PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Latham Roll Call Florence Speedway

TTS_JF
05-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Who all can we expect for $12,000 this Saturday?

Scott Bloomquist
Josh Richards
Tim McCreadie
Shannon Buckingham
Don O'neal
Hudson O'neal
Earl Pearson Jr
Dennis Erb
Jimmy Owens
Darrell Lanigan
Steve Francis
Colton Flinner
Gregg Satterlee
Boom Briggs
Devin Gilpin
RJ Conley
Eddie Carrier Jr
Brandon Overton
Steve Casebolt
Dustin Nobbe
Michael Chilton
Austyn Mills
Nick Latham
Kent Robinson
Mike Marlar
Steve Landrum
Trevor Landrum
Robby Hensley
John Whitney
Jesse Lay
Timothy Culp
Nick Hoffman
Zak Blackwood
Jason Jameson
John Gill
Cody Mahoney
Adam Bowman
Kyle Hardy
Colin Green
Jackie Boggs

luv racin
05-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Add Mike Marlar per article at DoD

lokwaidid
05-01-2017, 07:51 PM
add steve casebolt per website

TTS_JF
05-01-2017, 07:55 PM
List updated

BIG MAC ATTACK
05-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Steve Landrum,Trevor Landrum,Robby Hensley.Jesse Lay.John Whitney

lazermod3
05-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Who all can we expect for $12,000 this Saturday?

Scott Bloomquist
Josh Richards
Tim McCreadie
Bobby Pierce
Don O'neal
Hudson O'neal
Earl Pearson Jr
Dennis Erb
Jimmy Owens
Darrell Lanigan
Steve Francis
Colton Flinner
Gregg Satterlee
Boom Briggs
Devin Gilpin
RJ Conley
Eddie Carrier Jr
Brandon Overton
Steve Casebolt
Dustin Nobbe
Michael Chilton
Austyn Mills
Nick Latham
Kent Robinson
Mike Marlar

Don't forget about J.J.Bumbroski!,it's reported he is on his way.

JabberJaws83
05-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Steve Landrum,Trevor Landrum,Robby Hensley.Jesse Lay.John Whitney

Jason Jameson?

lokwaidid
05-02-2017, 06:51 AM
I would guess:
cody Mahoney
john gill

maybe:
scott james
Justin rattliff
joe godsey
Justin ralliff

Shaun31
05-02-2017, 07:05 AM
Hey to say it but it looks like the R word I'm keeping fingers crossed

zyoung25
05-02-2017, 08:15 AM
I would guess:
cody Mahoney
john gill

maybe:
scott james
Justin rattliff
joe godsey
Justin ralliff

James doesn't have a ride.

TTS_JF
05-02-2017, 08:38 AM
List updated with locals, didn't put Jameson, Godsey, etc. as I wasnt positive on those guys.

The R word doesnt look great for Saturday, but who knows the way this Spring has been.

GRT62
05-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Timothy Culp

TowerView
05-02-2017, 10:08 AM
add Nick Hoffman, Zak Blackwood, Jason Jameson, John Gill, Cody Mahoney and Adam Bowman

JabberJaws83
05-02-2017, 10:14 AM

He has a brand new car in his shop.

bleedsbluer2
05-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Add 99 kyle hardy

In The Gas
05-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Who does John Gill drive for now?

TS FAN
05-02-2017, 04:10 PM
Mr Cold is on the way. Mr Rain needs to get the boot. Gill is driving the 75, and i would guess it is the same team as last year.

racerx99
05-02-2017, 10:22 PM
this should be a nice field of cars if MN lets us race.... this race Ralph Latham, use to be the week before the dream, didn't see any other race it would have been moved for...
mayB another 10K race on Florence june schedule
Gonna be HAMMER DOWN if they race........

zyoung25
05-02-2017, 11:14 PM

What kind of brand of car is it? I seen Scott a couple months ago leaving the tilted kilt in Florence.

this should be a nice field of cars if MN lets us race.... this race Ralph Latham, use to be the week before the dream, didn't see any other race it would have been moved for...
mayB another 10K race on Florence june schedule

The weekend before the Dream is open on the lucas schedule. It's strange to me why they moved it too. It's always been the weekend before the Dream for as long as I remember.

TS FAN
05-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Lucas and drivers requested the week between the Show Me and the Dream be left open. Why, I am not sure. I just know that was the reason Florence moved it.

Gary
05-03-2017, 12:56 PM
#52 Colin Green

Clayton_Wetter
05-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Mr Cold is on the way. Mr Rain needs to get the boot. Gill is driving the 75, and i would guess it is the same team as last year.

Not looking good at all.

Shiny Side Up 18
05-03-2017, 07:59 PM
I think they'll be fine. It looks like they wouldn't get much precip on Saturday and it would be gone by 4:00. Sunday looks great if Saturday doesn't work.https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.998949618000495&lon=-84.62660697699965#.WQp8InQo7qA

racedad11
05-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Florence won`t usually run on sunday

HornsUp
05-03-2017, 10:32 PM
Add Jackie Boggs to that list

zyoung25
05-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Who does John Gill drive for now?

Gill drives for Weinle motorsports I think is the name. It's a rocket car.

TTS_JF
05-04-2017, 09:30 AM
List updated

mskdorf
05-04-2017, 11:42 AM
Sunday is the Taz makeup date.

smoothoperator32
05-04-2017, 08:25 PM
take bobby pierce off list

buster83
05-05-2017, 08:31 AM
the boy wonder had it on his schedule.

bleedsbluer2
05-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Looks like they will get this race in with alot of rain outs in indiana, ohio i would exspect late model count in 50s

Highside Hustler25
05-05-2017, 05:40 PM
the boy wonder had it on his schedule.

Sorry, Davenport

zyoung25
05-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Add Shannon Buckingham.

TS FAN
05-05-2017, 10:19 PM
They are going to have a tough time getting this one in. I almost wish they would reschedule. Rainy and messy just make muddy parking lots and long nights

#FALSuperman
05-05-2017, 10:56 PM
They are going to have a tough time getting this one in. I almost wish they would reschedule. Rainy and messy just make muddy parking lots and long nightsHave a feeling they will get the race in. Models are looking better for tomorrow. Should only have a spotty shower earlier in day.

luv racin
05-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Forecast is really starting to look good. Rain has cleared out of Florence at this point and now forecast says not much if any rain at all tomorrow. I believe they are really going to pull it off and get this one in. Be good race for hammer down Doug drown lol cuz it will be hammer down tomorrow night

MI Dirt Fan
05-06-2017, 11:06 AM
They tweeted that track prep had already begun.

Gary
05-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Florence Speedway

2 hrs ·

It's #raceday!! And it's all systems go for tonight's 31st annual Ralph Latham Memorial. Track crews are already working on the racing surface and things are laying down nicely. With today's forecast improving greatly, we should have no problems getting the show in as scheduled tonight. We have received quite a bit of rain the last couple days, so please be careful when parking at the track today. For more info on tonight's event including prices and times, check outpost from earlier this week or the schedule page at florencespeedway.com.
As a reminder, the track record is currently held by Eric Wells with a 14.748. That may go down tonight!

JabberJaws83
05-06-2017, 01:36 PM
No coolers or chairbacks in the grandstands seems a little extreme for this race

racerx99
05-06-2017, 04:07 PM
you can buy your ticket, nd go in the SIDE GATE with ur chairs. My back can't handle sitting w/o 1...
Track is gonna be bad fast, hope it stays together. Gonna be a bunch of smokin' motors after this one!!!!

zyoung25
05-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Bloomer already buried in the area.

GEAR_HEAD
05-06-2017, 05:07 PM
No coolers or chairbacks in the grandstands seems a little extreme for this race

Chairbacks should be banned from all racetracks. They screw the people behind you so that you can be comfortable. They're very inconsiderate.

NormP
05-06-2017, 06:23 PM
There's a guy 3 rows in front of me with a chairback. And a man and woman 5 rows down in the next section with chairback. So no one is roaming the stands making them take them out

NormP
05-06-2017, 06:26 PM
The more I look the more I see

NormP
05-06-2017, 06:27 PM
The track is being run in again right now.

MI Dirt Fan
05-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Where is Overton. Has Florence on the schedule and not at either WoO or LOLMS events.

TNDirt
05-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Congrats to The Big Buck Shanon Buckingham for winning heat 1 and pole for the feature.

TNDirt
05-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Sounds like Overton went to Talladega

a25rjr
05-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Bad flip by Mahoney in Heat 3!

GEAR_HEAD
05-06-2017, 07:36 PM
I have a better word for them then that but inconsiderate will do here...

Next time this happens to you just sit in front of them, lean back and rest on their knees! Same difference!! :cool:

Sadly everybody thinks the world revolves around them nowadays. I don't mind the soft seatbacks, but the ones with solid seat backs should absolutely be banned.

t3r3e3
05-06-2017, 07:37 PM
Chairbacks should be banned from all racetracks. They screw the people behind you so that you can be comfortable. They're very inconsiderate.

Fuk chair backs, and the fat inconsiderate @ssholes who take up far too much space with them. Seat cushions are fine. That is all...

racerx99
05-06-2017, 09:04 PM
b-main.. running laps faster then they Q!!

chupp n bloomer fan
05-06-2017, 09:27 PM
No coolers or chairbacks in the grandstands seems a little extreme for this raceNot one bit. You're completely an inconsiderate a$$hole when you guys roll into these tracks with your coolers and chairs that take up a seat and a half plus fuk the guy behind you. Then again y'all get the hint when I keep my knee in your back till you get the hint. And 100% I'll go to the track personnel if none of these options work. You pay for a seat, not a section.

These races are too packed for people to just act like they are the only person there. Regular show where people can spread out, have at it, a show like this, I applaud Florence for trying. They should go through the stands and enforce it also.

zyoung25
05-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Bloomer
Tmac
Richards
O'Neal
Lanigan

A main top 5 finish.

MI Dirt Fan
05-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Not one bit. You're completely an inconsiderate a$$hole when you guys roll into these tracks with your coolers and chairs that take up a seat and a half plus fuk the guy behind you. Then again y'all get the hint when I keep my knee in your back till you get the hint. And 100% I'll go to the track personnel if none of these options work. You pay for a seat, not a section.

These races are too packed for people to just act like they are the only person there. Regular show where people can spread out, have at it, a show like this, I applaud Florence for trying. They should go through the stands and enforce it also.

Should be signs at the gate and ticket takers enforcing it.

dirtdobber45
05-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Bloomer TmacRichards O'NealLanigan A main top 5 finish.Do you have 2nd and 3rd switched? Was going by what DoD has?????

MI Dirt Fan
05-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Lucas oil had Bloomquist TMac Richard's

dirtdobber45
05-06-2017, 10:19 PM
All I know is the THE G.O.A.T. wins another one... WHOOOOO!!!!!

dirtdobber45
05-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Lucas oil had Bloomquist TMac Richard'sThats cool like I said was asking cause of the other. Dont matter didnt have either on my oics. I had BLOOMQUIST... lmao

a25rjr
05-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Do you have 2nd and 3rd switched? Was going by what DoD has?????

RM has tmac in 2nd... dod has Richards.???

MI Dirt Fan
05-06-2017, 10:26 PM
From the Lucas Oil Twitter account

27m
Lucas Oil Late Model @lucasdirt
#LOLMDS Feature Finish:
Bloomquist
McCreadie
Richards
ONeal5
Lanigan
Pearson
Casebolt
Gilpin
ONeal71
Buckingham
Owens
Satterlee
Briggs
Bowman
Latham
Chilton
Francis
Evans
Hensley21X
Boggs
Erb
Flinner
Mahoney
Jameson
Gill

zyoung25
05-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Tmac got Richards on the last lap....I was here. They must've made the post before the last lap went down.

JabberJaws83
05-07-2017, 08:01 AM

Have back surgery and then get back with me. They make em to where you don't take up any space in the foot row behind you.

JabberJaws83
05-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Not one bit. You're completely an inconsiderate a$$hole when you guys roll into these tracks with your coolers and chairs that take up a seat and a half plus fuk the guy behind you. Then again y'all get the hint when I keep my knee in your back till you get the hint. And 100% I'll go to the track personnel if none of these options work. You pay for a seat, not a section.

I get what you're saying, but not everyone is an Ahole with them. Some people really need them.
North/South, completely understand, I don't even go to that race anymore due to the crowd/space. But the Latham? It's not that crowded.

late model chaser
05-07-2017, 09:07 AM
What happened to Boggs? He was driving a Swartz car wasn't he?

GEAR_HEAD
05-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Have back surgery and then get back with me. They make em to where you don't take up any space in the foot row behind you.

If I had back surgery I wouldn't punish other people for it. I would either get top row seats, not attend crowded events, or just not go racing.

JabberJaws83
05-07-2017, 10:54 AM
If I had back surgery I wouldn't punish other people for it. I would either get top row seats, not attend crowded events, or just not go racing.

Not go racing, that's the way to keep tracks alive 👍🏻

Bubstr
05-07-2017, 11:12 AM
I think there is a big difference between chair backs. I sit behind some at times and don't have a problem. I'm pretty tall. As a matter of fact, I think they contain them in their area. What bothers me is people that stand up for the least little thing and block the view behind them. We paid for a seat, not a stand. They should go to the top row and put the over sized seat backs in front of them. They don't need the knee room.

NormP
05-07-2017, 12:32 PM
What happened to Boggs? He was driving a Swartz car wasn't he?

He was in a Swartz.

He dropped out in probably the first 10 laps. Didn't hear what it was. He didn't look real strong last night.

I wish Mahoney hadn't wrecked in the heat, and Chilton hadn't broke during the feature. Those two were solid.

a25rjr
05-07-2017, 12:55 PM
I think there is a big difference between chair backs. I sit behind some at times and don't have a problem. I'm pretty tall. As a matter of fact, I think they contain them in their area. What bothers me is people that stand up for the least little thing and block the view behind them. We paid for a seat, not a stand. They should go to the top row and put the over sized seat backs in front of them. They don't need the knee room.

There is a big difference. As I have fought back problems for years, I have to use a stadium seat. There designs make them not suitable in crowded bleachers. However, I found these at Academy several years ago, and and Im very impressed with the design. I have went through many diff ones until I found these. They are a little pricey, but they are heavy duty and will last a long time and most importantly give excellent back support!

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/the-stadium-chair-company-stadium-chair-200956635--1#repChildCatid=162353

chupp n bloomer fan
05-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Not go racing, that's the way to keep tracks alive If all that is left to go is to have people with huge fancy chairs there, then so be it.

Didn't mean my earlier post to be so sh!tty, just I see too often at big races where people bring these huge fancy chairs. And having sat behind them once, it's awful. My best advice for all is to get top row, handicapped, or buy the spot behind you also. You can't be punishing everyone else if you back issues or whatever. Not really our fault, and don't affect others because of your issues.

Black F
05-07-2017, 01:01 PM
12 bucks

https://www.everythingbranded.com/the-stadium-chair-folding-stadium-seat-chair-back?gclid=CMPetKqu3tMCFZGHaQodgSgJEw

a25rjr
05-07-2017, 01:04 PM
12 bucks

https://www.everythingbranded.com/the-stadium-chair-folding-stadium-seat-chair-back?gclid=CMPetKqu3tMCFZGHaQodgSgJEw

That ad says its just the back, not the seat???

Black F
05-07-2017, 01:07 PM
That ad says its just the back, not the seat???

Read it...

Black F
05-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Dam, show somebody a deal and they thinks something must be wrong lol

JabberJaws83
05-07-2017, 01:10 PM
If all that is left to go is to have people with huge fancy chairs there, then so be it.

Didn't mean my earlier post to be so sh!tty, just I see too often at big races where people bring these huge fancy chairs. And having sat behind them once, it's awful. My best advice for all is to get top row, handicapped, or buy the spot behind you also. You can't be punishing everyone else if you back issues or whatever. Not really our fault, and don't affect others because of your issues.

You obviously missed my point that I was talking about this specific race. Like I said, I get it, big crowds space is limited. But I'm respectful enough to stay in my own space even at a regular show. I'm not "punishing" anyone, just trying to support my local track

a25rjr
05-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Read it...

Its kinda mis-leading....look at the last line in the description.

Black F
05-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Its kinda mis-leading....look at the last line in the description.

You're right, wtf? Where do you get the dam rest of it lol.

racerx99
05-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Thanx 4 the seat info. Those ones look pretty handy. Its hard for us beatup ole Vets to enjoy the sport we love with out a little help & nd support.
Too bad not all our favorite tracks got high back aluminum bleachers in them!!
That was a pretty good race... track was better then I thought it would be with all the rain.
Darn Richards & McCreadie had bloomquist in their sites!!!

Clayton_Wetter
05-07-2017, 08:15 PM

Yes Gear Head, if you have back problems or injuries you have to have a chair back or stay home. My racing buddy is 85 and can't sit there with no chair back and I myself have had two car wrecks and my back can't handle not having a chair back anymore. That is why we quit coming to the NS and Latham. When the stands are completely full I understand the new policy, but maybe there could be a solution, of which I don't know what it would be at this time.

Sounds like the track would have been to our liking this time with good traction and side bite..

Clayton_Wetter
05-07-2017, 08:22 PM

Consider yourself lucky. Would you quit going to races if the shoe was on the other foot. You never know when you might wind up needing a chair back or quitting. When a stands is not full and someone has a chair set up there are other places to choose rather than insisting on sitting behind someone with a chair back.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Yes Gear Head, if you have back problems or injuries you have to have a chair back or stay home. My racing buddy is 85 and can't sit there with no chair back and I myself have had two car wrecks and my back can't handle not having a chair back anymore. That is why we quit coming to the NS and Latham. When the stands are completely full I understand the new policy, but maybe there could be a solution, of which I don't know what it would be at this time.

Sounds like the track would have been to our liking this time with good traction and side bite..I honestly think most could come up with a little better patio/handicap section. I'm not saying for those strictly handicapped, but ones with fuked up backs too. Who when the track is packed, can't really have them fancy chairs.

On a side note, the ones that were in front of me were teenaged yuppie kids and their yuppie Dad, and I'd hate to know how much was spent on food and sh!t. Up and down like they were little kids.

Clayton_Wetter
05-07-2017, 08:29 PM
I honestly think most could come up with a little better patio/handicap section. I'm not saying for those strictly handicapped, but ones with fuked up backs too. Who when the track is packed, can't really have them fancy chairs.

On a side note, the ones that were in front of me were teenaged yuppie kids and their yuppie Dad, and I'd hate to know how much was spent on food and sh!t. Up and down like they were little kids.

That's a bitch when you have people that have to eat or get a beer every 15 minutes!!! :) Them danged old funnel cakes are just getting out of control!!