PDA

View Full Version : Fords

onlyfacts
05-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Roush Yates Ford wins at Talldega with Stenhouse and Fords built with the same Roush Yates technology by Durham wins 3 of the Lucas and WOO races this past weekend with Bloomquist, Sheppard and Owens.

JustAddDirt
05-08-2017, 11:39 AM
Bloomquist is running a Chevy. (right now)
I was standing by car in lineup chute Saturday at Florence, Definitely a Chevy power plant. I had to take a second look myself.

jog49
05-08-2017, 12:49 PM
"Gotta love them Fords!!!!"

Same POS it has been since 1903.

Krooser
05-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Durham will build a Chevy...actually a clone since nothing is Chevy anyway. Not so for the Ford's...

MI Dirt Fan
05-08-2017, 01:23 PM
He does use them every now and then. I don't really think it's much surprise. Don't believe its a Durham though but it could be. There was a post quite awhile back about it.

MI Dirt Fan
05-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Yes. They run longer when you Fix Or Repair them Daily

onlyfacts
05-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Bloomquist runs RY 45 Fords built by Andy Durham... there was no Chevy in his car.

jog49
05-08-2017, 02:55 PM
"They run longer then most but you're pushing it." You are correct......pushing it with a Chevy. A Yugo is more dependable than a Ford.

Kwd1253
05-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Bloomer also had engine trouble last night at Tazewell. Not sure Andy Durham builds Chevrolet engines? Someone fill us in on that one

He was running Chevy sat. Night and Sunday he was running a Ford Motor reason he had problems last night lol

Make since and logic to me now 

a25rjr
05-08-2017, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=Kwd1253;2103407]He was running Chevy sat. Night

And he won......Go Bloomers! :)

MI Dirt Fan
05-08-2017, 03:38 PM
He's known for running a Chevy still. He ran one last year a few times.

TMaCiLLiNi39
05-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Bloomquist runs RY 45 Fords built by Andy Durham... there was no Chevy in his car.

Bloomquist was in a Chevy Saturday and was also in a Durham Chevy at Port Royal

zyoung25
05-08-2017, 03:57 PM

JustAddDirt isn't no dummy, if you knew who he was, you wouldn't question him. Brian Shirley runs a Durham Chevy, so it's not rare to see a Durham Chevy engine.

fastford
05-08-2017, 04:36 PM
First On Race Day , I watched it live yesterday, glad to see an ole boy from olive branch mississippi win won , sorry bout poor ole Jr , 2/3 of stands would have cut of a left nut if he could have won , LOL .

Rollover
05-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Roush Yates Ford wins at Talldega with Stenhouse and Fords built with the same Roush Yates technology by Durham wins 3 of the Lucas and WOO races this past weekend with Bloomquist, Sheppard and Owens.

talledega was a restrictor plate race hp means nothing on those tracks they are all the same. had a chevy saturday night.

a25rjr
05-08-2017, 05:43 PM
talledega was a restrictor plate race hp means nothing on those tracks they are all the same. had a chevy saturday night.

Im not too sure about that one. Looked like the Fords had an advantage in the hp department.

jog49
05-08-2017, 06:13 PM
The BOY just responded to my post.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-08-2017, 06:14 PM
This statement right here says a lot about how ignorant one can be and how jealous of FORD they are. Lmao! Yu go boy!!! Hahahahaha :p

Sounds like he hit a nerve there blackie ol boy. I have to agree w him!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Back in the day all there were was fords so we just walked to where ever!

dirtMAN007
05-08-2017, 06:19 PM
gotta love them fords!!!! :cool:

especially them black ones !!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Sorry to hear jump. you should have bought a Ford

I think you misread post #25. Get ur dam glasses outa ur azz!!

a25rjr
05-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Let ignorance be your guide. Boy??? You ever see a boy put a condom on with a tire tool??

No, but I heard Jumper can put one on with his mouth! :)

a25rjr
05-08-2017, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=SLIDING SIDEWAYS;2103444]Back in the day all there were was queers so we just ran to meet them in the woods!

That's just too much personal info there! :)

golddirt
05-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Yes and you missed my fries I

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Did you just give me an order? Hahahahaha

Better watch it..... litey watching you!!

chupp n bloomer fan
05-08-2017, 10:34 PM
JustAddDirt isn't no dummy, if you knew who he was, you wouldn't question him. Brian Shirley runs a Durham Chevy, so it's not rare to see a Durham Chevy engine.Yep. If he say's it was a Chevy, it was a Chevy.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-09-2017, 04:05 AM
What if he told you to jump off a cliff? :)Lol. I'd have to pass. But when it comes to racing, he's pretty smart.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Well, when it comes to racing aren't we all? You won't find more racing experts anywhere as you will right here! :cool:Got me there man lol.

MI Dirt Fan
05-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Maybe one car is setup for a Chevy and another is set up for a Ford? I dunno. He is quite the innovator so you never know. lol

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-09-2017, 01:04 PM
So he changed the motor mounts on his car just to put a Chevrolet in it? Doesn't sound right

Its just a midplate.

zach51
05-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Yeah all you have to do is have a different motor plate, the bolt points on the chassis for the plate will be the same, so no extra work involved for the most part. I'm not sure about the transmission, you should be able to use the same just have a different bell-housing.

..and I'm REALLY not sure about wiring. I would imagine you'd have to do something different on the ignition box because the distributor would be different but I hate wiring, not my thing.

JustAddDirt
05-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Very easy to have a wire harness extension to make up for the distributor placement. Very easy to switch trans/ bellhousing combo out with oil system for each make. Radiator too. All virtually the same stuff, doing the same thing.
It's Scott bloomquist for goodness sake. There is so much he has done 5 years ago that is just now becoming status quo.
Sorry to cause such a stir about blue oval or bow-tie brand. Just reporting what I saw.

a25rjr
05-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Thank for your info. Sounds like you know what you're talking about .

Agree......go Bloomers, with your new Cheby! You finally wised up! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Next time they'll find jog49's yugo motor in it and he'll still be winning :cool:

He will win more w a non ford motor

a25rjr
05-09-2017, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=SLIDING SIDEWAYS;2103593]........JD will win more w a non ford moto

JD/Yugo......winning combination, right there! Maybe too much power, though! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Here ya go making statements that make you the laughing stock of this forum. Lol, you shuold stop doing that jumpy. Haven't you leaned by now, or do you uncontrollable say dumb things? :D

To answer your question it would be the latter of your post. Thanks

chupp n bloomer fan
05-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Very easy to have a wire harness extension to make up for the distributor placement. Very easy to switch trans/ bellhousing combo out with oil system for each make. Radiator too. All virtually the same stuff, doing the same thing.
It's Scott bloomquist for goodness sake. There is so much he has done 5 years ago that is just now becoming status quo.
Sorry to cause such a stir about blue oval or bow-tie brand. Just reporting what I saw.Well said man, as usual, good post.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Get in there and fix us supper!! chop chop!!

Im done and gone bye

Dirtfan04
05-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Yeah all you have to do is have a different motor plate, the bolt points on the chassis for the plate will be the same, so no extra work involved for the most part. I'm not sure about the transmission, you should be able to use the same just have a different bell-housing.

..and I'm REALLY not sure about wiring. I would imagine you'd have to do something different on the ignition box because the distributor would be different but I hate wiring, not my thing.

Actually, believe it or not, the RY45 style engines require a Chevy mid plate and use a Chevy bell housing. They also run a Chevy style radiator with the inlet and outlet on the same side as a Chevy. They are completely opposite of the D3 style Ford engines (and all other Ford engines to this point). The ignition is crank trigger on the Durham fords and they utilize all the same boxes and coils as the Chevy engines. So the crazy thing is that if you are running an RY45, it is easier to swap a Chevy engine in and out than it is to swap a RY45 with a D3 engine. The fuel pumps are all ran off of the oil pump and the rear of the engine, so the only thing you actually have to change is the headers.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Actually, believe it or not, the RY45 style engines require a Chevy mid plate and use a Chevy bell housing. They also run a Chevy style radiator with the inlet and outlet on the same side as a Chevy. They are completely opposite of the D3 style Ford engines (and all other Ford engines to this point). The ignition is crank trigger on the Durham fords and they utilize all the same boxes and coils as the Chevy engines. So the crazy thing is that if you are running an RY45, it is easier to swap a Chevy engine in and out than it is to swap a RY45 with a D3 engine. The fuel pumps are all ran off of the oil pump and the rear of the engine, so the only thing you actually have to change is the headers.Howbouhdat, cashmeousside.

a25rjr
05-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Some drivers have complained about drivability issues with the Roush Fords. Makes me wonder about Bloomers switch!

fastford
05-09-2017, 08:17 PM
What sort of language is that CnB, any way your right about that swap Dirt fan, had a chance to get one a while back but dont want all that chevy sh!t on my ride....LOL

chupp n bloomer fan
05-09-2017, 08:20 PM
What sort of language is that CnB, any way your right about that swap Dirt fan, had a chance to get one a while back but dont want all that chevy sh!t on my ride....LOLCome on now, that dumb little ghetto brat and her white trash mom cashed in on their 15 minutes of fame. From Dr. Phil

a25rjr
05-09-2017, 08:20 PM
What sort of language is that CnB, any way your right about that swap Dirt fan, had a chance to get one a while back but dont want all that chevy sh!t on my ride....LOL

Everything looks better with a ...BOWTIE... on it! :)

Josh Bayko
05-09-2017, 08:32 PM
There isn't a super late model engine out there that is anything close to an OEM Ford or Chevy block. All this debate is pretty silly.

bleedblue55
05-09-2017, 08:36 PM
Some drivers have complained about drivability issues with the Roush Fords. Makes me wonder about Bloomers switch!
I'm guessing Richards last year and Sheppard this year aren't two of those complaining.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-09-2017, 08:53 PM

My understanding was that there was nothing better on slick than a Durham Ford.

a25rjr
05-09-2017, 09:07 PM
There isn't a super late model engine out there that is anything close to an OEM Ford or Chevy block. All this debate is pretty silly.

No, but it would be nice to put both on a dyno, and see the difference....if any!

JustAddDirt
05-10-2017, 08:26 AM
Actually, believe it or not, the RY45 style engines require a Chevy mid plate and use a Chevy bell housing. They also run a Chevy style radiator with the inlet and outlet on the same side as a Chevy. They are completely opposite of the D3 style Ford engines (and all other Ford engines to this point). The ignition is crank trigger on the Durham fords and they utilize all the same boxes and coils as the Chevy engines. So the crazy thing is that if you are running an RY45, it is easier to swap a Chevy engine in and out than it is to swap a RY45 with a D3 engine. The fuel pumps are all ran off of the oil pump and the rear of the engine, so the only thing you actually have to change is the headers.

I did not know that info on the RY45.
great info. thank you.
That would definitely make it a lot easier to swap between the two makes.

jog49
05-10-2017, 09:07 AM
A RY45 is just a Chevrolet clone in sheep's clothing. Some of you are forgetting Yates' original employer, well before Roush, and the make of cars that were involved in his development work.

zach51
05-10-2017, 09:08 AM
I did not know that info on the RY45.
great info. thank you.
That would definitely make it a lot easier to swap between the two makes.

Good info from you both. I did not know all of that. Good discussion that builds brain cells for once instead of everyone just bashing each other.

Thanks!

JustAddDirt
05-10-2017, 09:21 AM
wander what (if any) differences there are in weights of the RY45 and GM
guess that depends also if it is a wide bore motor or a standard style block.

Bubstr
05-10-2017, 09:49 AM

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuush, you have to know some pepsi or RC cans where destine by a higher power to become blue oval or bowtie.

fastford
05-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Come on now, that dumb little ghetto brat and her white trash mom cashed in on their 15 minutes of fame. From Dr. Phil

never watched DR phil , BUT I had rather have a sister working in a wh0re house than run a chevy, LOL , Wait, i work on a lot of that junk and some of my customers might be on here and figure out who i am,

zach51
05-10-2017, 02:39 PM
There outta be plenty of broken down fords that you need not ever touch a chevy and could still be a millionaire in a weekend!

fastford
05-10-2017, 02:43 PM
they all copied the 351 Cleveland cylinder head, chevy never produced a canted valve small block and toyoter never even built a push rod V8, nascrap said if thats the only way you guys can compete, then just copy them. There nothing stock about nascar stock car racing no more. Dont belive it, just ask ernie elliott about it, they wouldnt even look at his head he submitted after what he and awesome did to them, so they chose a tone the fords down and went with the weaker yates head.....

fastford
05-10-2017, 02:45 PM
There outta be plenty of broken down fords that you need not ever touch a chevy and could still be a millionaire in a weekend!

as many chevys as i work on, if you took them out of the equation , i would be broke in a week

zach51
05-10-2017, 02:52 PM
as many chevys as i work on, if you took them out of the equation , i would be broke in a week

LOL I was just razzin' ya. Don't doubt that for a second. It is all a bunch of mechanical parts.

I met a guy a few years ago that was Matco tool vendor and I said jokingly "I bet you hate Snap On huh?" and he was like, "Man I don't care what the tool says, if I can make money on it I'll sell it"

fastford
05-10-2017, 02:58 PM
i know, it,s cool, man I am in the heart of chevy country, i have this argument almost daily so i am use to it, I must say i enjoy it though and learned a long time ago not to let it get to me.....

zach51
05-10-2017, 03:07 PM
yeah I honestly don't think one is any better than the other, it just gives us something to harass our friends about lol

MI Dirt Fan
05-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Ford has better low end power. Especially on dry slick. There is some guys who are Chevy all day long but they race with a Ford because of.

Senroc-Systems
05-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Ford has better low end power. Especially on dry slick. There is some guys who are Chevy all day long but they race with a Ford because of.

MDF, while I appreciate your contribution to this forum in several areas, your assessment on the Ford/Chevrolet here is incorrect. The power band of either brand is dictated by the camshaft/cylinder head/valve train combination and the adjustments of them. Couple that with the bore and stroke combination resulting in specific cubic inch displacement for a specific type of track. To say "Ford has better low end power" just isn't true. The "especially on dry slick" is even further from the truth. The power is what it is. It is what the engine builder builds it to be. Because dirt lm racing surfaces change from qualifying to heat race, to consi, to feature, it is almost impossible to have the absolute peak power and torque numbers in each of these conditions. While at the very top level there may be a very small percentage making adjustments to the engine in between races on any given night, it's way more commonplace to adjust the car during the night.

MI Dirt Fan
05-10-2017, 06:34 PM
MDF, while I appreciate your contribution to this forum in several areas, your assessment on the Ford/Chevrolet here is incorrect. The power band of either brand is dictated by the camshaft/cylinder head/valve train combination and the adjustments of them. Couple that with the bore and stroke combination resulting in specific cubic inch displacement for a specific type of track. To say "Ford has better low end power" just isn't true. The "especially on dry slick" is even further from the truth. The power is what it is. It is what the engine builder builds it to be. Because dirt lm racing surfaces change from qualifying to heat race, to consi, to feature, it is almost impossible to have the absolute peak power and torque numbers in each of these conditions. While at the very top level there may be a very small percentage making adjustments to the engine in between races on any given night, it's way more commonplace to adjust the car during the night.

That was just what I was told. We always ran Chevy.

chupp n bloomer fan
05-10-2017, 09:13 PM
never watched DR phil , BUT I had rather have a sister working in a wh0re house than run a chevy, LOL , Wait, i work on a lot of that junk and some of my customers might be on here and figure out who i am,Me neither lol, was just all over the internet. Ask your kids about it, trust me, they know.

My wife had an 02 Explorer, pos. Had Cavaliers, Malibus, Sierra 1500, a WRX, and a new Rogue, liked or like all of them. In saying that, I like Fords trucks. And it 100% is a personal preference. Just had awful luck with the only Ford we have had.

Krooser
05-10-2017, 10:25 PM
Regarding the comments about engine hp and power band... anyone who was around in the 80's/90's can tell you the Fords dominated the 1 1/2 mile tracks because their basic design worked better than the GM and Mopar engines of that era. Same reason the 340 Mopar and many variations of the 327 Chevy punched way above their weight class in stock form... some combo's just work better in certain situations.

While I understand how to build an engine with a certain bore/stroke and the variations of a certain tune my experience of 55+ years of screwing with this stuff tells me the favorable power band of a certain engine is determined by the basic design of the engine... no one would expect a v-12 Ferrari to perform the same as a vintage v-12 Lincoln. Both v-12's but way different in performance.

Today's top driver's keep two or three different engines in the hauler and will use the engine that's suitable for the track they are racing on... might be one reason Bloomer has recently been spotted running a GM-based motor in recent weeks.

fastford
05-11-2017, 09:27 AM

i do agree with you about making power with any engine, especially with the redesigned heads chevy has today , I still think the ford design at its best has more controllable low end torque than the chevy at its best , i have dealt with both a good bit but i am not going to get into specifics on here just to prove a point, you might call jack cornett or durham and they can explain it to you.

Bubstr
05-11-2017, 12:42 PM
If I was to go out and buy a engine today, if it was blue or red, would be one of my last concerns. If you can choose bore, stroke and rod length, plus piston top and combustion chamber shape, port flow at rpm,cam shaft lift, duration and ramp speed, rocker arm length, why do I care whether it has a blue oval or bowtie? I don't. I'm flat foot like a Duck and don't give a Quack. If it makes a lot of HP at a RPM it can live at and doesn't have a peaky toque curve that will break the tires loose with out stepping on the gas but still have good throttle response, I'm good. Depending on the tracks you run at, times of too much power out number the times of not enough.

fastford
05-11-2017, 03:31 PM
your right about that bubster, thats why i never understood all the hoopla over a wide bore chevy, in the slick , which most tracks are now a days, whats the difference in 850hp over 900 hp, most drivers will tell you that with a conventional 850hp engine, they rarely use over 3/4 throttle.

Bubstr
05-11-2017, 04:24 PM
The advantage of the wide bore is for places like Knoxville Iowa. It can stretch it's legs at Kville, but what they found out is you can detune that 500 inch engine and come out with a flat line torque curve. This you can use on a bull ring during qualifying and pedal when they get slow and slick. There is no replacement for displacement.