cars was there on a race weekend. So because of that I like to double check. ....sent message asking the same on TST Facebook page. They said bring em on, but no glass. Only cans.

fastford
05-03-2017, 04:37 PM
i dont remember that, but i didnt go much then , when you mentioned glass, i always thought that was a common since thing at a dirt track, but i sat in the stands last sat night and was amazed at people with glass bottles , they were warned though , think i remember ole LMM getting on to a few.

B_K
05-03-2017, 06:23 PM
It was one time when WoO Sprint Cars was there on a race weekend. So because of that I like to double check. ....sent message asking the same on TST Facebook page. They said bring em on, but no glass. Only cans.

I think that was only you couldn't bring it in, but they were selling it there. If I recall ole Smoke took a liking to the "personalities" of one of the nice young ladies there selling beverages.

Another good one was Robby Gordon riding through the pits spraying people with a super soaker.

Carl Edwards hanging out and talking when he drove for Stacey a couple of times.

Couple of others not suitable to tell. Cup weekend is always a good time. Y'all enjoy I'm going to the beach.

Late_Model_Mark
05-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Cooler policy is anything you want as long as there is no glass. That opens the door big time, I tell folks each Sat night that as long as there is no glass you are good to go. Bring them adult beverages and partake!!!!!!!!!!

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer Still Working To Get Better

dirt crow
05-03-2017, 07:13 PM
I think that was only you couldn't bring it in, but they were selling it there. If I recall ole Smoke took a liking to the "personalities" of one of the nice young ladies there selling beverages.

Another good one was Robby Gordon riding through the pits spraying people with a super soaker.

Carl Edwards hanging out and talking when he drove for Stacey a couple of times.

Couple of others not suitable to tell. Cup weekend is always a good time. Y'all enjoy I'm going to the beach.

Your exactly right. That's what it was. They wanted you to buy it that night. Good memory sir. .....I'm headed to the beach in a month. Daytona! And Volusia is having a 5k to win late Model show the Saturday I arrive. Finally gonna get to see a race there because I refuse to pay Daytona speedweek hotel prices.

ThebigE
05-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Dustin Jarrett does a great announcing!

B_K
05-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Your exactly right. That's what it was. They wanted you to buy it that night. Good memory sir. .....I'm headed to the beach in a month. Daytona! And Volusia is having a 5k to win late Model show the Saturday I arrive. Finally gonna get to see a race there because I refuse to pay Daytona speedweek hotel prices.

I'll be just up A1A from there in St Augustine. Hope TST is a good show.

Been a while since I've been to Volusia. I'm more of a bullring guy, but should be a good show.

MEE
05-07-2017, 09:33 AM
I don't know about other fans ,but when I watch a race on DOD from a track that I've never been to I like to hear the names and where they're from.
With this guy I just can't stand to listen to him.
I tried to listen to it one more time today but I just can not any more.

One of his stupid comments today was (HUNTENEM DOWN LIKE A DOG IN HEAT}.

Now how does that sound?
Just think what you would tell you're 9 year old when she ask you what dog in heat means !!!!!!!!

Like they say ( to all his own )
I will not listen to him again.